What is the best school in Atlanta, Ga

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 857)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

lamont miller in Saint Louis, Missouri

75 months ago

did anyone who took the ultrasound course from sandford brown got a good job or had any problems finding a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

... in Cumming, Georgia

75 months ago

Sanford Brown (GA) claims that their job placement rate for the Cardio Tech program is 100%. The institute also claims that the job placement for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers is 89.74%. This information is current as of 3/31/07 and is obtained from those students who graduated 10/1/05-9/30/06. The total number of placed students in the cardio program was 21 and the total number in the DMS program was 35.

Other than the price, I don't think that there is any reason not to consider attending Sanford Brown. Visit caahep.org and look at the list of accredited schools in GA. Hope this helps, but I would also like to hear from some of the Sanford Brown graduates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

PAUL in Lawrenceville, Georgia

75 months ago

HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT Everest Institute....FOR ULTRASOUND TECH ????

Adrienne in Stockbridge, Georgia

75 months ago

What is a fast program to complete in the atlanta area. in the medical field. I Have been in realestae all my life now looking to change fields.Im glad To see all the comments really thought about ultrasound how about xray tech?

Sasha in Lilburn, Georgia

75 months ago

I am currently attending SB in Atlanta. Personally, although there is some miscommunication between students and faculty the school is pretty good. There are 26 students in our class and everyone of us are currently being rotated every five weeks at a clinical site. We are guaranteed an externship as well. The teachers are good and they are very experienced. Yes the school has a bad name but I believe that was back in 2005 when the DMS program was not accredited. I know for sure it is accredited until 2010 or at least until the next inspection. Give Sanford Brown a chance. Its only what you put into it as to what you will get out of it. The Atlanta job market is just very competitive. I am probably going to move to a different area in Georgia. I'm single!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

are you doing the general ultrasound or cvt

sasha in Lilburn, Georgia

75 months ago

lamont miller in Saint Louis, Missouri said: are you doing the general ultrasound or cvt

evening ultrasound

PAUL in Lawrenceville, Georgia

75 months ago

cvt..... but I might cross train....

Darla in Jasper, Georgia

75 months ago

KIRSTON in Alpharetta, Georgia said: WOW, I HAVE READ THROUGH EACH POST AND WAS AMAZED ON THE INFORMATION THAT WAS PROVIDED..... IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO BECOME AN RADIOLOGIST HERE IS GEORGIA.......THERE'S A WAITING LIST EVERYWHERE, I CURRENTLY ATTEND GTC, AND THEY ADVISED ME THAT EVERYWHERE IS COMPETITIVE,I HAVE DONE RESEARCH ON SCHOOLS IN ATHENS TECH,THERE'S A WAITING LIST.. SOMEONE TOLD ME ATLANTA TECH COLLEGE IS NOW OFFERING RADIOLOGY, BUT IS IN THE BEGINNING STAGES....IN ORDER TO GET INTO GRADY, YOU MUST ALREADY BE A CERF RADIOLOGIST. I ALSO WAS GOING TO TRANSFER OVER TO COOSA VALLEY,I HEARD THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT WAY OF ACCEPTING STUDENTS INTO THE PROGRAM ITS ON THERE WEBSITE...AT THIS POINT IM LOOKING INTO RADIATION THEREPHY, OR JUST NURSING....I WOULD ADVISED EVERYONE JUST TO CONTINUE TO DO YOUR RESEARCH. good luck

It does seem like alot to go into but if sonography is something you want to do, Grady is the place to do it. I am currently a student at Grady and have gotten to experience lots! As a student you rotate thru many different sites which enables you to see many different things. The price of the course is way less than most, $8000 for the year. Also, board eligible when you finish the year. Grady, being a teaching hospital, has a great name and shouldn't have a problem getting a job!

PAUL in Lilburn, Georgia

75 months ago

Darla in Jasper, Georgia said: It does seem like alot to go into but if sonography is something you want to do, Grady is the place to do it. I am currently a student at Grady and have gotten to experience lots! As a student you rotate thru many different sites which enables you to see many different things. The price of the course is way less than most, $8000 for the year. Also, board eligible when you finish the year. Grady, being a teaching hospital, has a great name and shouldn't have a problem getting a job!

did you have any trouble getting into Grady....I have my B.S. in Business Admin with no health care background

MIchelle in Hiram, Georgia

75 months ago

PAUL in Lilburn, Georgia said: did you have any trouble getting into Grady....I have my B.S. in Business Admin with no health care background

I have the same question... I have a BS in Healthcare Administration

Darla in Jasper, Georgia

75 months ago

MIchelle in Hiram, Georgia said: I have the same question... I have a BS in Healthcare Administration

I actually have a BS in Health and Exercise Science and at the time I applied to Grady your BS had to be in a biological science. I think the requirements have changed to just a 4 yr degree?. I also had a background in the dental field so that counted as my healthcare experience. I think if you have no medical background experience, I would suggest volunteering at a hospital or job shadowing an ultrasound tech for a while because they do take that into consideration. The program director is great to work with and very willing to help if you need specifics on your requirements. It is competitive to get into, especially if your not an x ray tech. They usually choose students who have gone through that program, although not at all related to ultrasound. There are only 2 of us (me included) in my class of 10 that have a BS instead of x ray. Hopefully that will change in coming years!

rtr in Paramus, New Jersey

75 months ago

Darla in Jasper, Georgia said: I actually have a BS in Health and Exercise Science and at the time I applied to Grady your BS had to be in a biological science. I think the requirements have changed to just a 4 yr degree?. I also had a background in the dental field so that counted as my healthcare experience. I think if you have no medical background experience, I would suggest volunteering at a hospital or job shadowing an ultrasound tech for a while because they do take that into consideration. The program director is great to work with and very willing to help if you need specifics on your requirements. It is competitive to get into, especially if your not an x ray tech. They usually choose students who have gone through that program, although not at all related to ultrasound. There are only 2 of us (me included) in my class of 10 that have a BS instead of x ray. Hopefully that will change in coming years!

I bet your program is good and I am not trying to say you don't deserve that spot either. Congrats of getting into a competitive program. The reason why your clinical coordinator or program director pick most of the people in your program to be x ray techs is because they have experience of dealing with patients and have shown to successfully pass an accredited health professional program like radiography. Is ultrasound really different from x ray besides the use of more than 20,000 herzts of sounds to diagnose the patient? Congrats of getting a BS degree but patients are a whole different field when you are dealing with limited movement, hyperstenic, geriatric, pediatric, disoriented, combatitive or immunocompromised patients. So I don't see why the director has to pick a person with a BS degree over an x ray tech or any other health professional when that person has experience in the radiology field or in the medical field and still has a high gpa and took the same preequisites as you to get into the program and get recommendation letters?

rtr in Paramus, New Jersey

75 months ago

If anything, x ray has also physics too maybe from a ionizing radiation stand point from the electromagnetic spectrum just like sonography except it has non-ionizing radiation and needs short wavelength sound waves to penetrate the patient. Again, I am not trying to belittle you either. BS is great though and I bet it was challenging to get. I guess I am just saying this to show you those x ray techs deserve that spot as much as you and I bet you are well ready and qualified to become a sonography student. Congratulations again. However, maybe you are right maybe any field in the radiology field should mandate a BS degree befor entering any modality since other countries require it too. It might just get the market going again and improve professionalism in all fields.

MIchelle in Hiram, Georgia

75 months ago

I have tons of volunteer experience and also I worked a year in a doctor's office. I was a nursing major at one point during college so I have several of the sciences. Think that will be enough for the healthcare experience?

How long does the program take at Grady? Does it require you to go to school full time during the day?

Darla in Jasper, Georgia

75 months ago

Yeah that sounds like plenty of healthcare experience to me, but definately call the director of the program and she will make sure you are on track! The program is called "accelerated" and takes only a year to complete. You are in class or clinic everyday, Monday thru Friday. The year is set up in quarters and you get 2 weeks out between each quarter. Class days are usually 8-2 or 3 and clinic days are 8-4.

Darla in Jasper, Georgia

75 months ago

rtr in Paramus, New Jersey said: If anything, x ray has also physics too maybe from a ionizing radiation stand point from the electromagnetic spectrum just like sonography except it has non-ionizing radiation and needs short wavelength sound waves to penetrate the patient. Again, I am not trying to belittle you either. BS is great though and I bet it was challenging to get. I guess I am just saying this to show you those x ray techs deserve that spot as much as you and I bet you are well ready and qualified to become a sonography student. Congratulations again. However, maybe you are right maybe any field in the radiology field should mandate a BS degree befor entering any modality since other countries require it too. It might just get the market going again and improve professionalism in all fields.

Thanks! It was a long process for me to go through like these others are saying! While in college I knew ultrasound was where I wanted to go and knew the requirements of Grady ahead of time, that is why I chose to major in the Health field. I certainly dont think it is must to have a BS for this field,as well,I dont think it is imperative to have X ray certification either. My point is, if you are qualified, x ray or BS, you should be considered and one should not outweigh the other as it seems to have done in my program in the past.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tara in Marietta, Georgia

75 months ago

If ur asking about an ultrasound program the range of difficulty depends on the student.. Im now in the echo ultrasound program and i graduate in about 7 months.. The difficultly comes in being excessive with studying and understanding the material.. Its a little difficult at times however with support from friends and family you can do it..

sharon in Kennesaw, Georgia said: Does anyone know the range of difficulty for this course? I know it'll primarily depend on the person's intellect but I haven't been in school for 10 years and wanted to know if anyone is able to slightly measure the degree of difficulty upon entering the program?

Thanks

Julie in Decatur, Georgia

74 months ago

I KNOW I MIGHT SEEM REPEATIVE, BUT DOES A PERSON NEED TO CONSIDER BEING IN A PROGRAM LIKE RADIOGRAPHY OR BECOME A X-RAY TECH BEFORE ENTERING THE PROGRAM OF ULTRASOUNDING??? PLEASE HELP ME OUT.......

74 months ago

I had to take the medical assistant course before i could of gone into the ultrasound program, because i basically had no medical experience.

Candice in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

does anyone know anything about Everest Institute?

Darla in Jasper, Georgia

74 months ago

In my program at Grady they require either a bachelors and 1 year health experience, or completion of a radiology program. I am not familiar with what the other schools in the area require.

SUBUHI in Stone Mountain, Georgia

74 months ago

Shanika in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hello does anyone know where I can attend a radiology program in Atlanta Ga?

U may apply at gwinnett tech.Very good school but tough competitive admissions process.

74 months ago

Not really but if you can be a rad assistant than you can do ultrasound or if you understand the concept of radiology than you can do ultrasound.. I dont have a radiology background or any medical background and im a senior echo ultrasound tech student at coosa valley tech.

Julie in Decatur, Georgia

74 months ago

ok, but it's a 2yr waiting list 2 go 2 school there!! but most of the programs i found require that>> how are the classes are they difficult at all, r the classes small any type of information is helpful... Thanks

74 months ago

Julie the classes arent difficult... Its just at a fast pace and it seems like it more difficult than it really is... Money is a factor though..

julie in Stone Mountain, Georgia

74 months ago

what do u mean $ is a factor?

Tara in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

Well julie, the program is during the daytime hours and there are no student loans available.. The pell grant is available however it pays out at the end of the quarter.. the books are about 75-100 per book..

Marie in Marietta, Georgia

74 months ago

Sasha in Lilburn, Georgia said: I am currently attending SB in Atlanta. Personally, although there is some miscommunication between students and faculty the school is pretty good. There are 26 students in our class and everyone of us are currently being rotated every five weeks at a clinical site. We are guaranteed an externship as well. The teachers are good and they are very experienced. Yes the school has a bad name but I believe that was back in 2005 when the DMS program was not accredited. I know for sure it is accredited until 2010 or at least until the next inspection. Give Sanford Brown a chance. Its only what you put into it as to what you will get out of it. The Atlanta job market is just very competitive. I am probably going to move to a different area in Georgia. I'm single!

Hey Sasha,

Are hospitals reluctant to hire graduates from SBI? I know it is now accreditted, but does it still hold a bad reputation in the eyes of people hiring sonographers?

Marie in Marietta, Georgia

74 months ago

Sasha in Lilburn, Georgia said: I am currently attending SB in Atlanta. Personally, although there is some miscommunication between students and faculty the school is pretty good. There are 26 students in our class and everyone of us are currently being rotated every five weeks at a clinical site. We are guaranteed an externship as well. The teachers are good and they are very experienced. Yes the school has a bad name but I believe that was back in 2005 when the DMS program was not accredited. I know for sure it is accredited until 2010 or at least until the next inspection. Give Sanford Brown a chance. Its only what you put into it as to what you will get out of it. The Atlanta job market is just very competitive. I am probably going to move to a different area in Georgia. I'm single!

Hey Sasha,

Are hospitals reluctant to hire graduates from SBI? I know it is now accreditted, but does it still hold a bad reputation in the eyes of people hiring sonographers?

Aknight in Fort Riley, Kansas

74 months ago

Does anyone know anything about West Central Technical College in Carrollton Ga. They have the radiologic Technology course there. They are an acrredited school and they offer the clinicle assignments at Wellstar Douglas Hospital, Tanner Health system, Atlanta medical Center, Childrens Health care of Atlanta, and Kaiser permanente sites. This is the information that I got off of their site. This is a Associate Degree program. If anyone knows anything about it please let me know. I am consider attending that school when I get out of the Army.

Thanks

tonya in Atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

hi everyone i am a medical assistant has been for over 7 years i am tired of doing this are there any medical assistants out there that has used there skills and medical assistant experience to move to another position like xray tech, sonographer, ultrasound tech, surgical tech what is someones opinion on which job to take i am lost i want to do something different but want something that will accept my current credits and classes.please send me the list of some GOOD schools in the metro Atlanta area too please. PLEASE HELP>.............

Kathi2 in Atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

I am an Ultrasound student @ IAMP. I know who "Wanda" is - not her real name.
She has had academic problems - she waited for a clinical because she REFUSED several sites. Seems like she created her own problems, not IAMP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kathi2 in Atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

Kerry in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Does anyone know the cost of iamp in delray beach florida. Is this also accredited?

I was told they just had accreditation visit

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gra cia in Atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

WARNING!!! DO NOT GO TO IAMP. ITS SO EXPENSIVE NOT ACCREDITED AND THE TEACHERS DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO TEACH THE CLASS AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY TO THIS SCHOOL, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!! IT'S BEEN YEARS THEY'RE TELLING THE STUDENTS THAT IT WILL BECOME CREDITED BUT LOOK TILL NOW IS NOT. THE ULTRASOUND MACHINE IS ALL REFURBISHED AND SOME OF THEM DOES NOT EVEN WORK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Robert Bevokle in Atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

gra cia in Atlanta, Georgia said: WARNING!!! DO NOT GO TO IAMP. ITS SO EXPENSIVE NOT ACCREDITED AND THE TEACHERS DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO TEACH THE CLASS AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY TO THIS SCHOOL, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!! IT'S BEEN YEARS THEY'RE TELLING THE STUDENTS THAT IT WILL BECOME CREDITED BUT LOOK TILL NOW IS NOT. THE ULTRASOUND MACHINE IS ALL REFURBISHED AND SOME OF THEM DOES NOT EVEN WORK.

We take IAMP students as interns and they are better prepared then SB students. SB students arrive not knowing how to perform an ultrasound tests whereas IAMP can operate on their own. What do you mean by unprofessional? I know all the instructors there. What do you mean by "credited"? Or do you mean accredited? Is this sour grapes because you were rejected from the program?

73 months ago

Robert Bevokle in Atlanta, Georgia said: We take IAMP students as interns and they are better prepared then SB students. SB students arrive not knowing how to perform an ultrasound tests whereas IAMP can operate on their own. What do you mean by unprofessional? I know all the instructors there. What do you mean by "credited"? Or do you mean accredited? Is this sour grapes because you were rejected from the program?

EXCUSE ME ROBERT! WHAT IS YOUR TITLE THERE? WHY YOU ARE TRYING TO HIDE THE TRUTH A LOT OF STUDENT ALREADY BEEN THERE AND EXPERIENCE WHAT IS LIKE THERE. SO YOU CAN NOT HIDE IT. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF UNPROFESSIONAL LOOK IT UP AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU KNOW THE INSTRUCTORS THERE, YOU MIGHT KNOW THEM BUT YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW THEY TEACH AND TO BE A STUDENT. ALSO, I DID NOT GO TO IAMP OR REJECTED THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I WENT TO DEKALB MEDICAL AND MOST OF MY CLASSMATES ARE TALKING ABOUT IAMP THAT IS MY I KNOW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

gra cia in Atlanta, Georgia said: EXCUSE ME ROBERT! WHAT IS YOUR TITLE THERE? WHY YOU ARE TRYING TO HIDE THE TRUTH A LOT OF STUDENT ALREADY BEEN THERE AND EXPERIENCE WHAT IS LIKE THERE. SO YOU CAN NOT HIDE IT. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF UNPROFESSIONAL LOOK IT UP AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU KNOW THE INSTRUCTORS THERE, YOU MIGHT KNOW THEM BUT YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW THEY TEACH AND TO BE A STUDENT. ALSO, I DID NOT GO TO IAMP OR REJECTED THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I WENT TO DEKALB MEDICAL AND MOST OF MY CLASSMATES ARE TALKING ABOUT IAMP THAT IS MY I KNOW.

I am assuming you are the "Wanda" that is being talked about. Nobody expresses that much anger about a school unless they have been there or denied admission. I am guessing that you were not a good student or have had a bad experience on clinical. We take students from both schools so I have a basis for comparison. And I seriously doubt your story about attending Dekalb and most of your students talking about IAMP. Most students don't waste their precious time takling about other schools.

73 months ago

WELL ROBERT. THERE IS NO ANGER AT ALL COMING FROM ME. I AM JUST REFERRING ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE FROM THE OTHER STUDENTS. THATS ALL.AND I DO NOT KNOW WHO IS WANDA IS. I AM SUPER GLAD THAT I ATTEND DEKALB B/C ITS GREAT. YOUR MIGHT BE RIGHT MOST OF STUDENT DONT WASTE THEIR TIME BUT STUDENT TALK AND EXPRESS HOW THEY FEEL. THEY ARE STILL SHARING THE EXPERIENCE SO THAT; THE NEW STUDENT WHO IS TRYING TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Robert Bevokle in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am assuming you are the "Wanda" that is being talked about. Nobody expresses that much anger about a school unless they have been there or denied admission. I am guessing that you were not a good student or have had a bad experience on clinical. We take students from both schools so I have a basis for comparison. And I seriously doubt your story about attending Dekalb and most of your students talking about IAMP. Most students don't waste their precious time takling about other schools.

WELL ROBERT. THERE IS NO ANGER AT ALL COMING FROM ME. I AM JUST REFERRING ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE FROM THE OTHER STUDENTS. THATS ALL.AND I DO NOT KNOW WHO IS WANDA IS. I AM SUPER GLAD THAT I ATTEND DEKALB B/C ITS GREAT. YOUR MIGHT BE RIGHT MOST OF STUDENT DONT WASTE THEIR TIME BUT STUDENT TALK AND EXPRESS HOW THEY FEEL. THEY ARE STILL SHARING THE EXPERIENCE SO THAT; THE NEW STUDENT WHO IS TRYING TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

73 months ago

gra cia in Atlanta, Georgia said: WELL ROBERT. THERE IS NO ANGER AT ALL COMING FROM ME. I AM JUST REFERRING ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE FROM THE OTHER STUDENTS. THATS ALL.AND I DO NOT KNOW WHO IS WANDA IS. I AM SUPER GLAD THAT I ATTEND DEKALB B/C ITS GREAT. YOUR MIGHT BE RIGHT MOST OF STUDENT DONT WASTE THEIR TIME BUT STUDENT TALK AND EXPRESS HOW THEY FEEL. THEY ARE STILL SHARING THE EXPERIENCE SO THAT; THE NEW STUDENT WHO IS TRYING TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

Since I am very familiar with Dekalb students and some of the professors, tell me what claases you are in and the professors you have. If you can't, then I don't believe anything you have posted. There are good and not so good students in every school. Some students are not book smart but can out scan even the most experience techs, and that is another reason why I doubt your posts.

73 months ago

Robert Bevokle in Atlanta, Georgia said: Since I am very familiar with Dekalb students and some of the professors, tell me what claases you are in and the professors you have. If you can't, then I don't believe anything you have posted. There are good and not so good students in every school. Some students are not book smart but can out scan even the most experience techs, and that is another reason why I doubt your posts.

WOW! MR. ROBERT. AWHILE BACK YOU WERE SAYING THAT YOU KNOW ALL THE IAMP INSTRUCTORS THEN NOW YOUR TELLING ME THAT YOUR FAMILIAR WITH DEKALB STUDENTS AND ALSO THE PROFESSORS AT DEKALB. IS THAT SOMETHING. YOU KNOW EVERYTHING HUH, DON'T YOU.YOU CAN DOUBT WHATEVER I POSTED, THATS YOUR CHOICE AND I DO NOT CARE IF YOU BELIEVE OR NOT ABOUT IT . THE TRUTH IS SHOWING ON THIS WEBSITE. IF YOU START READING ALL OF THE POST ON THIS WEBSITE, MOST OF THEM ARE POSTING ABOUT HOW BAD IS IAMP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Robert Bevokle in New York, New York

73 months ago

gra cia in Atlanta, Georgia said: WOW! MR. ROBERT. AWHILE BACK YOU WERE SAYING THAT YOU KNOW ALL THE IAMP INSTRUCTORS THEN NOW YOUR TELLING ME THAT YOUR FAMILIAR WITH DEKALB STUDENTS AND ALSO THE PROFESSORS AT DEKALB. IS THAT SOMETHING. YOU KNOW EVERYTHING HUH, DON'T YOU.YOU CAN DOUBT WHATEVER I POSTED, THATS YOUR CHOICE AND I DO NOT CARE IF YOU BELIEVE OR NOT ABOUT IT . THE TRUTH IS SHOWING ON THIS WEBSITE. IF YOU START READING ALL OF THE POST ON THIS WEBSITE, MOST OF THEM ARE POSTING ABOUT HOW BAD IS IAMP.

Again, you avoid the question or the issues. You are NOT a student at Dekalb. You are NOT an ultrasound student. My feeling is that you were terminated from the program. Because of CE meetings and conferences we are acquainted with each other.

D in Decatur, Georgia

73 months ago

Thanks so much for the info. I applied for the program and have everthing in, just waiting to see if I was accepted. I have heard awful things, and yes they were in 2005 or so. I am excited. My only concern is finding a job afterwards. I can't travel b/c I have school age kids. Thanks so much. Do you know anyone that has completed the program and now working in the field?

D in Decatur, Georgia

73 months ago

Sara in Duluth, Georgia said: Theres one Community college in Coosavalley,Grady offers,and also'Institute of Medical ultrasound'.Google the addresses and contact info.Dont consider
SanfordBrown,I finished my course there.I didnt like it they only concentrate on getting there money.I doesnt have good reputation, you may not get job if you didnt get hired as an intern.Thats my experience with that school.

Did you get a job when you finished. It is interesting you say that b/c now that they are accredited, I thought you had a better chance.

D in Decatur, Georgia

73 months ago

Robert Bevokle in New York, New York said: Again, you avoid the question or the issues. You are NOT a student at Dekalb. You are NOT an ultrasound student. My feeling is that you were terminated from the program. Because of CE meetings and conferences we are acquainted with each other.

Hi, I am applying for SB diagnositc program and I tried to keep up with the conversation that you and the other person was having. I do understand that with every school people are going to have issues and problems. My concern is that yes, I wanted to go to an accredited school, in which SB is but I do read neg. comments. I was happy to hear that you come across some and they don't know how to use the machines righ toff. I think with my nursing school exp. I will do fine, but do you find it diff. for SB students to get jobs right out of school.

73 months ago

Robert Bevokle in New York, New York said: Again, you avoid the question or the issues. You are NOT a student at Dekalb. You are NOT an ultrasound student. My feeling is that you were terminated from the program. Because of CE meetings and conferences we are acquainted with each other.

YES, I AM A STUDENT AND GRADUATE AND WORKING AND I AM NOT GOING TO POST MY BUSINESS ON HERE. SO NOW YOUR SHOWING THAT YOUR IN NEW YORK, AWHILE BACK YOU WERE HERE IN ATL. SO WHO IS LYING I THINK YOU ARE. THERES NO WAY THAT YOU LIVE IN NYC THAT YOU ALREADY KNOW ALL THE INSTRUCTOR AND THE STUDENTS HERE IN ATLANTA. RIGHT? SO WHERE ARE YOU REALLY? ITS USED LESS TALKING TO YOU. SO I AM JUST GOING TO LEAVE IT RIGHT HERE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

D in Decatur, Georgia

73 months ago

maybe this is soemone else you are speaking too. I am merely trying to find out about the possiblity of getting a job in atlanta after finishing the Sanford Brown diagnostic program in Atlanta

Wasted Money in Atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

It is a very tight job market in ATL no matter where you went to school. I think that people are not considering the fact that what is most important is how well you do in a program and how you apply yourself at clinicals THEN how you present yourself on an interview... with all that said it is still very hard to get a job in ATL. The market is over-flooded and the bar was raised from "just graduated" to only RDMS. When you apply to some jobs online they will only let you proceed if you have RDMS or planning to sit within the next couple of months.

If you do well in the program you should at least get an interview... employers do look at your GPA. Good luck and don't let one person's opinion get you down.

D in Decatur, Georgia

73 months ago

Thanks so much that was nice to hear. I am going to work really hard and apply for the out skirts of ATL.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.