ardms exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 3869)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Natalia in Lafayette, California

68 months ago

Tracey said: Try a different testing center for OB. It has the highest passing rate of all the tests!
I took mine at the Michigan ave location in Chicago. My coworker also passed there! Good luck.

Hi Tracey, Could you please send me OB powernotes you promised nsibirskaya@gmail.com Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

os in Chicago, Illinois

68 months ago

Tweetie in Orange, California said: Casi,

I highly recommend you go to Pegasus Lectures for the Physics. He guarantees you pass! I attended the seminar, and it helped me a lot. I passed the first time. I have notes if you want to give me your email.

Could you send me notes too ebekoeorr@aol.com thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Starks in Harrison, New Jersey

68 months ago

Anyone knows how long do you really have to study for Ultrasound Physics exam? First week of April is my exam and i think i still have some time. ANYONE?

aggie07 in College Station, Texas

68 months ago

Does anyone have the Davies OB/GYN sonography text book that you would be willing to sell? I looked online and they're like $60, I was hoping I could get it a little cheaper than that.
PLEASE email me if you have the book.
leslieag07@hotmail.com

thanks!

68 months ago

I can sell it for you later,at the beginning of the next month, if you will be still interested

gjohnston53 in Wichita, Kansas

68 months ago

isn't is sad, paying thousands of dollars on school then you have to spend more to past tests that are flunked by about 50% of the test takers, what a money maker.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Noren in San Diego, California

68 months ago

gjohnston53 in Wichita, Kansas said: isn't is sad, paying thousands of dollars on school then you have to spend more to past tests that are flunked by about 50% of the test takers, what a money maker.

I am only researching Ultrasound Technician and the things I read on here about people failing tests and it's hard to find a job, it's making me find other profession to go into. Is it really that hard to pass these tests? Don't they teach you these things in Ultrasound school?

68 months ago

nothing is easy in this life,,,just very hard work will give you results.....
tests are hard, but if will you study and study,,,you will pass them sooner or later

steph8318 in Montgomery, Alabama

68 months ago

Hey,
I have the PASS OBGYN registry prep book from Gulfcoast institute if anyone wants to buy it. I also have the book Exam Prep for Diagnostic Ultrasound Abdomen and OBGYN.
If you are interested, please email me at steph8318@hotmail.com

lela in Wilson, North Carolina

68 months ago

steph8318 in Montgomery, Alabama said: Hey everyone, if anyone has any OBGYN notes, please email them to me at steph8318@hotmail.com. I have several OBGYN review books if anyone is interested. Please let me know. Thanks so Much!!

Hi Steph8318.
I just passed my rvt. Looking to study for obgyn.
looking to find what book reviews are go.
I have c.d's and good workbooks for vascular technology.
if intrested send me a email.

thanks lela
my email is flum48@yahoo.com

68 months ago

Natalia in Lafayette, California said: I need that too nsibirskaya@gmail.com Thank you!!

I need them too flum48@yahoo.com Thans lela

teelovey in Savannah, Georgia

68 months ago

Dear Gjohn,

I am 40+ and just got out of school last year. Personally, I would rather have your scanning abilities and skill than passing those darned exams. Unfortunately, the way of the world has become accountability. I worked in a chemical lab for 20 years (without a college degree). That same company will no longer hire techs unless they have a 4-yr degree or higher. Figure it out?!? The new thing is to say that my lab is "ISO-9002 Certified." And part of that includes the education level of the employees. In a world market, it makes them more competitive.

From what I understand, the dms field is all about getting paid and reimbursed. All about the mighty dollar. SO if you are like me, you will study your butt off, do what you are supposed to do and it will all be ok. When I was in school, the little young girls in my class (I was the oldest and the only honor-grad) would ask the teacher why the classes were so hard. My answer was that if it was really easy, everyone in the world would be after our jobs. You can do this. It is only a temporary thing. Study hard, pass the #@?!@ test and get on with it.

Or you could do what a number of people do: kiss butt to your superiors, spend your money on their gifts, spend your free time with them and they will let you stay in the job no matter what. haha. I really do know folks like that.

Best of luck,
Tee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DANIELLA in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

hi lela can you tell me what did you study for rvt and how was the test and how long you been scanning?thanks

mybell030 in Staten Island, New York

68 months ago

don't think his book is enough. He says just study review book. I have been a tech for 13 years. I passed my ob and abd just need my physics. Never stopped me from getting a job because of my experience. Any questions you remember or tips

stefani in Bakersfield, California

68 months ago

os in Chicago, Illinois said: How much are you selling the Kremkau Physics workbook, I just failed the phy exam

Hi there. I have the Kremkau physics book I will sell you if you want. I will take 50.00 for it. I took my physics last dec and passed on the first try. I also highly suggest davies physics cd mock exam. I will sell you that for 40.00 if you want. my email is stefrwood@yahoo.com

68 months ago

HI DANNIELLA,
I have been scanning for 19 years, I graduated in 1990. I'm RDMS in ABD. I started doing travel work last year and many hospital were requiring an RVT certification. I had studied for 6mo, flunked twice and last week passed. What a releive. I took my phisics once and passed it. I was more worried about phisics then the vascular. The third time I took the vascular part, It seemed easy. I guess I didn't no as much as I thought in the begening.
I have all the material you need. I will be happy to send it to you for a small fee. good luck
LELA

68 months ago

[can you check your email thanks.

68 months ago

Hi,
I'm so confused. Are you studying rvt or obgyn?

68 months ago

rigt now i am studing ob ,but rght after ob i go for rvt.

68 months ago

what meterial do you have ? for ob.

Tony in Montville, New Jersey

68 months ago

Hey Tasha,
Thank you for telling me your personal experience with this physics exam. I will be sitting the first week of April. I got the workbook and the gold book but Im really studying out of the workbook which seems to breakdown topic by topic and makes it easier to understand. I'm on aim as illbeatz108 and if i can add u on aim or msn so we can keep in touch further.
Thank you again,

Tasha in New York, New York

68 months ago

Illbeatz108, you can contact me at tyflow2@yahoo.com

68 months ago

hey Jenn, I took physics last nov and passed the first time. I used the eddlmans review book from the seminar, davies cd mock exam and the U.L.T.R.A PASS reiew book from gulfcoast ultrasound. I was suuuuper nervous about the test was more than prepared with studying all of that stuff. I have the physics cd-rom for sale if you want to buy it from me. my email is stefrwood@yahoo.com if your interested. take care and GOOD LUCK!

68 months ago

Jenn, I can also make you a copy of the eddlmans review book for a small fee if you would like. bye

gjohnston53 in Wichita, Kansas

68 months ago

Tee , I like you, good luck. I am 56 and have been scanning for 20 years, I was an x ray tech for 17. We never had any incentive to take our boards. No increase in pay, we paid our own way and then we have to pay for cme's once we are registered. Now it is all about the testing. I may lose my job over not passing vascular, which by the way is my favorite. I make have a stroke or heart attack my next time , then I wont have to worry about it. HA HA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

teelovey in Riceboro, Georgia

68 months ago

gjohnston53 in Wichita, Kansas said: Tee , I like you, good luck. I am 56 and have been scanning for 20 years, I was an x ray tech for 17. We never had any incentive to take our boards. No increase in pay, we paid our own way and then we have to pay for cme's once we are registered. Now it is all about the testing. I may lose my job over not passing vascular, which by the way is my favorite. I make have a stroke or heart attack my next time , then I wont have to worry about it. HA HA

Dear gjohn,
I certainly hope it doesn't drive you to stroke out on us yet! You're gonna beat this thing. What is the absolute worst thing that can happen? You might not pass the test the first time. You might lose that job. I understand things are tough, but realistically, you would get another job very quickly and have another year to study for the exam. They can't kill you or steal your dog. You are a bankable employee. You have a stable history and TONS of experience. You could be a department director. Anyway, I do understand and I agree that it is all about the exams. Too much emphasis is placed on them. And they are rip-offs. The mafia could be behind all of it. I heard they were behind textbook purchases at colleges. You know, a brand new book costs $100, then you sell it back for $30 and they re-sell it for $90. Who's really getting all the $$?
At first, I hated vascular. Then I realized that it doesn't depend on bowel gas or deep inspiration like an abdomen or renal does and you don't have to dig for those damn ovaries. So I realized that vascular is not so bad after all. It is very intimidating for me though. I guess because of all the waveforms and angles. It is some serious stuff.
Things will work out. Chin up.

Daneille in Claremont, California

68 months ago

Is it true that anyone who has graduated from a sonography program can take the physics now?

Daneille in Rancho Cucamonga, California

68 months ago

Is it true that anyone can sit for the Physics test now?

68 months ago

THANKS ALOT I DID PASS MY ABD THE SECOND TIME IAM GOING FOR OB NOW ANY TIPS?

Natalia in Concord, California

68 months ago

I think CD Davis and Davis review book contain the same material,
You can download CD from their web-site right a way www.daviespublishing.com

Did someone got OB power notes from Traecy? Could you please reply it for me nsibirskaya@gmail.com

Marce in Guayaquil, Ecuador

68 months ago

Thanks Natalia, if you have some notes would you mine sharing them with me? I can give you my e-mail. I will download the review from Davies today.

kashmub in Toronto, Ontario

68 months ago

Natalie ..can you forward me powerpoint notes
my email id k_mub88@hotmail.com

68 months ago

I would love to share that notes with everybody, but I did not get it.
She promised and then nothing..............

tlady in Liberty Hill, Texas

68 months ago

good luck !!

Marce in Guayaquil, Ecuador

68 months ago

Natalia in Concord, California said: I would love to share that notes with everybody, but I did not get it.
She promised and then nothing..............

No problem Natalia, thanks again for the advice!

Lisa in Bartlesville, Oklahoma

67 months ago

I took the SPI PILOT test last Oct, just got my results (passed). I have taken general and vasc physics before- long tome ago and the new test isn't alot different. The images were good, there is new thing; they show you an US image with all the settings/knob adjustments and ask you what you would adjust to get this result...etc
A few "new" topics, but if you know the basics inside and out ,and I stress that , then you should pass. And then you're done with physics forever!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

radharsr in Fort Worth, Texas

67 months ago

Tweetie in Orange, California said: Casi,

I highly recommend you go to Pegasus Lectures for the Physics. He guarantees you pass! I attended the seminar, and it helped me a lot. I passed the first time. I have notes if you want to give me your email.

I am preparing for my ARDMS abdomen .Please can you send me the notes.Thnaks

Tweetie in Orange, California

67 months ago

Radharsr,
You didn't give me your email. You can also email me at lethuy_vu@yahoo.com

67 months ago

Hi Gina, I would really recommend to you this book Ultrasound William E. Brant ISBN zero-six-eight-three-three-zero-seven-three-three-nine for abdominal pictures , there is not much theory, but it contains picture of disease and short explanation, it perfect for seen abnormalities on very good quality US picture

us4u29 in Fayetteville, Arkansas

67 months ago

I have recently read some of the post for the SPI exam. People need to calm down a little. Everyone learns and studies differently. I have passed physics 2 times now and passed it well, even thought I felt like I barely make it. What worked for me is studying Eldeman for the concepts. Eldeman alone is too basicI beleive to pass. But awesome to get the physics concepts. Appleton & Lange Ultrasound review's questions are the EXAM!! Remember there are only 2 versions now to the exam. Also this will make the RVT and RDCS much, much harder. ARDMS even states on the web site that more physics will be shifted to the specialty exams. I do not recomment Kremkau for most people, but look at if you must. Lets all try to be more supportive of each other. That's my 2 cents worth and good luck to all.
'

christine in Livingston, New Jersey

67 months ago

i am interested in your books please email me at christinem313@gmail.com

radharsr in Fort Worth, Texas

67 months ago

please send me your e-mail address.i am interested

Gina in Shallotte, North Carolina

67 months ago

Hello us4u29. Where do I get the Appleton & Lange notes or book so I can study for my Phycis test

beetee771 in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

You can find it on Amazon.com. What I normally do is put the ISBN into google and see who has it the cheapest. The ISBN for the book I have is: 0-07-136516-8. It's an identification code used by publishing companies.

Good Luck!

Tweetie in Orange, California

67 months ago

Annie,
I heard the Vascular Technology: An Illustrated Review book by Rumwell and McPharlin is really good. I've read reviews from those who bought the book said that they passed the first time, and that was the only book they used. You can get on the SDMS website for a discount if you're a member. You can also order it through the Davies website, you can try to find it online for cheaper. I'm also studying for RVT, and am waiting to get the book in the mail. Good luck!

Annie in La Crescenta, California

67 months ago

Tweetie in Orange, California said: Annie,
I heard the Vascular Technology: An Illustrated Review book by Rumwell and McPharlin is really good. I've read reviews from those who bought the book said that they passed the first time, and that was the only book they used. You can get on the SDMS website for a discount if you're a member. You can also order it through the Davies website, you can try to find it online for cheaper. I'm also studying for RVT, and am waiting to get the book in the mail. Good luck!

Thank you very much your answer . I will find the book right now and order it.^^And also should i follow up davis question book and gulf coast CD too? ^^

rkk in Fort Worth, Texas

67 months ago

I just cleared my RVS (CCI) .I have all the material needed to pass the exam.you can me if you need further information.

67 months ago

Hi. rkk !!
Can you send me a email what you have . I am really need that. My email is glivia76@gmail.com
I need it ASAP.^^

Thank you.

67 months ago

And also is anybody want to share about the material of OB GYN?i passed ABD and physics.i can share with them or we can exchange each other too..^^

Tony in Newark, New Jersey

67 months ago

Hi,
I got a question for the people who are going for RVT? Do you need to go to a Vascular school to register as a RVT or it can be General Diagnostic Sonography. Right now i am sitting for my spi physics first week of April and then i have to pass a specialty. Then will decide to hit RVT. Any advice on anything?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.