Healthcare Training Institute Union NJ

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 75)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Jen in Parlin, New Jersey

81 months ago

Has anyone went to this school or know anything about this school in NJ? I am going to this school in September but I am reading that the school has to be accredited. It says they are accredited by the State of New Jersey, accreditated by the A.C.C.S.C.T (Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology) and approved by the United States Department of Education. Does anyone know if this is good?? Thank you Jen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

O by the way the school I am going to is Healthcare Training Institute Union NJ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Middletown, New York

81 months ago

Hi Jennifer from Parlin. My name is Amanda Lee Countryman & I am doing a sibling search for my birth sister, Jennifer Lyn. She was born in Kingston,NY. I believe her last name was Countryman before her mom moved to Parlin,NJ & married.
I never met my sister & I do not know if she knows about me. We are both adults now & neither of us had a relationship with our birth dad, Gary W. Countryman who died 9/12/2006.
If you are Jennifer Lyn, please contact me. I now live in Wurtsboro,NY or email monetsgarden@frontiernet.net, that's my mom's email.She has been helping me search for you for a very long time.
Just so you know I am a good person & will respect your wishes, but would love to meet you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jen

81 months ago

Hi Amanda,

No I am not the person you are looking for but my name is Jennifer Lynn Camporeale. LOL I hope you find that person you are looking for and wish you luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

michele in Saddle River, New Jersey

81 months ago

Jen in Parlin, New Jersey said: Has anyone went to this school or know anything about this school in NJ? I am going to this school in September but I am reading that the school has to be accredited. It says they are accredited by the State of New Jersey, accreditated by the A.C.C.S.C.T (Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology) and approved by the United States Department of Education. Does anyone know if this is good?? Thank you Jen

The school should be CAAHEP accredited, the school you mention is not a CAAHEP accredited school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Middletown, New York

81 months ago

Hi again. Thank you for letting me know you're not her. Good luck with the school thing & if you happen to know any Jennifers about 26 y.o. now -that live near you, please ask around.Thanks again.

rtr in Dumont, New Jersey

80 months ago

Hi Jen. I would back out before you spend and waste your money. It is not the same as CAAHEP. You will have a tougher time having to be eligible for the ARDMS or ARRT registry test. Hospitals and clinics only hire graduates from accredited CAAHEP ultrasound schools.

Jen

80 months ago

rtr in Dumont, New Jersey"]Hi Jen. I would back out before you spend and waste your money. It is not the same as CAAHEP. You will have a tougher time having to be eligible for the ARDMS or ARRT registry test. Hospitals and clinics only hire graduates from accredited CAAHEP ultrasound school

Yea but I heard from the school i am going to that i only have to take the ardms test if I go for vascular ultrasound. I talk to the school and they are accredited. They said it's the same as the A.C.C.S.C.T (Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology) They credit schools also. I am not sure what to think I hear so many things and I called a hospital and they said as long as you school is accredited it's fine.

lutie in New York, New York

80 months ago

Hi Jen,
The school is lying to you. Sonographers need to be registered by the ARDMS- it is the industry standard. If you go to this school, you will have to work for 1 year before getting registered, which is impossible because no one will hire you without the ARDMS exams. Back out whilst you can.

80 months ago

Jen said: rtr in Dumont, New Jersey"]Hi Jen. I would back out before you spend and waste your money. It is not the same as CAAHEP. You will have a tougher time having to be eligible for the ARDMS or ARRT registry test. Hospitals and clinics only hire graduates from accredited CAAHEP ultrasound school

Yea but I heard from the school i am going to that i only have to take the ardms test if I go for vascular ultrasound. I talk to the school and they are accredited. They said it's the same as the A.C.C.S.C.T (Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology) They credit schools also. I am not sure what to think I hear so many things and I called a hospital and they said as long as you school is accredited it's fine.

Omg, Jen I hope you read this and you back out NOW! As a technologist and friends with Sonographers, THEY ARE LYING TO YOU TO THE TEETH. How would I profit from this, I am just telling you the truth and helping you! Whoever spoke with you in the hospital, he/she forgot to mention the school must be accredited by the CAAHEP but he/she thought your school is accredited by the CAAHEP but not the other one. Hospitals around NJ or Ny or even anywhere else do not take graduates seriously if you graduate from some school not accredited by CAAHEP. It's already hard enough to find a job but to give you more stress that you can't even find externship or be eligible for the ARDMS is even more heartache!

There are good schools in NJ that are accredited though by CAAHEP. I don't know where you live or how close Parlin, NJ is to your place but I can refer you to some schools that I know at least are accredited and good. I have to warn you that they are very competitive so your qualifications have to be top notch and you have to take classes before you even qualify. Yeah they take very few students but is it better if they take 50 students per year and glut the market to the point you can't find a job? You will be able to take

80 months ago

the ARDMS registry and/or the ARRT registry after the program is over due to your large amount of clinical hours in hospitals during the program. Again, they don't guarantee you like any other school that you will pass the registry but the schools I will refer to you have a very good reputation of producing outstanding sonographers and are impressed by other sonographers who I spoke of.

I refer Bergen Community College's Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program in Paramus, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey: School of Health Related Professions in Scotch Plains, and Muhlenberg School's Sonography Progam in Trenton. They are a lot cheaper I guarantee you form the school you are going especially BCC. No I don't work for those schools but I did go to BCC not for ultrasound but for something else but I know the reputation in that program.

80 months ago

Hello I just wanted to thank eveyone for their feedback. It really helped me on my decision for going to Healthcare training Institute. I am NOT GOING!!! They are not CAAHEP accredited and I thank everyone for the input. I am going to go to Sanford Brown which is CAAHEP accredited.

Thanks again
Jennifer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Leslie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

Jen in Parlin, New Jersey said: O by the way the school I am going to is Healthcare Training Institute Union NJ

Hi Jen, One of the girls I work with just graduated from that school. The school's accrediation is fine, she works at one of the top hospitals in PA. I as well will be attending this fall.
Leslie

80 months ago

Sorry Jen, I forgot to mention the schools name which is Healthcare Training Institute in Union NJ

Natasha

80 months ago

Im attending Medical Technology Institute for Ultrasound. They have told me that they are in the process of becoming an accredited program. Its not CAAHP but I think its ABBS? But in the long run is this going to affect me in applying for a job in the hospital even though i have to work for a year to take my registry? Im already enrolled into this program and I have a year left? Im not sure what to do

Lesli in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

Natasha said: Im attending Medical Technology Institute for Ultrasound. They have told me that they are in the process of becoming an accredited program. Its not CAAHP but I think its ABBS? But in the long run is this going to affect me in applying for a job in the hospital even though i have to work for a year to take my registry? Im already enrolled into this program and I have a year left? Im not sure what to do

Natasha, I have not researched ABBS accrediation so I really dont know. To be honest what I do know is most if not all jobs want you to graduate from an accrediated program so this may harm you...I dont know if "in the process of becoming accrediated" will work. To find all the research that I needed I went to websites like CAAHP.com or the ARDMS website and sent them an email. Contact them and see what they say...This information is not to discourage you, because life is hard and to get a good education cant do nothing but help you in the long run, so make sure you stick with your program but also do your research

Erica U in Orange, New Jersey

78 months ago

Jen in Parlin, New Jersey said: Hello I just wanted to thank eveyone for their feedback. It really helped me on my decision for going to Healthcare training Institute. I am NOT GOING!!! They are not CAAHEP accredited and I thank everyone for the input. I am going to go to Sanford Brown which is CAAHEP accredited.

Thanks again
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,
I was actually going to the same school in Union. I was very excited about it and couldn't wait to get started. That was until I was told I had to take out a $12,000 loan because I couldn't get financial aid from the state. Also, they are not CAAHEP accredited which may not be a problem for some, but for me it is. I am not a young student fresh out of high school or a twenty something. I have 3 children at home which I homeschool and once I get out of school, I want to have the opportunity to work either part time or per diem. If I choose to go to an unaccredited school, it would take me years to become registered because I'll only be able to get part time or per diem work without ARDMS credentials. I don't have that kind of time and I'm not getting any younger. I have decided to apply to Bergen Community College which is much less expensive and in the end, I'll have an associates degree. Like the other poster said, you should look elsewhere. Healthcare Training would have been perfect for me. All evening classes, only 20 minutes from home, but I cannot take the chance with my time like that. I'd rather go to school longer, sit for the exam right away, and choose the type of work I do with regards to full or part time. I think you made the right decision not to attend that school. Good luck either way.

78 months ago

Erica U in Orange, New Jersey said: Hi Jennifer,
I was actually going to the same school in Union. I was very excited about it and couldn't wait to get started. That was until I was told I had to take out a $12,000 loan because I couldn't get financial aid from the state. Also, they are not CAAHEP accredited which may not be a problem for some, but for me it is. I am not a young student fresh out of high school or a twenty something. I have 3 children at home which I homeschool and once I get out of school, I want to have the opportunity to work either part time or per diem. If I choose to go to an unaccredited school, it would take me years to become registered because I'll only be able to get part time or per diem work without ARDMS credentials. I don't have that kind of time and I'm not getting any younger. I have decided to apply to Bergen Community College which is much less expensive and in the end, I'll have an associates degree. Like the other poster said, you should look elsewhere. Healthcare Training would have been perfect for me. All evening classes, only 20 minutes from home, but I cannot take the chance with my time like that. I'd rather go to school longer, sit for the exam right away, and choose the type of work I do with regards to full or part time. I think you made the right decision not to attend that school. Good luck either way.

Hi Erica,

Yea the same here I am not fresh out of high school either and I want to start right away once I finish school. I am going to Sanford Brown Insitute in Iselin which is more exspensive but it includes vascular and it is CAAHEP accredited. With the Health Care Training Institute I would have had to wait a year after to take the state exam and with Sanford Brown I can take it right away. I also have credits from Middlesex County College and only twenty away from Associate's!! Good Luck with you also Muhlenberg College in Union has the same program ya know and you get your Associates

MIMI7 in JERSEY CITY, New Jersey

77 months ago

Jen in Parlin, New Jersey said: Has anyone went to this school or know anything about this school in NJ? I am going to this school in September but I am reading that the school has to be accredited. It says they are accredited by the State of New Jersey, accreditated by the A.C.C.S.C.T (Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology) and approved by the United States Department of Education. Does anyone know if this is good?? Thank you Jen

HELLO JEN...HOW ARE YOU?? I DID MY HOMEWORK AND RESERCH ON MANY DIFFERENT SCHOOLS....HEALTH CARE TRAINING INSTITUTE IS ACCREDITED BY ACCSCT WHICH IS A ACCREDIATION THAT IS RECOGNIZED BY THE US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION(USDOE)...IF YOU GO TO THE ARDMS WEBSITE THE 2ND PREREQUESITE STATES THE FOLLOWING:

Prerequisite
2 Graduate of a program accredited by an agency recognized by the Council
for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), United States Department of
Education (USDOE) or Canadian Medical Association (CMA), that specifically
conducts programmatic accreditation for diagnostic medical sonography/
diagnostic cardiac sonography/vascular technology.

THEREFORE IF YOU WERE TO ATTEND HEALTH CAREER TRAINING INSTITUTE YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO SIT FOR THE ARDMS AFTER GRADUATION..

ano in New York, New York

77 months ago

MIMI7 in JERSEY CITY, New Jersey said:

The school is accredited not the program. In order to be able to sit for ARDMS immediately the program must be accredited (they are 2 different things)

77 months ago

ano in New York, New York said:

OK, SO THE PROGRAM MUST BE ACCREDITED....HOW DO U DETERMINE IF THE PROGRAM IS ACCREDITED OR NOT?

77 months ago

The school is accrediated, but the only issue I had was that you have to work one year after graduation than you can take the test to become registered. I myself was going to go there, but because i had to wait a year before taking the test, i changed my mind

77 months ago

Leslie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: The school is accrediated, but the only issue I had was that you have to work one year after graduation than you can take the test to become registered. I myself was going to go there, but because i had to wait a year before taking the test, i changed my mind

OH OK I SEE...THE REASON WHY IS BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS NOT ACCREDITED, BUT THE SCHOOL IS...SO YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR 1 YEAR AFTER YOU GRADUATE IN ORDER TO SIT FOR THE ARDMS TST AND NO COMPANY WILL HIRE YOU WITHOUT BEING REGISTERED.

77 months ago

MIMI7 in JERSEY CITY, New Jersey said: OK, SO THE PROGRAM MUST BE ACCREDITED....HOW DO U DETERMINE IF THE PROGRAM IS ACCREDITED OR NOT?

I have not found a course in the NY?NJ area that is program accredited and not on the CAAHEP website. Basically if they are accredited they advertise that fact. It is very important. I only realised after I started. It is best to get your pre-reqs and go to a good college

77 months ago

ano in New York, New York said: I have not found a course in the NY?NJ area that is program accredited and not on the CAAHEP website. Basically if they are accredited they advertise that fact. It is very important. I only realised after I started. It is best to get your pre-reqs and go to a good college

SANFORD BROWN INSTITUTE IN ISELIN NJ IS CAAHEP ACCREDITED..NOT JUST THE SCHOOL , BUT THE PROGRAM IS ACCREDITED....

77 months ago

MIMI7 in JERSEY CITY, New Jersey said: SANFORD BROWN INSTITUTE IN ISELIN NJ IS CAAHEP ACCREDITED..NOT JUST THE SCHOOL , BUT THE PROGRAM IS ACCREDITED....

yes as I said I could not find any place who was program accredited and not on the CAAHEP website.
I do not mean to be rude but please do not use capitals on any forum- It means you are shouting and is not polite

leslie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

after Healthcare training institute graduation, you can get a job, but the clause is that within one year of graduation you sit for your test. Meaning you can get hired by jobs but you have to take the test within one year or you loose your job. I was going to go to the school but i am the type of person that i have to take a test asap not wait a year, and then it was so far away from me and the rising gas prices made it even more difficult

77 months ago

MIMI7 in JERSEY CITY, New Jersey said: SANFORD BROWN INSTITUTE IN ISELIN NJ IS CAAHEP ACCREDITED..NOT JUST THE SCHOOL , BUT THE PROGRAM IS ACCREDITED....

I advise you to be very careful with sanford brown, they are known for riping students off. and your externship is not guarnteed, so be careful

77 months ago

leslie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I advise you to be very careful with sanford brown, they are known for riping students off. and your externship is not guarnteed, so be careful

Hello are you referring to all Sanford Browns or specifically the one in Iselin.

77 months ago

ano in New York, New York said: yes as I said I could not find any place who was program accredited and not on the CAAHEP website.
I do not mean to be rude but please do not use capitals on any forum- It means you are shouting and is not polite

Ok sorry for using caps...SUNY in Downtown Brooklyn is CAAHEP accredited. The ultrasound program is accredited.

77 months ago

leslie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: after Healthcare training institute graduation, you can get a job, but the clause is that within one year of graduation you sit for your test. Meaning you can get hired by jobs but you have to take the test within one year or you loose your job. I was going to go to the school but i am the type of person that i have to take a test asap not wait a year, and then it was so far away from me and the rising gas prices made it even more difficult

But, many people say if you go to a school that is not accredited by CAAHEP and you arenot registered by ARDMS, you will not be able to find a job. I am the same way I would rather take the test when all the theory is still fresh in my mind.

77 months ago

actually they all have a bad reputation, especially the one by me in trevose, pa. whatever you do, dont let them talk you into taking the medical assistant program first. that is a way of getting more money out of you. i am not telling you all this to discourage you but only to inform you. just be careful and make wise decisions

77 months ago

Listen guys. you can go on the Caahep website, and go under accrediated programs, pick your state and there you will find a list of schools. That should help alot more

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Then what i did, is what you should do. Go on Hotjobs.com. Or different hospital websites and look at what they require. Some say no experience required, but you must be able to take the test within one year of hire

77 months ago

leslie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: actually they all have a bad reputation, especially the one by me in trevose, pa. whatever you do, dont let them talk you into taking the medical assistant program first. that is a way of getting more money out of you. i am not telling you all this to discourage you but only to inform you. just be careful and make wise decisions

Ok, thank you Leslie for the advice. I will not let them talk me into that.

77 months ago

you are always welcome. We have to stick together. we all want to further our education.

77 months ago

leslie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: you are always welcome. We have to stick together. we all want to further our education.

what school did you end up going to?

77 months ago

Actually I am doing the rn thing first and will be done june of 09. Then I will do ultrasound at Glouster county college.

77 months ago

When I was checking on Healthcare training institute, My research was taking a bit long so I had to switch my plans around a little. I do not have money to waste. Im trying to make money not waste it

77 months ago

oh ok cool..good luck..what school are you attending for RN?

77 months ago

leslie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: When I was checking on Healthcare training institute, My research was taking a bit long so I had to switch my plans around a little. I do not have money to waste. Im trying to make money not waste it

yeah i don't blame you...same here. i am trying to make the best and right decisions.

77 months ago

Temple...So what are you going to do about this school situation

77 months ago

I'm not sure, but I know for sure I want to go into the Diagnostic Medical field. I think I might look into Sanford Brown in Iselin a little bit more as well as some other schools. It's hard becsuse the few other schools that are accredited have a waiting list and requirements to get into the program.

77 months ago

check local colleges and universities as well. It may take a little longer to graduate, but you will go into a job above entry level.

77 months ago

leslie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: check local colleges and universities as well. It may take a little longer to graduate, but you will go into a job above entry level.

k..i will do that.. thank you..

lauren in Staten Island, New York

70 months ago

Jen, is this school in Union NJ? I am looking to begin classes this March (March 9th, 2009)Do you attend this school, healthcare training inst? I just want to make sure that its a good school and I will be able to find placement once I finish the ultrasound program. thanks lauren

70 months ago

Does anyone have any information about the Healthcare Training Inst. in Union NJ? I am looking into starting classes this March 9th but want to make sure thats the best school for me.

Jennifer in Sayreville, New Jersey

70 months ago

lauren in Staten Island, New York said: Does anyone have any information about the Healthcare Training Inst. in Union NJ? I am looking into starting classes this March 9th but want to make sure thats the best school for me.

Hi Lauren I applied there also and I did a lot of research, and I am now going to Sanford Brown in Iselin NJ bc it's an Accredited school by CAAHEP where you can take the ARMDS Test right after school. I am pretty sure if you go to Healthcare Training Institute you will have to wait a year to take the test. Just do a little research before you make a decision. If you have any other questions just ask!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Thanks Jen,
Do you like Sanford Brown? I haven't heard too many good things about them??? I have a BS so I was excited about taking the one year ultrasound program at Healthcare Training Inst... I really want to start working as soon as possible, I know I have to work for a year before taking the ARDMS exam but I figured that I would have more hands on experience and a better knowledge of the field before taking the exam. Right now I am just so confused and I am not sure what to do? I have done a bunch of research on the Healthcare Training Inst. and I think they are a reputable school? At least I am hoping they are! This is all so crazy, I didn't think going back to school would be such a headache! Thank you so much for your help and advice!

Paul in Austin, Texas

70 months ago

Lauren, if you don't already have a bachelor's degree then I predict nothing but misery for you if you attend a non-accredited ultrasound program. I sincerely hope you've done your research.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.