how good is Keiser University?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 133 of 133)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

mfadN in Miami, Florida

34 months ago

Hi guys... Just new around here. I'll be start in Keiser in few weeks... (Criminal Justice) Any advice for me? Plsssssss i'm not shure to go there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bobbi in Tampa, Florida

33 months ago

Just looking into my options for Ultrasound school and it seems so hard to get into other school other than private (expensive ughh) schools. Just wondering if anyone on here has attended the DMS program at the Daytona Beach location or the Melbourne location? I did a little research on Central Florida Institute which runs about $35,000 for their DMS program. Does anyone know how much it is through Keiser? And what hospitals they do their externships through? Thank you for any help :)

Melech in Deerfield Beach, Florida

33 months ago

any good responses about keiser are from employees of the school. the place is a scam and be real careful where you waste your money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in Jacksonville, Florida

32 months ago

Bobbi in Tampa, Florida said: Just looking into my options for Ultrasound school and it seems so hard to get into other school other than private (expensive ughh) schools. Just wondering if anyone on here has attended the DMS program at the Daytona Beach location or the Melbourne location? I did a little research on Central Florida Institute which runs about $35,000 for their DMS program. Does anyone know how much it is through Keiser? And what hospitals they do their externships through? Thank you for any help :)

Do not go to CFI! Please :) I did the DMS program there and the school is ridiculous. Constantly teachers are quitting, bad extern sites. Keiser students were at the same hospitals/clinics I went to. I'd do a hospital program. Don't fall for the tech schools! I had to retake all the classes at state colleges because they wouldn't accept them as a transfer.

fdr in Melbourne, Florida

32 months ago

I just graduated and cannot get a job. They do not care about you after you are long gone. They just want your money and give you a degree. Ultra sound is about the only thing I would take knowing what I know now. Even then I know a girl that has had her license and has not got hired anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Floridapta in Jacksonville, Florida

32 months ago

I haven't gone to Keiser myself (although I'm thinking about the PTA program in Lakeland), but I have a few friends who went through the nursing program and everyone from their class got jobs. Many had jobs before they had even graduated (with the places they had been doing their clinicals at). This was the Melbourne campus. It is seriously expensive though at around 40,000, and BCC is SOOOO much cheaper and just as close that I don't get why people go there. I asked my friend why she went there and she said that they just made it easier for her. You enroll and everything is taken care of for you. I think there might more to the story as far as her educational background is concerned bc again it just doesn't make sense, but it's not like you will be blacklisted if you go there. It really just depends on whether or not there is a market for whatever program you go into, which to my understanding radiology, ultrasound, and nuclear are all pretty saturated. If you're willing to relocate and go with a travel company you can probably increase your job opportunities. I would most certainly NOT depend on the admissions rep to give you job market info. They are sales people whose job literally depends on getting you to enroll. So do your own homework!

The only issues I remember my friend mentioning weresome bs issues like the AC doesn't work or something ridiculous like that (this is Florida!! that should be considered torture!). There was also some silly issue about graduation where they had a really small amount of money to work with and it was left to the students to plan everything. But again that is the Melbourne campus and so these things may not be an issue elsewhere.

One other thing I'd like to add: when I was doing ob hours for PTA, I ended up talking to a girl who is an OTA who had gone to Keiser, so obviously she was able to get a job too (and it was in a very nice snf I might add).

I hope this helps...Good luck everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Cape Coral, Florida

31 months ago

John Gordon in Jacksonville, Florida said: wow some of you students are really negative, i attend Keiser Uuniversity in Jacksonville and love the school the teachers are very helpful and you learn alot, it sounds like to me you'll want something givn to you , and if so Keiser is not the school for you i currently have a 3.0 and i have earned it. If you do your work you will pass it is as simple as that, i mean come on guys and girls this is college not middle school. The only reason i posted this is because i get tired of sorry students representing my school.

I'm currently attending Keiser University. Could you tell me some of the techniques you used to understand Ultrasound Physics? Thanks

Desperate in Miami, Florida

31 months ago

I am between attending Dade Medical College and Keiser. I am between studying PTA, PT, OTA, RN or Diagnostic Medical Sonograph. I don't have any credits and will be starting from scratch. I have three kids and I am 27. I work full time. I don't want to go out of my way to go to school. So my only options (considering distance) is keiser (Dolphin mall), Dade Medical College (miami), Florida National College,Florida Career College, Fortis College (Mall of the Americas). I want to graduate from an accredited school as soon as possible successfully. I don't want to waste time. I want to start making about $50,000. Please any suggestions! Thank you!

Desperate in Miami, Florida

31 months ago

I am between attending Dade Medical College and Keiser. I am between studying PTA, PT, OTA, RN or Diagnostic Medical Sonograph. I don't have any credits and will be starting from scratch. I have three kids and I am 27. I work full time. I don't want to go out of my way to go to school. So my only options (considering distance) is keiser (Dolphin mall), Dade Medical College (miami), Florida National College,Florida Career College, Fortis College (Mall of the Americas). I want to graduate from an accredited school as soon as possible successfully. I don't want to waste time. I want to start making about $50,000. Please any suggestions! Thank you!

Kkc74 in Fort Myers, Florida

31 months ago

aso305 in brooksville, Florida said: Has anyone taken the entrance exam for Keiser? Can you tell me what is on the exam, since it is suppose to only take 12 minutes?

I can tell you it's called the Wunderlik test ( google it for example questions.) it is a timed test and I struggled with it.

Christy in Boca Raton, Florida

30 months ago

Bobbi in Tampa, Florida said: Just looking into my options for Ultrasound school and it seems so hard to get into other school other than private (expensive ughh) schools. Just wondering if anyone on here has attended the DMS program at the Daytona Beach location or the Melbourne location? I did a little research on Central Florida Institute which runs about $35,000 for their DMS program. Does anyone know how much it is through Keiser? And what hospitals they do their externships through? Thank you for any help :)

Bobbi, I just went to Keiser here in ft. lauderdale and they are quoting me $42,000 for the DMS program.

Lemon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

30 months ago

Erika's Mom in Fort Myers, Florida said: I'm about to enroll in Keiser in Ft.Lauderdale, Fl. I want to become an ultrasound technician and this school is really convenient for me. just wanted to find out if it is a good choice and if it has a good program for medical sonography...

I want to go to keiser for Ultrasound also, how was it? Or how is it?

Applegirl89 in Florida

30 months ago

The $42,000 for DMS is about right. I attended Keiser for this program. It was very tough but I had a really good program director and teacher. It's accelerated so be ready to eat, sleep, and breathe the program. I went to the Melbourne campus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marymary in Cocoa, Florida

30 months ago

How is their occupational therapist program at the Melbourne campus. Planning on going their. Is it worth it and expensive.

marymary in Cocoa, Florida

30 months ago

How is their occupational therapist assistant program at the Melbourne Campus. Is it ant good.

MAB in Indialantic, Florida

30 months ago

Never mind my advice on Keiser, just ask yourself how many schools are pumping out students in the past five years, and how many hospitals,hmo's, private doctors, have been hiring. Those that have experience and have been laid off, do you honestly think that they arent competing with you. Bottom line , I know of a few students graduated with Keiser and no job , period, willing to relocate anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Applegirl89 in Florida

29 months ago

MAB is right though. I've been out of school for seven months and still no job. I can't afford to relocate for a per diem job. There are too many graduates being pumped out for this field. It really sucks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jon in Hollywood, Florida

29 months ago

Erika's Mom in Hallandale, Florida said: Can you be more specific? I'm about to enroll and i don't want to make a mistake.

He couldn't be more accurate... Keiser isn't acknowledged by most of the working worl to be a legitimate school, my wife has her associates and her Bachelors degree and in a recent interview, the interviewer literally laughed (this is 100% truthfully) and asked her, "Why did you waste your time and money on a fake education." The $30,000 in student loans we initially discussed with them has somehow become $56,000.... $56,000!!!!!!! How on earth are we supposed to pay that off??? Nobody will even acknowledge her degree as credible, and the $650 a month they want to pay off the student loan is unnacceptable... the fact that their school is even legally operating is amazing... 4 years later she still gets "welcome to Keiser University" letters in the mail!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Applegirl89 in Vero Beach, Florida

29 months ago

I will say this- In sonography it's not necessarily the school that makes the difference in getting a job. It's the accreditation status of the school and the program you are in. At the Keiser Melbourne campus the ultrasound program is accredited and so is the school. You can take your registries right after graduation. As far as other programs go I have no idea.

Virgo-In Orlando Florida in Austin, Texas

29 months ago

Erika's Mom in Fort Myers, Florida said: I'm about to enroll in Keiser in Ft.Lauderdale, Fl. I want to become an ultrasound technician and this school is really convenient for me. just wanted to find out if it is a good choice and if it has a good program for medical sonography...

I'm about to enroll in the OTA (Occupational Therapy Assistant)program in Keiser-Orlando. Since this school is accredited and is just 10 min away from me. Is this a good school? I don't know. Who knows?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

I'm about to enroll in Keiser-Orlando for OTA (Occupational Therapy Assistant) since this school is just 10 min away from me and is accredited for the program. How good is this school? Does anybody knows?

29 months ago

I'm about to enroll in keiser-orlando for the OTA program (Occupational Therapy Assistant) since this school is 10 min away from where I live and is accredited for the program.

Is this a good school? Does anybody knows?

Charlie in Charlottesville, Virginia

29 months ago

Are you people not reading the news. These folks at Keiser are being investigated by the federal government and have been accused of being extremely expensive around 40-50 % of their students drop out and your being ripped off. Check out this article in the Sun-Sentinel, just search for Keiser in the search bar since this site, wont' let me post the link.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ds17 in Orlando, Florida

29 months ago

Applegirl89 in Florida said: The $42,000 for DMS is about right. I attended Keiser for this program. It was very tough but I had a really good program director and teacher. It's accelerated so be ready to eat, sleep, and breathe the program. I went to the Melbourne campus.

HI APPLEGIRL189

I AM READY TO START THE GENERAL CLASSES THIS MONTH I ONLY HAVE TO TAKE 3 COURSES IN ORDER FOR ME TO BE IN THE WAITING LIST FOR THE DMS PROGRAM.. THEY TELL ME THE WAITING LIST RIGHT NOW IS UNTIL JANUARY 2014...I WILL FINISH MY CLASSES AROUND THIS OCTOBER. DO YOU THING I HAVE CHANCE TO START BEFORE JAN 2014...TELL ME ABOUT THE PROGRAM HOW MANY STUDENT THEY TAKE PER SEMESTER.... I WILL GO TO THE MELBOURNE CAMPUS....

Applegirl89 in Florida

29 months ago

I believe I only waited about a year to get into the program. Although I had classmates who were bumped up because previous students had failed out. That happens quite a bit because it's so rigorous. In the meantime I took the rest of my gen eds like you are doing. I think they only accept 12 students per class for the program. But I know that sometimes there were classes of only three or even two. My advice is to make sure you have a stable home life, a good support system, and no job when you start the program. Even the slightest disturbances can really throw your game off in this program. But it can be done and can be very rewarding (not the whole not finding a job part haha). Good luck. :)

Richard in Satellite Beach, Florida

28 months ago

Sara in Hallandale, Florida said: Hello FLoridagirl:

I've just had a talk with a friend in the Medical Assitant Program few minutes ago who says that people from the Sonography program in Keiser are not getting jobs.
I do not know what to do since I've just started the Vascular Sonography program this month. Currently, are you working in the medical field? did your degree at Keiser help you with anything?

Thanks,
Sara

My wife went to Keiser and was in the top of her class in sonography.
the training was very good and the internships were generally good. So what's the problem? She has applied to over 30 job references they sent to her and guess what? All of the jobs all 30 of them require thr 3 sonography certifications AND 2 years of experience. So how do you get experience if no one will hire you? This is a catch 22 that Keiser if they were being honest would tell you before you spend about $30,000. We are very unhappy. Had we know this was the case she would have done the RN program instead. Be aware of this, I'm warning you as they should have warned us.

Richard in Satellite Beach, Florida

28 months ago

ds17 in Orlando, Florida said: HI APPLEGIRL189

I AM READY TO START THE GENERAL CLASSES THIS MONTH I ONLY HAVE TO TAKE 3 COURSES IN ORDER FOR ME TO BE IN THE WAITING LIST FOR THE DMS PROGRAM.. THEY TELL ME THE WAITING LIST RIGHT NOW IS UNTIL JANUARY 2014...I WILL FINISH MY CLASSES AROUND THIS OCTOBER. DO YOU THING I HAVE CHANCE TO START BEFORE JAN 2014...TELL ME ABOUT THE PROGRAM HOW MANY STUDENT THEY TAKE PER SEMESTER.... I WILL GO TO THE MELBOURNE CAMPUS....

Ask them about when you get out with agreed good training what happens when you go to 30 interviews and find the starting point is 2 years experience before any of them will hire you. Do the RN program and you will be much happier. we are out about $30,000 and very unhappy that this wasn't mentioned FIRST. Too bad because the training was actually top notch. Don't say you were not warned. Do the RN program, you'll get hired.

Applegirl89 in Florida

28 months ago

Yeah they are right. Training and education was fantastic but if I could do it all over again I would do something more promising like nursing. Now I'm stuck with a ton of debt and stuck at a retail job, making minimum wage. I've spent too much time going to school and not gaining enough workforce experience.

Ellinahs7 in Boca Raton, Florida

17 months ago

Applegirl89 in Florida said: Yeah they are right. Training and education was fantastic but if I could do it all over again I would do something more promising like nursing. Now I'm stuck with a ton of debt and stuck at a retail job, making minimum wage. I've spent too much time going to school and not gaining enough workforce experience.

Are you still not working in your field? I have an appointment with keiser tomorrow. And I am trying to decide between the Sonography program or the Occupational therapy assistant. Any advice?

StacieinDaytona in Ormond Beach, Florida

16 months ago

Anyone know how the OTA program is at the location in Daytona Beach? I am thinking about going there since the program at Daytona State is nearly impossible to get into. If anyone has any info on this school please let me know. Thanks!

Andrew in Brandon, Florida

16 months ago

Ellinahs7 in Boca Raton, Florida said: Are you still not working in your field? I have an appointment with keiser tomorrow. And I am trying to decide between the Sonography program or the Occupational therapy assistant . Any advice?

Why on earth people goto Keiser? paying all that money? Because you can't get into reputable and much cheaper Community College program? perhaps then it is not for you. Wait until you get out of Keiser and trying to find a job. Talk about a rude awakening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ethel in Pompano Beach, Florida

5 months ago

Hi gugs I need some help I'm about to start a nursing program nuy don't know of o should go to keiser or Dade medical college.

Ryan M. in Zephyrhills, Florida

5 months ago

My suggestion to anybody is, DO NOT go to any for profit private collage or university! Look closely at trade schools or smaller tech schools in your area. Going $30,000 to $50,000 in debt is NOT WORTH IT!!!! But, if you do decide go to any kind of collage, absolutely avoid private student loans at all cost! Especially avoid doing bossiness with "Sallie Mae."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.