Ultrasound

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (451 to 479 of 479)
Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10   

Melissa in Piscataway, New Jersey

70 months ago

I need to know what the general rule is for taking the ARDMS. Is it true that a graduate of a non-accredited school has to work for one year before they can take the board exam? If that's the case, then all the time and money I wasted was for naught! I feel like I've been duped!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gabs1028 in Brentwood, New York

70 months ago

yup..non-accredited= 1 year of work before taking ARDMS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Newly-Employed Sonographer in San Antonio, Texas

69 months ago

Melissa in Piscataway, New Jersey said: I need to know what the general rule is for taking the ARDMS. Is it true that a graduate of a non-accredited school has to work for one year before they can take the board exam? If that's the case, then all the time and money I wasted was for naught! I feel like I've been duped!

Look into your eligibility for the ARRT Sonography exam. If you can take that (and pass it), you can immediately sit for the ARDMS.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gisele Mockiuti in Riverside, California

66 months ago

Hi im gonna sit for my Abd exam in 2 weeks.im panicking just a bit on some information. I was wondering for those who just took the exam, or for those studying for it, if you can help me figure out on "Displacements''. For example:
IVC displacements...if theres a liver mass IVC will be displaced Posteriorly, another one: 'if theres a left adrenal mass Splenic vein will be Displaced Anteriorly and etc.
I need to be able to understand it. so if anyone would help, it would be greatly appreciated.
My email is: gibrasil@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Staper in Ville Platte, Louisiana

66 months ago

gisele Mockiuti in Riverside, California said: Hi im gonna sit for my Abd exam in 2 weeks.im panicking just a bit on some information. I was wondering for those who just took the exam, or for those studying for it, if you can help me figure out on "Displacements''. For example:
IVC displacements...if theres a liver mass IVC will be displaced Posteriorly, another one: 'if theres a left adrenal mass Splenic vein will be Displaced Anteriorly and etc.
I need to be able to understand it. so if anyone would help, it would be greatly appreciated.
My email is: gibrasil@gmail.com

Talking from a pathology view, Displacement (pushed aside / not in the normal place) of the IVC or the splenic vein could be a big help in diagnosing the pathology. First "displacement" just means pushed aside in laymans terms. So if you are scanning and the IVC looks like it is farther back from your transducer or the liver (posteriorly) then you think "why is the IVC pushed back (posterior). You would think Liver mass. For the splenic vein, if it is not in the normal place or closer to the transducer you would think" what is making the splenic vein closer or more anterior?" The adrenal gland mass would push the splenic vein out of its normal anatomical position. Remember anterior means closer to the belly button... Posterior means closer to the spine. What is caudal and cephalic? hope this helps.

Staper in Ville Platte, Louisiana

66 months ago

Melissa in Piscataway, New Jersey said: I need to know what the general rule is for taking the ARDMS. Is it true that a graduate of a non-accredited school has to work for one year before they can take the board exam? If that's the case, then all the time and money I wasted was for naught! I feel like I've been duped!

This comment not intended to offend anyone (after reading some of the arguments on here I feel I need to give that disclosure). The reason for the strict rules from the ARDMS is due to the level importance of scanning. IF YOU DO NOT SEE IT THEN NO ONE WILL. The schools that are not accredited may OR MAY NOT follow what the ARDMS believes is a strong educational background for that responsibility. Passing a test does not mean you can notice that cystic hygroma, spinal bifida, small omphalocele. What about that mass in the dome of the liver , dissection or the renal mass that hangs off the lower pole of the kidney. When you ask a patient their symptoms you need to know how to correlate what they are felling with possible pathology that you are looking for. Knowledge and Experience is the key. In one year of learning and not scanning 40 hours a week it is not unheard of not to be able to take the registry. We (even you that want to take the registry) do not want our field to resemble what the nursing field does. There is a huge pay difference between a Registered nurse and a LPN or a nurses aid. So do not expect to go to a year school and think that is all you need to be a ultrasonographer. Believe you need more education and experience. If you have already went to the school and paid for it. Well learn from your lesson. Be grateful you have a starting foundation and rethink your strategy to accomplish your goal. That will also make you a better employee if you can problem solve.

66 months ago

Hi Staper, this is Gisele the girl who asked to help with anatomy 'Displacements" and stuff...just wanted to say thank you
it really helped. i passed my boards! :-) have a good day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Hey for those of you who are wondering if the Abd. Exam has been updated, i can't recall, because it was not much diff. from the last one. And also good luck for everyone who takes this exam. and just remember to study, study, study...that is really the key for success! ;-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

right on in Madison, Wisconsin

65 months ago

Inmotion in New Braunfels, Texas said: One more thing for those who may think a certain job field is the "way to go". Always remember: the way to go is the way everyone else is not. I highly suggest learning basic economics like I did. It is all about supply and demand people. If you keep hearing that a certain job is the new "hot" career field, that means all your fellow citizen are hearing the same thing. What happens next is that specific labor market gets flooded with excess supply and lower wages and unemployment are the result. If you want a good career, you've got to look where everyone else isn't looking and dig deep.

This is the smartest statement I have read in along time. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dot42 in Cedar Lake, Indiana

65 months ago

I am at such a loss as to what to study for the adult echo. Failed it by 10 last time and I thought I knew the material. Someone told me to get pegasuius tapes. What book though? I did study out of davies but does anybody know of an adult review book. I have Terry Reynolds but it is the old book. Help!!!!

hellokitty in Downey, California

65 months ago

my friended studied the book called adult echocardiography by david b.adams and mike foster . also he studied from the site called criticalecho.com. hope this helps

May in San Antonio, Texas

63 months ago

shae said: I am so frustrated with my job search. I attended an accredited ultrasound program. I graduated 5 months ago and I have already passed the SPI, abdomen, ob/gyn and vascular registries. And I still can't get anyone to hire me without experience. What a waste of time. I don't know how I'm suppose to get experience if no one will give me a chance. I regret going into ultrasound, should have done nursing and I'd be working right now. I feel like I have wasted so much time, money and energy trying to do the right thing and get all my registries and I still don't have a job.[/QUOTE

I'm so sorry to hear that.I also have hard time to find a job either in San Antonio or Baton Rouge.I passed SPI ,OB/GYN and I scheduled to take Vascular in April.I feel the same way as you do.And I'm worrying that I might still can't get a job as a sonographer even if I pass Vascular.I hope not.I was a radiation therapist for over 7 years outside the country.And I moved here because of married.But I don't have experience in this field.Have you gotten the job as an Ultrasound tech yet?? I hope so..

Good luck!!

Aisha in Springfield, Virginia

54 months ago

I am looking into a DMS program and no school in my area is caahep accredited, what are my options?
should I just finish my associates in DMS and hope somehow i can get a year experience to give my ARDMS.. I really want to do DMS program but I cant find a way to go to accredited school. what do people do when they have nothing in their area and cant go far from home.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vadim in Surrey, British Columbia

51 months ago

Hello everyone!
I lost key to my CD DAVIES "Abdomen Q&A Review for the ARDMS Specialty Examination". Does anyone can help me, and provide the lost key?
I have quite a big library of books and CDs in radiology, so if you need something,I can exchange. Even if I haven't some book, I can help to find it.
Thanks in advance.
My email: " chach.v@gmail.com"

han in Satellite Provider

51 months ago

I would like to know where to find a job im the ultrasound field in the area of Texaas... Thanxs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jobless sono tech in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

I can't find anything I have applied everywhere. They want someone with at least year experience, RDMS ABD and RVT. I'm only OB and I haven't had my first job yet so they keep telling me no. :( good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SAM in Buffalo, New York

47 months ago

I cant afford to fail abdomen that im scheduled to take in July, I only get one shot than I can lose my job! I need help. Has anyone took it recently and have any notes, it would be greatly appreciated...thanks

clarinet1229 in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

Hey. Does anyone have any recommendations on resources to us to pass the ARDMS Adult Echo registry? I've taken it twice and have been unsuccessful so far. any ideas?

clarinet1229 in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

SAM in Buffalo, New York said: I cant afford to fail abdomen that im scheduled to take in July, I only get one shot than I can lose my job! I need help. Has anyone took it recently and have any notes, it would be greatly appreciated...thanks

try using the yellow appleton and lange review book (it has all the specialities not just abd). or Davies review CD it has custom tests you can use in either test or learn mode.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

padma in Troy, Michigan

40 months ago

Hi
few months ago i lost my job because i was not registered.I got registered recently but i couldn't find at least contingent job. Please if anybody knows any positions available in detroit area please let me know. Now i am registered in Abdomen,Ob/Gyn and physics

patty in Sterling Heights, Michigan

39 months ago

I am so frustrated with job search. I kept applying but no replies from anybody not even an interview. I heard that only recommendations work. I am really worried although i have experience i couldn't find job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marissa in Los Angeles, California

35 months ago

Does anyone know what size needle is used for breast biopsies???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

khnaseerahmad@*****.*** in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

I am going to appear in SPI Physics exam . if some one has steven edeleman book for
physics and instrumentation and Mcqs material please contact me at khnaseerahmad@hotmail.com.
Thanks
Naseer

Infoforyou in Fenton, Missouri

29 months ago

ALBY in Oceanside, California said: NO! THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN TAKE THE ARDMS RIGHT AFTER GRADUATE IS IF YOU HAVE A "B.A" OTHERWISE YOU MUST WORK A AT LEAST 32 HOURS A WEEK FOR THE FOLLOWING YEAR AND KEEP IN MIND THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE YOUR EXTERNSHIP,ONCE YOUR COMPLETED A YEAR YOU CAN TAKE YOUR EXAM.HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR YA!

NO.... there is a list of prerequisites to qualify to sit for ARDMS registry exams. This can be found on the ARDMS website. One of them is a two year degree from a program that is recognized by an accredited program. CAAHEP is one of those accrediting bodies. ABHES is another. another option is "x" amount of course hours and one year of on the job work experience with a signed form from an ARDMS registerd person. It is ultimately the individuals responsibility to research eligibility requirements for anh registry or license exam, including possible state requirements. Also looking into which credentials a hiring hospital accepts is important. For example, if you are already a registered X-Raybtech, that credentialing body offers sonography exams as well. The thing to do is find oug if the hospital perfers that one or the ARDMS and then look at the eligibilty requirements. For cardiac sonography, there is another credentialing option as well...that is CCI.

zack in Saint Louis, Missouri

25 months ago

HI

After reading all the threads here its discouraging. Since,everyone here is knowledgeable about Allied Health I was wondering if there is another field that is up and coming that you would recommend over US.

thanks

z

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ray in Northridge, California

25 months ago

zack in Saint Louis, Missouri said: HI

After reading all the threads here its discouraging. Since,everyone here is knowledgeable about Allied Health I was wondering if there is another field that is up and coming that you would recommend over US.

thanks

z

Every field in healthcare is saturated. But avoid ultrasound for sure, trust me. Just not worth the $$$. Good luck.

Liana in Napavine, Washington

23 months ago

Current job opening in Chehalis, WA for a per diem ultrasound tech. Must be available to work every Friday and cover any vacation days. Starting June 27th. This job is located at a medical center in Chehalis. You will be working independently doing general, ob/gyn, small parts, and vascular studies. Must be able to interpret images and generate a report for the radiologist to read.

Please email me with your resume and any questions. I will forward to my manager.

Thank you

LMS in San Antonio, Texas

2 months ago

Jess in Webster, Indiana said: I am going to this school right now and now I'm a little worried! Has anyone else had the same experience at JCC? Are you saying that JCC expects to you to have some hands-on experience before you begin clinicals? I was never told this, but I am definitely going to question it now. Thanks for the heads up!

Hi! How did the school work out for you?

Rayven in Elk Grove, California

2 months ago

Jamie in Huntington Station, New York said: I was supposed to get hired right out of school and the hospital that I spent 6 months with, jerked me at the last second, said they were on a hiring freeze. So what I did was volunteer at another hospital untill they finally hired me. I didn't want to lose my skills, it took 3 months and it sucked, I worked somewhere else in the meantime for $. If you show them you really want the job, you went to school, you know what your doing and you just need someone to help you get your foot in the door maybe that will work. If you don't want to go that route, maybe a class action lawsuit with your classmates. What happed with them, did any of them get jobs? I am not registered and have 2 jobs now because I gained expierence. Think positive! And try to keep your hands on the probe because you don't want to lose the skills you learned. I know it sucks but you can't get the time or money back, unless you sue. So, I don't meant to sound mean but sometimes you just have to suck it up. The next problems you will face are even worse, like getting yelled at by a****** doctors and not getting good hours and being the low man on the totum pole and only getting per diem jobs and no bennefits and bodily injuries. Trust me I've been going through it for the past 2 years. I wish I did xray, but whatever, things can only get better.
hope this helped.

Hi I am currently looking to email-interview an ultrasound technician for my senior project I was wondering if you could help me out , I need to do this asap

Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.