WEST COAST ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE: TOP SCHOOL AND NOT CORPORATE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 357)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

MRIguy in Burbank, California

32 months ago

The MRI program at WCUI is top notch. The faculty is very knowledgable and the curriculm is very comprehensive. The only drawback to the program, is when you graduate, you are only able to sit for the ARMRIT exam, not the ARRT exam. ARRT is more prevelant in the industry at this time becasue of (longevity, business interests). But, ARMRIT technologists are more highly trained. Plenty of imaging sites hire ARMRIT MRI technologists and ACR has accepted ARMRIT techologists as part of their accreditation of sites. As everything else, its all about what you do with the information. I hope this was helpful...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FedUp with WCUI in Loma Linda, California

31 months ago

MRI Guy
I'm happy you had a good experience, but I can tell you it is quite a different story with the DMS program. The regulations and requirement are completely changing as of 1/1/12. The school was FULLY aware that incoming students were not going to meet those requirements and did not inform the students. THEY ARE FRAUDS AND WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Los Angeles, California

30 months ago

Run away as fast as you can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

stephhh in simi valley, California

30 months ago

ok , so ive been trying to do as much research as possible on utrasound schools. im so overwhelmed. i want get in this field, but reading i need a b.a of some sort to get started. do i go to a community college do all pre-req's/ gen and then attend a school for ultrasound? or can i start here at west coast? any thoughts? feedback would be lovely! thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sophi in Riverside, California

30 months ago

how about cas loma is it a good shool

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

drank the kool aid in Phoenix, Arizona

30 months ago

Who is interested in the phone # for the guy who investagates post secondary schools in AZ?

You don't have to give your name!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BranP in Porterville, California

30 months ago

Hi everyone,

All your posts are very interesting. I'm looking to get into the DMS field as well, and all the schools in Cali have a wait list, and to be honest...I'm not that patient. I have a A.A. degree in Health Information Management, does that help me as far as not needing to do the "extra 12 hours" of externship? Or does it NEED to be a BA? Also, I've heard from EVERYONE to not go to a school thats not accredited, but is this correct? Ugh so much confusion! Anyone's answers would be helpful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

isatere in Cape Coral, Florida

30 months ago

Good thing someone have good luck. I didn't have it and that was a cloud over me that was difficult to identify. This reflect in your resume and demeanor. I have to shake it and sit all over again and turn the negative into positive. If a student have good lab and can demonstrate it it will be fine even if the school was crapy. Fight for the internship beg, plead whatever it takes to have a job experience. Practice makes the difference!!!!!

purnawan in Jakarta, Indonesia

29 months ago

thanks for the information you submit

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jazz in Riverside, California

29 months ago

So im bout 2 graduate high school and i looked into thiz West Coast Ultrasound I.School in Ontario..N reading all thiz feedbck from people are makin it very confusing 4 me 2 decide??..Is there any1 that has graduated from thiz school &is payin off in the long run?? Would really appriciate it if any1 would let me know about thiz??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

WTF in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

A lot of places dont care about if I have my ARMRIT, looks like4 i'll be working at Pizza Hut trying to pay the school their 30000 back,wtf! I go to school at Beverly Hills WCUI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

thanks for the information

29 months ago

thanks for the information

kim tran in Rosemead, California

28 months ago

Ive been graduated from this school for almost 3 yrs and couldn't find a job till now cuz I dont have any experiences. No experiences>>>> No job >>>>>can't sit for ARDMS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Courtney in Idyllwild, California

28 months ago

allison in Hemet, California said: hi lea thanks for replying so fast! you actually live close to my parents. =] thats kind of cool but anyways, i do know a couple rns from hemet hospital and some other rns from rancho springs. and obviously some docs. from where i work. so i bet i could get connections easily with pp i know with pp they know (does that make any sense?) i was reading on another form from someone that went to wcui and they finally got to sit for there board but now they are nt getting jobs at hospitals because they are saying they have to have gone to a credited school also. but i would not think that should matter because you have sat for your board and passed.do you agree?

hi allison my name is courtney and i live in hemet as well...i am trying to find a school that is good to go to...i was wondering what u had accomplished because i know that your comment was from over 2 years ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dviola in Los Angeles, California

28 months ago

Hello Everyone,

I'm from Florida but I recently moved to California. I'm trying to find a Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program and I ran accross WCUI. I'm contemplating on going there or Cypress. I keep reading mixed comments and I would like a sincere answer from a previous student who went to WCUI and completed the Ultrasound Program. Was is sucessful? Did you find a job? Please let me know, Thank you!

Dviola in Los Angeles, California

28 months ago

I apologize for misspelling… I’m at work and in a rush:\

Cardiac in Irvine, California

27 months ago

kim tran in Rosemead, California said: Ive been graduated from this school for almost 3 yrs and couldn't find a job till now cuz I dont have any experiences. No experiences>>>> No job >>>>>can't sit for ARDMS.

Hi Kim,
I am senior at this school right now and so worry when I hear your story. Think about moving out of CA to find Echo Tech job! Any recommendation?
Thanks, KIM

Anonymous in Mira Loma, California

25 months ago

stephhh in simi valley, California said: ok , so ive been trying to do as much research as possible on utrasound schools. im so overwhelmed. i want get in this field, but reading i need a b.a of some sort to get started. do i go to a community college do all pre-req's/ gen and then attend a school for ultrasound? or can i start here at west coast? any thoughts? feedback would be lovely! thanks

Stephh,

You do not have to have your BA to start the ultrasound program at West Coast Ultrasound Institute, you do have to pass an entrance exam but you do not need a bachelors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ja081509 in Avondale, Arizona

25 months ago

Jason Garcia in Ontario, California said: I love WCUI this is my second time around, they have great teachers and great people helping me. I'm glad i found them when i did i was going to go to a community college but I'm glad i didn't because it was a waste of time. I don't understand all of these people talking all this stuff about my college why don't you guys get a life and don't hate my school. And its is your choice to come here or not....you knew what your where getting into before you started. This is not a corp. school they are not commission employees they help you because they want to. And by the way I make 35hr to start at a site they found for me at a great hospital so no its not over priced you guys are just cheap. So keep your saying to yourself no one cares Juliet!

Did you have any problem with getting a job since it wasnt accredited by CAAHEP?

Muhammad-Ali in Fontana, California

22 months ago

OneMadAsHellStudent in Redondo Beach, California said: I'm very disappointed in this school. WCUI has the talk but not the ....... I'm reporting WCUI and Myra Chason to the Department of Education and the Better Business Bureau so an investigation will be done. A lot of students who graduated from here especially at the Beverly Hills Branch CAN NOT find an mri job. We need our money back.

Hi,
Its not nice to know what have you been through. Let me tell you this... when I attended the orientation (2006) .. they told me straight out that you will 'never' find MRI job in a Hospital, because they require you to be ARRT. Btw you should do your own research 'before' getting into a program.

E in Long Beach, California

22 months ago

How can going to cc be a waste of time. From a time stand point vs the excelerated program from a private non-accredited or accredited school, yes, but there is a significant cost savings as well to consider. Same question, how has your job search been since your externship? assuming that you were not hired after to aquire your 12 months of clinical exp. You must have had to get a job on your own. The reason I am asking is because I am looking to go to an unaccredited school (WCUI). Any feedback would be greatly welcomed.

E

ja081509 in Avondale, Arizona said: Did you have any problem with getting a job since it wasnt accredited by CAAHEP?

22 months ago

How can going to cc be a waste of time. From a time stand point vs the excelerated program from a private non-accredited or accredited school, yes, but there is a significant cost savings as well to consider. Same question, how has your job search been since your externship? assuming that you were not hired after to aquire your 12 months of clinical exp. You must have had to get a job on your own. The reason I am asking is because I am looking to go to an unaccredited school (WCUI). Any feedback would be greatly welcomed.

E

ja081509 in Avondale, Arizona said: Did you have any problem with getting a job since it wasnt accredited by CAAHEP?

22 months ago

I am also considering going to WCUI and this is the first post I've read of someone who finished the program and was hired directly from their externship. I agree, idealy, if you go to WCUI. That seems to be the ticket. To get hirect directly via your externship.

AngelC in Stanton, California said: Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I am here like everyone else doing some research on WCUI. My situation is a little diffrent. I was at St.Josephs Hospital in Orange Ca this morning with my mother because she had a minor stroke. She is much better, but I had the chance to talk to a Echotech who performed a cardiac ultrasound on my mother today. She was very nice and very informative. I explained to her that I was working on my pre-reqs at Cypress College and that after that there was still a 3 to 5 year waiting list. She told me about WCUI. She finished the program in 18 months. She was sent to St Josephs to do her externship and they liked her and hired her. She sat in for her RDCS certification and I asked her if WCUI was accredited by CAHEEP and she told me no that all her co-workers also have there RDCS and were all hired by hospial. She told me she highly recommends the school and it was worth the money spent because of no waiting list and she was able to find work right away. So Im here reading up like everyone else and I have an appt to speak with a person named Cyndi on Sat morning in Ontario. I am still a little nervous about the school not being accredited by CAHEEP but I feel a little at ease knowing Ive met someone who went to this school and found a very good job. I have worked in the healthcare field for 13 years and am currently working for CHOC Childrens hospital of Orange County so I am confident of having the oportunity for work as a tech. Sorry it was so long, I just wanted to share my day and the reason Im on this forum today. Any other info, or advice would be greatly appreciated.d

Thank you, e
Ang

22 months ago

Hi. I'm in the process of considering the DMS unaccredited program at WCUI in CA. It's been a year for you. Can you comment how things are going for you? I've dont all the research I can do. I know what I would be getting myself into by going to an unaccredited program vs an accredited one but reading all these comments is scaring the hell out of me. I'm going to invest a lot of money and want to know.
Thanks
E

kl in Mesa, Arizona said: Someone please tell me I am not crazy for starting the ultrasound program at WCUI in Phx in October. Holy crap this forum has me scared to death that I just signed my life away. From no jobs to not being able to qualify for a job because it doesn't have the proper accreditation.....

Anyone complete the program and find a job?

22 months ago

Hello Lily,
I'm wondering how things went with your DMS school? I am also considering going to WCUI and would like to know what your thoughts are.

Thanks.
E

Lily y in chino, California said: Hi
I am wondering if I should take Diagnostic Medical Sono AOS or Cardiovascular Sono AOS? I am already 40 + and don't want to make any wrong decisions…..
Should I go to community college instead of WCUI? But it’ll take too long. Thank you so much for you help!

22 months ago

Hello Mel,
I'm in the process of enrolling in WCUI and would like to get some feedback from you on your experiences with WCUI. Your post was July 2010. Are you done? Have you gotten your 12months of exp under your belt yet? Have you gotten your ARDMS?

Would love to hear back from you on here or via my email. chilincharlie@yahoo.com

Thank you
E

RanchoMel in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: I am in the process of enrolling for the upcoming July 2010 DMS classes at WCUI. I have not paid any fees yet but have applied for financial aid and took that entrance exam. Any words of wisdom (Something positive PLEASE) to help me out while I wait for class to start????...Like any good books to pick up and start reading to prepare myself for what I am getting myself into!!!!

22 months ago

If your Bachelors is in Sonography, Vascular, etc. Then yes, you can sit for the ARDMS exams with no 12 mo work exp but if your Bachelors is not in Sonography, Vascualar, etc. You will still have to get the 12months of work exp. ARDMS Pre-Req 3B.

sonographer in Santa Clara, California said: I went to WCUI and I actually enjoyed it. I did the weekend program since I had to keep my full time job to pay for bills. I really liked the teacher I had for the didactic portion and learned a lot from two of the lab instructors there (there were four when I went there but only two were really good). I just graduated at the end of February and I'm ARDMS certified in OB/GYN. I had my Bachelors to begin with so I didn't really worry about not being able to sit for the exmas. I'm not gonna say that this school is for everyone. But I really do believe you get out of it what you put into it. If you don't have a BA or BS I would definitely recommend going to a school that gives you an Associates or a Bachelors in ultrasound. Otherwise you won't be able to sit for your ARDMS exams until you have 1 year paid experience.

I am ,however, in the same boat as a lot of graduates from any ultrasound program. Jobs are really hard to get. Right now I work on call for two 3D/4D places and do some volunteer job at a diagnostic clinic.

No one can guarantee you that you will find a job after any kind of education . Just keep your head up (which I'm trying to do haha) and hopefully something will come up.

22 months ago

Hello,
I'm considering going to WCUI and would like to know how things have gone for you since your graduation. I agree with your post but in a world of cost vs reward, especially when it involves this kind of montary investment, going to an unaccredited school. The problem seems to be getting that year under your belt to be able to sit for the ARDMS exams, plus a lot of employers seem to ask for 2-5 years of exp. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

E

oioioi in Long Beach, California said: Hi im a student at wcui in my last month of extern, and what it really comes down to is low class unintellegent people and succesful intellegent people. You see them both very clearly in this thread.
In my time at wcui i met lots of great people motivated, smart, friendly etc. but i also met those that thought they were getting a certificate and a job simply by paying 30k and showing up to classes or not showing up to classes. It seemed like it was close to 50/50 those motivated and those who either didnt care or thought they bought theyre education . I had a pretty good experience nothing is perfect I got what i needed out of it and i will be working soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LJK in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

E in Long Beach, California said: Hello Mel,
I'm in the process of enrolling in WCUI and would like to get some feedback from you on your experiences with WCUI. Your post was July 2010. Are you done? Have you gotten your 12months of exp under your belt yet? Have you gotten your ARDMS?

Would love to hear back from you on here or via my email. chilincharlie@yahoo.com

Thank you
E

Hi E,

Did you enroll in the DMS program at WCUI? I'm on the verge of enrolling but I'm on the edge with everyone saying they cannot find a job because it's an AOS degree and that you can't sit for the ARDMS exam etc.

california girl1 in San Francisco, California

16 months ago

LJK in Los Angeles, California said: Hi E,

Did you enroll in the DMS program at WCUI? I'm on the verge of enrolling but I'm on the edge with everyone saying they cannot find a job because it's an AOS degree and that you can't sit for the ARDMS exam etc.

Is WCUI CAAHEP fully accredited? My advice is to ONLY apply to schools that hold this accreditation. For instance if the school has a wait list - it's a good thing! Don't take a short cut and go into an unaccredited program thinking it will pay off with some "extra hard work". It may seem like a good idea and a quick pay off, but trust me, you will not be able to get a job after you graduate. I know for a FACT, that major health care employers, specifically here in California will NOT HIRE graduates from unaccredited schools. (Unaccredited = no educational standards!)

I recommend you do more research outside of these Indeed forums. There are A LOT of posts here with misleading information - most likely created by recruiters from these unaccredited schools whose salaries are directly reflected by enrollment numbers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

california girl1 in San Francisco, California said: Is WCUI CAAHEP fully accredited? My advice is to ONLY apply to schools that hold this accreditation. For instance if the school has a wait list - it's a good thing! Don't take a short cut and go into an unaccredited program thinking it will pay off with some "extra hard work". It may seem like a good idea and a quick pay off, but trust me, you will not be able to get a job after you graduate. I know for a FACT, that major health care employers, specifically here in California will NOT HIRE graduates from unaccredited schools. (Unaccredited = no educational standards!)

I recommend you do more research outside of these Indeed forums. There are A LOT of posts here with misleading information - most likely created by recruiters from these unaccredited schools whose salaries are directly reflected by enrollment numbers.

Thank you for your response. Do employers really look for CAAHEP graduates? I thought they only required you to be a registered ARDMS. The private program I am considering told me that I can take the CCI exam if I start the program by July 1 of this year then I'll be eligible to sit for the ARDMS exam without working 1 year. Can you advise?

16 months ago

Yes, they really look at where you graduated! I believe there are only 6 accredited schools in California so employees are well aware of the accredited schools. For instance there are only 2 accredited schools here in Northern California and all the major clinics and hospitals will only hire graduates of those programs. Of course being registered is also a big part or having the eligibility to take the ARDMS without having to "accrue" hours.

Honestly, I don't really know much about CCI, as most job listings I have come across require ARDMS. I think it is the old registry where ARDMS is the newer registry? I don't know, I could be wrong… Do you have a bachelors degree? I've heard there is a loop hole where you can sit for ARDMS after graduation IF you have a bachelor degree. My advice - make sure you get ALL the information regarding eligibility to taking your boards. Like after you graduate are you eligible to sit for everything for ARDMS? Or just the physics part? Do you have to have so many hours before you can take certain boards? If so, this is a huge red flag! You should be able to sit for any section of ARDMS post graduation.

16 months ago

california girl1 in San Francisco, California said: Yes, they really look at where you graduated! I believe there are only 6 accredited schools in California so employees are well aware of the accredited schools. For instance there are only 2 accredited schools here in Northern California and all the major clinics and hospitals will only hire graduates of those programs. Of course being registered is also a big part or having the eligibility to take the ARDMS without having to "accrue" hours.

Honestly, I don't really know much about CCI, as most job listings I have come across require ARDMS. I think it is the old registry where ARDMS is the newer registry? I don't know, I could be wrong… Do you have a bachelors degree? I've heard there is a loop hole where you can sit for ARDMS after graduation IF you have a bachelor degree. My advice - make sure you get ALL the information regarding eligibility to taking your boards. Like after you graduate are you eligible to sit for everything for ARDMS? Or just the physics part? Do you have to have so many hours before you can take certain boards? If so, this is a huge red flag! You should be able to sit for any section of ARDMS post graduation.

That was very helpful. Thank you so much for your help. I will definitely continue with my research.

16 months ago

Does anyone know if having an AOS degree matters when getting employed or just being an ARDMS registrant the most important factor?

Has anyone taken the CCI exam to be eligible to sit for the ARDMS exam?

16 months ago

LJK in Los Angeles, California said: That was very helpful. Thank you so much for your help. I will definitely continue with my research.

Have you read the "Do not go to ultrasound school unaccredited by CAAHEP" forum? There is a lot of information there... If you are still considering WCIU here are some good questions to ask (copied from MCowan, embedded on p.45/46 in that thread.)

1. Insist on speaking to former and current students.
2. Insist on speaking to the program director (face to face)
3. Make the program director show you proof of at least two years of attrition, registry pass rate, and job placement.
4. If the program is not CAAHEP accredited ask thee PD why not?
5. If they say they are in the process, ask them when they submitted their self-study, and when their site visit is scheduled for. Have them show you proof.
6. Call the radiology director and/or ultrasound supervisor of all the local hospitals and clinics and ask them whet they think of the school and do they hire their graduates?
7. Check with the BBB, JRCDMS, and CAAHEP to see if they have complaints.
8. Get them to provide you a sample of their clinic sites (very important). You don't want to wind up an abortion clinic for 2 years.
9. Vet the program director, check their credentials. Google them. You never know.
10. NEVER EVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE TRUST AN ADMISSIONS REP. They are not your friends.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

annoymous in Moreno Valley, California

14 months ago

I attend WCUI in the MRI AOS program and they are accredited and I love this school. Maybe if those of you who are taking the dms program have a problem then just leave and find another school. As a student in MRI we get the last of everything since its mostly ultrasound since its the name of the school.but even still I enjoy attending even if I drive an hour every other day to get there and 2 hours to get lab hours since there aren't machines at the school. So before you talk bad about the school take a look at how good you have it as opposed to other students in other programs. If you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything at all. I love WCUI and the insructors make learning fun. Sorry dms, MRI is where its at.

Undecided in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

Former and current WCUI students, please share your experience about this school and you job hunt. I'm considering this school (DMS/echo program) but it seems the field is saturated and even sonographers with experience are having hard time to find a job. I visited school several times, admissions/instructors paint great picture for sonographers( about 40% increase, baby boomers will need care and also Obamacare that will inrease number of patients ). However I have my doubts and postponed enrollment before I know all the facts.
Please tell all pros and cons about this school, how long it took you to land your first ultrasound job and how many are still unemployed. I'm not a 20 years old to have more experiments in life, I used to be a physician in my home country and need a job that can feed my family. I do not have time to go through CAAHEP accredited program, it will take years. Please advice, any input is appreciated.

unemployedtech in Gilbert, Arizona

14 months ago

Do not go to West Coast. It is a complete waste of your money and time. I graduated months ago and out of ALL the students that I know. About 150, only 2 of them have part time jobs. Run away fast! They are under review right now bc they are so shady and we can't even take our registry's!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Undecided in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

unemployedtech in Gilbert, Arizona said: Do not go to West Coast. It is a complete waste of your money and time. I graduated months ago and out of ALL the students that I know. About 150, only 2 of them have part time jobs. Run away fast! They are under review right now bc they are so shady and we can't even take our registry's!

Thank you for your input!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kmhbeauty in Murrieta, California

13 months ago

Does anyone have any info on Platt college in Ontario? I know the one in LA is accredited and the Ontario one is not. They both offer a bachelors in DMS. According to ARDMS if you go to a non accredited school who offers a bachelors in DMS you can take the test to get registered right away, same as if you are doing a certificated program that is accredited. The price different is double but the time is about the same seeing as most accredited schools want a good year of pre-reqs. I have a associates in business so I debating if it is better to do the year of pre reqs ( I will get for free with financial aid) and then possibly get into Loma Linda ( 32,000 for program) or is it better to try to get in Platt and pay the extra money. I believe it is still competitive but Im guessing less competitive then Loma Linda. I have a 3.0, Im 27 years old, I just want to have a direction of where I am going. Any advice would help. Ive done hours of research but investing time and a ton of money is scary

Kalia in Huntington Beach, California

13 months ago

kmhbeauty, I am struggling trying to figure out the same thing right now. I went to OCC and was told the waitlist was 5 years and that is AFTER I take an allied health information class. I also went to Cypress College and the lady told me that there is a chance I may never get into the program due to maximum application tries. I am so confused as to what school to attend and have wanted to do this forever. I was also looking into Loma Linda, but don't know anyone that has attended this school and program to get information from. If anyone has attended the DMS at Loma Linda, any information would be greatly appreciated!

kmhbeauty in Murrieta, California

13 months ago

I almost feel like it is a better route in CA to get your bachelors in either science or a "back up" in another field and then just go to a non accredited school. It is literally impossible to get into the accredited schools. I am too very confused on what to do. The scariest thing is putting out all the money and most likely not getting a job in the end. CA is just not the place to be right now for jobs. The economy is crap and will never be the way it use to. I use to be able to point to a place I wanted to work, most likely they were hiring, and I would end up getting the job. I wouldn't mind putting out the money back in the day because most likely I would get the job or get some how into the position. Ugh, its so sad.

Brian in Long Beach, California

10 months ago

In my opinion WCUI is not the problem, it's a legit school with good instructors.
The problem is that there are multiple ultrasound schools pumping out students like crazy, not to mention every medical job being flooded with applicants. If you aren't prepared to really fight for your job and spend 1-2 years doing so, don't waste your time and money, because in the end you'll just blame the school.

Brian in Long Beach, California

10 months ago

Anthony in Peterborough, Ontario said: True, but the school is not accredited by CAAHEP.
If you look through the majority of job listings for Sonographers anywhere in the United States, I think you will find that upwards of 90% of those employers want sonographers who graduated from accredited schools.
It's practically universal.

Anthony, I've looked through many job listings and I feel the opposite, very few mention CAAHEP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sirchancelot in Rochester, New York

10 months ago

Brian in Long Beach, California said: Anthony, I've looked through many job listings and I feel the opposite, very few mention CAAHEP.

It is not that they list CAAHEP, but they all know that an associates of science in echo, or other modality means you have twice the clinical hours that you do from a certificate program. CAAHEP programs have over a thousand hours of clinical. 6 full months. That is a big difference!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

OneMadAsHellStudent in Redondo Beach, California said: I'm very disappointed in this school. WCUI has the talk but not the walk. I loaned so much money to go through the mri program. I graduated with high grades and surely know what I'm doing. It is going to be 7 months after I graduated and have not found an mri job. This school and the staff there lies too much. Now I have to settle for a non-related mri job just to pay my loans. This is ridiculous because they are giving false information to students so they can register to this school. They told mri students that they could sit for ARRT after they pass their ARMRIT. I called ARRT and did clarification. In order to sit for ARRT exam, you need to attend radiology/xray school and upon completion of externship, you have to prove that you can do every xray studies efficiently even before you apply for the ARRT exam. This school is a total scam. Something needs to be done about it. And one more thing, AOS degree that they now offer there SERVES NO GOOD FOR YOUR RESUME OR JOB HUNTING because 95% of companies/hospitals will want Associates of Science, ARRT license not AOS or ARMRIT. We are imaging. We are not in the occupational studies category. The school and its main representatives need to get their information correct. I'm very upset because I put so much time, energy and money into this program and now I can't even practice mri. I'm reporting WCUI and Myra Chason to the Department of Education and the Better Business Bureau so an investigation will be done. A lot of students who graduated from here especially at the Beverly Hills Branch CAN NOT find an mri job. We need our money back.

I went there 5 years ago. Myra is a con artist as is Don. No one wanted me as a grad from there. They lied about their placement rates. Going there really screwed up my life financially. I was never able to find a job.

10 months ago

just starting in Glendale, Arizona said: Does Myra know that her lab coordinator ,in charge of all the labs, is NOT ARDMS certified at all! He just passed his SPI a couple months ago after failing it 2 times before.
How can an instructor not be certified but be responsible for grading students lab tests. What makes him qualified????

If you are talking about Don, He failed the ARDMS multiple times. Myra even mocks him behind his back and they are supposed to friends!

10 months ago

Bacibear in Burbank, California said: As I said in an earlier comment, look at the current job openings. They all required 2-3 years experience. There are virtually no jobs for Graduates. I applied to a position for a Hospital in Burbank. A good friend of mine knows the hiring manager, and personally handed my resume and cover letter to him. He told my friend that he received 100+ applications, MANY with 2-3 years experience. So, even with an inside contact, I could not even get an interview.

When I went to West Coast, they said that 85% of the students get jobs. That number is based on old info. Since the economy collapsed, employees can be very choosey.

So, unless you have a relative or friend that can open doors, be prepared for a job search that may stretch into years.

That 85% figure was ALWAYS a lie. Very few graduates from WCUI are sought after and get jobs. NO CAAHEP, and only half the clinical hours of a CAHEEP AAS degree program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Azia G from L.A. in Monterey Park, California

6 months ago

Tech1 in Encino, California said: I am a student at WCUI and am SHOCKED!!! by what I have been reading on these forums! I have no idea where all of this venom is coming from. I am in the middle of my dms program and was told about this forum by someone in the class. None of us have any idea who is writing these things, but it is ridiculous and i dont like it because it makes me upset that a couple people are tyring to sabotage my ability to get a job. i know that it mostly matters how good i can scan but i dont think it helps when you have people hating on the school all the time.
it seems like people who are angry dont look into anything thenselves and expect things to just be given, like jobs.

i just hope people do their own research and decide things for themselves. dont just listen to admissions reps or this forum, go to the ardms site, call a worksite.

also i just want to say that i lik wcui because it is not a corporate school that only cares about money. it is family run and i definitely like that and can feel it. thanks

Hi did you finish school yet, and you found a job or even an internship. i really want to go to this school but i dont want to invest all this money with a bad outcome. thank you for helping...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.