What to study for RVT RDMS exam? Vascular Technology registry exam.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 853)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Shami in Etobicoke, Ontario

76 months ago

Hi
Could you please send more information as I am getting ready for this exam.............
You help will be appropriated.
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

tammys in Plymouth, Michigan

76 months ago

I am interested whenever you are. I work during the day. I can start Monday night if that is convenient with you. Email me the instructions on how to do this.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

lauren in Pensacola, Florida

76 months ago

jaimilee444 in Toledo, Ohio said: I would also be very interested in your 47 typed pages. I'm desperate can't get started way too intimidating! lewinski4d4@aol.com

Interested in your typed notes.
bbattiger@att.net

Reply - Report abuse

songwriter in Huntington Station, New York

76 months ago

Hi I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A ONLINE STUDY GROUP HOW WOULD THAT WORK? Please email at bouche@optonline.net Thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Texas Tech in Vidor, Texas

76 months ago

Texas Tech in Vidor, Texas said: Sent you an email. Look forward to studying with you. This is so much information, I can't wait to have a
discussion with someone who can relate, and to see things from someone else's perspective.

Hey, the email I sent came back as not deliverable. Could you check and see if your email address is correct.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

tammys in Plymouth, Michigan said: I am interested whenever you are. I work during the day. I can start Monday night if that is convenient with you. Email me the instructions on how to do this.

Monday night would be great! I hadn't thought out all the specifics as to how this would work, but for starters, we would pick a specific topic and review that information and come up with questions to that topic. If there is anything you don't understand about the topic then you ask your question and everyone will reply. I have currently dissected cerebrovascular. I made my own flashcards, I am studying Davies 3 part and Edleman's review and flashcards. Examples of some comprehensive questions I have are 1.) What test is useful in intraoperative monitoring? 2.) Name some examples of surgical procedures TCD may be used to monitor? 3.) How do you continuously monitor the middle cerebral artery's blood flow? 4.) Using the transtemporal window, you see a vessel at the depth of 5mm this vessel has antegrade flow, with a propaga

Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Texas Tech in Vidor, Texas said: Monday night would be great! I hadn't thought out all the specifics as to how this would work, but for starters, we would pick a specific topic and review that information and come up with questions to that topic. If there is anything you don't understand about the topic then you ask your question and everyone will reply. I have currently dissected cerebrovascular. I made my own flashcards, I am studying Davies 3 part and Edleman's review and flashcards. Examples of some comprehensive questions I have are 1.) What test is useful in intraoperative monitoring? 2.) Name some examples of surgical procedures TCD may be used to monitor? 3.) How do you continuously monitor the middle cerebral artery's blood flow? 4.) Using the transtemporal window, you see a vessel at the depth of 50mm this vessel has antegrade flow, with a propaga

propagation speed between 43-67 cm/sec, also a terminal branch for the ICA? That is suppose to.be a.depth of 50mm. This repetition helps a lot you will begin to see patterns, it may be more than what you need to know but at least this way you know.enough. Since you have taken the test find an area of weakness and we will begin there and I guarantee you will get a revelation.

Reply - Report abuse

gemini_breeze in Rutherford, New Jersey

76 months ago

Texas Tech in Vidor, Texas said: Sent you an email. Look forward to studying with you. This is so much information, I can't wait to have a
discussion with someone who can relate, and to see things from someone else's perspective.

Hey Texas! I never received an email can you resend it? jenilozauskas@hotmail.com

Monday sounds great to me!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ketu in Ocala, Florida

76 months ago

u want to sell davis(rvt) book?email me astroreiki@gmail.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

anita123 in texas, Texas said: Anyone need some highlighted topics for the SPI or RVT exam. Email me at taral83@gmail.com. I will be more then happy to help. However, remember, that ARDMS changes their test every 3 months. That is why when you fail you can't take it for another 3 months. But its always a good review to have. I had wrote down everything I remembered after my exams topic wise and I can email you the lists. Good luck everyone I feel your pain.

Yes, interested in your notes.
bbattiger@att.net

Reply - Report abuse

dabogs7 in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

me too pls. really appreciate it, thanks! :)
email: dabogs@hotmail.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

igp.mia@*****.*** in West Palm Beach, Florida

75 months ago

I took and passes the SPI and OB/GYN exam the second time around!! I have Davis Mock exam, unlimited X zone questions and answers, and Edlemens last edition text book from his conference. Let me know if you are interested. And OB/GYN great material, flashcards, Davies mock questions and answers that i saw the same questions in my test, and seminar review book!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

tammys in New Baltimore, Michigan

75 months ago

Yes I am very interested in your notes. I took the exam for the fourth time and scored a 540. I am very frustrated and really wanting to pass this test. I passed the spi exam the first time I took it. This is really causing some heartache. I have to reschedule my test. I am hoping with some new study guides and study groups on this website I can successfully pass this next time. Please e-mail me with your notes.
Thank you
Tammy Stewart

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Texas Tech in Dayton, Texas

75 months ago

Tammy don't give up, you are so CLOSE, it has to be the way you are applying the material. Do you realize that a passing score is only is only .792 and you scored .771. You definitely know the material. You may be over reading and getting tripped up on wording. Just calm down you can do it! Look at it this way, I have probably seen all of the test that they have and that is GREAT. Whatever your next test is, you have probably seen it. Now more worries for you! Leave an email and I will email you what I am studying. Anita who passed her exam on March 26 has a post on here of things to familiarize yourself with. She also emailed me that same list and gave me some great information on what to know as for as if you have a velocity that is THIS high, then what % is the stenosis? If you have a waveform where is the lesion? If appears it is designed to make you apply the principals, it is obvious you know it. Stay encouraged, leave your email, and I will email you and leave you my number and we van try to help you get a pattern down to get this test passed.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

tammys in New Baltimore, Michigan

75 months ago

Thank you for your encouragement. I would appreciate any help you could give me. My email is stewarts2004@comcast.net. I check it daily numerous times so I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you
Tammy

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Hey it's Monday night where is everyone for the online study group??

Reply - Report abuse

Texas Tech in Dayton, Texas

75 months ago

You never replied to your email Tammy and I are corresponding again on Wednesday you are welcome to join.

gemini_breeze in Rutherford, New Jersey said: Hey it's Monday night where is everyone for the online study group??

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

gemini_breeze

75 months ago

I'm confused, how are you actually corresponding? Because I bipped in and out of this site periodically throught out Monday night and no one said anything about the study group, aside from my "where is everyone it's monday night" post? No one showed up here aside from me. Unless you two are using another site? What are you two using?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

tammys in Canton, Michigan

75 months ago

Nikki emailed me with her phone number and we talked and decided that we would start corresponding with questions to eachother in a word document and email it. If you have a diferent idea please let me know. I would be more than happy to study with more than one person. My email is stewarts2004@comcast.net
Thank you
Tammy

Reply - Report abuse

gemini_breeze

75 months ago

I'm confused, there are no correspondences here and I bipped on and off this site perodically all Monday night. The only post about the study group was me saying it's Monday where is everyone. Did you two use another site?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

gemini_breeze

75 months ago

ugh double post sorry about that. Didn't show up the first time.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

gemini_breeze

75 months ago

tammys in Canton, Michigan said: Nikki emailed me with her phone number and we talked and decided that we would start corresponding with questions to eachother in a word document and email it. If you have a diferent idea please let me know. I would be more than happy to study with more than one person. My email is stewarts2004@comcast.net
Thank you
Tammy

Tammy, in a word document you make up questions yourselves and email to each other? Is the topic still Cerebrovascular or has it changed? Just want to make sure I'm on the same page and not be out of the loop again.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

tammys in Canton, Michigan

75 months ago

What ever topic you need to study is what we can help eachother with. Just let us know and we can create some questions.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Texas Tech in Houston, Texas

75 months ago

Hey were you able to open up the notes that sent labeled aortic arch? I just came in from church and I had an email from Tammy. She was not able too. I also sent it to my yahoo mail address and I opened it up just fine. I don't know why it isn't working. Let me know if you were able to open it and if not maybe we will open up a group on Facebook and that way when van post and have real time interaction. My notes consisted of questions along with the answers. I will post it on here tonight just to see if you all like the format or would you rather just have questions. I personally like it this way and later apply it to questions. Either way we will cover all of the material and be able to apply it in a technical setting. It is a process and it will work. As I have observed from the various comments you will not know what test you will get, so it doesn't matter what someone else's test had on it. Stick to the outline and cover ALL of the material so you are prepared for ANY test. One thing that holds true is the information cannot change."It is what it is"! If you start off learning the basics as you progress the material comes up again adding more information.

gemini_breeze in Rutherford, New Jersey said: I would be Texas! Online study group sounds great! I'm taking my RVS first next month, then pending passing that, I am taking the RVT. Already passed the SPI last month. What's your email? Email me jenilozauskas@hotmail.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

​What part of the heart does the ascending aorta arise from? The ascending aorta arise from the left ventricle of the heart. How many branches does the ascending aorta have? The ascending aorta has two branches, the right and left coronary arteries. What forms the aortic arch? The aortic arch is formed by the ascending aorta. What is the

Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

​ This artery terminates at the carotid bifurcation. The third branch off the aortic arch is the left subclavian artery. Name the most important branches of the subclavian artery. The most important branches off the subclavian artery are the verterbral, thyrocervical, internal thoracic and costocervical arteries. The verterbral arteries form a confluence after they enter the skull through the foreman magnum. What artery is formed my the confluence of the verterbral arteries. The basilar artery is formed by the confluence of the verterbral arteries. The basilar artery divides into which arteries to form part of the circle of Willis? The basilar artery divides into the posterior communicating arteries to form part of the circle of willis. Which artery originates from the common carotid artery, travels through the skull before giving off any branches? The internal carotid artery originates from the common carotid artery and travels through the skull before giving off any branches. Name the first branch that the ICA gives off. The caroticotypanic is the first branch the ICA gives off although it is not the first major branch. What is the first major branch the ICA gives off? The ophthalmic artery is the first major branch arising from the ICA. Name the intracranial branches arising from the carotid artery. The intracranial branches arising from the ICA are the opthalmic artery, the anterior choroidal artery, and the posterior communicating artery, then it divides into the middle cerebral artery (MCA) and the anterior cerebral artery (ACA). The part where the ICA divides into the MCA and ACA is known as the terminal ICA. What is the name given to the Internal carotid artery at its most distal part. This part of the ICA is imaged through the transorbital window on TCD and displays various directions of flow depending on the angle. For example parasellar:antegrade, supra-cliniod:retrograde, and genu: both? The name given to the Internal Carotid at its mo

Reply - Report abuse

newbee in Newhall, California

75 months ago

Lynette in Spokane, Washington said: Hi Katie,
I took and passed the ARDMS RVT exam this past Sat. I used the 3 part set from Davies publishing (review book, CD mock exam and bound note cards). I studied for 1 month and outlined the entire review book (47 typed pages!). I also took the practice exam on the ARDMS website for $25 (30 questions in 30 minutes).

Good luck!

Hi! CONGRATS, could I have copies of your outline and whatever information you can give me? I would appreciate it.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Hi Nikki, yes I received your email, but I cannot open it either. At first I thought it was because I didn't have a google account, but when I created it one it said that I didn't have the needed permission to access it.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Nikki,
That is exactly what happened to me. I tried to open it this morning after I created an account.
If you could email it to me that would be great. Did you get mine?
Tammy

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Sorry about the inconvenience, I just added you both to a shared file that should allow you access to the file. I posted in this forum an outline on the aortic arch. Which consisted is questions and answers to outline material I had been studying on the cerebrovascular system. I copied and pasted it from the Google doc so I hope it calibrated correctly. If not you should have full access to the document now via you email addresses since I added you both to the shared file list. It is approximately one and one-third typed pages. I am now organizing more information in the same format that will be available sometime today. Later I will provide you with questions that will cover all of this information. This will give you the opportunity to see how you apply this information. I am also in the process of scanning in some diagrams that I used to label to learn the anatomy. Please be patient as I am computer illiterate but I am learning. As we go over the cerebrovascular system also study waveforms. It seems like a lot but it is mostly repetitive. Next the venous system. Share all the information you can this is how we will be successful

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Vera in Utica, Michigan

75 months ago

Hello, first I would like to say congratulations to you all on completing school. I will start in fall 2011 and was wondering if anyone knew of an online forum/study group for students studying Vascular Diagnostic Ultrasound Doppler studies? I am an older student (empty nester) and can use all the help I can get. Again congratulations!! :)

Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Vera,
Congrats to you for going back to school I was there and I know how you feel. I was the oldest student in my class. I have graduated and working at Miller Vein here in troy Michigan. Hang in there I know that is is a tough course. We do have a study group here look for the most recent postings from google doc. If you do not find it let me know and I can forward the notes for you. They are pretty good.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

lmcharney in Norwalk, Connecticut

75 months ago

newbee in Newhall, California said: Hi! CONGRATS, could I have copies of your outline and whatever information you can give me? I would appreciate it.

Hi there and CONGRATULATIONS! I've been studying (and working full-time) and plan on taking the RVT exam at the end of June. I've been studying Rumwell's Davies study book, mock exam, and flash cards. I'm hoping that if I push myself, I can be ready by the end of the month. I would love it if you could forward me your outlines (I'm horrible at taking notes!!!), I'd appreciate it and would be willing to cover any costs incurred. Congratulations again! Lisa

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

TRH in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

75 months ago

I just passed the test today and this is what I remember: anatomy of cross-sectional abdomen (drawing), identify renal art on sag us image, calculate sensitiviy, specificity, etc. and know definitions, rt vertebral smaller than lt, another name for brachiocephalic, anatomy of veins and arteries and their confluences, us pics and descriptions of flow through AV fistula, MCA flow velocities and depth, multiple questions on subclavian steal (pics and descriptions), definition of hepato-fugal, occlusion of celiac causes what flow changes in splenic and hepatic, flow direction of basilar artery, windows utilized for which cranial arteries, popliteal artery entrapment and how its corrected, 3 main causes of cva, what causes dependent rubor, photos of ulcers and likely causes, abi finding/numbers and where is the disease, which of following is not considered a hemispheric symptom, ohms law, image of graft and what kind is it, most likely symptom of thoracic outlet syndrome, apg measures differences in..., symptoms of ica disease, symptoms of mca disease, ica teminates into..., which of the following does not correlate with vertebral/basilar disease

Reply - Report abuse

Texas Tech in Channelview, Texas

75 months ago

TRH in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: I just passed the test today and this is what I remember: anatomy of cross-sectional abdomen (drawing), identify renal art on sag us image, calculate sensitiviy, specificity, etc. and know definitions, rt vertebral smaller than lt, another name for brachiocephalic, anatomy of veins and arteries and their confluences, us pics and descriptions of flow through AV fistula, MCA flow velocities and depth, multiple questions on subclavian steal (pics and descriptions), definition of hepato-fugal, occlusion of celiac causes what flow changes in splenic and hepatic, flow direction of basilar artery, windows utilized for which cranial arteries, popliteal artery entrapment and how its corrected, 3 main causes of cva, what causes dependent rubor, photos of ulcers and likely causes, abi finding/numbers and where is the disease, which of following is not considered a hemispheric symptom, ohms law, image of graft and what kind is it, most likely symptom of thoracic outlet syndrome, apg measures differences in..., symptoms of ica disease, symptoms of mca disease, ica teminates into..., which of the following does not correlate with vertebral/basilar disease

Congratulations, and thank you very much for sharing your accomplishment of SUCCESS with us!! This information is very informative and very encouraging to continue studying in depth. Just from reading your outline I feel I could pass it today! But I am going to continue with my plan. Again thanks for sharing and CONTRACTS!!!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Texas Tech in Channelview, Texas said: Congratulations, and thank you very much for sharing your accomplishment of SUCCESS with us!! This information is very informative and very encouraging to continue studying in depth. Just from reading your outline I feel I could pass it today! But I am going to continue with my plan. Again thanks for sharing and CONTRACTS!!!!!

I spent a lot of time memorizing numbers, but the test really didn't require that. Other than the depths and mean velocities of the vessels in the circle of willis, most of the questions involved explanations of how the waveforms change with respect to proximal or distal disease, i.e. increased PSV, dampened velocities, etc. My exam had a lot of ultrasound images on it as well.

Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

TRH in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: I spent a lot of time memorizing numbers, but the test really didn't require that. Other than the depths and mean velocities of the vessels in the circle of willis, most of the questions involved explanations of how the waveforms change with respect to proximal or distal disease, i.e. increased PSV, dampened velocities, etc. My exam had a lot of ultrasound images on it as well.

Also, the only materials I studied with were ESP vascular exam review, X-Zone, and ESP flash cards (which I'm willing to sell for half of what I paid).

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma

75 months ago

Hey Texas Tech in Vidor- Interested in your study materials, what is your email?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Laura in New Baltimore, Michigan

75 months ago

lauren in Pensacola, Florida said: Yes, interested in your notes.
bbattiger@att.net

Yes, I am interested in your notes please: lsphysics@yahoo.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Laura,
I saw your post and was wondering if you would like to get together for a study session. I live in richmond and I saw your post was from New Baltimore. Let me know. I am very interested. I am planning on taking my exam at the end of july beginning of august.
Tammy

Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Laura,
I saw your post and was wondering if you would like to get together for a study session. I live in richmond and I saw your post was from New Baltimore. Let me know. I am very interested. I am planning on taking my exam at the end of july beginning of august.
Tammy

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

KS in Pratt, Kansas

75 months ago

TRH in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: Also, the only materials I studied with were ESP vascular exam review, X-Zone, and ESP flash cards (which I'm willing to sell for half of what I paid).

TRH, How much for the vascular exam review and ESP flash cards? How old are they?? Isn't the X-Zone study material in so many days? I have looked that up and thought about using it. I have taken the test and didn't pass and i'm planning on trying again at the end of June.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ketu in Kissimmee, Florida

75 months ago

any one want to sell X ZONE for rvt.emailme at astroreiki@gmail.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

lynn in Wilmington, Delaware

75 months ago

Hello - I just sat for my technical vascular test today and did not pass. It had a question on QA for accuracy. (TP + TN)/(TP+FP+FN+TN) with none of the multiple choices being correct. It was one of the first question, so after that I was frustrated and confused. They told me to appeal the test.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Has anyone appealled a test before?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

lynn in Wilmington, Delaware said: Has anyone appealled a test before?

No, however I recently heard of a girl that failed the RVT then she took the RVT again and after finding out she passed the second time was notified that she actually passed the first time and was given a refund for test 2. Seems like she should have been compensated for the pain and suffering of taking it the second time.

Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

lauren in Pensacola, Florida said: No, however I recently heard of a girl that failed the RVT then she took the RVT again and after finding out she passed the second time was notified that she actually passed the first time and was given a refund for test 2. Seems like she should have been compensated for the pain and suffering of taking it the second time.

Thank you for the comment. I did appeal with a written letter and plan to take it again. I thought this exam was suppose to be fair. Not so vague and frustrating. I know the material, just the questions did not have a specific answer, even a mathmatical questions. The girl should not have had to take the test again, if she past the first time then she past. Being refunded for the test just does not make up for the emotions and time spent preparing for the exam.

Reply - Report abuse

TRH in Denham Springs, Louisiana

75 months ago

I will sell the cards for $25. I just bought them in Dallas on May 1, 2011.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma

75 months ago

KS in Pratt, Kansas said: TRH, How much for the vascular exam review and ESP flash cards? How old are they?? Isn't the X-Zone study material in so many days? I have looked that up and thought about using it. I have taken the test and didn't pass and i'm planning on trying again at the end of June.

email me ,I might have what you need- niotaze@yahoo.com

Reply - Report abuse

RVT in La Porte, Texas

75 months ago

I have RVT test material for sale; great price ESP workbook, flashcards, Davies Mock Exam test questions and rationales, study this material you will PASS!!!! Leave your email if interested!!!!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.