FAILED MY CCI ECHO EXAM PLEASE HELP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 2355)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

echo oregon in Oregon

55 months ago

Pam in Portland, Oregon said: And yes!!! Good luck Rosalie!

Hi Pam,
Do you know of any echo openings in portland area? Its seems to be 'who you know' and contracting companies that have techs in hospitals.. i will have rdcs soon and have great references.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lyndajo in Eros, Louisiana

55 months ago

Lynette in Spokane, Washington said: you didn't ask me, but I know the answer to your question. Todds book is for the cardiovascular science exam. I do have a Todd CD that I would be willing to sell.

Lynette, I know it is too much to hope that you still have this cd for sale, but if so please e-mail and let me know. I would love to buy it. my address is lyndynojo@hotmail.com

SALMA K in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

Diana in Rockford, Illinois said: I have taken CCI CVS three times every fortyfive days. My highest score was 620 and needed 650 to pass. It is very frustrating. So I will probably order Wes Todd review book. Does anyone have a recent one for sale? Does anyone have a recent one for sale. Before I studied from the CCI Self Assessment Exam.

email me i can probably help out
i know some people have it
my email add is aifos1979@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MArck in Hollywood, Florida

55 months ago

Does anyone know if Wes Todds Review book is also good for CCI Echo registry or only good for CCI Cardiovascular science ? Im taking the test on March 29 for the 4th time.

Abd if anyone is intrested Im selling....

DAVIES Publishing

-2009 Ultrasound Physics Review
-2009 Adult Echocardiography Review

Excellent for ARDMS. Not for CCI.

Contact me @ markberges@hotmail.com

55 months ago

why are you taking CCI when you already passed ARDMS
you don't need to take CCI...ARDM is much better
Todd's review book is only good for CV Science exam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Salma I never took ARDMS. For some special reason I wasnt eligible to take the test. So, I chose to go with CCI.
But again if anyone is intrested Im selling the ARDMS books.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

cd503 in miami, Florida

55 months ago

Hello everyone,
Is anyone selling material that helped you pass the RCS exam for CCI? If anyone knows of an easy to understand review book, or general text book that you can recommend? I need all the help I can get coming from a non accredited program, which Im extremely disappointed on what was taught and the fact that they sold the program as an accredited one..... :( Please HELP

Thanks....

55 months ago

cd503 in miami, Florida said: Hello everyone,
Is anyone selling material that helped you pass the RCS exam for CCI? If anyone knows of an easy to understand review book, or general text book that you can recommend? I need all the help I can get coming from a non accredited program, which Im extremely disappointed on what was taught and the fact that they sold the program as an accredited one..... :( Please HELP

Thanks....

email me at aifos1979@hotmail.com

55 months ago

cd503 in miami, Florida said: Hello everyone,

Thanks....

Hi

hey i have another email add ok
my new email add is salmak_2007@hotmail.com

Don Harris in Gilbert, Arizona

55 months ago

mtdt in Jackson, Tennessee said: Thank you for the answer Lynette. I'm pretty sure my RVT will get me out of the cardiovascular science exam but I do need study info for the echo portion.

I am in the process of putting the final touches on a cardio echo software CBT(Echo Registry Exam Prep. Interested??

Mia_Mama in Jacksonville, Florida

55 months ago

Hey guys, I just took the CCI RCS exam this morning for the first time and passed it. I studied the ESP Physics and Adult echo books and then the xzone to top it off. I don't know how I pulled it off but I did. I wish everyone good luck specially to those who are taking the test soon...

55 months ago

Mia congratulations. Its quite a merit. Do you remember any questions or types of questions on the test ?

Marck in Hollywood, Florida

55 months ago

I just received the Wes todd Book. its bigger than the yellow pages....
It will take me 6 month to get throught it.
Im getting frustrated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55 months ago

Mia_Mama in Jacksonville, Florida said: Hey guys, I just took the CCI RCS exam this morning for the first time and passed it. I studied the ESP Physics and Adult echo books and then the xzone to top it off. I don't know how I pulled it off but I did. I wish everyone good luck specially to those who are taking the test soon...

Mia I need your books. how much you selling them for ?

55 months ago

Marck, those books are reserve to my co worker who is also scheduled to take the test. I apologize...

Psychobilly999

55 months ago

So I hear conflicting study ideas, some say Terry Reynolds and others say ESP and xzone. Which is better? I am taking the RCS exam in April and need some extra help!! Also if anyone in the NY/NJ area are tutoring, please let me know!! I am more than happy to pay!!

Psychobilly999 in Jersey City, New Jersey

55 months ago

No I passed the cvs exam, that was the easy test, the non invasive echo registry is the hard test, which I have not yet taken! I can tutor anyone to pass the science exam!!

Claudia in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

Mia_Mama in Jacksonville, Florida said: Marck, those books are reserve to my co worker who is also scheduled to take the test. I apologize...

Mia, can you give some inputs on the type of questions asked in the Echo registry? Are they entirely based on the guidelines given on the CCI website? How many questions in total? Anything that stood out, which you had not prepared? I am planning to take the Echo registry [RCS] in April. Thanks.

Megan,RCS in Chicago, Illinois

55 months ago

Renee-
Would you be willing to sell the practice echo and physics questions from the ardms site?

55 months ago

SALMA K in Houston, Texas said:

Hey Salma, how much for the books ?

55 months ago

Claudia in Houston, Texas said: Mia, can you give some inputs on the type of questions asked in the Echo registry? Are they entirely based on the guidelines given on the CCI website? How many questions in total? Anything that stood out, which you had not prepared? I am planning to take the Echo registry [RCS] in April. Thanks.

There are a total of 140 questions, some of them (maybe 20)are unscored. The review materials that I used were the ones I got from ESP conference that I attended back in Oct 09. I have access to xzone and I purchased the quizcards too... Pretty much I only needed those ESP review materials to pass. I would not say the questions on the test are exactly word for word as the quizcards of the practice test on the books but after knowing and understanding the book (Adult Echo)from front to back will lead you to the right answers. What got me really bad was the physics questions. I didn't do so well on it but I was able to pull my score up w/ other categories.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

can u tell me what kind of book are you looking for?
email me at salmak_2007@ hotmail. com

55 months ago

I have put together a DVD that include the 500 echo question and 500 Physic question for ARDMS. If you would like to review the physic material I have a temporary website with a power point based on the exam. www.hdcstudies.dyndns.info/index.htm

felipe in Crockett, Texas

55 months ago

im planing to take my echo test in jun... im still in school im little confiused about the registry and what type i need to study or take.... also for don harris, im a visual learner so i would love to study with dvd.. i went to the site u posted but is not working...

anyone can email me at ziccoh@yahoo dot com

i need help im scare.....lol

55 months ago

Please try this address. Maybe I miss-typed
www.hdcstudies.dyndns.info/index.htm
click on the Academia link on the left.
It is a temp site and I am still working the bugs out of the server

Lynette in Spokane, Washington

55 months ago

no good

Sorry, we can't find "www.hdcstudies.dyndns.info". We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or search above.

Christine Hotard in Missouri City, Texas

55 months ago

sheena in Parsippany, New Jersey said: I am a vascular tech, i took the cci vascular and cardiovascular science exams and passed with scores of 760ish on vascular and 809 on cardiovascular science. The main book i used was wes todds cardiovascular science review book and its definately all i needed. i have the eddlemans cardiovascular science book, which surprisingly didnt help much at all, his books were great for vascular though. The ocean ultrasound review cards were helpful for studying on the run. I want to get my RCS next, i am going to shadow the echo techs at work but i am looking for a book that teaches all. do any of you reccomend a specific book that i should purchase that explains all aspects of echo? not so much a review book, but an actual learning book. please email me at spallay@yahoo.com

Hi Sheena,
First of all, Congrats on passing those test!! I just passed the basic Science for the CCI exam. I am applying for the vascular CCI exam and would like to know what sudy material to use. They have so much stuff out there for review, but it looks like people are studying the wrong info for the CCI exams. I know all the info is important, but right now, I just want to get registered. I have been doing ultrasound for over 16yrs and I'm fearful of exams. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Rosalie in New York, New York

55 months ago

I am scheduled to take the echo portion of he CCI for the 3rd time next week. I just started the xzone from esp and I have to say, it seems very good , alot of things that were on both exams i have found. I am seeing the mistakes i have been making. I failed by a couple of points both times, which makes it that much worse. I have over 5 years experience,which helps a little but not enough to pass. I hope this will be the lucky one that i finally pass so i can be registered.

55 months ago

Renee Didier, Thibodaux, LA in Edmond, Oklahoma said: I found that the x-zone is what helped me the most.

How was the test today??

55 months ago

Renee Didier in Alexandria, Louisiana said: I did the practice exam online for 15 days. That is the longest session that you can choose. I hope that it helps you! :)

I signed up for the xzone echo as you suggested, it is really good. Thanks for the advice. I take my test next week..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

salmak in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

hi, i wanted to ask you what type of questions you had last time
for CCI echo part? were there lots of pictures and pathology questions?

55 months ago

Well there were some pictures horrible quality . The questions varied on both exams, first one more physics, and other modalities . the second had more echo questions but the choice of answers are so confusing cause there can be more then one correct, but you have to choose the best one... I am studying now again but this time also using the ESp xzone echo. It is really good study material cause they simulate the test by showing you other possible answers but the one they are looking for on the test.
I am just really hoping to pass this time... If I do i will gladly give away all my study materials :)

Renee Didier in Thibodaux, Louisiana

55 months ago

Rosalie in New York, New York said: I signed up for the xzone echo as you suggested, it is really good. Thanks for the advice. I take my test next week..

No problem, I'm glad it helped! Good Luck Rosalie! I know you can do it!!!!!!! :) Let me know how it goes :)

55 months ago

Claudia in Houston, Texas said: Hi Renee, I will be taking my Echo registry in April and I do have access to the X=zone Echo. However, I want to know how many questions are echo based and how many are physics. Can you give me an overview of how the test was? That would really help me prepare for my echo registry.

The exam is mostly echo. I had maybe 10-12 physics questions.....however I studied physics hard because I wanted every point that I could get. The exam has poor quality echo clips, a nuclear scan, ct scan, and some off the wall things that you cannot study for. A tip....mostly what they want you to be able to identify is the descending aorta. Also know your walls and what artery feeds them. I had a couple of questions PLAX and PSAX with and arrow pointing to a wall segement and asking what artery feeds it. Of course def. study M-Mode and be able to identify diseases. Remember...never call prolapse in A4 only in PLAX!!!! Good luck...let me know how it goes! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Renee did you study the physic section much, Cause i just purchased the echo and not the physics.

55 months ago

Rosalie in New York, New York said: Renee did you study the physic section much, Cause i just purchased the echo and not the physics.

I purchased the x-zone physics for 5 days. I only had about 10-12 physics questions on my exam, but of course you want all the points that you can get!

Pam in Salem, Oregon

55 months ago

I purchased the x-zone echo for 15 and physics for 5. However it's good to read physics from textbook, not just x-zone. They don't really explain why the answers are correct, but I still think it's good because I'm guessing you learn what type of questions to expect on the test. I'm taking my CCI echo registry later today! Wish me luck! It's my first time, but I'm hopeful! :)

55 months ago

Click on the link below

www.mricenter.com/images/cardiac.jpg

That looks like the image that I got on my exam and what it is asking is to identify which is the descending AO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Mia_Mama in Jacksonville, Florida said: Click on the link below

www.mricenter.com/images/cardiac.jpg

That looks like the image that I got on my exam and what it is asking is to identify which is the descending AO.

I had that image on both my exams pointing to the DA and asking what it was

55 months ago

Pam in Salem, Oregon said: I purchased the x-zone echo for 15 and physics for 5. However it's good to read physics from textbook, not just x-zone. They don't really explain why the answers are correct, but I still think it's good because I'm guessing you learn what type of questions to expect on the test. I'm taking my CCI echo registry later today! Wish me luck! It's my first time, but I'm hopeful! :)

Best of luck!!!

Pam in Salem, Oregon

55 months ago

Thanks Rosalie!

Pam in Salem, Oregon

55 months ago

Well.....I just PASSED the Noninvasive Cardiac!! Unfortunately, didn't have a lot of X-zone questions on the test. It helped I'm sure, but glad I studied from other sources too!

55 months ago

Pam in Salem, Oregon said: Well.....I just PASSED the Noninvasive Cardiac!! Unfortunately, didn't have a lot of X-zone questions on the test. It helped I'm sure, but glad I studied from other sources too!

Congrats!!!! do you remember what types of questions there were

Pam in Salem, Oregon

55 months ago

Yes....lots of questions about aortic dissection, physics questions seemed like they went on forever, LOL, and quite a few images, some were really hard to see. Lots of instrumentation questions.....Like when to increase gain and TGC. One image that showed Toursades de pointes. Didn't expect that one.....Glad it's over!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Pam in Salem, Oregon said: Yes....lots of questions about aortic dissection, physics questions seemed like they went on forever, LOL, and quite a few images, some were really hard to see. Lots of instrumentation questions.....Like when to increase gain and TGC. One image that showed Toursades de pointes. Didn't expect that one.....Glad it's over!

I think I had that test before...lol I remember those questions... Well Congrats again now its time to celebrate!!!

Pam in Salem, Oregon

55 months ago

Oh yeah! It's funny, I've been performing Echocardiography since 1994 but now I feel like I"m "legal". LOL!

55 months ago

Pam in Salem, Oregon said: Oh yeah! It's funny, I've been performing Echocardiography since 1994 but now I feel like I"m "legal". LOL!

It must be a great feeling...cant wait to be legal too...

Pam in Salem, Oregon

55 months ago

It is....but now I want to test for RCDS. All of my coworkers are registered through ARDMS and even though I don't have to, I would like to.

Pam in Salem, Oregon

55 months ago

Pam in Salem, Oregon said: It is....but now I want to test for RCDS. All of my coworkers are registered through ARDMS and even though I don't have to, I would like to.

I mean RCDS.....oops.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pam in Salem, Oregon

55 months ago

RDCS.....brain ---- :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.