How long does it take to finish Ultrasound tech school? How do I get started?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 388)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

T in Rocky Mount, North Carolina

51 months ago

Tiffany White in Goldsboro, North Carolina said: Hi,
i am looking into becomeing an ultrasound technician but i dont have much time to go to acual college. I have a one year old little girl, who keeps my hands tied full time. My husband is in the Air Force which leaves little time for him to help. I'm wondering if there is an online school to become a tech? any info will help!!

Lots of different programs out there for US. To get in, many require that you already have a degree in an allied health occupation (ADN, RT, RRT) or an AS. Many private schools (which are the most expensive) will require you to have taken college-level English, Math and Anatomy&Physiology before you can apply. There are very few accredited programs in your area. You might want to check the ARDMS web-site. You can find programs that offer AS, BS and MS degrees.
PittCC, in Greenville and Asheville-BuncombeCC, in Asheville offer AS degrees in US.Obviously Greenville is closest. Although you can do some courses online, ANY program that prepares you to sit for registry will require you to do clinical work in a lab or hospital. Do you already have an Assoc Degree, maybe in Gen Ed?If so, you might want to contact Pitt to see if there are any other courses that you need that can be taken on-line before doing the actual "hands on" classes. You might also, for instance consider taking classes on-line or on base. BTW, JohnstonCC has RT program and LenoirCC has AS in polysomnography, might interest you. WayneCC doesn't do US or RT, but you can do English, Math online with them if you don't have these classes. If you want to go private route you might take through Mt. Olive College.

It is VERY important that you check to see that classes you take will transfer to US program you want to enter, so be sure to contact their admissions office, or better, program director. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T in Rocky Mount, North Carolina

51 months ago

chachou in North Stonington, Connecticut said: I live in eastern ct, and would like to know the closest school to go to be an ultrasound tech. How long does it take from start to finish, and would I have to go to school for all the classes?Is it possible to take some classes online? Being a single mom, I would like to spend time with my daughter.Thank you in advance for replying.

Check this site for ACCREDITED programs in allied health professions, including US. Searchable by state. Good luck, everybody!
www.caahep.org/Find-An-Accredited-Program/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bonnie in Hixson, Tennessee

51 months ago

Liz in Smyrna, Tennessee said: Hi, I've been a LPN for 14+ years and am very interested in becoming an ultrasound tech or CT tech. Does anyone have any advice/suggestions about the transition process? Do you know of any schools in or near Nashville, TN? Any advice is most welcome.

Thanks,
Liz

Hi Liz, There is Two DMS programs in the Nashville area Volunteer State has one www.volstate.edu/DMS/. Also, vanderbilt university has a DMS program www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=sonographyschool.

lyndsayb28 in Toledo, Ohio

51 months ago

Does anyone know of any ultrasound tech schools in Ohio?

BPatter27 in Hixson, Tennessee

51 months ago

Liz in Smyrna, Tennessee said: Thanks for all your help. I will check into
those programs. Yes, I already looked into
Vanderbilt and the admission process is very
long and difficult.

You're welcome. I think it will be helpful to get your EKG technician certificate.

MsPretty in West Palm Beach, Florida

51 months ago

Hi, I'm interested in becoming an ultrasound tech but I'm just not sure how to go about achieving my goal. I have my AA Degree from a community college and also another year of crdits at a florida university where I majored in criminal justice. I want to know what other credits, certificates, or degrees I need to become an UT? Also what school would you recommend in south florida.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Donna in Northport, Alabama

50 months ago

I'm 41 and interested in becoming an ultrasound tech. can someone tell me where do i start looking and would the hospital in my town have such a program that would allow me to work as on the job training and go to school at the same time while getting credits working? e-mail me at donna_wesson2002@yahoo.com

lbeamer20 in Toledo, Ohio

50 months ago

Any schools in OHIO???

J in Palm Springs, California

50 months ago

lbeamer20 in Toledo, Ohio said: Any schools in OHIO???

I do not know of any ultrasound schools in Ohio; however, have you considered an online ultrasound program where all didactic work is completed online? This program, also, requires 2 "hands-on" scan labs that are conducted in a geographical location convenient to student (yes, instructor is able to travel to student's area with ultrasound machine)in a seminar-type environment. These labs are completed prior to beginning clinical rotation so student has knowledge of scanning skills expected. I encourage you to review www.academyofultrasound.com and blog at www.academyofultrasound.com/blog.

Good luck in search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

toni in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

50 months ago

I want to take 4-d pics of unborn babies. Do I need anything special...besides a machine that is. Is it against the law. I wouldn't be practicing medicine.

Lynn's in Belize City, Belize

50 months ago

I would like to know is there is any schools in Belize that can train me to become an ultrasound tech? Any info would be of help... Thanks

dexi in Gainesville, Florida

49 months ago

I am working full time as CS at clinic and i really love to be a ultrasound tech or sonographer, but don't know how i be able to do that. Any idea how long it takes to become ultrasound tech and sono- and still working fulltime. Can they credit some subjects i had for other country, i finished 2 yr for secretarial 10 yrs ago. thank u..

BPatter27 in Hixson, Tennessee

49 months ago

AvaBlue in Peoria, Arizona said: Hello! I am 38 and have a BA in Business Admin but have been out of work for two years due to disability (now resolved). My first choice is Diagnositc Medical Sonography but the only accredited program here has a competitive acceptance policy with healthcare backgrounds being a factor (in addition to those with Bach degrees). I'm concerned I will not make it through. My second choice is Radiation Therapy. The program has a "normal" acceptance policy.

My two questions:
1) Should I apply for both programs in the event I don't get into DMS or would the school see that as a sign I'm not dedicated enough to either program?

2) After graduation, you can only sit for Abdomen and OB/GYN exams. It was my understanding to be a "generalist" one would need Vascular certification as well. Am I mistaken? This school is the only one in AZ that is accredited so any Vascular education enough to sit for that exam is not available.

Any additional input is very much appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!

Hi! I would apply to both programs. I have my Bachelors degree also and I checked with ARDMS. They said under prerequ 3A you can have a Bachelors degree in any major woth 12 months paid scanning experience or go through a formal ultrasound program. I hope this helps!

Plainfield, Illinois in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

49 months ago

samia in Dearborn, Michigan said: hi my name is sam and i am interested to study ultrasound tech, however i did some research to try to find colleges that offer the program and i only ran across OCC but its a 3 yr waiting list, im 25 i need something asap!! anybody in michigan know of any other colleges that offer it. my friend told me she went to chicago for it and it was a 9 month program and cost 7000 dollars which isnt bad but i dont want to move..HELP

Hi Sam, would you happen to know the name of the program in chicago your friend went to???

Eric Cadiente RDCS RVT in Altamonte Springs, Florida

49 months ago

Just as a general suggestion when researching your schools. Think in the long term not just in the short term of getting into an ultrasound program.

1. See if the program is CAAHEP accredited. This makes is easier to sit for the registry after graduating. Students that graduate from non-accredited programs can take the registry, but the pathway is growing increasingly difficult.

2. See if the school has regional accreditation. This will allow you to transfer your credits to any other college in the nation. The reason I saw this is because often sonographers will want to go into management, teaching, applications, or sales further down the road. Most of the the time those positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree if not a Master's degree. If you obtain your education from a non-accredited school those credits will not transfer.

3. Find out the specifics of the clinical sites. The strength of a good program is the variety of clinical sites. By being exposed to in-patient, out-patient, physicians offices, high-risk OB, pediatric cardiology, invasive, OR, and other areas will increase your depth of knowledge and exposure. Be wary of institutions where the students has to find their own clinical site. This is not as easy to do as it seems.

4. Be prepared to eat, drink, sleep ultrasound to obtain your goals. Ultrasound school is hard. It isn't an easy cake walk. If you are married and have kids, make sure that the entire family is 100% behind you because there will be sacrifices made by everyone to achieve your goal.

5. Have the right attitude. To quote a physician that was looking for a sonographer for his echo lab, "...I can teach a person what they need to know. I can't teach them to get along with someone." Have the right attitude. Treat each clinical day as a job interview. If you are good, the lab will remember you when it's time to hire people.

Good luck everyone. I wish you all well in the pursuit of your goals

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

avabluesub in Peoria, Arizona said: @Eric - That was an azwesome reply - thank you!

Another question is why are there so few schools, all with very limited spots available??? Since this is a growing field with a ton of interested students, I don't understand why schools aren't jumping on this. I'm very concerned about never getting in a program.

The reason for most accredited schools is because of lack of clinical space. The 2007 CAAHEP Standards & Guidelines requires that there be at least a 1:1 ratio of appropriately credential sonographer to student. The problem can often be that a site might have a sonography credentialed/registered in OB (RDMS-OB) but the student needs someone registered vascular(RVT) to sign off on their paperwork for a venous study. The problem isn't in the classroom size (it's not much more difficult to teach 20 students rather than 10 students), but in providing excellent and varied clinical experience. Hope this helps.

49 months ago

avabluesub in Peoria, Arizona said: Thank you! You and the forum in general have been very, very helpful. It isn't easy starting life over again and having to be 100000% sure the exact career path is the right one. Being 38, there are no more do-overs.

Good luck. I've seen u/s students in their late 40's graduate and have successful careers. One other thing, alot of students work very hard to get into a program, and once in the program, they think the hard part is done. The exact opposite is true. If you thought getting in is hard...making it through the program will be one of the most mentally grueling challenges you will ever face. Ultrasound education is not a semester long "memorize and dump" each class as you go program. A properly set up curriculum is designed for students to building on the knowledge base and skill set that they learned in the previous semester. You have to carry that knowledge, learn how to implement it in clinical scenario, and utilize your critical thinking to ascertain how to best obtain the information to present to the reading physician so that the clinician can then make decisions on patient care. Good luck and go at it!

49 months ago

avabluesub in Peoria, Arizona said: @Eric: You are awesome! Warm fuzzies to you! ANY - and I mean ANY - information and guidance is very much appreciated. :)

no problem. I will try and monitor this as often as I can for anyone that desires my input. I want to be up front. I work for an institution that has an ultrasound program, but I am trying to keep my answers from having any bias towards our program.

49 months ago

avabluesub in Peoria, Arizona said: Understandable and admirable.

One conflict of info I'm getting is the amount of time spent standing/walking. I have two nurses in my family. Both work in hospitals and interact with UT's often and they both say they never see them standing. Yet, all online research I'm doing says 75-80% of the time is standing. Why the discrepancy? Does it differ among specialties? Thanks!!! :)

I sat as often as I could. If I am doing a study in the lab I usually sat in a chair. If I was doing a bedside exam sometimes utilizing a chair is simply not possible due to equipment being in the way. Sit as often as you can. Utilize good ergonomic practices.

The dirty little secret about ultrasound is that there is a high incidence of work related musculoskeletal injury (more commonly referred to as work related musculoskeletal disorders WRMSD). Sonographers that ignore the signs and symptoms of WRMSD run the risk of eventually scanning in pain and possible leaving the field due to disability. The industry understands this and has started to make machines more ergonomically friendly and even CAAHEP has instituted in their 2007 Standard & Guidelines that WRMSD education should be included in all curriculum.

If you do go into ultrasound, scan smart. If it hurts don't do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

KEENBROWNEYES@MSN.COM in Whittier, California

49 months ago

katie in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I have been looking into going to school to be a Ultrasound tech and I was wondering how long does it take from start to finish, and does anyone know of any schools in Utah that would be good?

21 MONTHS

help in Elmwood Park, Illinois

49 months ago

Our class action lawsuit was certified. We are looking for people who took the DMS Sonography course through PCCTI. Please contact our attorney by email at eoh@ditommasolaw.com.

schools ripped us off in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

49 months ago

too many schools, no jobs.

www.change.org/petitions/view/tell_the_obama_administration_we_need_more_protection_from_for-profit_education_rip-offs

tell the goverment about preditory schools cost, sign this only a few more signatures, spread the word!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

becky in Charlotte, North Carolina

48 months ago

Hello,
Does anyone know if there any Ultrasound Tech schools in Charlotte?

FranBan in Boynton Beach, Florida

48 months ago

Tiff847 in Long Beach, California said: Hello! I am currently in an accredited school for u/s and I have no experience in the medical field what so ever, and i am not required to first get a degree as a radiologist. the program is a certificate program, and with a few extra classes you can earn your AS degree. The school is cypress college here in southern california. The only other school out here that is accredited is orange coast college, and that school has a three year wait list. Both schools are community colleges and the program is 18 months.

I know there are 9 Courses before you can start the program, how long does that take? THANKS!

48 months ago

FranBan in Boynton Beach, Florida said: I know there are 9 Courses before you can start the program, how long does that take? THANKS!

There is an "online" ultrasound program offered. Go to www.academyofultrasound.com

All didactic work is completed online and scan labs are completed in location convenient to student. Clinical rotation is, also, completed convenient to student's schedule.

This is just another option.

Mrs. Vance in Lansing, Illinois

48 months ago

I am 38 years old and have no college degree. I want to go to school to become an ultrasound tech. What do I have to do? Do I need a degree first? If so should I go for my Associate's or Bachelor's? Also does anyone know of any accredited school's in the south suburban area of Chicago? Please help!!!

COD girl in Glendale Heights, Illinois

48 months ago

Where is Lansing Illinois?

COD girl in Glendale Heights, Illinois

48 months ago

There are two accredited programs. Triton College and College of Dupage. Visit the websites to see requirements. If you have questions let me know.

tanyas_stuff in Clearfield, Utah

48 months ago

Michelle in Rancho Santa Margarita, California said: Hi, I am a 40 year old full-time mom who needs to go back to work. I have a bachelor degree from BYU. I am very interested in becoming an ultrasound technician. Since I already have my bachelors, where would be the best place to start?

did you ever find the answer to your question? I am also in the same boat...I even have a degree from BYU also. I would love to know what you ended up doing.

jasmin in Mount Vernon, Ohio

47 months ago

Kristen C in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan said: Sara,
OCC has a great program. you will need your associates then an extra 11 credits. full time it will take you 2 years. you can enroll and take a night class per semester now to get a head start. i think you can take a class and get high school credit too. make an appointment with a counselor at occ ASAP!! you can also check it out on their website. take this advice from a 37 year old wife and mother having to go back to school because my Associates of liberal arts is making me no $$. if you work at a doctors office hours are normal m-f. hospitals vary.

Hi, my name is Jasmin I am in the 8th grade and i was just wondering at what grade during high school i can attend College??

blue island, IL in Gary, Indiana

47 months ago

katie in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I have been looking into going to school to be a Ultrasound tech and I was wondering how long does it take from start to finish, and does anyone know of any schools in Utah that would be good?

It usually takes about 3 years if you are going to school full time other wise it might take up to 4 years but in the end the pay is worth it

blue island, IL in Gary, Indiana

47 months ago

Roz in Chicago, Illinois said: I am intrested in becoming a ultrsound Tech. Are there any schools in chicago.

yea there is kaplan which is in Indiana is a good school and so is Sanford Brown thats where i am currently going to become and ultrasound tech and so far so good.

47 months ago

blue island, IL in Gary, Indiana said: yea there is kaplan which is in Indiana is a good school and so is Sanford Brown thats where i am currently going to become and ultrasound tech and so far so good.

Another option is online training with conveniently-located scan labs. Take a look at www.academyofultrasound.com for Echo, Vascular, and General/Vascular offered. This is a great alternative to a physical "brick-and-mortar-type" school in which you have to fight for a parking space, fight traffic, and sit for hours. Anyway, check it out.

Good luck in your research.

Cherokees in Ten Mile, Tennessee

47 months ago

Hi! I am a frehman and I am doing a research paper and I am trying to figure out how much it will cost to go to college to become an ultrasound tech!!! If anyone knows plz let me know!!! Thanks!!

Abi in Plymouth, Wisconsin

47 months ago

Hi I am looking to become an Ultrasound Tech. I haven't taken any college courses yet because I don't know where to begin..should I just take my gen. Ed's at any college or should I go to a medical college?? Please help I'm soo lost!

47 months ago

Abi in Plymouth, Wisconsin said: Hi I am looking to become an Ultrasound Tech. I haven't taken any college courses yet because I don't know where to begin..should I just take my gen. Ed's at any college or should I go to a medical college?? Please help I'm soo lost!

It can be overwhelming when pursuing new avenues. Since you have not taken any post-secondary courses as of yet, you can 1) complete your pre-requisites at a local community college; then, enroll in an ultrasound program OR 2) find an ultrasound program that offers pre-requisites along with the ultrasound program in order to save a LOT of time and hassle.

Also, I would suggest the possibility of an "online" program. This way, you would not have the inconvenience of traveling back-and-forth to a "brick-and-mortar" location fighting traffic and for a parking spot; this can completely interrupt anyone's tight schedule.

The MAIN advice I can give is to be sure to RESEARCH and ASK QUESTIONS (do YOUR homework) before making the decision that is right for you. Don't take everyone's word for information, CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF!

Good Luck.

www.academyofultrasound.com

Mantaray in Inwood, New York

47 months ago

avabluesub in Peoria, Arizona said: @J in Palm Springs: Are you a representative of the Academy Of Ultrasound? I have been trying to get information (pros and cons, opinions) on going to an online school but having no luck in getting responses. My main concern is learning an "active" skill without being with instructors for one on one guidance and from what I've heard on the boards here, clinical employees do not take on the role of teachers or guides to help. Any feedback from you or anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Although the convenience of an online program is tempting, I would only go that route if I was already working in a particular field. For example, a registered nurse who is working full time and getting their bachelors through an online program is okay IMO. Or another example, someone with a steady position in the radiology field (like an X-ray tech) who wants to cross train in Ultrasound.

But if I was starting out, would I get my initial Nursing or Ultrasound degree online? HELL NO! I can't see any employer hiring someone in a hands on field with mostly on-line training. (why don't you investigate and see if anyone in your area has gotten a job with online training only?) A good program will have a variety of top notch clinical sites and rotate you through them for at least a year and a half. That's the key to whole thing and online programs don't have established relationships to set up the proper clinicals to land a job IMO..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Mantaray in Inwood, New York said:
Your are certainly entitled to your opinion. What works for one may not work for others. However, you are incorrect in assuming you do not receive the proper "hands-on" experience required. Also,the Academy of Ultrasound DOES have QUALITY clinical sites available in several different states as well as other options for students to complete clinical rotations. In addition, there are 2 "hands-on" scan labs required, 1- prior to clinicals, and the 2nd after rotation has begun. These labs are VERY convenient to the student as our instructors are able to travel to them with to conduct the hands-on scan labs. Also, before student graduates from any of the sonography programs offered, they will have taken and secured their registries. Unlike other ultrasound schools, the Academy takes there obligation to the student seriously by going a step further in continuing their mutual relationship until student has not only taken and passes registry(ies);but also has secured a position.

www.academyofultrasound.com

47 months ago

avabluesub in Peoria, Arizona said: @J in Palm Springs: Are you a representative of the Academy Of Ultrasound? I have been trying to get information (pros and cons, opinions) on going to an online school but having no luck in getting responses. My main concern is learning an "active" skill without being with instructors for one on one guidance and from what I've heard on the boards here, clinical employees do not take on the role of teachers or guides to help. Any feedback from you or anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Good question. Let me assure you that great lengths have been taken to ensure that the students receive the scan time required prior to beginning clinical rotation. By that time, as with any ultrasound clinical rotation, there has to be a "registered" preceptor at the clinical site who will oversee and be able to assess the student's scanning techniques and ability. So in answer to your question, without knowing exactly where you are receiving your information, I would say that there are facilities who may adopt that idea;however, there are those facilities who are eager to accept students.

I hope this helps.

For mor information, please email info@academyofultrasound.com

Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

catmiller in San Diego, California

46 months ago

I have been doing research to help me decide which career I would like to get into.
I have some post-secondary classes under my belt but I would still need to finish my associates degree...
I live in the San Diego, Ca.
I am curious if anyone in the area knows of any schools (accredited not trying to steal my money, etc) in which I can do the general education and the technical training at the same time or at least same program.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Lorena in Cerritos, California

46 months ago

PCI College, Cerritos has a great DMS program, it is an 18 month program and at PCI College we are committed to providing quality training for those interested in pursuing a career in Computers and Allied Health fields.

www.pci-ed.com

46 months ago

Try www.pci-ed.com for infomation for DMS.

Sonia in Granada Hills, California

46 months ago

Lorena in Cerritos, California said: PCI College, Cerritos has a great DMS program, it is an 18 month program and at PCI College we are committed to providing quality training for those interested in pursuing a career in Computers and Allied Health fields.

www.pci-ed.com

Im sorry but i have to STRONGLY disagree with you Lorena. I would not recommend that school simply because they graduate students regardless of them not knowing the sonography basics. Huge disappointment

Justine really from Whiteriver, Arizona in Riverside, California

46 months ago

Hello, I'm Justine. I'm from the White Mountain Apache Tribe and I want to be the fisrt one in my family to have sucess in my education. I'm still in high school but my career choice is ultrasound tech. or sonographer. I want to know if there is any colleges in Arizona? Also I'm not so sure if I could afford it but I want to try. Is there any thing I could do to get in, like get a scholarship or something? I really want to be sucessful.....

46 months ago

Hello Justine, You can start by completing the Federal Student Aid (www.fasa.gov) to see what kind of funding you may qualify for and select a college campus by visiting www.arrt.org or www.ARDMS.org but you must first complete your high school diploma or GED.

I found some few AR colleges, call them and speak to an advisor as a starting point.

DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY
ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY
PO BOX 910
STATE UNIVERSITY, AR 72467
Program Director: DEANNA M BARYMON

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL ULTRASOUND PROGRAM
GATEWAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
108 N 40TH ST
PHOENIX, AZ 85034-
Program Director: BRYAN S DODD Telephone:

Jules in Gretna, Louisiana

45 months ago

dee in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Lsu-E in Eunice, La has an ultrasound program. I am about to take my intro class this semester.

dee, are you in the DMS program at LSUe? How competitive is the program? Thanks!

45 months ago

Sonia in Granada Hills, California said: Im sorry but i have to STRONGLY disagree with you Lorena. I would not recommend that school simply because they graduate students regardless of them not knowing the sonography basics. Huge disappointment

With all due respect. The success is within the students in any field and it is our job to surpass any professor (a Vogel principle Human and Environment thanks Petersen!). As a student, it is our job to capture learning and use the skill. "Blaming someone else for our failure is an easy way out".

Sonia in Los Angeles, California

45 months ago

Lorena in Cerritos, California said: With all due respect. The success is within the students in any field and it is our job to surpass any professor (a Vogel principle Human and Environment thanks Petersen!). As a student, it is our job to capture learning and use the skill. "Blaming someone else for our failure is an easy way out".

I completely agree with you on the fact that success is up to the student being that I AM an ultrasound instructor. Matter of fact, i think that the instructor that does the lectures is an amazing instructor (im referring to the radiologist in the Cerritos campus ONLY). The point im trying to get across is that the director and SOME of the schools staff does not care about the individual success of each and every student(hence the bad rep the school holds in sonography). That is what makes it disappointing, the fact that the director simply sees students as a money sign.

Sonia in Los Angeles, California

45 months ago

Sonia in Los Angeles, California said: I completely agree with you on the fact that success is up to the student being that I AM an ultrasound instructor. Matter of fact, i think that the instructor that does the lectures is an amazing instructor (im referring to the radiologist in the Cerritos campus ONLY). The point im trying to get across is that the director and SOME of the schools staff does not care about the individual success of each and every student(hence the bad rep the school holds in sonography). That is what makes it disappointing, the fact that the director simply sees students as a money sign.

I'll end this by simply stating that this is why prospective new student MUST do as much research on sonography as possible because no one enjoys having a huge tuition and nothing to show for it.

45 months ago

Sonia in Los Angeles, California said: I'll end this by simply stating that this is why prospective new student MUST do as much research on sonography as possible because no one enjoys having a huge tuition and nothing to show for it.

Thank you, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would never accuse anyone of wrong doing. I care about my students success as my mentors cared for me. So, student ask the school about the placement grade and do research on any school (career) before you commit your time and energy. Stay POSITIVE and reach your goal :)

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.