WEST COAST ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE: TOP SCHOOL AND NOT CORPORATE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 357)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Orinda in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

Lea Newland in Wildomar, California said: Orinda,
Paul is correct i don't know what the other schools hours were but for the Echo program the total amount of hours is 1840 over 18 months, the general DMS program is 2160 hours over 21 months both are acceptable. there is a school catalog from the school that shows the hours in writing. You may have it already.

Lea,It's me again.One last quesition. I know you have a B.S. and
you probably qualified fot stafford loans. Each school is different.
If not too private,what are you paying out of pocket.You can
email me if you like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lea Newland in Wildomar, California

60 months ago

Orinda in Los Angeles, California said: Lea,It's me again.One last quesition. I know you have a B.S. and
you probably qualified fot stafford loans. Each school is different.
If not too private,what are you paying out of pocket.You can
email me if you like.

Unfortunately i wouldn't qualify for loans, i didn't even try, i was one of the many that was forced to short sale my home and my credit is crap right now, i also didn't qualify for FAFSA aid because i made too much in 2007 & 2008 even though i made NIL this year...i find it unfair how it's determined. If things were so great or as great as they were in the past I wouldn't need to be going back to school right? Catch-22 there. So i pay 100% cash out of pocket and am lucky enough to have a nice family right now to assist when needed. However i am still 36k in debt from my B.S. that i have to pay off. It's just a worthless degree at this point except for the fact that it will save my butt come ARDMS exam time.

60 months ago

Sorry to hear about your problems.My business that I've had for
twenty years is cut in half and I may have file BK7. The federal
loans has nothing to do with your credit if you didn't know that.

60 months ago

No i didn't but all the same i have enough loans as it is, thanks for that info though LOL! That's awful about your business, BK isn't the end of the world. My mom had to go through that after a divorce and still managed to buy a home 2 years later with her credit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jessica777 in dimaond bar, California

60 months ago

i am so over this economy and have been feeling like iv been treading water for years......I fould out about WCUI and was thinking about enrolling this Oct........IS THIS A GOOD IDEA???? im so confused some people say yes while some say no....WHat do i do!?!?!?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

jessica777 in dimaond bar, California said: i am so over this economy and have been feeling like iv been treading water for years......I fould out about WCUI and was thinking about enrolling this Oct........IS THIS A GOOD IDEA???? im so confused some people say yes while some say no....WHat do i do!?!?!?!

Honestly it is a situation based decision. Do you have a bachelor? That's what made me decide that WCUI was right for me in particular. There was no wait list, i didn't have to retake 2 years of courses in general ed before i could even sign up for ultrasound at a CAAHEP school like OCC (which has a 2 year wait list i hear) and then not sure if that one was lottery based or grade based but either way that's a long time for me, the only thing i'd get out of it besides the disputed superior education is that if I DIDN'T already have a bachelor i could sit for my registries for ARDMS right away to be officially a registered tech in one or more modalities. But since I had a bachelor that meant i could sit for it as long as i fulfilled the 1 year of clinical experience for pre-req 3A since my past education fulfilled the education portion of the requirement, so my 1 year of experience i am getting in a 18 month program at WCUI which is actually longer than needed for ARDMS but sufficent training in my eyes, they have more than enough hours ARDMS requires 1680 i believe one program is over 1800 and DMS is over 2100 hours. I go during the day or morning, Dr. Emad is the best teacher especially if you've never been exposed to anatomy and physiology before, in all my years of education he is the best teacher i've ever met. That's for intro. Now i'm in vascular it's much more diffucult and a different teacher with different ways of explaining things so it's a bit more challenging BUT i still go back to Dr. Emad for tutoring to explain it to me HIS way and that's available for free and so is tutoring in the LAB. So far i like the school in ontario.

lissssssssssssa in la puente, California

60 months ago

i want to go to WCUI for ultrasound, but im not sure if this school is a scam? can somebody help that has graduated and was it hard to get a job?

Veronica in Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

In reply to lisssssssssssssss's question above. I am a graduate from the DMS program here at WCUI, and I have to say withouth bias obviously that that this school really helped me with every question/concerns that I had from the day that I requested information about the program, until the day that I graduated. The admissions department and the job placement/career center in particular are extremely helpful, and know every student that I had familiarized myself with personally. They placed me into my externship site 5 days after I had graduated. Paul in the job placement center was extremely helpful in finding me an employer, about two weeks after my externship ended I was hired at an imaging center making 27 dollars an hour. I am not sure why you would think this school is a scam. They even let you sit in the classrooms and speak to the students themselves. What better way to find out about the school than to come and talk to actual students on campus, that way you are guaranteed that it is not a scam, and better yet, visit the admissions office and they will swipe you off your feet. Good luck with everything

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Thank you im going to set an appointment or might go to their open house.

60 months ago

I forgot to ask you did you go to the Ontario campus? thats the one that im think of going to.

LP22 in Santa Fe Springs, California

59 months ago

Can you sit in the ARDMS exam if the school is only accredited with the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT)?

59 months ago

LP22 in Santa Fe Springs, California said: Can you sit in the ARDMS exam if the school is only accredited with the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT)?

Only if you have a Bachelor degree or higher, it can be in any subject, otherwise you'd have to acquire 1 year of full time work notated in hours. So it could take longer than a year if you could only find a PT job for instance.

59 months ago

Lea Newland in Wildomar, California said: Only if you have a Bachelor degree or higher, it can be in any subject, otherwise you'd have to acquire 1 year of full time work notated in hours. So it could take longer than a year if you could only find a PT job for instance.

I see so I can still attend West COast Ultrasound Institute but would have to work in the field for 1 year before being able to take the exam right? could I find a job with graduating from an accredited school by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology?

59 months ago

yes you can because people always want to employ people for as little as possible and because only two states have laws requiring techs to be registered Oregon and New Mexico you will find alot of jobs do not require ARDMS registration (but you will see alot of ARDMS registered preferred on the job listings). However in this economy even registered techs are finding it difficult to get a job and therefore they will take lower paying jobs if they must to survive making more difficult in the meantime for non-registered techs to find a job in this market. But i've been in a hiring position before and if the person writing the payroll checks is a big penny pincher they will always go for the new grads who will not ask for much money over an expensive experienced candidate it's sad but true. That being said in this economy all industries are suffering and so are jobs, so it's not just ultrasound where people can't find work, if anything healthcare would be a safer bet than any other industry. I really do see more nursing jobs than any other but the road to becoming an RN is much more difficult and LONG than becoming a sonographer or echocardiographer... of all of the places to find work as a sonographer the easiest place to find work will be in an imaging center or registry (sort of a temp agency/mobile agency who have contracts with a number of physicians) and the harder places will be hospitals being unregistered as they have alot more on the line and need experienced techs working, there is no room for error in a hospital/emergency situation.

I do have a friend that hires echo-techs unregistered for her mobile business so for a fact i know it happens as well as students who finished externship at my school that have jobs that i've met so it really happens.

59 months ago

Lea Newland in Wildomar, California said: yes you can because people always want to employ people for as little as possible and because only two states have laws requiring techs to be registered Oregon and New Mexico you will find alot of jobs do not require ARDMS registration (but you will see alot of ARDMS registered preferred on the job listings). However in this economy even registered techs are finding it difficult to get a job and therefore they will take lower paying jobs if they must to survive making more difficult in the meantime for non-registered techs to find a job in this market. But i've been in a hiring position before and if the person writing the payroll checks is a big penny pincher they will always go for the new grads who will not ask for much money over an expensive experienced candidate it's sad but true. That being said in this economy all industries are suffering and so are jobs, so it's not just ultrasound where people can't find work, if anything healthcare would be a safer bet than any other industry. I really do see more nursing jobs than any other but the road to becoming an RN is much more difficult and LONG than becoming a sonographer or echocardiographer... of all of the places to find work as a sonographer the easiest place to find work will be in an imaging center or registry (sort of a temp agency/mobile agency who have contracts with a number of physicians) and the harder places will be hospitals being unregistered as they have alot more on the line and need experienced techs working, there is no room for error in a hospital/emergency situation.QUOTE]

Thats really good to know I'm just scared of going to West Coast Ultrasound institute and let it be worthless. It not cheap so its a big risk. But with all the community colleges only offering day classes it makes it diffcult to attend. Where did you graduate from?

59 months ago

Lea Newland in Wildomar, California said: Honestly it is a situation based decision. Do you have a bachelor? That's what made me decide that WCUI was right for me in particular. There was no wait list, i didn't have to retake 2 years of courses in general ed before i could even sign up for ultrasound at a CAAHEP school like OCC (which has a 2 year wait list i hear) and then not sure if that one was lottery based or grade based but either way that's a long time for me, the only thing i'd get out of it besides the disputed superior education is that if I DIDN'T already have a bachelor i could sit for my registries for ARDMS right away to be officially a registered tech in one or more modalities. But since I had a bachelor that meant i could sit for it as long as i fulfilled the 1 year of clinical experience for pre-req 3A since my past education fulfilled the education portion of the requirement, so my 1 year of experience i am getting in a 18 month program at WCUI which is actually longer than needed for ARDMS but sufficent training in my eyes, they have more than enough hours ARDMS requires 1680 i believe one program is over 1800 and DMS is over 2100 hours. I go during the day or morning, Dr. Emad is the best teacher especially if you've never been exposed to anatomy and physiology before, in all my years of education he is the best teacher i've ever met. That's for intro. Now i'm in vascular it's much more diffucult and a different teacher with different ways of explaining things so it's a bit more challenging BUT i still go back to Dr. Emad for tutoring to explain it to me HIS way and that's available for free and so is tutoring in the LAB. So far i like the school in ontario.

Bless your heart, Lea. I noticed your always there to answer
everyone's quesition.I'm starting WCUI in Oct.Despite all the
negative comments I've seen,WCUI is the best choice after looking
at several non-CAHEEP schools.Some are down right pitiful.

59 months ago

Honestly I can't help it, ever since the first time i posted it emails me every flippin response and i feel compelled to answer because most of the questions i had myself. My friend at school thinks these forums unduly stress me out because i post on the ARDMS ones too and I read how stressed out everyone is all the time, for instance this weeks is how you can't really prepare for the way they ask you the questions, most prep tests included symptoms and things to lead you to the answer but the boards don't give you any info other than an image and when you get to seeing images you will see that something could be 5 different things and the only real way to tell is to have signs and symptoms so either they are missing something(like maybe visual qualitative analysis that they missed only EVERYONE is missing it ) or ARDMS really wants our money and really wants us to fail. THe majority passes by a few points so odds are that most techs are "average" which really sounds about right I suppose but it's sad OR/AND all of our educations sucked........take your pick. I wonder what docters board exam averages are, do they have to get 100 or fail or is it like ours...anyhow I'm only in my second module and i'm already thinking about something i won't be doing for another year but for the moment it takes my mind off of Upper extremity vascular pathologies i'm studying....fun times. I have found that going here has reduced me to living in two week increments because there is a test every two weeks. Good luck!

59 months ago

Lea Newland in Wildomar, California said: yes you can because people always want to employ people for as little as possible and because only two states have laws requiring techs to be registered Oregon and New Mexico you will find alot of jobs do not require ARDMS registration (but you will see alot of ARDMS registered preferred on the job listings). However in this economy even registered techs are finding it difficult to get a job and therefore they will take lower paying jobs if they must to survive making more difficult in the meantime for non-registered techs to find a job in this market. But i've been in a hiring position before and if the person writing the payroll checks is a big penny pincher they will always go for the new grads who will not ask for much money over an expensive experienced candidate it's sad but true. That being said in this economy all industries are suffering and so are jobs, so it's not just ultrasound where people can't find work, if anything healthcare would be a safer bet than any other industry. I really do see more nursing jobs than any other but the road to becoming an RN is much more difficult and LONG than becoming a sonographer or echocardiographer... of all of the places to find work as a sonographer the easiest place to find work will be in an imaging center or registry (sort of a temp agency/mobile agency who have contracts with a number of physicians) and the harder places will be hospitals being unregistered as they have alot more on the line and need experienced techs working, there is no room for error in a hospital/emergency situation.

I do have a friend that hires echo-techs unregistered for her mobile business so for a fact i know it happens as well as students who finished externship at my school that have jobs that i've met so it really happens.

Can you tell me what anatomy book you are using at WUCI?

59 months ago

Memmlers "the human body in health and disease" 11th edition and also we had a medical terminology book.

59 months ago

Lea Newland in Wildomar, California said: Memmlers "the human body in health and disease" 11th edition and also we had a medical terminology book.

Now were on to Zwiebel and Pellerito's "Introduction to Vascular Ultrasonography" fifth edition

59 months ago

Thanks,Lea.I will be taking physics on my second module.I guess
it depends how the schedule works or when you start.Good luck
with vascular.You been an asset to this forum and I thank you
for any help youhave given people.

59 months ago

I'll be taking physics too in the morning. You are welcome!

aliya in Azusa, California

59 months ago

can sombody help plz i have no rt background i want to do mri tech can guys help me and let me what job srcurity do these wcui offer u do they help u to get job in the hospitals and do they sent us to externsip or we have to look and find the hospital for extership

Can't Tell You in South Gate, California

59 months ago

Jason Garcia in Ontario, California said: This is not true I'm a student there now and no way they can have a student working there they are not Everest College or UEI and even ACC that is what they do. And look at a community college and add all the years you will be there and books, and all the other stuff you will need. And it will come out to alot more money then this. And they WONT HELP YOU GET A JOB FOR NOTHING IN THE WORLD I MEAN THE COMMUNITY COLLEGES SO GOOD LUCK WITH THAT JERK

There are many former students working there. If you say there are not you are ignorant to the fact or LYING. They may have worked there for a year or more, but fresh from school they were hired here. They do not hired experienced, ARDMS registered techs except the three they have Sue, Don and one other. A few who graduated from my class were hired to work for the school immediately. I took a Leave for a personal reason.s. Yes, students work there.

Lponce in Whittier, California

59 months ago

Jason If you really think that its more expensive to go to community college than a private school you must not have made good reseach, the private school cost about 27,000.00- 34000.00 for one field. I have been going to a community college for a year now and it has not been more than 3000.00 yet! I do not qualify for financial aid so its all been out of pocket, so dont say its not more than a community college when clearly it is.

59 months ago

Can't Tell You in South Gate, California said: There are many former students working there. If you say there are not you are ignorant to the fact or LYING. They may have worked there for a year or more, but fresh from school they were hired here. They do not hired experienced, ARDMS registered techs except the three they have Sue, Don and one other. A few who graduated from my class were hired to work for the school immediately. I took a Leave for a personal reason.s. Yes, students work there.

At our campus (ontario) there are multiple lab instructors that are ARDMS registered techs, Dr. Bhaa, Gary, Kalati, Steve, to name a few, and who did not attend the school as well as graduated students who externed off site at hospitals and now work at the school. They are not STUDENTS any longer. They are no different than any other unregistered tech at that point that obtains a job anywhere else, their primary goal is to obtain their hours to qualify for registering. They did their proverbial "time" in school and at externship. The fact that they capitalized on a position until they find another "real" job is of no consequence in fact they were lucky in this economy to find a job at all. One lab instructor of ours quit recently because her other part time "real" job went full time and she was a great instructor. Registration is good but there are plenty of crappy scanners that were smart enough to pass ARDMS and their are plenty of good scanners that maybe are not book smart as much as talented with the transducer and have not passed the ARDMS or haven't received enough hours to take it and do not have a bachelor degree or higher. Furthermore the fact they are multitasking scanning and teaching will only help these guys in the future because they are learning supervisory skills while still seeing pathology in the clinic as well as students like me (2.3 cm complex cyst on my thyroid found first day of doing carotids,they tripped over it)....

59 months ago

Further more, for the most part these lab instructors at school are teaching the basics of scanning technique, how to do the protocol, how to understand the anatomy of what you are looking at on screen and determine landmarks, and for the most part yes everyone is pretty healthy which is good because after seeing healthy for so long you will definately notice abnormal, they just have to concentrate that we have the correct technique and that we use the machine accurately that we understand when to change SV/angle/color scale/doppler gain/color gain/baselines and why we are doing it wrong, it's the classroom instructors job (who are ARDMS certified or even Dr's) to tell you the whys and hows of the pathology, and in my case when we found my thyroid cyst the first thing we did besides take pictures was to go ask the certified tech/doctor to scan it also so it's not like you can't get second opinions within the school, and you can even sign up for free lab tutoring with the registered techs in particular if you feel the need to, i haven't found one unregistered tech giving me conflicting information from a registered tech, however i have received incorrect info from more senior students who hadn't yet gone to externship or graduated that were trying to be helpful so watch who you get advice from in that respect.

Ashlyn in Lake Elsinore, California

58 months ago

aliya in Azusa, California said: can sombody help plz i have no rt background i want to do mri tech can guys help me and let me what job srcurity do these wcui offer u do they help u to get job in the hospitals and do they sent us to externsip or we have to look and find the hospital for extership

I'm wondering the same thing.
I want to go there for the sonography or possibly the medical
assisting program..but
i have no previous schooling or background in it..does that matter
& will that affect my chances in getting a job?
I'm currently enrolled in my community college but i feel
like it's a waste of time..i don't feel any closer to what i want to do
so i'm researching other schools i can attend.

Thank you for your help !

58 months ago

Ashlyn in Lake Elsinore, California said: I'm wondering the same thing.
assisting program..but

Hi there, i am in the echo program at the ontario campus and i live near you, our campus doesn't offer MA yet so make sure you are clear on that (they could be starting it next module for all i know though) unless you are planning on driving all the way to LA, i hope not it's a long drive which we have to make once to register for the first time and i wouldn't wish it on anyone to do daily..., anyhow our campus is only offering DMS and Echo and MRI right now and i think nursing will be starting at the campus soon, i go to school with alot of people already in the field but I am not I came out of the advertising and graphic design industry and it is possible to get a job and get through the program but pretty challenging nonetheless. The school helps to secure your externship they have sites already but you are also welcome to find your own if you already know people in the industry who want you. Make sure MA is really your end goal though, from what i've heard they don't get paid as much as a nurse or even a DMS/Echo tech. I also can't help with knowingif our school is good for MA because i don't know the criteria after the fact like with ultrasound you need to get nationally registered and to do that you have to wait 1 year and work full time before you can sit for the exams or you have ot already havea bachelor in any subject to qualify to sit for the exam unless you go to an accredited (By CAAHEP) school

58 months ago

continued...i couldn't keep typing in the box..
anyhow, our school isn't accredited by CAAHEP for sonography so it's been a topic of conversation as you can see on these boards. The school is good at ontario, the teachers are fantastic. I can't speak for the beverly hills campus, but i like it and it's challenging.

Lponce22 in Ontario, California

58 months ago

Ashlyn in Lake Elsinore, California said: I'm wondering the same thing.
assisting program..but

It depends on what school you are going to yea its a 2 waiting period to get into the RT classes but you can take your pre-reqs while you're waiting. I'm going to Orange coast college for the cardiovascular technology program and I am at ease that I will have a job because i am eligiable to take the state exam as soon as i graduate.

58 months ago

I am also at ease with my choice and the ability to sit for the exams when i finish, even though i attend WCUI because of my bachelor, everyone has their own unique situation on deciding the school and you REALLY have to do your research on what you need to get a job. It surprises me how many students haven't done their research who i go to school with actually who don't really see the importance of getting their registry license,( which people try to blame the school for in the end) but if you didn't taking picking your school seriously then that is your own fault. It's a big decision to make, yea community college takes alot longer but if you never attended college to begin with it's not as bad as having taken college courses already and not having them transfer (due to how many years have passed since you took it or what type of school you got your degree at) and having to retake them, I didn't want to retake two more years of school then hope i get into the two year program...

58 months ago

also it's much easier on the wallet to attend the community college much much cheaper....!

Ellie from Sacramento in Dallas, Texas

58 months ago

Lea,
I came across this forum as I was researching possible health care professions for my friend's daughter. She wants to enter the field of healthcare but isn't sure what profession. I worked for many years as an educational specialist for the state of CA, so she asked me to help her. After reading your comments about West Coast Ultrasound Insitute's hiring practices for DMS instructors, I felt compelled to comment. It is highly ILLEGAL and UNETHICAL to hire instructors who do not have a minimum of 3 years of actual work experience in the field of sonography. All instructors, both for lecture and lab must have 3 years of actual work experience. Experience and training as a student (classroom & clinical) do not count as work experience. This is a requirement by both the state of CA and ACCSCT (WCUI accreditor). All schools know about this requirement, because they are required to send in each instructor's work history experience to the state and ACCSCT. Those without 3 years experience are rejected. The only way that a school can get by with hiring an instructor who has no work experience is to 1. not list that person as an instructor, or 2. change the dates on the submitted forms so they appear to be qualified. The work experience requirement is important from an educational standpoint because instructors MUST bring "real world" work experience to the class. As to your comment that recent WCUI grads are fine because they are just teaching the basics, the basics in any training program are the MOST important because they are the foundation for everything that lies ahead. Schools that particicate in hiring practices such as this are looking to cut operating costs. After all, those who have just graduated aren't ARDMS registered and can't find employment. They are much cheaper to hire than fully credentialled experienced sonographers.

Ellie from Sacramento in Dallas, Texas

58 months ago

(continued) As far as being ARDMS registered in order to teach, would you allow your elementary school child to attend a public school where the teachers don't have a minimum of a Bachelors Degree and a teaching credential? Then why would you pay to go to a school where only a few instructors are ARDMS registered? They haven't even passed the exam thay are teaching you to pass. Sorry to be so wordy, but this type of disreputable and illlegal behavior is what gives private postsecondary schools a bad reputation. It burns me to see trusting students like you taken advantage of. WCUI should be reported to the state and ACCSCT. Practices such as these put the student in educational jeopardy and open the school up to the potential for lawsuits. If you wish to check on hiring requirments for faculty go to www.accsct.org - accreditation-standards of accreditation - Bylaws - Section IIIB Page 75. To verify ARDMS registry status for an instructor, go to www.ARDMS.org - status verification.

58 months ago

Thank you!
I did look up the bylaws and did check my teachers registry verification which showed up, I don't know how they are accomplishing getting by with lab instructors lacking experience,i do know that there are more than 3 ARDMS registered experienced LAB teachers in the lab daily, and a registered supervisor of the lab. I know my lecture teacher is an MD and registered as well because i just looked him up. I don't feel like i'm receiving poor quality education from them as they critique my protocols every day as well as teach me what I need to know to be a good tech. I will look into this further though, thank you for the information, by the way i am friends with experienced techs outside of school that have so far found my education to be adequate upon demonstration so I trust their opinion. That doesn't make it ok however if they aren't doing things legally that really benefits no one in the end it's their reputation and accredidation at stake as well as our ability to find work.

Zeeshan in Corona, California

58 months ago

I was looking up the MRI Classes, and according to WCUI you can sit for the ARMRIT (which is the equivalent to the ARDMS for MRI) right after school. Can anyone confirm? If it's true, this would be worth doing.

And does anyone have any idea on what the pay difference is for MRI Techs VS Cardiovascular Sonography Techs? Those are the two majors i'm looking into.

Jessica

58 months ago

I want to take my chances and go to WCUI. After doing some research I decided I want MRI as a career instead of DMS. However, is this school really 30,000??? Are any of you going for that program or have grad. from it? Also what was your experince from that school?

Would really appreciate your honesty.
Thank You

58 months ago

I'm in the echo program there and I know someone in the MRI program and they like it i know he spends a few days a week at the hospital learning MRI outside of class time which is part of the program but i think it's the weekend, so you really do get hands on experience using the MRI machines not just looking at pictures. I do hear tho that you practice on each other so if you are claustrophobic keep that in mind, he didn't even realize he was claustrophobic till he went in the "tunnel". it really is 30,000 bucks tho!

58 months ago

I looked into MRI and decided not to because AIRMIT is not really
recognized.You almost have to be certified in radiology.Things
are getting better,but I wouldn't take my chances at $30,000.Check
the jobs.They want radiology background.

Zeeshan in Long Beach, California

58 months ago

well i noticed that ARMRIT since July 2008 is recognized by ACR so i figure that would have some impact on increasing their credibility.

former WCUI student

58 months ago

CAAHEP, does have a big effect on someone getting hired for a job, If I would of have beeen aware of the difference in accreditations I would have just gone through a CAAHEP program, and yes, you can sit for the ARDMS but only after working for a year but good luck finding someone that will give you a job, out of the 16 people that graduated at the same time I did only 2 got jobs, and one of them was because they have family working in the field, dont just read this post do your research go online search for jobs what do they all say "CAHEEP" graduate or ARDMS, I went to the LA campus and man they talk a good game, theyll tell you most of the students are employed... LIE.... great externs alot of students extern at school, well do your research so that you all dont wind up like me in debt and jobless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lponce22 in Whittier, California

58 months ago

WOW that really sucks thanks about a month ago I was interested in the Ontario Campus but good thing I didnt make that decision, because I found out that you dont need to complete many classes for your degree in radiology. I only need 2 more classes. I'm going to Orange Coast College for Cardiovascular tech/ultrasound!!!

can in Buena Park, California

58 months ago

good for you Orange Coast has a great program for echocardiogram

cm75 in San Bernardino, California

58 months ago

I would stay away from this school the reason so many students are working there is because they can't find jobs in the field they studied. These students have complained and they have been low paying jobs. Since they can not find anything else they except positions at the school. I took the mri class and finished my extern and still can't find a job, and mow of several others that have taken the echo and the dms class and are in the same boat. The school tells you what you want to hear and then once your done they don't help with anything and further more they have someone there that is suppost to help you find a job but I have not rec'd one lead from him. They give you a list of so called "leads" but if you look close at it in was developed and has not been up dated since 2005. My opinion stay away from WCUI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

wy868 in Canoga Park, California

58 months ago

just graduated from wcui this week. no ardms yet, but eligible to take the tests.

had one interview today, a temporary job, has a possibility to be permanent, starting at $15/hour, 40 hours per week. haven't decided if i should take it or not because i am expecting $25/hour. is it feasible in the current situation? any suggestions?

thx.

58 months ago

I say take it and keep looking while you work because you need the experience right now and the references, agree to the price but say once you are registered you'd like $25 per hour min as a registered tech. It's too low to begin with but in light of the fact that jobs are scarce especially for the newly graduated.

58 months ago

also consider looking outside local so-cal up north has more positions in Nor-cal and there are less schools with graduating students. It's really saturated down here with techs and new grads, even out of state if you have family out there consider looking in their cities and using them as a crash site while you potentially interview.

wy868 in Santa Clarita, California

58 months ago

thank you lea. it's hard to find a good job these days.

LPonce22 in Whittier, California

57 months ago

The 2-3 year waiting list to get into a cardiovascular class is going to kill me!!!!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.