ardms exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 3861)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

tweetie80 in Orange, California

67 months ago

What's your email address? I can email you the notes I have on my computer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tweetie80 in Orange, California

67 months ago

I don't have a fax- only my work fax, but I'm rarely there to get faxes. Also, if it's a lot of pages, I will get in trouble.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

daniella in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

it is only 8 pages .then how can you send me your notes too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Natalia in Santa Clara, California

67 months ago

tweetie80 in Orange, California said: Daniella,
I have OB notes if you're interested. I got some tips from someone who took and passed the OB test. I can email them to you if you like. I also have sort of a "cheat sheet" for OB (but not sure if all the answers are correct). A lot of the questions are on the actual test. Give me your email. Do you think you can email me your abd notes? I am planning to take it end of January. Any tips you have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

please don't forget about me nsibirskaya@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tweetie80 in Orange, California

67 months ago

Fibroids is not heavily tested...maybe 1 or 2 questions (at least on my version of the test). Also on my version, there were only 2 questions on anatomy ( I was told anatomy was also heavily tested), but there were a lot on 1st trimester stuff. I remember holoprosencephaly popped up a lot, and was either a choice or a question. I made a list of stuff I remembered from the test and included in the packet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cniks747 in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

I got certified in general ultrasound in 2001 from a 1yr program and after I was able to do clinical hours on my own with no pay for one year, I am still not eligible to take the ARDMS exam, because according to the people @ ARDMS, my school program was not based on semester credit hours. I've been employed for 5yrs now and I am still not eligible to take these exams!!! What do I need to do? Does anyone know? Did I talk to the wrong person @ ARDMS? HELP!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

red27 in New York, New York

67 months ago

cniks747 in Chicago, Illinois said: I got certified in general ultrasound in 2001 from a 1yr program and after I was able to do clinical hours on my own with no pay for one year, I am still not eligible to take the ARDMS exam, because according to the people @ ARDMS, my school program was not based on semester credit hours. I've been employed for 5yrs now and I am still not eligible to take these exams!!! What do I need to do? Does anyone know? Did I talk to the wrong person @ ARDMS? HELP!!!

you need to do somw ARDMS continuing education approved courses. If you take a prep course for physics exam with Pegasus for eg, you get a set number of CME's. I believe you need 12 to sit for the exam. ARDMS has a few free courses you can take on their website. Attendance at a conference gives you CME. Maybe you could find on near you to go to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

daniella in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

ANY BODY HAS PEGASUS OB PREP BOOK,OR HAS GONE TO THIER SEMINAR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

beetee771 in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

tweetie80 in Orange, California said: Daniella,
I have OB notes if you're interested. I got some tips from someone who took and passed the OB test. I can email them to you if you like. I also have sort of a "cheat sheet" for OB (but not sure if all the answers are correct). A lot of the questions are on the actual test. Give me your email. Do you think you can email me your abd notes? I am planning to take it end of January. Any tips you have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Tweetie80,

I would really LOVE to have notes for the OB test. I passed physics on the first try in November, but I had a month and a half of full-time studying to do it. I've got the Ultra P.A.S.S. book for Ob/Gyn and I've found several major mistakes in it, so I'm concerned that it won't be sufficient. My biggest fear is failing by just a few points. I can't afford the failure, financially or mentally, you know?

If you're willing to share your notes with me, I will be eternally greatful. My email address: beetee771@yahoo.com

thank you!
Tee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pootypie65 in Lavaca, Arkansas

67 months ago

Trying to pass vascular physics exam need help please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cniks747 in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

red27 in New York, New York said: you need to do somw ARDMS continuing education approved courses. If you take a prep course for physics exam with Pegasus for eg, you get a set number of CME's. I believe you need 12 to sit for the exam. ARDMS has a few free courses you can take on their website. Attendance at a conference gives you CME. Maybe you could find on near you to go to

But according to them, I need to take an entire year course in vascular, get accredited through CCI, then I will be eligible. I asked the lady there if it would help to get some CME on either vascular, physics, breast, etc, but she said no. Should I contact someone else? I know there is got to be a way for me to qualify...thanks for your help, I will call them tomorrow and see what they say...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sheza in Modesto, California

67 months ago

I NEED NOTES ON GYNEA/OBS IF U HAVE MAIL ME PLEASE THANKS.shaziaarif@ymail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

red27 in New York, New York

67 months ago

cniks747 in Chicago, Illinois said: But according to them, I need to take an entire year course in vascular, get accredited through CCI, then I will be eligible. I asked the lady there if it would help to get some CME on either vascular, physics, breast, etc, but she said no. Should I contact someone else? I know there is got to be a way for me to qualify...thanks for your help, I will call them tomorrow and see what they say...

Wow, they really are being strict. YOu could try calling again tomorrow. Call the people who do the CCI credentials and see if you can take that immediately instead

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cniks747 in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

red27 in New York, New York said: Wow, they really are being strict. YOu could try calling again tomorrow. Call the people who do the CCI credentials and see if you can take that immediately instead

The info that I got through CCI, was that I need a 1yr program in either vascular or echo and at least 800hrs before I could take their exam. I found a program here in chicago, but it is a split program in both vasc/echo and CCI does not accept split programs...What sucks is that I could even do clinicals @ my job, but can't find a program that is not 2yr long here in Illinois.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

steph8318 in Montgomery, Alabama

67 months ago

Hey everyone, if anyone has any OBGYN notes, please email them to me at steph8318@hotmail.com. I have several OBGYN review books if anyone is interested. Please let me know. Thanks so Much!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Noren in San Diego, California

67 months ago

So, the two main things that you need to know for the physics exam are the formulas and definitions? Anything else important not relating to those two things?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tasha in New York, New York

67 months ago

Noren

Well of course all of it is important, if you know the meanings of the words you'll understand what you're being asked. You NEED to know transducers, this is the subject with the most questions. If you go to the ARDMS website it will tell you what percentage of questions per topic. I remember having a lot of questions on propagation of ultrasound. Pulse echo instrumentation, I found that a little bit easier to remember/relate to simply because some of the subject matter was the physical action we take tweeking the machine for optimal visualization. I advise you look at the percentage of questions per topic from the ARDMS website if it states there's only 2-5% on that particular topic don't spend too much time on the subject. Get the jest of it, chances are they'll only have 1 to maybe 3 questions. The subject that has the greatest percentage of questions is transducers. The subjects with the least percentage of questions was quality assurance and artifacts. I'm the kind of person who learns better with visuals, so I found those subjects easy because that's what we were used to seeing when scanning and test objects. That was about 2-3 questions, which I didn't spend anytime on because of the percentage of questions. I had a friend who recently took the exam and failed, she said there seemed to be quite a bit of questions and pictures on pulse echo instrumentation.

Good luck, I hope you pass. It's not easy but if I passed so can you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ash in Barrington, Illinois

67 months ago

tweetie80 in Orange, California said: Daniella,
I have OB notes if you're interested. I got some tips from someone who took and passed the OB test. I can email them to you if you like. I also have sort of a "cheat sheet" for OB (but not sure if all the answers are correct). A lot of the questions are on the actual test. Give me your email. Do you think you can email me your abd notes? I am planning to take it end of January. Any tips you have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tweetie-
would ya mind sending a copy of the OB notes over my way? I also have some abdomen stuff if you'd like to make a trade! email: aellison4@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

daniella in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

email me your email add i have some notes on abd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

daniella in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

but i dont have your email add yet,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Royal Oak, Michigan

67 months ago

nolliea25@aol.com. Thanks so much for any help you can give me!!! I'm sure you can relate to how frustrating these exams can be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Natalia in Concord, California

67 months ago

Did somebody use this exam "OB/GYN Sonography CD Exam Ultrasound GulfCoast"?
Would you recommend it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Natalia in San Diego, California

67 months ago

ahollih in Rock Hill, South Carolina said: I failed the abdomen test on 12/31/08. I am hoping and praying that I pass it the second time around. I have been reading some responses, and it seems as if the physics isn't qhite as difficult as the abdomen. Does anyone agree? I have always been told that the physics is the worst to take.
Can you purchase the abd. study cards anywhere, or are they only purchased through sids website?
One more question. My last u/s job ended in March of 2008. The company was new, and ended up laying off about 8 people, me included. I have been looking for a job ever since. I have gone to approximatly 6 interviews. I have never had a problem getting jobs in the past. I am not registered yet, but as I stated earlier, I am in the process of getting registered.
The too worst questions I get during the interview are: You're last job was in March? And Are you registered? I explain that I have been looking for a job since March, and I am in the process of getting my RDMS. That obviously is what's causing them to turn me down. I just don't know what to do. Any advice would greatly be appreciative. thanks!

Hi,
I don't know maybe I am late but I have abd. cards, they are really good and helpful, I passed my abd. test last Nov.
If you are still interested you can e-mail me: nrabern@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ravinder in Toronto, Ontario

66 months ago

daniella in Los Angeles, California said: email me your email add i have some notes on abd.

Hi daniella,
I need your Abdominal notes please send it to my e-mail.that 'll be helpful to me
devilxjin(at)gmail.
thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ravinder in Toronto, Ontario

66 months ago

Natalia in San Diego, California said: Hi,
I don't know maybe I am late but I have abd. cards, they are really good and helpful, I passed my abd. test last Nov.
If you are still interested you can e-mail me: nrabern@yahoo.com

Hi Natalia,
Please forward you abd notes to me.devilxjin@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KIMZIM in Sedalia, Missouri

66 months ago

tweetie80 in Orange, California said: For anyone who is or will be taking the Physics,
I remembered that there were lots of questions about transducers (at least on my version of the test). I have notes for anyone who's interested.

Does anyone have abd notes? I'd really appreciate it!

TWEETIE80 I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MORE NOTES, GOING TO TAKE MY PHYSICS SOMETIME IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS. ATTENDING THE ESP SEMINAR IN FEB, I REALLY HOPE IT HELPS. BUT IF YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO SHARE MY E-MAIL IS kazimmerschied@brhc.org THANKS A BUNCH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Casi in Eden, North Carolina

66 months ago

I too would like any notes available for physics. every little bit helps!
cbclark@triad.rr.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tweetie in Orange, California

66 months ago

Casi,

I highly recommend you go to Pegasus Lectures for the Physics. He guarantees you pass! I attended the seminar, and it helped me a lot. I passed the first time. I have notes if you want to give me your email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Casi in Eden, North Carolina

66 months ago

Tweetie in Orange, California said: Casi,

I highly recommend you go to Pegasus Lectures for the Physics. He guarantees you pass! I attended the seminar, and it helped me a lot. I passed the first time. I have notes if you want to give me your email.

i'll have to look into the pegasus lecture. i know it's really expensive though :(

my email is cbclark@triad.rr.com

thanks !! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cfm in Livingston, New Jersey

66 months ago

can you send me the notes too? my email is christinem313@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Natalia in Lafayette, California

66 months ago

Casi in Eden, North Carolina said: i'll have to look into the pegasus lecture. i know it's really expensive though :(

my email is cbclark@triad.rr.com

thanks !! :)

I still have Frank Miele The Board Review book if you will be interested I can sell it for you nsibirskaya@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

daniella in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

ANY ONE HAS ANY INFO ON OB ARDMS TEST?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hyd in Berkley, Michigan

66 months ago

Hi, I took the abdomen exam a couple of times but failed. Can anyone give me any good tips or notes or such that could help me for my next attempt?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hyd in Berkley, Michigan

66 months ago

Hi, I took the abdomen exam several times but didn't pass. Can anyone provide me with tips or notes or such that could help me with my next attempt within the next month?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Murrieta, California

66 months ago

I have passed the physics, abdomen, and OB-GYN. The best advice I can give is STUDY. one thing I noticed the tests focused on what is commonly seen in an ultrasound clinical setting. For instance...for OB-GYN many questions covered those things that are most commonly found--things related to fibroids (most common mass) endometrial cancer and general condition (the most common cause of post menopausal problems and endo cancer the #1 cause of pelvic cancer, anencephaly (most common neural tube defect), Pelvic Inflammatory Disease -P.I.D. --very common etc. etc. Focus on normal anatomy and physiology and mostly the most common pathology. pelvic muscles, ligaments had several questions and so did fetal lie and presentation. Pathology was covered but not as extensively as I thought it would. Placenta, hydrops (covered a lot), hypertension of the mother, picture of an endometrioma (usually in the adnexa) torsion of ovary, MCA and umbilical artery and the waveforms associated with them-good and bad, where they are located, --those were covered.I noticed in reading books that standards are few. for instance, every book seems to have a different rule for gestational sac size, CRL, hCG, etc. The standard the test seems to follow is: When the gestational sac is about 5 wks it should measure approx. 1 cm (10 mm) and the hCG should be about 1000 2IS or 2000 FIRP. I used many book--which I recommend--but the Davies question and answer book was full of questions either similar or nearly identical to the test--but you still need to know the material well. One good think is that the images used for the test were of pretty good quality so you could tell what you were looking at. Hope that helps--Good Luck. PS. the abdomen test is the hardest

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DANIELLA in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

what other book did you study?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Royal Oak, Michigan

66 months ago

I did take the physics last October for the second time! I felt for me that physics was the worst. I just don't care about the laws of how things work and why. It's so draining and uninteresting to me. Abdomen is tuff but if you study enough you have enough info to just get by.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

M.Cowan in Houston, Texas

66 months ago

I am putting on an 8 hour physics review in Houston on March,14.

I have never had anybody fail.

I will show you exactly what to do to pass.

I do on average one review per year and they have always sold out.

If anybody is interested in finally passing the ARDMS Physics, this is your chance.

my email is:
physicsman72@yahoo.com

e-mail me if you are interested and i will send you more information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ravinder in Toronto, Ontario

66 months ago

Natalia in Lafayette, California said: I still have Frank Miele The Board Review book if you will be interested I can sell it for you nsibirskaya@gmail.com

for how much you are selling this book

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Natalia in Lafayette, California

66 months ago

ravinder in Toronto, Ontario said: for how much you are selling this book

Hi I bought it for $85 + shipping. It's in excellent condition I think $60 would be reasonable, if you wanna get more information about this book go yo www.pegasuslectures.com you can see couple pages from this book.He is giving you same strategies how to read and understand questions then goes topic and simple questions about this topic+ explanations..Book is 2008, and has Hydrodynamic and Cardio physics ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TraceyI

66 months ago

Also, Oligo and poly...know those. IUGR was about 20 questions. There were also a few on hormone response LH and FSH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Natalia in Lafayette, California

66 months ago

I don't like Appleton book it lot of mistakes there and not all material is covered

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DANIELLA in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

hi tracy i am about to take ob can you share some more question on ob i have very good notes on abd ,i just passed it ,i have also the card on physics,i passed also physics ,i need some help in ob,thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TraceyI

66 months ago

As you know there are multiple tests, my coworker took it a month ago and the test she had did not have many images, but mine had ALOT! If you dont know the answer right away, just move on you will have plenty of time to review questions.
Not too much normal stuff, there were a few on muscles and quite a few on endo lining of post menopausal on HRT of not. A few ectopic questions and alot on fetal anomoly. There was a few on Beta HCG levels, know that the second international is 1/2 half of standard.
IUGR was hit alot.
I highly recommend the Davis material. You can order it online and download right to you computer the same day. It was very helpful. MY coworker has been scanning 10 years and she also found it useful. They have self tests that are great and will boost your confidence!
Also, quite a few on uterine mullian formation and its association with urinary system.
There were a few on S/D ratio of umbilical artery. They showed a picture of a wave form relating to placental something or other. Was not too sure but there were 4 questions on that.
Everyone has been bashing the Appleton book, but I found it helpful, and there were images that were on the test.
Fetal heart was covered lightly, there was on of an outflow tract and also a diagram.
The endometrial thickness was also hit hard as well as hormone that relate to the different phases. Not to much on fibroids.
A few on fetal kidneys.
Hey if you passed physics this is going to be a breeze for you! It has the highest passing rate of all the tests!
I have some powerpoints from school that I can email you if you would like. They are excellent!
Good luck. Hope this was helpful!
Tracey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mayakah in San Jose, California

66 months ago

daniella in Los Angeles, California said: i pass my physics exam the frist time ,i fail my abd exam last month and i am very depressed any body have any suggestion?i did study esp very well but there were questions on the test that was not in esp please those of you that pass the abd what did you study ? thanks.

Try the Sanders Review book, I think it's very good for abdomen. Remember most of the questions are on the liver and kidneys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gjohnston53 in Wichita, Kansas

66 months ago

I am starting my 20yr of sonography. I was an x ray tech 16 years prior to that. For sono I had on the job training at a very busy hospital. We had to take our boards in OKC, were not reimbersed and we got no pay raise. I took physics, abd and ob but not vascular. Physics sucks as many of the questions on the test have nothing to with if you are a good scanner or not. I am a good driver but if I wanted to know how a car works I would be a mechanic. The boards are a money making deal. If someone passes I feel it is due to lucky guessing. I love scanning and I am now getting ready to take vas/vas physics yet again. I love vascular and just because someone passes the boards doesnt make them a good scanner. Hang in there. I am 56 and my job now depends on becoming RVT as 20 years of scanning isnt enough . Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

os in Chicago, Illinois

66 months ago

Tweetie in Orange, California said: Casi,

I highly recommend you go to Pegasus Lectures for the Physics. He guarantees you pass! I attended the seminar, and it helped me a lot. I passed the first time. I have notes if you want to give me your email.[/QUO

I failed the phy. I am so hurt if you have notes to share please my email address is ebekoeorr@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Natalia in Lafayette, California

66 months ago

TraceyI said: As you know there are multiple tests, my coworker took it a month ago and the test she had did not have many images, but mine had ALOT! If you dont know the answer right away, just move on you will have plenty of time to review questions.
Not too much normal stuff, there were a few on muscles and quite a few on endo lining of post menopausal on HRT of not. A few ectopic questions and alot on fetal anomoly. There was a few on Beta HCG levels, know that the second international is 1/2 half of standard.
IUGR was hit alot.
I highly recommend the Davis material. You can order it online and download right to you computer the same day. It was very helpful. MY coworker has been scanning 10 years and she also found it useful. They have self tests that are great and will boost your confidence!
Also, quite a few on uterine mullian formation and its association with urinary system.
There were a few on S/D ratio of umbilical artery. They showed a picture of a wave form relating to placental something or other. Was not too sure but there were 4 questions on that.
Everyone has been bashing the Appleton book, but I found it helpful, and there were images that were on the test.
Fetal heart was covered lightly, there was on of an outflow tract and also a diagram.
The endometrial thickness was also hit hard as well as hormone that relate to the different phases. Not to much on fibroids.
A few on fetal kidneys.
Hey if you passed physics this is going to be a breeze for you! It has the highest passing rate of all the tests!
I have some powerpoints from school that I can email you if you would like. They are excellent!
Good luck. Hope this was helpful!
Tracey

Did someone got this OB powerpionts? Could you please forward it to me nsibirskaya@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tracey

66 months ago

os in Chicago, Illinois said:

Try a different testing center for OB. It has the highest passing rate of all the tests!
I took mine at the Michigan ave location in Chicago. My coworker also passed there! Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

os in Chicago, Illinois

66 months ago

Thuy in Anaheim, California said: Hi Everyone,
I just happened to stumble upon this very informational forum, and thought I'd add a little input. FYI, I just took the Physics and passed in October 2008. I went to the seminar from Pegasus lectures- VERY helpful. Frank Miele is very knowledgeable and a very good teacher (he designs ultrasound machines). They guarantee you pass or you can re-take the class for free. I actually understood the material instead of just memorizing (which doesn't work for Physics, by the way). I learned more in 3 days at the seminar than in school. I was blown away at how easy he made Physics. Lots of people from Eddelman's seminars came to Miele's because they've continually failed it. He's a little expensive (they offer student discounts) and it includes the 2 volume text book(don't get intimidated by the 2 volumes, they're thin, easy to read and understand) but I think it's worth it to pass and not have to worry about ever again. You still have to study, don't expect to pass by just attending the seminar. They also offer discounts on future seminars once you've attended one. I have notes if anyone's interested; just give me your email.

I'm taking Abd end of January 2009. Any suggestions or hints? Thanks![/QU

are you selling you book from pegasus if so please email me ebekoeorr@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.