does someone has taken the new congenital pediatric CCI exam?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

ZICCOH in Lubbock, Texas

41 months ago

Hello there i was wondering if does someone has taken the new congenital pediatric CCI exam?
How was it?
what did you study..
do you have a ESP pedi echo book? i wanna buy it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

PPUC in Clearwater, Florida

40 months ago

Yes, I took the pilot test.
It's tough but fair. Have a thorough understanding of all CHD and the surgeries needed to correct it. If you have a couple years experience at large center you should be able to pass it easily. Echocardiography in Pediatric Heart Disease by Rebecca Snydder is the bible of peds echo as far as I'm concerned....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ziccoh in Carrollton, Texas

40 months ago

I have been scanning pediatric for bout 1 yr...
I do not think I'm ready for the exam but I would
Love to get info and study see if I can pass it.
The right info can make a difference
Thank u for ur input. I will look for that book.

vegasregina in Henderson, Nevada

40 months ago

PPUC in Clearwater, Florida said: Yes, I took the pilot test.
It's tough but fair. Have a thorough understanding of all CHD and the surgeries needed to correct it. If you have a couple years experience at large center you should be able to pass it easily. Echocardiography in Pediatric Heart Disease by Rebecca Snydder is the bible of peds echo as far as I'm concerned....

Has anyone taken CCI Peds echo? Just wondering if the SDMS registry review is a good choice? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Katie in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

does anyone have any information on normal 2d dimension values on pedic echo. please email me at thanhthuy_01@hotmail.com thanks what's normal value did you use for your lab

Brandi in Nashville, Tennessee

33 months ago

PPUC in Clearwater, Florida said: Yes, I took the pilot test.

Was the physics portion of the pedi echo registry extremely difficult? That is the part I am dreading...mainly having to calculate a lot of formulas.

eric61 in Atlanta, Georgia

30 months ago

Katie in Houston, Texas said: does anyone have any information on normal 2d dimension values on pedic echo. please email me at thanhthuy_01@hotmail.com thanks what's normal value did you use for your lab

In most if not all ped labs the values are figured through Z-scores. I have used the boston z-score where I have been. There are z-score calculators online.Just plug in the numbers and height ,weight to calculate BSA's Hope this help.

Roger in Oakland, California

30 months ago

My next registry is ARDMS RDCS (PE).. but I have this idea of taking the CCI's RCCS. I having a grasp of congential abnormalities and their associated repairs should be enough.

lisa in Akron, Ohio

21 months ago

I am scheduled to take the RCCS in July. I have seen a few of the questions and want to know if anyone knows these answers. What does Joint Commission call it when you have to report a critical finding to Dr? What position should you put someone in to get right parasternal views? We don't do that view here. thanks for the help if anyone knows the answers

Roger in Oakland, California

21 months ago

lisa in Akron, Ohio said: I am scheduled to take the RCCS in July. I have seen a few of the questions and want to know if anyone knows these answers. What does Joint Commission call it when you have to report a critical finding to Dr? What position should you put someone in to get right parasternal views? We don't do that view here. thanks for the help if anyone knows the answers

J-Co is for accreditation and certifications. Right parasternal view, you would put them in the right decubitus position. If you plan on taking the RCCS, you should know that you are gonna get a good amount of dextrocardia, Mesocardia, dextrarotation... many of the views are gonna be on the right side.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.