What to study for RVT RDMS exam? Vascular Technology registry exam.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (701 to 750 of 795)
Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15  16  Next »   Last »

Roger RCS, RDCS (AE,PE) RVT in Burlingame, California

13 months ago

Tammy in Plymouth, Michigan said: Not yet but I am studying for it.

Tammy, I'm not sure if it is the same way, but when I took adult echo through CCI, they asked a few more clinically related questions that ARDMS's adult echo.

I dont know if it is the same way with CCI's test. I just know that CCI is more cardiovascular focused compared to ARDMS's ultrasound focus. Maybe it is not the same, but in any case, share you thoughts when you complete the RVS.

Thanks in Advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tammys in Plymouth, Michigan

13 months ago

I am not taking the echo exam, I am taking the vascular exam. I have worked in the clinical setting for almost 5 years so I do not think I will have a problem but we will see.

Roger RCS, RDCS (AE,PE) RVT in Burlingame, California

13 months ago

tammys in Plymouth, Michigan said: I am not taking the echo exam, I am taking the vascular exam. I have worked in the clinical setting for almost 5 years so I do not think I will have a problem but we will see.

I know you are not taking the echo exam, but I'm just saying that I've heard CCI's registries are more than just ultrasound. What problems were you having in the RVT test?

13 months ago

I work at a vein clinic so I do not get any arterial scanning experience. So I think that is my main problem. I went to school for general ultrasound and I have taught myself vascular. I have looked into review classes, taken online review courses and still cannot seem to pass. I know what I am doing in my job but no idea why I cannot seem to pass the rvt. It really frustrates me. The last time I took it, I really felt that I passed and got a score of 529?!?! When you don't get the test back to see what you got wrong and why you really don't know how and where your weaknesses are, it is very confusing. Everything on the sheet that they give back to me always says, may require more study. So I have to look under different avenues because starting in 2014, I have to be registered to continue with my job.
Thanks for your input and if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Roger RCS RDCS (AE,PE) RVT in Oakland, California

13 months ago

Tammy,

CCI has the Registered Phlebotomy sonographer exam!!! I wanted to take this, but since I dont work in a vein clinic, I cant sit for it even though I've had training in venous insufficiency.

I will be honest,I dont know if the CCI would be any different for the RVS compared to the RVT. Just by comparison of the study list and asking a few folks that took that route, they told me they cover much the same subjects (Cerebral vascular, arterial and venous), just possibly not to the same percentage.

Besides that I would suggest an ESP course, which I'm sure you know of or have probably taken prior. If you work part time, possibly find a vascular lab at a local hospital and ask to observe, or maybe the MD's you work can find something for you to get more exposure if that is what you need.

I wish you luck regardless.

Vascular nut in Forest Hills, New York

13 months ago

I'm looking to buy Davies Vascular Cd. Pls email me at oceanriviera@yahoo.com
Thanks!

sweedy2004 in Edison, New Jersey

12 months ago

patty in Utica, Michigan said: I am RDMS in abdomen and ob/gyn looking for job since 1 year. I see more ad's for vascular so I would like to try for vascular but I never did CAROTID's or ARTERIALS . What is the best way to learn to scan carotids and arterials and pass the boards. PLEASE NEED HELP.ALMOST ONE YEAR NO JOB.

Hi everyone.
I have a lot of material for SPI review
Abdomen review
Vascular review
Neurosonology
I would like to exchange to OBGYN material.
Any -Mock exams, flashcards,audio,questions and answers.
I have some OBGYN books-so no interest in books or school notes. Only review audio,flash cards, mock exams .
Please contact me
swangirla@yahoo.com

April in Overland Park, Kansas

12 months ago

Roger RCS RDCS (AE,PE) RVT in Oakland, California said: I haven't taken the CCI one, but I did find the RVT pretty intense. I didnt know that Chi's Square would have quite a few questions.

So have you taken CCI's RVS?

Whats Chi's Square??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GeminiBreeze in Carlstadt, New Jersey

12 months ago

Tammy, take the RVS from CCI. People say it's the same, but it's not. I have both RVS and RVT and the RVS is much easier to pass.

12 months ago

Thank you so much for the insight. Been getting so discouraged.

12 months ago

April in Overland Park, Kansas said: Whats Chi's Square??

It is for lab percentages. For instance, You want to know out of your total patients the true positive vs the false positives or True negatives to false negatives.

It's kinda confusing, but it's quality assurance.

12 months ago

tammys in Plymouth, Michigan said: Thank you so much for the insight. Been getting so discouraged.

When you take the RVS, come back and tell everyone the difference was.

If you are not good in arterial, then you know what you need to study. But arterial questions are gonna pop up on the RVS.

Good luck and I think you will be fine. Just study up on what you believe is your weakness.

12 months ago

GeminiBreeze in Carlstadt, New Jersey said: Tammy, take the RVS from CCI. People say it's the same, but it's not. I have both RVS and RVT and the RVS is much easier to pass.

Can you tell everyone why it was easier? the RVT was tough, but I passed. I thought of going for the RVS, but I was told it had a bit more than just clinical aspects by techs who have taken both.

If CCI would let me sit for the RPhs, then I would put more effort to sit for the RVS, but many of my vascular folks say that the RVT is good enough.

ggmilwaukee in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

12 months ago

do you still have all these materials I am very interested please email me aT ggmilwaukee@gmail.com

Russ in New York, New York said: I passed my Vascular exam and now I'm selling the materials that I used.

1- Ultra P.A.S.S. Vascular Ultrasound Technology Workbook with 4 audio narrations discs and 1 pathology DVD.
This book is very helpful - $70 or best offer.

2- Ultra P.A.S.S. Vascular Ultrasound Technology Flashcards with audio narration CD- 390 Questions - $35(new costs - $57).

3- ULTRA P.A.S.S CD Exam Review: Vascular Technology Ultrasound Registry Review Product - $50(new costs $75),
or buy all 3 items as a bundle for only $145 as opposed to buying the new online for $236.****All items are in good condition. Shipping is separate. Paypal or Chase bank payment accepted. Please, be serious and do your search as I don't have time answering questions about the products. They are very helpful! I passed my test with a high score.

Elyas in Tracy, California

12 months ago

anyone have the davies vascular cd-rom please email me if you want to sell it alichakari@gmail.com thanks

rollins1@live.com in New London, Wisconsin

12 months ago

tommy in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I have the brand new release of Davies vascular Technology CD rom for $75. I Can cover shipping costs. It is excellent with 600 questions. It has diagrams,videos, images,illustrations and explanations. It is really a must for rvt board. Give me your email if interesed. No haggling please.

I would be interested in these.

Aprilanne in Kansas

12 months ago

I have ESP RVT flashcards for sale if anyone is interested.
adorvault@yahoo.com

khaalis.poston in Oakland, California

12 months ago

Any one take the new vascular exam yet..or have any insight on the new material covered on the exam .they got rid of alit but they also added a lot..thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ESP Ultrasound in Spring, Texas

12 months ago

L6870 in Texas said: Alriught folks, I just did round two of this monster. Thought it was a cake-walk and was gonna pass....until I get the fail paper. So, any advice? I used X-zone and Davies, but keep getting stuck on the stupid QA false positive crap and grafts. Any advice? And anybody know based on your score how many you missed?

ESP Ultrasound has a registry review program in Houston in early September www.esp-inc.com It is fabulous!

vips in Edison, New Jersey

12 months ago

dchauger@yahoo.com in Johnstown, Pennsylvania said: I am lookinf for edlemans vasuclar review from his seminar? plaese e mailat dchauger@yahoo.com If your intrested in selling it

I have edlemans vascular review. It will be $160 plus shipping charges. Let me know. vadhiya@yahoo.com

Thanks.

sydjay00 in Miami, Florida

12 months ago

Does anyone have vascular case studies for sale, contact me at sydjay00@hotmail.com

oarmine in Brooklyn, New York

12 months ago

Does anyone have new vascular test .please let me know.

Shalee_2003 in Hanover, New Hampshire

12 months ago

Pearly in Hong Kong, Hong Kong said: I just passed the RVT!
I am wanting to sell all of my RVT study material because don't need them anymore.
I studied intense for 2to 3 weeks and passed with a 633 for first attempt using only this materials.
For a list of what it is, Please contact me through email: book4sale2u@gmail.com. I don't get on here much anymore.
Thank you GOOD LUCK!!

Can u tell me what u studied please?

Shalee_2003 in Hanover, New Hampshire

12 months ago

If anyone has any rvt notes outlines or materials please email me at shalee_2003@yahoo.com

duttasuvash in Forest Hills, New York

11 months ago

Does anyone have Edlemans Vascular review book, I'm interested to buy, please email me with offer at scd68mkt74usa@yahoo.com

Dutta

Pilates in Santee, California

11 months ago

Hello Everyone , I Will be taking My exam At The end Of The month, i am studying but i feel like i dont know enough :( , i havent been studying in The last months , i hope god helps me because is very important for me to pass this exam and i can change The appointment , i Will have to pay again and schedule again... But you never know maybe i do pass , My problem is that At School they only have me one month Of vas uñas and i had to study everything by myself ,With no help , i Still cant undestand about The " ABI " if you have any website where i can learn With vídeos about ir please let me know thanks !!!!

11 months ago

Sorry for te spelling " keyboard" At School they only give me one month Of vascular * i meant

tammys in New Baltimore, Michigan

11 months ago

I am studying from Todds cardiovascular review book and I am finding it very informative. I am going to take the CCI exam so I can be an RVS. I have given up on the RVT. After taking it 6 times, I just cannot take the disappointment anymore. THe CCI exam has a 57% pass rate where the RVT has a 35% pass rate. I know what I am doing at my job and the doctors that I work for are very happy with my work but in order for me to stay employed in 2014, I must be registered. SO I think this is the better way to go for me.

Sheena in Palmetto, Florida

11 months ago

Does anyone have the davies Vascular Technology CD-ROM Mock Exam available for sale? please email me at sheenaarnold14@aol.com I'm interested

donya in Fort Worth, Texas

11 months ago

Do you know the deadline for tech to be registered in RVT or RVS for Medicare reimbursement?

dfr110 in Lawton, Oklahoma

11 months ago

donya...on a macro level it actually varies from State to State and even within the States, ultimately varies by whomever your fiscal intermediary is. Best way to determine this is to get on the SDMS website. On this website they have a very well-designed method for finding out the answer. Just be sure to follow the steps carefully. This should ultimately help you.

Donya in Dallas, Texas

11 months ago

dfr110 in Lawton, Oklahoma said: donya...on a macro level it actually varies from State to State and even within the States, ultimately varies by whomever your fiscal intermediary is. Best way to determine this is to get on the SDMS website. On this website they have a very well-designed method for finding out the answer. Just be sure to follow the steps carefully. This should ultimately help you.

Thanks I will do that...I have been hearing different answers from different people but no clear answer...So hopefully this site clears it up for me...

Donya in Dallas, Texas

11 months ago

tammys in New Baltimore, Michigan said: I am studying from Todds cardiovascular review book and I am finding it very informative. I am going to take the CCI exam so I can be an RVS. I have given up on the RVT. After taking it 6 times, I just cannot take the disappointment anymore. THe CCI exam has a 57% pass rate where the RVT has a 35% pass rate. I know what I am doing at my job and the doctors that I work for are very happy with my work but in order for me to stay employed in 2014, I must be registered. SO I think this is the better way to go for me.

DO you have a deadline to get your RVT in 2014? Has your job gave you a deadline?

Donya in Dallas, Texas

11 months ago

Pilates in Santee, California said: Hello Everyone , I Will be taking My exam At The end Of The month, i am studying but i feel like i dont know enough :( , i havent been studying in The last months , i hope god helps me because is very important for me to pass this exam and i can change The appointment , i Will have to pay again and schedule again... But you never know maybe i do pass , My problem is that At School they only have me one month Of vas uñas and i had to study everything by myself ,With no help , i Still cant undestand about The " ABI " if you have any website where i can learn With vídeos about ir please let me know thanks !!!!

What is it that you don't understand about "ABI's"?

tammys in New Baltimore, Michigan

11 months ago

January of 2014

donya in Garland, Texas

11 months ago

tammys in New Baltimore, Michigan said: January of 2014

Is your job giving you to January 2014 for you to be registered or that is the national deadline for all tech to be registered?

tammys in Farmington, Michigan

11 months ago

yes

donya in Garland, Texas

11 months ago

tammys in Farmington, Michigan said: yes

yes to both questions?

Sheri in League City, Texas

11 months ago

Has anyone used the Ocean Ultrasound review material to study for the RVS/RVT??? If so your opinion please! Thanks!!

shy in Memphis, Tennessee

11 months ago

Karen in Hollywood, Florida said: Greetings to you ESP in ultrasound its funny how people have been sharing notes almost two years in the making on this site and then as soon as I request the notes the devil shows up and start talking about whats illegal...I know I must be going to pass my test because the devil hates to see me win! the devil has been showing up all my life for as long as I can remember trying to block my blessings and again sure enough he shows up on a blog site of all places this is confirmation to me that I am a child of God and when I show up the devil gets scared! Thank God I got my notes just in the nick of time! Devil you are a liar! And no weapon formed against me shall prosper!!! So look out world i'm about to ace this exam! So devil get beneath my feet!

I was wondering if you could share your notes. Even if you don't ...I pray you ace the exam. Cause it's been tough for me.
thx
sheilay2005@comcaast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

Is 100 % true The devil hate that people progresa , i have and exam At The end Of this month and i feel like i dont know enought for this test but i am sure god Will help me , please share Your notes With me yanetberon@gmail.com
I think those exáms are making us crazy and nervious , i am so nervious already i wish to pass please i hope god help me to pass , thi is My obsession!
With to all Of you The BEST !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

Sorry for My spelling* keyboard Lol , you all know what i Mean anyways ..

Wish u all The BEST and i am so nervious for My board , almost there ... Wish My luck and please share Your notes With me :) please please yanetberon@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

edunn in Atlanta, Georgia

10 months ago

Hey yall,
Taking RVT in November. Just curious, those of you who have already passed, how long did you study for before you took the test?

Pilates in Phoenix, Arizona

10 months ago

I took a RVT CCI examen yestarday and I faliled. The examen was not hard but i didnt not study enough , if you study you Will pass it . They ask you a little bit Of everything.. Planning to take it again in 60 days!

Vie in Sacramento, California

10 months ago

L6870 in Texas said: Do you have this document you can email to me? leigh6870@yahoo.com

Are you selling your CD? Pls. email me at evskie2u@yahoo.com

LaDonna Reid in Fort Worth, Texas

10 months ago

edunn in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey yall,
Taking RVT in November. Just curious, those of you who have already passed, how long did you study for before you took the test?

When you are finished with your exam are you willing to sell your study material? Do you by chance have the ESP Vascular workbook?

salma in Macclenny, Florida

10 months ago

email me: sabouelhouda@ymail.com

oarmine in Brooklyn, New York

9 months ago

Hi.I am looking for a tutor who can help me to pass my vascular exam. I just can't do it on my own. Or, if you are in NYC area and want to study together, please contact me. If you know a tutor in NYC area, let me know. Thank you

pilates in San Diego, California

9 months ago

oarmine in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi.I am looking for a tutor who can help me to pass my vascular exam. I just can't do it on my own. Or, if you are in NYC area and want to study together, please contact me. If you know a tutor in NYC area, let me know. Thank you

I failed it last month..is horrible to fail :( i couldnt study more because i was moving and next month i have my family vacation programed since last year,so i guess i will start study at the end of december or january.. i dont really know where to start over again... this is a big problem that i have in my life ....i need to pass this exam..i am not in New York City ,i am in california but please if you get any information of good books or something let me know... i have a good memory and i still remember some of the questions that they ask me but i guess every test is diferent...good look to you and please keep me update with info..

pilates in San Diego, California

9 months ago

pilates in San Diego, California said: I failed it last month..is horrible to fail :( i couldnt study more because i was moving and next month i have my family vacation programed since last year,so i guess i will start study at the end of december or january.. i dont really know where to start over again... this is a big problem that i have in my life ....i need to pass this exam..i am not in New York City ,i am in california but please if you get any information of good books or something let me know... i have a good memory and i still remember some of the questions that they ask me but i guess every test is diferent...good look to you and please keep me update with info..

sorry for the spelling...damn keyboard..... ...asked* luck* ..............

Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15  16  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.