ARRT for Sonography

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Staceyh in Lakeland, Florida

52 months ago

Has anyone taken this test? My school isn't accredited yet as we were the first Ultrasound class. So instead of working somewhere for a year, you can take this ARRT test and if you pass, you can sit for ARDMS.

Anyone??? Anyone???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

7362 in New Rochelle, New York

52 months ago

Staceyh in Lakeland, Florida said: Has anyone taken this test? My school isn't accredited yet as we were the first Ultrasound class. So instead of working somewhere for a year, you can take this ARRT test and if you pass, you can sit for ARDMS.

Anyone??? Anyone???

I too am interested in this, Anyone know about this ?? I have read the website and seem that this is true, I plan on call ARRT today to clarify some of the information... but it sounds like a good option.!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Careerchange in Trumbull, Connecticut

49 months ago

I'm trying to find out info about this as well. Any info would be great.

RVS in Knoxville, Tennessee

49 months ago

I was under the impression that you had to have a certain amount of clinical hours or exams performed to take the ARRT sonography exam but I may be wrong. A few of our techs looked into it when our ACR accreditation was about to expire and they needed a registry to keep their jobs. (Although the ARRT in sonography is a certification and not a registry.)
I also believe that you can only be out of school for the maximum of 5 years or you cannot take the ARRT exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pat in Branford, Connecticut

13 months ago

I have graduated un-accredited school I have signed up to take ARRT Sonography exam. You can call them they are very helpful, the # is on the website. ARRT Sonography is recognized by the AIUM now but most places still want ARDMS which you will be eligible to take as soon as you pass ARRT. I would love to hear from anyone who has taken this exam also

Roger in Oakland, California

13 months ago

I believe once you pass the ARRT (which is prominent in Radiology, where General ultrasound and vascular reside most of the times) it is a pathway to ARDMS. I remember reading that before.

Just as in echo, if you are CCI registered, it is a pathway to ARDMS'RDCS registry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.