What to study for RVT RDMS exam? Vascular Technology registry exam.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 785)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

AmyRVT in Helena, Alabama

48 months ago

I studied Vascular Technology: An Illustrated Review, by Rumwell, 4th Edition and passed the first time with a 628 but I put alot of studying time in!! Be sure to know the cerebrovascular arteries and what is normal flow for each vessel. Know your anatomy for sure. There were several angio pictures and understand specificity and sensitivity because I think there were at least 5 questions on it. Mostly everything on my exam was in this book but the registry was very hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

dabogs7 in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

ketu in Orlando, Florida said: Does any one has sell for vascular mock exam for davis and x zone/

i have copy of davies vascular cd-rom, $50. (plus $5. shipping if you're in the US)... email me: dabogs@hotmail.com

:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

GRad in Palm Harbor, Florida said: ok. if you are able to copy it or cant sell it let me know. thanks!

i'll can burn you a copy for $40. plus $5 shipping...email me: dabogs@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

helpneeded in San Angelo, Texas

48 months ago

Hey I am doing the x-zones and wanted to know if any of the question are on the exam. I was told that many of the questions are from the test itself, similar at least. I have read the Rumwell, I did the Davies mock questions and now got the x-zones for 5 days....I don't know what more to do.....I still get quite a few wrong, but those questions are related to clinical stuff....is there a lot of questions like that on the exam?

ali in Hollywood, Florida

48 months ago

from x zone learn direction of flow,specificity and sensitivity, spectral pattern if proximal cc occlusion, ic pattern if intracranial ic occlusion,cc pattern if ic occlusion, flow in transcranial vessels,subclavian steal, different appearance of ulcers,velocity and flow pattern at site of stenosis,what is direction if transcranial window and if transorbital acces and what vessel if sub occipital approach
also very important is normal velocities in graft and diagnosis of graft failure, renal transplant failure, intrarenal vessels resistivity and sensitivity index
identify renal vein, sma celiac vessels ivc
also mesenteric colic, effct of inspiration and expiration on both lower and upper extremity flow also diagnosing, superficial veis and deep veins valve problem
MY POINT IS THERE ARE ABOUT 170 QUESTIONS AND THREE HOURS SO EVERY THING IS EASILY COVERED BY BOARDS
GOOD LUCK
PRAY ALLAH FOR EASINES

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Megs in Central Point, Oregon

48 months ago

Any of You RVT's need a change of scenery? check out ultrasoundjobs.com

Jess in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

47 months ago

dbaryosef in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Has anybody used the ESP x-zone for studying for the vascular technology exam? If yes did you find it helpful? I'm using it now and I find it extremely confusing and hoping that the ARDMS exam does not compare to it... Did you find the Ardms EXAM TO BE EASIER? (oops caps lock). I'm also using the Davies CD and find it a lot more helpful and more descriptive...

I used the x-zone. I honestly do not think I would have passed without it!! about 40% of my questions came from it. I did buy the 15 day package for $99.00 and it cycled through new ?'s it seemed daily. Or would at least add new ones to the mix. I took it this morning & passed. So happy and relieved!!! Now a RDCS & RVT :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

use davies the most and then reinforce u concept from x zone,for sure x zone makes u feel low so stick to davies,specially its image questions ,but keep reading regularly x zones so end of day u have clear concept about everything question pattern is more like davies so dont let x zone depress u as x zone information by reading again and again is help u pass the exam

kadir in Houston, Texas

47 months ago

If anyone wants to sell Davies' RVT exam study stuff, please e-mail me at kyolcu2@juno.com

kadir in Houston, Texas

47 months ago

Can anyone please explain me the differences between RVS and RVT in terms of finding a job. Is it easy to find a job if I get RVS.

47 months ago

i give rvt telephone tutoring

shazia in Chicago, Illinois

47 months ago

Is someone selling vascular technology mock exam cd. Please email me at shazakh at gmail.com Thanks

anita123 in texas, Texas

47 months ago

Passed my RVT exam on March 26!!........Its very hard guys but not in the sense of material but more like trick questions. Everything is left with two possible answers and you are left debating which one is the better answer. Here is what I remember from the test. Know your symptoms for lower ext arterial/vascular and how they compare to ABI, know your carotid/vertebral symptoms and how they compare to velocities. Anatomy pictures of PTV, ATV and Per (not ultrasound pictures), know how to calculate ABI. DEF know Sensitivity/Spec/Neg PP/Positive PP/ accuracy!!!, Allen test, Bypass (what material is used, what veins are used for what type of grafts), Stenosis is grafts, Stenosis is Renal Artery, AAA and risk factors, Picture of the butterfly (MCA and ACA), know the depths, SMA after eating before eating, Celiac velocities should not change with/without eating, Which flows are low resistance and high resistance. Analog graphs. Know how a waveform reflects the cardiac cycle, volume ppg, Carotid velocites related to %stenosis and collaterals for intracranial stenosis, few questions on when you have a steady venous flow where is the dx, Ascending and descending venographs, reynolds and that is all I can remember.........but study hard....do the xzones if you can....and when you get a question wrong go look it up read the paragraph/chapter......that way you will cover everything you don't know...that is how i studied after I read Rumwell like 2 times.........its a good way to review what you know and don't know......Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Timur Bats in Suffolk, New York

47 months ago

Hi, Can anyone please tell me what is the best study guide for RVT exam?

anita123 in texas, Texas

47 months ago

Timur Bats in Suffolk, New York said: Hi, Can anyone please tell me what is the best study guide for RVT exam?

I just took my exam. I read Rumwell,Davies mock exam for vascular and x-zones. At the least, read Rumwell multiple times and do x-zones. I think the x-zones are more like the exam. hope this helps. I wrote on a prior post what i remember from the exam so take a look at that too.

karlaNY in queens, New York

47 months ago

Hello,

I am looking for Ede;men's RDMS review book. If you have iy for sale, please contact me @

karolinacz@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tammys in Plymouth, Michigan

46 months ago

ali in Hollywood, Florida said: i give rvt telephone tutoring

I am very interested. I have tried and failed the rvt exam 3 times and wanting to pass to keep my job. I am going to take this test again on may 12. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Has anyone ever taken the P.A.S.S. registry review. I am about to pay $240. that I really dont have to try to pass this test. I am racking my brain to pass and I am getting pretty frustrated.

46 months ago

Has anyone taken the P.A.S.S. registry review webinar? I am about to pay $240. of which I really dont have to try to pass this test. I am getting pretty frustrated!!!

Karyna in Homestead, Florida

46 months ago

Looking for the Edelamn Vascular review book from the 2010 or 2009 conference. If anyone has, please contact me. (Kary0205@hotmail.com)

Thanks,
Karyna

Tom in Lima, Ohio

46 months ago

ali in Hollywood, Florida said: i give rvt telephone tutoring

How do u give telephone training?
I don't get how that would help

jeju in San Antonio, Texas

46 months ago

kadir in Houston, Texas said: Can anyone please explain me the differences between RVS and RVT in terms of finding a job. Is it easy to find a job if I get RVS.

Hey,
There is not much difference... You will get hired for a job if you are either... RVT will be as helpful for you to find a job as RVS...or vice-versa... Good luck!!

Braveheart in Tempe, Arizona

46 months ago

anita123 in texas, Texas said: Passed my RVT exam on March 26!!........Its very hard guys but not in the sense of material but more like trick questions. Everything is left with two possible answers and you are left debating which one is the better answer. Here is what I remember from the test. Know your symptoms for lower ext arterial/vascular and how they compare to ABI, know your carotid/vertebral symptoms and how they compare to velocities. Anatomy pictures of PTV, ATV and Per (not ultrasound pictures), know how to calculate ABI. DEF know Sensitivity/Spec/Neg PP/Positive PP/ accuracy!!!, Allen test, Bypass (what material is used, what veins are used for what type of grafts), Stenosis is grafts, Stenosis is Renal Artery, AAA and risk factors, Picture of the butterfly (MCA and ACA), know the depths, SMA after eating before eating, Celiac velocities should not change with/without eating, Which flows are low resistance and high resistance. Analog graphs. Know how a waveform reflects the cardiac cycle, volume ppg, Carotid velocites related to %stenosis and collaterals for intracranial stenosis, few questions on when you have a steady venous flow where is the dx, Ascending and descending venographs, reynolds and that is all I can remember.........but study hard....do the xzones if you can....and when you get a question wrong go look it up read the paragraph/chapter......that way you will cover everything you don't know...that is how i studied after I read Rumwell like 2 times.........its a good way to review what you know and don't know......Good luck!

Good insight but I just took the RVT board and passed and none of the afforementioned was on it. It had everything but what you mention specifically. It did have quality assurance but move of mine was venous related and TCD with the remaining hemodynamics. I was surprised at the amount of obsolete vascular technique questions I had. You really have to have full command of the entire realm of the outlin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

tammys in Plymouth, Michigan said: I am very interested. I have tried and failed the rvt exam 3 times and wanting to pass to keep my job. I am going to take this test again on may 12. Any suggestions?

What have you been studying? I did Davies CD ROM questions, then newer version and X zone two weeks prior to taking.

anita123 in texas, Texas

46 months ago

Braveheart in Tempe, Arizona said: Good insight but I just took the RVT board and passed and none of the afforementioned was on it. It had everything but what you mention specifically. It did have quality assurance but move of mine was venous related and TCD with the remaining hemodynamics. I was surprised at the amount of obsolete vascular technique questions I had. You really have to have full command of the entire realm of the outlin

Actually there are multiple test. I think there are 5. So it is very possible that we didn't have the same test. There is a image test which is suppose to be the hardest.

46 months ago

Every Ultrasound image I had on my test was extremely vague. They were aweful. I literally had to guess the answer and I know my anatomy but the image quality was just that bad. Shocking. I think any new grad considering sitting for the RVT should seriously consider some clinical experience prior. Just my opinion. Book smarts alone may not be enough. This test has the lowest pass rate and by far was twice as difficult as the ABD OBYGYN and Physics. Even the pre 2007 physics which was twice as hard as the new one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Texas Tech in Hammond, Louisiana

46 months ago

Actually preparing for my RVT exam now, the information don't seem be really hard just way too much. I am interested in knowing how long did you all study the material before actually going to sit for your exam. I am studying Vascular Technology by Claudia Rumwell Mickey McPharlin, I also have the cd Rom from Davies and his mock exam review book questions, I don't particularly like the review books setup. I particularly like to answer comprehension questions in the order of my reading instead of having to find the.particular section in the review book. Haven't used the cd Rom yet because I am sure it is the same questions as the book. Just ordered the flashcards from Edleman's site. I think this will be a great way to reinforce the book concepts and answer comprehensive questions from the reading with the rationales. I have 2 additional Cd Rom downloadable for SPI physics and Vascular Technology if anyone is interested. The SPI exam was very consistent with Davies Cd Rom, I scored 656 out of 700 and finished my exam in 46 minutes. If interested let me know.

lauren in Pensacola, Florida

46 months ago

Texas Tech in Hammond, Louisiana said: Actually preparing for my RVT exam now, the information don't seem be really hard just way too much. I am interested in knowing how long did you all study the material before actually going to sit for your exam. I am studying Vascular Technology by Claudia Rumwell Mickey McPharlin, I also have the cd Rom from Davies and his mock exam review book questions, I don't particularly like the review books setup. I particularly like to answer comprehension questions in the order of my reading instead of having to find the.particular section in the review book. Haven't used the cd Rom yet because I am sure it is the same questions as the book. Just ordered the flashcards from Edleman's site. I think this will be a great way to reinforce the book concepts and answer comprehensive questions from the reading with the rationales. I have 2 additional Cd Rom downloadable for SPI physics and Vascular Technology if anyone is interested. The SPI exam was very consistent with Davies Cd Rom, I scored 656 out of 700 and finished my exam in 46 minutes. If interested let me know.

Interested in the CD Rom for SPI from Davies.

sdraza in Markham, Ontario

46 months ago

cajunsonographer in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: i had multiple images from angiographic studies as well as c.t. and mri. no video clips. alot of color doppler images for interpretational questions. a few pics depicting the gold standards chart for test result reporting.

Were there any questions related to Plethysmography. This is a weird topic, seems to be impractical and very old I don't know whether it is used anymore for vascular investigations.

Karyna in Homestead, Florida

46 months ago

Karyna in Homestead, Florida said: Looking for the Edelamn Vascular review book from the 2010 or 2009 conference. If anyone has, please contact me. (Kary0205@hotmail.com)

Thanks,
Karyna

***Alos looking for a Breast US review book as well!

lmcharney in Norwalk, Connecticut

46 months ago

Hi there! Congratulations on passing the exam. I have just started studying and have all the materials except study materials for SPI Physics. I have no idea where to begin. I would be interested in your Vascular Physics materials if you are willing to part with them. I'd be happy to purchase them. Could you let me know if you still have them available? Thank you so much. I'd be so appreciative.
Lisa

dabogs7 in Van Nuys, California

46 months ago

lmcharney in Norwalk, Connecticut said: Hi there! Congratulations on passing the exam. I have just started studying and have all the materials except study materials for SPI Physics. I have no idea where to begin. I would be interested in your Vascular Physics materials if you are willing to part with them. I'd be happy to purchase them. Could you let me know if you still have them available? Thank you so much. I'd be so appreciative.
Lisa

i have davies & gulf coast ultrasound SPI & vascular cd-roms for sale if you're interested. email me: dabogs@hotmail.com

best :)

tommy in Las Vegas, Nevada

46 months ago

I have the brand new release of Davies vascular Technology CD rom for $75. I Can cover shipping costs. It is excellent with 600 questions. It has diagrams,videos, images,illustrations and explanations. It is really a must for rvt board. Give me your email if interesed. No haggling please.

Texas Tech in Vidor, Texas

46 months ago

You passed by only studying Mock cds?

Maine in Newark, Delaware said: Definately take the X-Zone. I passed using Davies, X-Zone and this other book I had. I used the 15 day X-Zone, better buy...and repetition is the key..I recommend doing the practice exams on ARDMS website. Those questions are on the test...Good Luck.

46 months ago

I have it available for download, it was cheaper this way, just need your email address

lauren in Pensacola, Florida said: Interested in the CD Rom for SPI from Davies.

46 months ago

Does anyone want to participate on an online study group for RVT preparation?

46 months ago

Anyone interested in an online study group for RVT preparation?

Texas Tech in Houston, Texas

46 months ago

Anita Congratulations, how long did you study, and did you actually feel prepared or did you feel.you needed to know more?

anita123 in texas, Texas said: Passed my RVT exam on March 26!!........Its very hard guys but not in the sense of material but more like trick questions. Everything is left with two possible answers and you are left debating which one is the better answer. Here is what I remember from the test. Know your symptoms for lower ext arterial/vascular and how they compare to ABI, know your carotid/vertebral symptoms and how they compare to velocities. Anatomy pictures of PTV, ATV and Per (not ultrasound pictures), know how to calculate ABI. DEF know Sensitivity/Spec/Neg PP/Positive PP/ accuracy!!!, Allen test, Bypass (what material is used, what veins are used for what type of grafts), Stenosis is grafts, Stenosis is Renal Artery, AAA and risk factors, Picture of the butterfly (MCA and ACA), know the depths, SMA after eating before eating, Celiac velocities should not change with/without eating, Which flows are low resistance and high resistance. Analog graphs. Know how a waveform reflects the cardiac cycle, volume ppg, Carotid velocites related to %stenosis and collaterals for intracranial stenosis, few questions on when you have a steady venous flow where is the dx, Ascending and descending venographs, reynolds and that is all I can remember.........but study hard....do the xzones if you can....and when you get a question wrong go look it up read the paragraph/chapter......that way you will cover everything you don't know...that is how i studied after I read Rumwell like 2 times.........its a good way to review what you know and don't know......Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Texas Tech in Houston, Texas

46 months ago

Zohra Airington in Conroe, Texas said: Lynette in Spokane, Washington said: Hi Katie,
I took and passed the ARDMS RVT exam this past Sat. I used the 3 part set from Davies publishing (review book, CD mock exam and bound note cards). I studied for 1 month and outlined the entire review book (47 typed pages!). I also took the practice exam on the ARDMS website for $25 (30 questions in 30 minutes).

Good luck!
Hey I am studying for my RVT at this time.. is there any way I can get the typed pages?? I have the Davies book and studying almost everyday... let me know please... thank you much.. my email is kashish0316@yahoo.com

Hey, have you found the study material you ate looking for? If not I have plenty, Davies 3 part series, Edleman's or should I say Rumwell and MccPharlin's flashcards and seminar book. If you would like to group together and study sometimes that would be awesome.

andrew in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

46 months ago

Thank you anita for all the time it must've taken to remember all of that material and sharing it with us! I'm studying for my egregious to air it soon, and that information defiantly helps. Thank you :)

jaimilee444 in Toledo, Ohio

46 months ago

Lynette in Spokane, Washington said: Hi Katie,
I took and passed the ARDMS RVT exam this past Sat. I used the 3 part set from Davies publishing (review book, CD mock exam and bound note cards). I studied for 1 month and outlined the entire review book (47 typed pages!). I also took the practice exam on the ARDMS website for $25 (30 questions in 30 minutes).

Good luck!

I would also be very interested in your 47 typed pages. I'm desperate can't get started way too intimidating! lewinski4d4@aol.com

Margaret in Broadview Heights, Ohio

46 months ago

Hi
I was wondering if anyone had for sale the Davies Vascular review book and CD mock exam? I am looking for a more current one.

ak689@wowway.com

Thanks!!

sasiana in Santa Monica, California

46 months ago

Congradulation Anita !
can you please write for me what material did you studied ?
next week i will take the vascuar exam ?
Thanks.

gemini_breeze in Rutherford, New Jersey

46 months ago

Texas Tech in Vidor, Texas said: Anyone interested in an online study group for RVT preparation?

I would be Texas! Online study group sounds great! I'm taking my RVS first next month, then pending passing that, I am taking the RVT. Already passed the SPI last month. What's your email? Email me jenilozauskas@hotmail.com

eyes wide shut in Glendale, Arizona

46 months ago

Texas Tech in Vidor, Texas said: I have it available for download, it was cheaper this way, just need your email address

also illegal

46 months ago

lauren in Pensacola, Florida said: Interested in the CD Rom for SPI from Davies.

i have davies CD for SPI (2010) & gulf coast ultrasound... both very helpful. scored a 669 on the SPI...email me: dabogs@hotmail.com

46 months ago

I would be very interested in an online study group. I am trying to pass the rvt exam. I took it last week and scored 540. I just need to sharpen up a little bit more.

46 months ago

Sent you an email. Look forward to studying with you. This is so much information, I can't wait to have a
discussion with someone who can relate, and to see things from someone else's perspective.

gemini_breeze in Rutherford, New Jersey said: I would be Texas! Online study group sounds great! I'm taking my RVS first next month, then pending passing that, I am taking the RVT. Already passed the SPI last month. What's your email? Email me jenilozauskas@hotmail.com

46 months ago

Come on aboard, you are so close, you may just need to hear something another way to get you over the edge, you definitely know something to get that close usually when you are that close, it is usually test anxiety or something very minimal. Would like to study with you when you are ready!

tammys in Plymouth, Michigan said: I would be very interested in an online study group. I am trying to pass the rvt exam. I took it last week and scored 540. I just need to sharpen up a little bit more.

anita123 in texas, Texas

46 months ago

Anyone need some highlighted topics for the SPI or RVT exam. Email me at taral83@gmail.com. I will be more then happy to help. However, remember, that ARDMS changes their test every 3 months. That is why when you fail you can't take it for another 3 months. But its always a good review to have. I had wrote down everything I remembered after my exams topic wise and I can email you the lists. Good luck everyone I feel your pain.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.