IAMP vs Keiser in South Florida

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 108)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Lisa in Boca Raton, Florida

60 months ago

Current Student in Boca Raton, Florida said: OK, tomorrow at 12-30. In case I will be late, tell to the secretary that you came to meet a student.

Sounds good, yes we should all meet up and see if IAMP has a good LPN program, I got there information off the state board of nursinf for fl however I didn't find any pass rates because it s a new program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sharon11 in Coconut Creek, Florida

60 months ago

OK, that was wierd. I drive up to meet these 2. Can't find either. Ask the receptionist. She looks at me like I'm crazy. She goes in back and tries to get me to sign a sheet and go meet with someone, which I didn't do. Hang out for a while. Still no sign of anyone. Finally get home to make sure I had right time. I go back a few pages on here, and it all starts making sense. These aren't real students. Wish I read that stuff first. I got played. Feel kinda stupid. Glad I figured this out before it went any further. Got a really bad vibe from the place. Kinda like a sleazy used car dealer. Would never go back in there. I'm actually glad this happened.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Current Student in Boca Raton, Florida

60 months ago

We agreed to meet at 12-30 and I was waiting until 12-45, sorry couldn't wait longer. I left campus kind disappointed too - I tried to help, moved all my plans for nothing - nobody shown up. But that's OK, it could be traffic or any other reason to be late.
The funny story is that at some point I had the same filling - set up for a fake appointment. I always try to believe to people so I will continue to believe that something unpredictable has happened.

Annonymous Student in Delray Beach, Florida

60 months ago

Wow, that is awesome....thanks. I really appreciate your expertise; its obvious you've been forced to brush-up on important information. I will start looking things up as well so that I have the tools I need to protect myself. So sad that they force us to do these things. I still have hope that change will follow soon :D

Kristi current student in Delray Beach in Boca Raton, Florida

60 months ago

ctsailor said: Sounds like Ms. V is losing it.

Sounds like RB has lost it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

veronica in Manchester, Tennessee

60 months ago

no im not losing it.... i just want the 411 on it! lol i have researched. so can you go and strictly be an abdominal sonographer or does it range??

Illianna in delray beach

60 months ago

" I have learned that a man/woman has the right to look down on somebody only when he/she is helping him get up" I read this quote and it reminded me of Ms. Vidal. Her intentions at IAMP are to help every student get to where they need to be and everyone i know that attends IAMP in Delray with me wouldn't be able to accomplish all we have without Ms.Vidal.And if you feel the need to go on this website and bash her, clearly you chose not to get the help she was offering and that is simply your own fault. This website is to compare the ultrasound program at Keiser vs IAMP, not to write comments about IAMP staff because YOU had a bad experience there. So I will do as I'm supposed to...I believe the ultrasound program at IAMP is a much better program than the ultrasound at Keiser.You can sit for 2 registries in IAMP and in Keisers you can only sit for one yet Keisers more money than IAMP. I recieve one on one tutoring from teachers and Ms. Vidal, the director of IAMP makes sure she always has her door open for students in need and I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I have had to walk though that door. At Keiser I am just another face but at IAMP, from Nadia to Ms. Vidal, they all know me by name and not to mention the classes are all hands on and I love what I do everyday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Illianna, I am glad to hear that you are having a positive experience; however, that is not the experience of most of the students I have spoke with; which are many. There is no bashing going on, only stating the facts. My apologies to you if you have taken offense, it was not intended as such. The intent is in hopes to improve some severe problems that perhaps you personally haven't encountered which is fantastic for you, but for the majority of the students that have made the decision to express their experiences with the lack of organization that we all witness on a daily basis; and experienced the threats they speak about (funny how so many have the same stories)is a serious matter... Yes I agree that their doors are open, but when they close the door behind you is when the threats begin; do you think they are going to openly make threats out in the open? Clearly you now have chosen to attack me personally, what a shame; and who said she ever offered me any help? My remarks are based on an overwhelming amount of confessions from many students and based on my own personal witnessed accounts. I believe I did mention that out of limited schools available, IAMP is the best one and am for the most part pleased with my instructors; however....I strongly advise those that enroll stay clear of the threatening people. When any school has such disorganization just look to the top and you will find the problem. Again, I am glad that you have had such a great experience, sorry to say that many haven't been as lucky as you. My goal is the hope to somehow improve the status quo....

60 months ago

Pick another in Boca:
Thank you for your support. The reason I am posting is because there has been a lot of students that are talking, but are terrified of the retaliation from the Administration if they find-out. I had not a clue about this forum until things got so bad in school that I started looking for way to vent without the fear-factor. I am glad I found a way. I am convinced that Vidal reads these posts and can only hope that something positive comes-out of it. I too feel sorry for the new students, but they will soon enough learn what we've learned; that is if changes aren't made soon. I can only wish that one day when people find-out I graduated from IAMP they say, "Oh, what a great school." ....but for know, that reaction is not happening. How sad how the mismanagement of a few can cause such a bad taste in so many mouths. They have the Power to make the change, they just choose not to. We are there every week, lets see if anything positive happens; but for now, its just a sad, sad story to tell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Current Student in Lake Worth, Florida

60 months ago

Do all of you students not realize that youre blaming IAMP staff for your own failures? Because a student needs tutoring they shouldnt be allowed at IAMP? Are you kidding me? You all sound ignorant and thats why you couldnt hack it at IAMP. Nonetheless, youre all supposed to be college students, not middle school kids. If you want to bash people from IAMP staff...make your own blog on a different website and do so on your own time but people come to this website to figure out which school to go to and you all should be ashamed of yourselves to try to get rid of the most important person at IAMP. You all should look at how horrible IAMP did when Ms.Vidal wasn't there. And those will be facts not he said she said lies. I will tell you all one thing, Ms. Vidal has completely changed the whole school and no matter how much you students want her gone, she is untouchable because she is the best of the best so deal with it or attend another school. ENOUGH SAID! and grow up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Wow, current student in Lake Worth, appears you've taken this rather personal; but why? What do you have to gain I wonder? This forum started with which school is the better school. Without a doubt IAMP is a better school, but there isn't much to choose from. I find it important that any new students understand the pros and cons, and this administration is just a con....that you can sit for two boards (Abd and Echo) upon graduating is a definit Pro and is where I base my agreement that this is the better school. I don't know anything about Ms. Vidal nor this school in the past. I comment on my witnessed accounts in the present and on other student experiences. The organization in this school is a mess....and there is no way around that. I can only recommend that the Administration acknowledge their shortcomings and fix it....it is fixable you know? Hey, don't they expect us to fix our attitudes and our shortcomings as well? It's only fair that they set an example. As far as Vidal being untouchable, I know this....an employee already told me this information. So I know that unless someone in higher management, like Thomas Haggarty step up to the plate and obligate Vidal to make the proper changes, nothing will happen. However, I am not sure if the person that puts her on a silver platter is Mr. Haggarty...that is somthing I just don't know; I would like to think that he is an honest person. All I do know, is that I still have hope that she'll get it....she is part of this discussion and maybe she'll show us in the upcoming weeks that positive change is in the horizon. ...Oh, and you know something interesting I find in your communication Current Student from Lake Worth, how easily you anger. Calm down, we are just having adult conversation here, growing up should be left for those that cannot control their tempers. So please, calm down, it can be harmful to your health. You have an amazing day. Wishing you all the best.

IAMP is awful in Charlotte, North Carolina

60 months ago

Students do have rights. I have contacted the Florida Department of Education and threatening us students is not tolerated. [comment edited by forum moderator]

The only way hope for positive changes is to report IAMP to Department of Education who issues them a liscense to operate. The accrediting agencies can aslo be helpful

In Florida the complaints can be anonymous.
Students in florida should contact
www.fldoe.org/cie/
[Contact information has been removed by a forum moderator]

ABHES contact for students
www.abhes.org/content/show/63

CAAHEP should be made aware the substandard education you are receiving.
CAAHEP Executive Director

If IAMP is the best of the worst schools in your area then move or change majors.

What good is a substandard education going to be just because it is close to where you live?? You will really be crying when you cannot gain employment or retain the employment after you graduate from this grossly mismanaged school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

IAMP is awful in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Students do have rights. I have contacted the Florida Department of Education and threatening us students is not tolerated. [comment edited by forum moderator]

The only way hope for positive changes is to report IAMP to Department of Education who issues them a liscense to operate. The accrediting agencies can aslo be helpful

In Florida the complaints can be anonymous.
Students in florida should contact
www.fldoe.org/cie/

ABHES contact for students
www.abhes.org/content/show/63

CAAHEP should be made aware the substandard education you are receiving.
CAAHEP Executive Director

If IAMP is the best of the worst schools in your area then move or change majors.

What good is a substandard education going to be just because it is close to where you live?? You will really be crying when you cannot gain employment or retain the employment after you graduate from this grossly mismanaged school.

GREAT Information! Thank you so much....you'd think that making positive changes shouldn't be so hard. I will take your advice.
With much gratitude, and peace be with you All....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I am proud to report seeing a positive move to a positive change today in school. We are very appreciative. Hope it continues :D

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

60 months ago

Hello everyone,

This is a forum for people to discuss jobs, industries, companies and such. While we encourage the exchange of ideas and opinions, we ask that you refrain from sharing confidential information, making personal attacks as well as offensive comments. We also ask that you keep all comments on topic.

Please help us foster a professional and informative environment for all our users.

Indeed Admin

60 months ago

To Annonymous Student in Delray Beach

I am on clinical cites during the week. Could please tell me what has happened.

IAMP NEWS in Charlotte, North Carolina

60 months ago

The GA Department of Education came into the Atlanta IAMP campus this week.
Many big violations were found. Since the admin at Atlanta IAMP is the same as Delray IAMP the violations are probably the same.

Delray students should ask the Fla Department of Education about tuition reimburesment guidelines.

Say goodbye to the bullys in admin. We all know who they are. They are finally getting what they deserve. Unfortunately the students never received the education they paid for and deserved.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

maddad in Lake Worth, Florida

60 months ago

My daughter was fortunate enough to become disenchanted with IAMP and change schools!! She has now found that the night program she was attending did not receive it's accreditation while being assured they would. Glad I didn't spend any more $ with the frauds. Explain that Current Student in Boca (a/k/a Vidal)!!

60 months ago

To maddad in Lake Worth

I am not in the night program and I can't tell you about it.
But I am glad you found what makes you happy and good luck with a new school.

Anonymous in Delray Beach, Florida

60 months ago

I think what everyone here needs to realize is this field (Sonography) is unprofessional from top to bottom. If you are smart, professional, have a desire to achieve and to learn, sonography is not a field for you. My clinical experiences, from beginning to end, were all about trying to prove to my instructors that I wasn't TOO smart. I was told by Karen Vidal and Dr. Prasad, a number of times, that I needed to "dumb down" or I would intimidate the techs I was working with. So, I continued in clinical sites where the techs had no interest in teaching. Why would they? They get nothing from it and it just makes them less productive. I spent the better part of two years doing paperwork and answering phones. Very seldom did I touch a transducer! On top of this, there are no jobs in South Florida. We have a minimum of eight schools graduating 50-60 people a semester. That is hundreds new graduates in the work force along with many experienced techs looking for jobs all in this area. I have applied for positions that had hundreds of applicants. Not an even playing field for a new tech. MY advice: GO TO A PUBLIC UNIVERSITY AND GET YOUR DEGREE IN A DIFFERENT FIELD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

IAMP NEWS in Charlotte, North Carolina said: The GA Department of Education came into the Atlanta IAMP campus this week.
Many big violations were found. Since the admin at Atlanta IAMP is the same as Delray IAMP the violations are probably the same.

Delray students should ask the Fla Department of Education about tuition reimburesment guidelines.

Say goodbye to the bullys in admin. We all know who they are. They are finally getting what they deserve. Unfortunately the students never received the education they paid for and deserved.

Can you give me some more information about this. My email is wendy7968@yahoo.com Thanks

pick another in Boca Raton, Florida

60 months ago

Hey Anonymous student, so did you finish your clinical hours and graduate yet?

If you don't mind my asking, if it did, how long did it take you all together from beginning to end? how many and which sites did you attend?

60 months ago

You know, honestly, I don't wan't delray iamp to get closed down. I definitely would not have gone there had i known all that I know now, but im in deep, and so are a lot of other older students, and newer students. we would not get our tuition reimbursed, we'd lose that money.

lets hold onto the fact that no one can deny that the past few weeks, they have been a little better as far as the lab. Dr. Ephram is doing a good job at getting the lab organized and machines fixed. They hired another clinical coordinator to help Lynn. I can see, slowly but surely, they are making a change. Baby steps I guess. I give credit to the few changes in staff that have been made the past 2 months. New program director, new teachers, new admin staff. Lets see.

What happened to this profession in Pikesville, Maryland

60 months ago

TO ANONYMOUS regarding the Ultrasound profession being unprofessional from top to bottom.

Sonographers use to be the most highly respected people in Imaging Services. The "for profit schools" like IAMP and Sanford Brown have ruined this profession.
The for profit schools will take any student who can qualify for the loans. Then they hire new graduate instructors to teach these sub optimal students. The new graduate instructors, who often are misrepresented to the students as having 5 years of experience, have no professionalism themselves. Any new graduate who would teach has no conscience or morals. They just want the paycheck and aid in the lies these schools tell. At the end of the day it is the patients who are misdiagnosed and suffer from these schools with poor standards. I often wonder about the karma that these dispicable admin people will reap one day when they become ill themselves. The physicans no longer have faith in sonography due to these schools and the so called sonographers they produce. That is what happened to this once noble profession

60 months ago

I could not agree with you more. I really believe it is a South Florida/Florida problem in addition to the private schools. I come from Ann Arbor, Michigan. As I'm sure you know, the University of Michigan has a Bachelor's Degree program in sonography. I knew several people who went through that program and that is what sparked my interest. These friends of mine are extremely intelligent and highly respected by physicians. Alot of times, the docs comment that the sonographers know more and are better diagnosticians than they are. This is the environment I thought I was getting into down here. Could not be further from the truth. In our clinicals, we never even see a physician let alone be trained by one. That is a huge problem, because only the physicians would appreciate an intelligent student. The techs are threatened and intimidated and therefore, will not teach us anything. God forbid, we might take their job! The only thing I have to say is that I hope myself or my family members never need to have diagnostic testing done. I have seen first hand the quality out there and it is scary! Until these programs are run out of teaching hospitals, I don't see them improving....

60 months ago

pick another in Boca Raton, Florida said: Hey Anonymous student, so did you finish your clinical hours and graduate yet?

If you don't mind my asking, if it did, how long did it take you all together from beginning to end? how many and which sites did you attend?

Hi there. It took me almost three years, but that was because my father passed away in the middle of the second year. I had taken a few months off a couple of times. I have to say they always had a site for me, but the quality was horrible. Never touched a transducer in 3 out of 4 sites. The 4th site was good but very busy, so I had very little scanning time.

60 months ago

What happened? I heard Delray and Atlanta are ready to close their doors. Has anyone else heard that? I have been trying to figure out how to get to the owner of this school. Does anyone know?

60 months ago

Where did you hear this from? At the school? Who did you hear it from? What is going to happen to the students?

IAMP in BIG Trouble in Chicago, Illinois

60 months ago

IAMP admin V and P ran the school into the ground. V and P thought they could rule a school around regulations. They took the school to an all time low and maybe even managed to have the doors closed due to their gross mismanagment. I hope they never manage any school again! Great business people they are not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

current student in Atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

Anonymous in Delray Beach, Florida said: What happened? I heard Delray and Atlanta are ready to close their doors. Has anyone else heard that? I have been trying to figure out how to get to the owner of this school. Does anyone know?

Thomas Haggerty is in the main administrative office in New York. While your at it, you should probably contact the New York Department of Education about IAMP; I think you'll be interested in what you find out.

current student in Atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

RippedoffbyIAMP in Florida said: You could try, but none of the Haggertys will talk to you. Tom is thaggerty@iamp.edu .

When the owner/President of a School expresses no concern.....and cannot be reached......go to the next level. Contact New York Department of Education. There is still a rumor that IAMP is being sold.

What ?? in Hazlet, New Jersey

59 months ago

No offense ... but "Current Student in Boca Raton FL" ... has responded to all the indeed post with all of the cheery answers. Please be honest and call yourself Current Administration in Boca Raton Fl. There is no shame in being an employee of the school and posting your opinion ... but acting like a student with all the answers is really shameful.

Kristi current student in Delray Beach in Boca Raton, Florida

59 months ago

What ?? in Hazlet, New Jersey said: No offense ... but "Current Student in Boca Raton FL" ... has responded to all the indeed post with all of the cheery answers. Please be honest and call yourself Current Administration in Boca Raton Fl. There is no shame in being an employee of the school and posting your opinion ... but acting like a student with all the answers is really shameful.

Ripped off and ct sailor are not students at my school I am sure of that.

59 months ago

To What ?? in Hazlet
I am glad that you noticed my posts. I truly tried to help people who was looking for the info regarding IAMP in Delray.

As per been employee of IAMP... may be one day ... who knows, but anyway after graduation. And, in any circumstances after my graduation you won't see nick "Current Student in Boca Raton".
I don't like to foul people, instead I try to follow very old wisdom - treat people the way you want them to treat you.

59 months ago

I have an idea of who current studnt in boca is and he/she is not staff. it is a student, and if he/she did become staff one day, it would be a blessing for the school, and students. If you really read through all his/her posts with an open mind, you'd notice how unoffensive and mature they responded to everyones attacks at him/her. you would not get those kinds of replies from the staff members described on these board.

current student in boca is a student and has nothing but good intentions, whether i agree with he/she says or not.

svet in New York, New York

59 months ago

Its not that difficult to be anybody they wish here on this forum...student or staff..a little imagination and role play... and having fun too with it Why not? They are never going to be caught.

bobsmom in Boca Raton, Florida

57 months ago

I am a current student at IAMP in Delray Beach in the night program. We begin actual classes at the school in a few weeks and I am really looking forward to this challenge. I also work full time and am over the age of 45. I am sorry that some students feel threatened or feel they have been treated unfairly, but I can honestly say that has not been my experience...so far. I plan on doing the best I can do and getting my degree and then getting the heck outta south Florida and going back to where "normal" caring people live. I plan on making it abundantly clear to my clinical sites that I am here for training only and have no interest in taking their job away from them. I do believe that the student's attitude will set the tone of the training and their educational experiences. If you don't do the work how can you expect to get a good grade? If your teacher tells you again and again that an assignment is due, and you choose not to hand in that assignment, whose fault is that? I take this education very seriously because not only am I a student but I am a customer as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Darko in Seattle, Washington

56 months ago

Justin in Sarasota, Florida said: I'm looking at going into a sonography program I know both are accredited however IAMP gave me the impression as well as ARDMS that you could sit and pass the general, vascular and echo cardiac certifications of the ARDMS in their 2 year program. Keisers program is just for Vascular and takes two years. Has anyone attended either school? Or have suggestions my interest are in Vascualar and Cardiac.

I am a graduate of IAMP my class was the first class that was included in the accreditation and there was a lot of changes during that time, i dont know who are the instructors there now but if Dr. Prasad is still teaching then yes go to IAMP.
The strong side of IAMP is Echocardiography they are really good, physics not so much but they are o.k, over all its a pretty good school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

crazy unhappy in Idaho

56 months ago

This is what I found:
"I am the CEO of a staffing company and truly stay out of ultrasound at this time. It would be a major mistake for you.
Most likely if you don't have an inside connection it'll be very difficult. I'll try and explain what I can to help you understand this better.
One program director in California gave me over 60 Resumes of her graduates to help her. I only placed one and that was before this crisis hit. And I am very successful at what I do.
I had two hospitals in the past few weeks "want to hire experienced ultrasound people" and both called me personally an apologized that they had to freeze the position because they are losing to much money due to job losses out here (no insurance),,, insurance companies dropping people or not covering things they used to... and people dropping coverage to allow them to eat, and those same people not doing routine yearly preventive exams as it becomes out of pocket for them. I have never seen this but it is happening everywhere. I have never had a hospital(s) want to hire someone and have to decline due to economics.
Techs are getting hours cut, pay cut (never seen pay cut either hospital wide on good people), and won't move and all the while people keep graduating which is putting 4 times the number of techs out there as jobs available. Meaning if there are one jobs already staffed with none available,,, every few months 400 people for those jobs graduates,,,, and then a few months later 400 more (with the 100 remaining the same) and so on. Unless people retire,, where are these new jobs coming from? Nowhere,,, and it is a shame, to be honest. And that is one school with hundreds out there.
This is a perfect storm in the works when you consider Obama cutting exams,,, hospitals losing money (insurance reimbursement)... and then people who are going to school for imaging who don't understand the real picture out here

shortperson_7@yahoo.com in Hollywood, Florida

56 months ago

IAMP threatens students in Scottsdale, Arizona said: IAMP has stolen thousands of dollars from me as well. The office of Secretary of State presides over Post Secondary Education. Keep going up the ladder with the state of Florida until someone listens. IAMP administrators often brag about their so called state connections but they are not connected to everyone. Schools cannot threaten students or misrepresent the schools credentials to students.

1) the owner of IAMP does read his emails, thaggerty@iamp.edu
report to the owner the gross mismanagment of this school

2) Here is the link for Florida Department Education - Commissioner of Education
www.fldoe.org/department/contact.asp

E-mail: Commissioner@fldoe.org
For questions or concerns regarding public universities, please contact the Board of Governors Florida

can someone please help me find an Ultrasound Tech job in South Florida I am liscened

PIOLIN82 in Ossining, New York

56 months ago

DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT IAMP IN NEW YORK AND SANFORD BROWN AM HAVING HARD TIME DECIDING TO ATTEND EITHER SCHOOL DO TO THE COMMENTS. THANK YU FOR YOUR COMMENT

Minka in Boynton Beach, Florida

52 months ago

kt in Lake Worth, Florida said: Okay seriously get up and start applying for jobs. 1 year? that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. I'm in radiology and my sister is in ultrasound and we both already have jobs lined up and we aren't even graduated yet. The school can only do so much to help you. You have got to help yourself and stop depending on them to find you a job

Hello Kt I will love to speak with you for more advice because we are in the same field. And I plan to attend IAMP in Delray.

Minka in Boynton Beach, Florida

52 months ago

Hello Kt I will love to speak with you for more advice because we are in the same field. And I plan to attend IAMP in Delray.

Boca Raton Hopeful in Boca Raton, Florida

51 months ago

I have been looking at some many school and it's been tough. Finally I found IAMP in Delray. I'm very excited to have my app and see what the school is about. I do feel that it is going to be a great choice. I did have a question tho. What is the placement exam consist of. I tried looking for a sample online but no help. If you have any suggestions. I have not been to school since graduating high school and would love to prep myself first. Please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

green.em in Boca Raton, Florida

50 months ago

Justin in Sarasota, Florida said: I'm looking at going into a sonography program I know both are accredited however IAMP gave me the impression as well as ARDMS that you could sit and pass the general, vascular and echo cardiac certifications of the ARDMS in their 2 year program. Keisers program is just for Vascular and takes two years. Has anyone attended either school? Or have suggestions my interest are in Vascualar and Cardiac.

I attended Ultrasound Medical Institue in Lantana,FL. Echo and vascular studies were both included in the cariculum.. no additional schooling was needed. It is an accredited school!

WPBBuyerBewareAdvice in WPB, Florida

50 months ago

Boca Raton Hopeful in Boca Raton, Florida said: I have been looking at some many school and it's been tough. Finally I found IAMP in Delray. I'm very excited to have my app and see what the school is about. I do feel that it is going to be a great choice. I did have a question tho. What is the placement exam consist of. I tried looking for a sample online but no help. If you have any suggestions. I have not been to school since graduating high school and would love to prep myself first. Please let me know.

Be very careful! They will accept anyone, so don't worry to much about that enterance exam...it is very easy; an elementary student can pass it. If you enroll just know u'v been warned! Research on the internet about what is happening regarding For-profit schools (IAMP is following suit)...it is a very scary thing. Try to go to a university or college instead, even if you have to wait on a waiting list. Waiting is better than getting ripped off. You've been advised. Best of Luck to you...

Radiation Therapy at IAMP in Orlando, Florida

49 months ago

PIOLIN82 in Ossining, New York said: DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT IAMP IN NEW YORK AND SANFORD BROWN AM HAVING HARD TIME DECIDING TO ATTEND EITHER SCHOOL DO TO THE COMMENTS. THANK YU FOR YOUR COMMENT

How can you consider either? Both schools are a sham!

anonymous in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

49 months ago

Minka in Boynton Beach, Florida said: Hello Kt I will love to speak with you for more advice because we are in the same field. And I plan to attend IAMP in Delray.

DO NOT GO TO IAMP...please go somewhere else! this school is a rip off...there is even a lawsuit against them..if you dont believe me google it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

49 months ago

Boca Raton Hopeful in Boca Raton, Florida said: I have been looking at some many school and it's been tough. Finally I found IAMP in Delray. I'm very excited to have my app and see what the school is about. I do feel that it is going to be a great choice. I did have a question tho. What is the placement exam consist of. I tried looking for a sample online but no help. If you have any suggestions. I have not been to school since graduating high school and would love to prep myself first. Please let me know.

DO NOT GO TO IAMP!! Please..go somewhere else because you will regret it! These people are the worst they will take your money and will not assist you with anything! Many sites do not even want IAMP students because of all the administrative mistakes going on...very very disorganized school

Concerned4u Citizen in WPB, Florida

49 months ago

Very well said...the same thing is happening with the DMS program. What a sad thing. Maybe the JRCDMS CAAHEP people should get in there too. Clincial sites speak ill of them and they keep loosing sites for placing students that are not properly educated. They even pay some of their sites so they will take these students...that is how desperate they are to place students. When a school has such a bad reputation, something is definitly wrong. Don't know one student that speaks good about the school. Most students can't wait to get out. Don't go to this school...whatever you do...don't go to this school. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.