HAVE THE ARDMS LICENSE WITHOUT TRADE SCHOOL!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

mary in Anaheim, California

20 months ago

I am a high school graduate and will obtain my bachelor in one more year.

Can anyone tell me how to qualify and how to apply to take the SPI exam and ARDMS exam?

I have taken general physic at cal state fullerton. But, I have not go into any trade college for ultrasound to get my certificate due to so many scams nowsaday. I am so confused by many people telling me that trade schools scam many graduate students with a big debt.

So I wonder if I can take the SPI test first. Then, I might volunteer for a year in a clinic or hospital to get some experiences about ultrasound. If I have a year experience, am I qualified to take the ARDMS exam to be a licensed tech?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

california girl1 in San Francisco, California

20 months ago

the physics ARDMS exams tests specifically on ultrasound physics, not what you learned in general physics. the physics you have taken provides the foundation to go much beyond that.

without formal accredited education you will never be able to become a licensed tech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roger in San Francisco, California

20 months ago

You can take the SPI after you've taken an ultrasound physics course, which is anytime.

But you can only sit for special registries if you have met the training, which is 2yrs of ultrasound training.

You cant volunteer for a year as that will not count for anything. Only way is to actually be hired and trained on the job for a year or 2 I believe.

But the easiest way to know what to do and sit for the registries is to go to ARDMS.org and look at the requirements for any test.

spmon74 in Hayward, California

19 months ago

Has anyone taken the updated physics exam? I have been scanning for years and I am just now taking my physics exam. I am nervous because the exam has been updated. I was wonder if anyone has taken it and if it is harder or easier?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SamanthaR in Menifee, California

18 months ago

spmon74 in Hayward, California said: Has anyone taken the updated physics exam? I have been scanning for years and I am just now taking my physics exam. I am nervous because the exam has been updated. I was wonder if anyone has taken it and if it is harder or easier?

I'm wondering the same thing and so far know one has posted anything :( any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.