WEST COAST ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE: TOP SCHOOL AND NOT CORPORATE

Comments (151 to 200 of 331)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

GOOD LUCK! in Los Angeles, California

64 months ago

Andriana J in Fontana, California said: Hello. I am a senior in high school right now & going to graduate in may of this year. I am very interested in becoming a sonographer. I came upon WCUI school & requested information on it. I got a couple questions if you could take the time on answering them I would appreciate that very much thank you.
1.Is it a good school?
2.Would I be able to sign up for it since I'm still in high school or would I have to wait?
3.How long does the program take to complete?
4.If I signed up what are the chances of me getting accepted?
5.Will I get a job immediately after graduating the course?

Answers
1. not so good; do your research!!! (emphasis)
2. You have to wait untill you have your High School Diploma. Theres no waiting list, so they would definetly take you in.
3. DMS- 21mths ECHO- 18mths (i think)
4. You chances are HIGH that you would get accepted. As long as you got the $
5. Hopefully you can get hired of your externship & not everyone is as lucky....& not every1 is successful in networking.
Your better off going to a recognized school & receiving Financial Aid...that way your not in so much debt. Good Luck ;)

itain'thardtotell in Los Angeles, California

64 months ago

t.a. in Burbank, California said: I just find out that if you google Myra Chason, she used to be an actress with bad reviews

That is not the same Myra Chason. Two different people.

GunnaSoo in Upland, California

64 months ago

Several students from my graduating class have not found employment as ultrasound technicians. They have expressed a lack of satisfaction with their experience at WCUI. I was alarmed to find a newspaper article about students from Western Career College, and when doing some research I contacted ARDMS who informed me that non CAAHEP schools are not recognized as ACCREDITED. Be sure to get a clear definition as to what type of accreditation they have, and contact the proper licensing boards to review this schools history. Ask for contact numbers or emails of successful alumni, in the field. Sometimes the quickest route is not the best. Best of luck.

Jessica said: I want to take my chances and go to WCUI. After doing some research I decided I want MRI as a career instead of DMS. However, is this school really 30,000??? Are any of you going for that program or have grad. from it? Also what was your experince from that school?

Would really appreciate your honesty.
Thank You

Lea in Sun City, California

64 months ago

Gunnasoo-unfortunately indoubt any school
can give out contact info of students I think that violates privacy laws but you can find students easily on campus who know people who've been hired from classes that were ahead of theirs all I mean is I'd be pissed if the school started handing out my info

Lea Newland in Wildomar, California

64 months ago

technically registering with ARDMS really IS optional and its not the only agency that you can register to be a tech for there is also CCI for vascular and echo, you don't HAVE to be registered to work except in NM and OR, it's purely at the discretion of the employer. It's not the law, not all doctors and hospitals take medicare BTW that's the only stipulation to get paid by medicare, the tech has to be registered, it's becoming more frequent now that doctors are no longer accepting medicare patients because of all the cuts that they deem they can't profit from taking medicare patients anyhow..so it's moot in SOME offices and clinics.

64 months ago

You are correct about ARDMS being non-profit that's good actually now i don't have to worry if that law passes when i get registered that i'll have to register with another body after that, that might change the pre-requisites around, i want to know where the money goes though how much are the tests for nurses does anyone know? Or MRI?Plus you have to continually pay to keep your license...so much money they must get.
And where did they lie on paper? i have all of the papers from way back in october of 2008 when i decided to go for it, they did say they are accredited with ACCSCT ON paper in the same sentence (and website)..i have never seen it written without who they were accredited with anywhere. Outside of So-CAl west coasts reputation will be nothing anyhow if they were sued but i have yet to see unless there is some serious written proof of lying that they will be able to be sued. As far as students finishing without meeting the requirements since you can't elaborate then i'm baffled what that means, they don't go to clinical sites? They don't finish year ends? They don't make up hours? what..? What is it about the dept. of education that you don't believe?

64 months ago

itain'thardtotell in Los Angeles, California said: It is not correct to say it is optional when 90% of employers require it.I never said it was the law, but it is completely unethical and almost a lie to make it sound "completely optional". Also ARDMS will tell you to find an ultrasound school to search CAAHEOP and if it isn't listed they do not recommend it. Once again they are non-profit and have nothing to gain from this. People have to pay for license renewals and registry regardless so they are not gaining from saying this , simply the truth. Also what is moot? Your post above says moot? If you are saying it is only mandatory in some offices and clinics, it is actually reverse of that, it is only NOT mandatory in some office and clinics, like 10%..

Meant CAAHEP not CAAHEOP, what is that:)

64 months ago

Lea Newland in Wildomar, California said: You are correct about ARDMS being non-profit that's good actually now i don't have to worry if that law passes when i get registered that i'll have to register with another body after that, that might change the pre-requisites around, i want to know where the money goes though how much are the tests for nurses does anyone know? Or MRI?Plus you have to continually pay to keep your license...so much money they must get.
And where did they lie on paper? i have all of the papers from way back in october of 2008 when i decided to go for it, they did say they are accredited with ACCSCT ON paper in the same sentence (and website)..i have never seen it written without who they were accredited with anywhere. Outside of So-CAl west coasts reputation will be nothing anyhow if they were sued but i have yet to see unless there is some serious written proof of lying that they will be able to be sued. As far as students finishing without meeting the requirements since you can't elaborate then i'm baffled what that means, they don't go to clinical sites? They don't finish year ends? They don't make up hours? what..? What is it about the dept. of education that you don't believe?

One again they graduated students who did not pass certain exams or did not take them, we have proof of that. It is beyond the accreditation thing though I have proof of that as well. Once again it is one of those things you listed that was not completed, but they handed diplomas out to those students anyways. Definately fraud! You wouldn't believe me if a police officer knocked ont he door and told you so I will not go into any more depth because I have to protect myself and the lawsuit. ONCE again I have written proof of lying. They also ammended the papers since 2007 when I signed up. Also their rep is tainted outside of California, they have been sending students out of state for year because they can't find jobs in California.

64 months ago

The offices and clinics that do not accept medicare it is moot that is what i meant. It's a requirement of ICAEL and ICAVL labs as well as anyone accepting medicare,however i specifically know some cardiologists offices that have WCUI grads that accept medicare and have working techs not registered with ARDMS, they are not the ONLY tech there though, there is at least 1 registered tech that is the lead, i think that's where the line starts to get fuzzy because they can use that one registered tech on the reports to make it "official". In the end if it's not a law to be registered to work, then you can't sue the school for saying "it's optional" because it's up to the student to choose to get registered, i don't recall seeing it say it's optional on paperwork but i remember hearing it and they also said it's strongly advised if you want to get paid more. True there are fewer jobs for those that are not registered, if only 10% of places as you say don't require it, then the majority of WCUI has to find a job at one of these places, hard I know. But again until the government (federal and/or state) do something about making sure every state has this requirement as a LAW then these schools will continue to evade being sued.

64 months ago

Lea Newland in Wildomar, California said: The offices and clinics that do not accept medicare it is moot that is what i meant. It's a requirement of ICAEL and ICAVL labs as well as anyone accepting medicare,however i specifically know some cardiologists offices that have WCUI grads that accept medicare and have working techs not registered with ARDMS, they are not the ONLY tech there though, there is at least 1 registered tech that is the lead, i think that's where the line starts to get fuzzy because they can use that one registered tech on the reports to make it "official". In the end if it's not a law to be registered to work, then you can't sue the school for saying "it's optional" because it's up to the student to choose to get registered, i don't recall seeing it say it's optional on paperwork but i remember hearing it and they also said it's strongly advised if you want to get paid more. True there are fewer jobs for those that are not registered, if only 10% of places as you say don't require it, then the majority of WCUI has to find a job at one of these places, hard I know. But again until the government (federal and/or state) do something about making sure every state has this requirement as a LAW then these schools will continue to evade being sued.

I actually have a paper from them saying optional in my hand right now. The paper even says 2010 so they are saying this now. And it is not up to the student to get registered if the student can't get a job. You need to get a job to get registered and if WCUI enrolls students every week which they do at the Bev Hills campus like they do it is hard to get a job. They also told me it was very easy to get one which is a LIE. So about the giving diplomas to students that have paperwork saying they failed a test or did not even take a test, do you think that is ok too? That's not fraud?

64 months ago

itain'thardtotell in Los Angeles, California said: I actually have a paper from them saying optional in my hand right now. The paper even says 2010 so they are saying this now. And it is not up to the student to get registered if the student can't get a job. You need to get a job to get registered and if WCUI enrolls students every week which they do at the Bev Hills campus like they do it is hard to get a job. They also told me it was very easy to get one which is a LIE. So about the giving diplomas to students that have paperwork saying they failed a test or did not even take a test, do you think that is ok too? That's not fraud?

They also did not have students sign a paper saying I know if I do not get registered I may not be able to get a job. Which is exactly the case.Graduating from WCUI without a bachelor makes it almost impossible to get a job with the number of students they churn out, some that should not even graduate. It's like having a Limited X Ray license but worst! There is also wholes in their contracts which cannot stand legally but I will not get into that because their staff reads this board and also replies pretending they are students. How do I know, someone who worked there while going there told me!

64 months ago

I dont disbelieve you Actually I just think the school is Wiley and it will be hard to win but if you have documeted proof good luck to you I made peace with my own decision awhile ago given my situation leaving the state is an optionim fine with I don't think. This school is not well known all over the US and students have posted they have gotten jobs out there and kept them through their own hardwork and their education so their employer can't discredit the school then unless the students themselves do the bashing all I know is alot of people in our class do the bare minimum and get by and they don't know what they are looking at and those people too I can see school bashing on here later when they can't find jobs

64 months ago

Please forgive my typos as well I am using my iPod keypad

64 months ago

Lea Newland in Wildomar, California said: The offices and clinics that do not accept medicare it is moot that is what i meant. It's a requirement of ICAEL and ICAVL labs as well as anyone accepting medicare,however i specifically know some cardiologists offices that have WCUI grads that accept medicare and have working techs not registered with ARDMS, they are not the ONLY tech there though, there is at least 1 registered tech that is the lead, i think that's where the line starts to get fuzzy because they can use that one registered tech on the reports to make it "official". In the end if it's not a law to be registered to work, then you can't sue the school for saying "it's optional" because it's up to the student to choose to get registered, i don't recall seeing it say it's optional on paperwork but i remember hearing it and they also said it's strongly advised if you want to get paid more. True there are fewer jobs for those that are not registered, if only 10% of places as you say don't require it, then the majority of WCUI has to find a job at one of these places, hard I know. But again until the government (federal and/or state) do something about making sure every state has this requirement as a LAW then these schools will continue to evade being sued.

Western Career College was sued for their ultrasound program, so these schools are actually not evading it. They are not even the only one who has been sued.
Google western career college and KRCA New, Indeed is not letting me post the link!
Sued for the same reason! They even signed papers saying the school was not CAAHEP and were able to sue!

can in Los Angeles, California

64 months ago

Let me say this. I have been in management in the medical field for the last 20yrs. Cardiology in the las 10 years, effective 2009 to be an echocardiographic tech in a hospital setting, you have to be RDCS. if you work there and you don't pass within 1 year of employment, they will terminate your employment regardless how long you been working there. I a private setting like a doctors office, their lab has to be registered, that means either the physician is registered or the echo tech. Therefore, if you dont't get the proper training in school, the likelyhood of passing the RDCS test is dimminished. Schools like WEST COAST ULTRASOUND in Beverly Hills will not prepare you to pass.

64 months ago

Lea in Sun City, California said: I dont disbelieve you Actually I just think the school is Wiley and it will be hard to win but if you have documeted proof good luck to you I made peace with my own decision awhile ago given my situation leaving the state is an optionim fine with I don't think. This school is not well known all over the US and students have posted they have gotten jobs out there and kept them through their own hardwork and their education so their employer can't discredit the school then unless the students themselves do the bashing all I know is alot of people in our class do the bare minimum and get by and they don't know what they are looking at and those people too I can see school bashing on here later when they can't find jobs

That's why I say the bachelor holding students will be fine and have nothing against them. No ones diplomas will be taken if the school gets sued. Even the people who sue can still keep them as the lawyer told me. But I do think they can be taken down because Western Career College has 9 locations versus WCUI's 3 locations and even they were taken down. Western Career Colleges is ran by Apollo Colleges and was featured on KRCA News and had to pay out to 9 DMS students. They were featured on KRCA new up North and misrepresenting job placement percentages and unqualified teachers.By the way the students that externship at the school (they have a clinic, are only there 16-20 hours a week. They get their at 8:30 and leave at 12:30, 1:30 being the latest but they have them write 32 hrs because that is what is required to run an externship. That's falsifying hours and I have proof.

64 months ago

can in Los Angeles, California said: Let me say this. I have been in management in the medical field for the last 20yrs. Cardiology in the las 10 years, effective 2009 to be an echocardiographic tech in a hospital setting, you have to be RDCS. if you work there and you don't pass within 1 year of employment, they will terminate your employment regardless how long you been working there. I a private setting like a doctors office, their lab has to be registered, that means either the physician is registered or the echo tech. Therefore, if you dont't get the proper training in school, the likelyhood of passing the RDCS test is dimminished. Schools like WEST COAST ULTRASOUND in Beverly Hills will not prepare you to pass.

My point exactly which is why WCUI should be sued for misrepresentation of Registry being optional. Their education is limited and that was not explained to us.

64 months ago

I know people who have passed their registries that went to this school an others like it and I was given enough in physics as well to pass with a 665 last month passing those tests requires really good note taking and more than one source of info the school gave us one physics and I used davies and they've given us 3for echo and again I'll use davies when I graduate I did 120 questions nightly to pass during physics even caahep students use multiple sources to pass only the year of trying to work and not studying are the real problem if it's not kept fresh in your head it's too many details as you know

64 months ago

Lea in Sun City, California said: I know people who have passed their registries that went to this school an others like it and I was given enough in physics as well to pass with a 665 last month passing those tests requires really good note taking and more than one source of info the school gave us one physics and I used davies and they've given us 3for echo and again I'll use davies when I graduate I did 120 questions nightly to pass during physics even caahep students use multiple sources to pass only the year of trying to work and not studying are the real problem if it's not kept fresh in your head it's too many details as you know

The SPI is easy compared to the real modalities like Abdomen, OB-Pelvic etc. These are the exams that make you registered. Physics is just physics it's not a credential until you take the hard stuff. I realize you are Echo but I was speaking about DMS job positions. I have seen some Echo students get jobs without a bachelor but specifically DMS,the pictures are harder to read sometimes and some students that were hired at the Bev Hills campus and had been working there for a while had to take. them a few times to pass. But once again I am speaking about General. The employers are also picky it seems when hiring DMS students, why I don't know. Vascular I find it quite easy, I find Pelvic the hardest, you need very good eyes. A few people in my class already passed SPI.

Regrets going to WCUI in Valencia, California

64 months ago

All I have to say is that if I could go back and change things I would never waste my TIME and MONEY on this school. I DO have a B.S. degree and I'm at the same level as every single one of my classmates from WCUI. From all of the students I met including students 3 Mods ahead of me.....I can say that MAYBE only 5 people have jobs out of about 60 students. We all still keep in touch and are updated on each others situations. The Career Center is a joke....they do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help you out. Its pretty sad that 75% of the people I know that finished the program are thinking about going BACK to school and doing something else. DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT waste your time...and if your IN the school...get out!

Dominic Valerian in Oakland, California

63 months ago

My law firm, Gallo & Associates, is investigating the recruiting practices at West Coast Ultrasound Institute and suspects they are fraudulent. If you have information about West Coast Ultrasound Institute's recruiting practices, we would like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Dominic Valeriam
dvalerian@gallo-law.com

xray rt in Gilbert, Arizona

62 months ago

if all of you would have just understood that you have to have a two year allied health degree then you are in the clear the school does not have to be caheep certified. but all of you people want a short cut and when it does not work you all want to cry about it do some researxh . you can go on the ardms web site and there is a pre req form with some questions on that will help to see if you are eligable to sit for ther cert. and DMS is not harder then echo do not let people lie to you like that. the hardest ultra sound job out there is fetal echo

emm in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

lea-
Im currently looking the mri program at wcui. You seem to be the go to person for advise on this blog. My question is are there as many issues with mri and proper quals and externship placement etc... thanks

truthful in Paramus, New Jersey

62 months ago

emm in Los Angeles, California said: lea-
Im currently looking the mri program at wcui. You seem to be the go to person for advise on this blog. My question is are there as many issues with mri and proper quals and externship placement etc... thanks

sorry to say this but mri jobs are scarce to find also. many employers like mri technologists who also graduated from an accredited xray program regardless if both modalities are completely different. 30k for mri education is not worth it and if you are going for mri, i would suggest a hospital based program not a private trade school. even that i wouldn't suggest it since there's not much jobs and it is very rare that an employer will hire a technologist who only does mri honestly esp in this cost saving economy. gluck to you. fyi, forget about ARMIT, what matters is the ARRT (MR) to employers across the nation.

Marlene G, in Plano, Texas

61 months ago

itain'thardtotell in Los Angeles, California said: That is not the same Myra Chason. Two different people.

FYI... The Myra Chason who owns WCUI is the same actress from the 80s, with the bad reviews, who comes up when you Google her. she used to brag about her acting career when I took her ultrasound class. Too bad her ultrasound teaching was no better than her acting.

Kathy Lee in Queen Creek, Arizona

61 months ago

I thinking bout attending West Coast. After reading all the reviews, I not so sure anymore. Will I be able to find a job after I finish with West Coast?

Bacibear in Burbank, California

60 months ago

I graduated from WCUI and have my RDCS. Before enrolling, I suggest you look at Sonography online job listings. They ALL want you to have PAID EXPERIENCE. The fact is in the current economy, your competition is 100's of experienced sonographers. From talking to other people, the graduates who get jobs either have connections in the medical field or go to the top externship sites. WCUI has a real shortage of good quality externship sites.

You don't have to believe me - take a look for yourself at the online job postings.

almost duped! in Chandler, Arizona

60 months ago

xray rt in Gilbert, Arizona said: if all of you would have just understood that you have to have a two year allied health degree then you are in the clear the school does not have to be caheep certified. but all of you people want a short cut and when it does not work you all want to cry about it do some researxh . you can go on the ardms web site and there is a pre req form with some questions on that will help to see if you are eligable to sit for ther cert. and DMS is not harder then echo do not let people lie to you like that. the hardest ultra sound job out there is fetal echo

Actually, MOST hospitals state in online job postings that the applicant must have attended an ACCREDITED school and have their ARDMS licensing. Do a search on career builder and just put in ultrasound. Look at the job descriptions and requirements. Out of every 5 listings, at least 3 want you to have gone to an accredited school. Why spend 20K on a school that may/may not educate you enough to get a good job? I am an RT(R)and put in my $75 application fee only to find these posts. Thank goodness I didn't go ahead and enroll. I am looking for an accredited program even if that means I have to move to attend one. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. DON'T BE FOOLED!

RanchoMel in Rancho Cucamonga, California

60 months ago

I am in the process of enrolling for the upcoming July 2010 DMS classes at WCUI. I have not paid any fees yet but have applied for financial aid and took that entrance exam. Any words of wisdom (Something positive PLEASE) to help me out while I wait for class to start????...Like any good books to pick up and start reading to prepare myself for what I am getting myself into!!!!

former WCUI student in Hacienda Heights, California

60 months ago

RanchoMel in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: I am in the process of enrolling for the upcoming July 2010 DMS classes at WCUI. I have not paid any fees yet but have applied for financial aid and took that entrance exam. Any words of wisdom (Something positive PLEASE) to help me out while I wait for class to start????...Like any good books to pick up and start reading to prepare myself for what I am getting myself into!!!!

run away from this school...run fast!!!! and dont turn back choose a college instead.

60 months ago

As I said in an earlier comment, look at the current job openings. They all required 2-3 years experience. There are virtually no jobs for Graduates. I applied to a position for a Hospital in Burbank. A good friend of mine knows the hiring manager, and personally handed my resume and cover letter to him. He told my friend that he received 100+ applications, MANY with 2-3 years experience. So, even with an inside contact, I could not even get an interview.

When I went to West Coast, they said that 85% of the students get jobs. That number is based on old info. Since the economy collapsed, employees can be very choosey.

So, unless you have a relative or friend that can open doors, be prepared for a job search that may stretch into years.

changeditagainwhocares in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

RanchoMel in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: I am in the process of enrolling for the upcoming July 2010 DMS classes at WCUI. I have not paid any fees yet but have applied for financial aid and took that entrance exam. Any words of wisdom (Something positive PLEASE) to help me out while I wait for class to start????...Like any good books to pick up and start reading to prepare myself for what I am getting myself into!!!!

I cannot say it enough and neither can other students who were duped on here, DO NOT GO544 THERE! If you do just say hello so years of high loan payments and not a sonography job in sight!

changeditagainwhocares in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

Sorry Not sure how the numbers after the word go got there. But yeah AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

60 months ago

If they tell you 85% of grads get jobs, try this: Tell them you will pay the entire cost of the program plus $5000 with 20% of your paycheck from your first Sonographer job until the entire school cost is paid. Le's see if they will put their money where their mouth is...

Kaz48 in Los Angeles, California

59 months ago

Veronica in Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California said: In reply to lisssssssssssssss's question above. I am a graduate from the DMS program here at WCUI, and I have to say withouth bias obviously that that this school really helped me with every question/concerns that I had from the day that I requested information about the program, until the day that I graduated. The admissions department and the job placement/career center in particular are extremely helpful, and know every student that I had familiarized myself with personally. They placed me into my externship site 5 days after I had graduated. Paul in the job placement center was extremely helpful in finding me an employer, about two weeks after my externship ended I was hired at an imaging center making 27 dollars an hour. I am not sure why you would think this school is a scam. They even let you sit in the classrooms and speak to the students themselves. What better way to find out about the school than to come and talk to actual students on campus, that way you are guaranteed that it is not a scam, and better yet, visit the admissions office and they will swipe you off your feet. Good luck with everything

Good for you Veronica !! That's what I'm talking about ! And I'm sure you were a hard working student and it showed in your ability to scan, thus probably why you were able to get a job. I'm in the Echo program and I LOVE IT !!! the lab instructors DO NOT BULL SH*T anyone around with the reality of how it works when your done with school and finding a job. YOU HAVE TO WORK HARD AND EARN IT ! and for those that do..... YOU WILL FIND WORK ! Happy to hear of some positive comments on this forum. Everyone remember.... For the most part, nothing is just easily handed over to you in life, you control you future and what you put forth into making things happen.

UltraTech1985 in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

I have been looking around for a fast-track ultrasound program and ran into WCUI. Last Friday I visited Ontario Campus and met Cindy.
I learned that Beverly Hill Campus is another one close to my home. Is Beverly Hill Campus better than Ontario?
Most curiously, will I be able to find a job after paying more than 30,000? I have a BS already and was told I qualify for the ARDMS test right after graduation. Even though, a little bit worried...
WCUI graduates, please comment. Greatly appreciate your opinion!

WCUI is run by lowlife scum theives. in Pasadena, California

58 months ago

PLEASE RUN THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS SCAM SCHOOL!!!! Just type in "WEST COAST ULTRASOUND" on the search bar on top of this forum and you will see the stories of people who have been scam from this school and not having been able to find a job to pay back their students loans. Once again STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL!!! I know that all the heartless theives thats involve with that scam school will get whats coming to them in the future!!

UltraTech1985 in Los Angeles, California said: I have been looking around for a fast-track ultrasound program and ran into WCUI. Last Friday I visited Ontario Campus and met Cindy.
I learned that Beverly Hill Campus is another one close to my home. Is Beverly Hill Campus better than Ontario?
Most curiously, will I be able to find a job after paying more than 30,000? I have a BS already and was told I qualify for the ARDMS test right after graduation. Even though, a little bit worried...

Tamara in Burbank, California

58 months ago

Hey Low Life Scum from Pasadena...what you are stating here is slander. If anyone from there reads this, can be upheld in court if they choose to prosecute. Just an FYI for you. You can't go around stating comments like that, ie "heartless theives" yes there is freedom of speech, but to a certain level. Oh and threats like "they will get whats coming to them" won't look to good when YOU ARE BEING SUED!!!!

xoxo in Norfolk, Virginia

58 months ago

Tamara in Burbank, California said: Hey Low Life Scum from Pasadena...what you are stating here is slander. If anyone from there reads this, can be upheld in court if they choose to prosecute. Just an FYI for you. You can't go around stating comments like that, ie "heartless theives" yes there is freedom of speech, but to a certain level. Oh and threats like "they will get whats coming to them" won't look to good when YOU ARE BEING SUED!!!!

You're absolutely right. However it's Libel because it's written. Slander is spoken. The threats could be considered assault. Scum among others don't think what they are doing is wrong because they believe that are telling the truth and have "proof". However, they could be in serious trouble because nothing has been proven and the "case" is pending. In fact they are breaking the Defamation of Character Law. If there is an actual investigation occurring I'd be surprised if the defending lawyers are not watching this forum anonymously. I've warned others about doing this before.

Cartele in Charlotte, North Carolina

57 months ago

I am glad to hear that I am about to enroll it seems like a great school to me. It appears that most people who have went to West Coast have found jobs. Is this true?

newby in Canoga Park, California

57 months ago

I was just wondering about graduates finding work upon graduation and ARDMS certification. I talked to several hospitals who require CAAHEP accredited school, has anyone else ran into that problem when graduation from an ACCSC accredited school?

sonographer in Santa Clara, California

57 months ago

I went to WCUI and I actually enjoyed it. I did the weekend program since I had to keep my full time job to pay for bills. I really liked the teacher I had for the didactic portion and learned a lot from two of the lab instructors there (there were four when I went there but only two were really good). I just graduated at the end of February and I'm ARDMS certified in OB/GYN. I had my Bachelors to begin with so I didn't really worry about not being able to sit for the exmas. I'm not gonna say that this school is for everyone. But I really do believe you get out of it what you put into it. If you don't have a BA or BS I would definitely recommend going to a school that gives you an Associates or a Bachelors in ultrasound. Otherwise you won't be able to sit for your ARDMS exams until you have 1 year paid experience.

I am ,however, in the same boat as a lot of graduates from any ultrasound program. Jobs are really hard to get. Right now I work on call for two 3D/4D places and do some volunteer job at a diagnostic clinic.

No one can guarantee you that you will find a job after any kind of education. Just keep your head up (which I'm trying to do haha) and hopefully something will come up.

Peanut6116 in West Covina, California

57 months ago

UltraTech1985 in Los Angeles, California said: I have been looking around for a fast-track ultrasound program and ran into WCUI. Last Friday I visited Ontario Campus and met Cindy.

DO NOT attend the WCUI Ontario Campus. They are not together. They tell you nothing but lies.... Cindy has no clue. Lorena will change your records to fit her needs..... You have to work one year in the field before you can test for your certificate.... Beverly Hills Campus may be a better choice for you.

newby in Canoga Park, California

57 months ago

I am attending the fall quarter for the first time at the Beverly Hills campus. I too have a Bachelors degree. I checked with the ARDMS website that shows that I do qualify to take the ARDMS right after graduation because of my degree. We should both be OK.

Concerned in Saint Paul, Minnesota

57 months ago

Have you checked out www.tradeschoolalert.com?

agchick84 in Phelan, California

55 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a good ultrasound technician school in southern california. Can anyone give me the best places to apply for?

Thanks!
Ashley

Jhurrault in Camarillo, California

55 months ago

Unless you have contacts that can get you a job, don't waste your money. Look at the job ads. EVERYONE wants 1-2 years PAID experience. It is virtually impossible to get that first job!

Only in Ontario in Upland, California

55 months ago

itain'thardtotell in Los Angeles, California said: That is not the same Myra Chason. Two different people.

Are you SERIOUS!! It is her, so stop spreading LIES!! I attended WCUI and asked her myself (in a room full of other people)...guess what, she said it was in FACT her!!

Only in Ontario in Upland, California

55 months ago

can in Torrance, California said: the lvn program that they offer is pretty new, therefore there is no history of the nclex lvn passing grade thru the state of california. if you want a good school go to the california lvn board website they will give you passing grades of local schools in your area. What you need to look for are schools that their passing score are above 80% for 3 consecutive years.

Their LVN program for the Graduating class of Jan. 2010 was 100% but it was only 6 students that worked their asses off and spent just as much time off campus preparing as they did in class!!

the truth in Los Angeles, California

55 months ago

Jason Garcia in Ontario, California said: This is not true I'm a student there now and no way they can have a student working there they are not Everest College or UEI and even ACC that is what they do. And look at a community college and add all the years you will be there and books, and all the other stuff you will need. And it will come out to alot more money then this. And they WONT HELP YOU GET A JOB FOR NOTHING IN THE WORLD I MEAN THE COMMUNITY COLLEGES SO GOOD LUCK WITH THAT JERK

Honestly I know alot about WCUI it used to be a great school when all the instructors where registered and had at least five year expierence most of them had more than ten. Then the school became all about the money the admissions reps. do get commission. Most lab intructor are old grads that haven't found a good steady job. They might tell you that this is not true, but I know first hand I worked there when I was a student and I was fortunate to go to the school when the school had a good rep. and when they actually cared about their students and not about the money, also a couple of my friends still work their so I do know what is really going on. Just to give you an example about lab instructors in ontario on instructor is a new grad the couldn't get a job, and the reason he could get a job was because of his drug problem and he wasn't all that great. Honestly I know many people that have not found a job and honestly I think it best to go the community college because it is cheaper and they have better reps. Recently we had a position open and we only interview people with expeirence and those who went to a community college because they are better trained then those from a vocational school. We have interviewed people from WCUI and they don't even know their basic anatomy. Also to find a job with no experience is hard and the medical is about who you know don't spend 36,000 dollars for a school with a bad rep unless you are already have job lined up for you.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.