ultrasound schools in toronto

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 705)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

sam in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

Yes, however most job postings require Graduate of an approved program in Ultrasound Technology!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Syed Rahman in Mississauga, Ontario

72 months ago

sam in Toronto, Ontario said: Yes, however most job postings require Graduate of an approved program in Ultrasound Technology!

I certainly agree that majority of the hospitals require formal education. There are also some diagnostic centers asking for it. However, there is a greater majority of diagnostic centers who do not demand formal education.

Also commenting on the requirements by CARDUP, Is CARDUP protected by legislation similar to Professional Engineers Act. CARDUP may be able to develop tough criteria for CARDUP registration but the million dollar question is, would CARDUP be able to prevent diagnostic centers from hiring ARDMS registered sonographers? Would CARDUP registration be preferred over ARDMS registration?. If yes, how long would it be before it happens. What would become of those who are curently working with ARDMS registration. Would the Ministry of Health go to regulating a $15/hr job.

There is presently a vacuum in Alberta and B.C. We do not know if the existing programs have the capacity to fulfil this vacuum. Ontario resident sonographers are been approached to relocate to these provinces.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Raymond in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

sam in Toronto, Ontario said: Yes, however most job postings require Graduate of an approved program in Ultrasound Technology!

EXACTLY!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

One thing to keep in mind for those interested entering the Michiner program...I called them today and they said they have over 300 applicants every year and they except only 20!!!! You have to meet all their criteria and even more!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

sam in Toronto, Ontario said: One thing to keep in mind for those interested entering the Michiner program...I called them today and they said they have over 300 applicants every year and they except only 20!!!! You have to meet all their criteria and even more!

WAW!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Rubino Smith in Nepean, Ontario said: I am looking some advise which books and flash cards use to buy for ARDMS exam in abdomen and gyne, obstetrics.If someone has given exam in last recent years,I need help.If someone finished Ultrasound college,and ARDMS exams,please guide me.

check burwin institute website, the whole package for each exam, i believe, $400. and you will also get more than enough CME's included in the package. it's like distance learning. i have never tried them, but people say, you will not need any other books once you get burwin's package. good luck.

72 months ago

IS THERE ANYBODY ON THIS FORUM WHO PASSED (OR FAILED :) ) ARDMS RECENTLY?

Barb Pon in Oakville, Ontario

72 months ago

I visited the Toronto Centre for Ultrasound Studies in Mississauga today and met with the instructor Lubna.

The training facilities are established on a professional basis. The training centre is located in the residence of the instructor with a ultrasound examination room and a lecture/ study room in the basement. Print and multimedia training aids are available. The medical examination room is equipped with the u/s machine and a proper medical examination table.

The instructor was very open to discussions and seemed very knowledgeable in the subject.

Based on the facilities and the discussions with the instructor, I will be taking a course starting August 10.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

Barb Pon in Oakville, Ontario said: I visited the Toronto Centre for Ultrasound Studies in Mississauga today and met with the instructor Lubna.

The training facilities are established on a professional basis. The training centre is located in the residence of the instructor with a ultrasound examination room and a lecture/ study room in the basement. Print and multimedia training aids are available. The medical examination room is equipped with the u/s machine and a proper medical examination table.

The instructor was very open to discussions and seemed very knowledgeable in the subject.

Based on the facilities and the discussions with the instructor, I will be taking a course starting August 10.

hi barb

do you know if she gives a certificate of some sort after completing the courses?187

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Barb Pon in Oakville, Ontario

72 months ago

lisa in Toronto, Ontario said: hi barb

do you know if she gives a certificate of some sort after completing the courses?187

Yes she informed that she provides a certificate of completion at the end of each training program. Also she will sign as the course coordinator with her credentials.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Hi everyone. I am back.

While reading the various posts on this forum and elsewhere, I decided to do some research on the ultrasound profession and post information that existing sonographers may be aware of. However, they may be important entry level sonographers or those that are about to enter the field.

This post shall be in several parts and is mostly a reproduction of an article that appeared elsewhere and information appearing on various websites for ultrasound training.

So here we go,

PART-I

The job futures.ca lists the job futures for various occupations within Canada. It has been reported that the occupations within the medical fields have an unemployment rate of less than 2% and that the job future for the medical professionals and technologists is very promising.

Ultrasound imaging is a fast paced medical profession and over the years has advanced to 4D imaging. New ultrasound technologies and applications are been introduced.

Medical ultrasound, also called Sonography, is a mode of medical imaging that has a wide array of clinical applications, both as a primary modality and as an adjunct to other diagnostic procedures. The basis of its operation is the transmission of high frequency sound into the body followed by the reception, processing, and parametric display of echoes returning from structures and tissues within the body. Ultrasound is primarily a tomographic modality, meaning that it presents an image that is typically a cross-section of the tissue volume under investigation. It is also a soft-tissue modality, given that current ultrasound methodology does not provide useful images of or through bone or bodies of gas, such as found in the lung and bowel. Its utility in the clinic is in large part due to three characteristics. These are that ultrasound (1) is a real-time modality; (2) does not utilize ionizing radiation, and (3) provides quantitative measurement and imaging of blood flow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

PART-II

An Ultrasound Technologist is expected to demonstrate an introductory level knowledge of Ultrasound Physics and instrumentation, Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology, Patient care Procedures, Normal Sonographic Application of Abdominal and Small Parts, OB/GYN, Musculoskeletal and Vascular Case Study Protocol. The Ultrasound Technologist is trained to apply the necessary skills to assist radiologists by obtaining the sonographic image for interpretation.

American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or ARDMS is an independent, nonprofit organization that administers examinations and awards credentials in the areas of diagnostic medical sonography, diagnostic cardiac sonography, vascular interpretation and vascular technology.

Specialty areas within the RDMS credential include abdomen, breast, neurosonology, obstetrics and gynecology, and fetal echocardiography. Specialty areas within the RDCS credential include adult, pediatric and fetal echocardiography. The RVT credential includes and noninvasive vascular technology.

The only means of obtaining an ARDMS credential is by examination. Required examination prerequisites must be met before an applicant can take an ARDMS examination. Applicants are then required to pass two comprehensive examinations to earn a credential: (1) a physical principles and instrumentation examination, and (2) at least one corresponding specialty examination. The details on the pre-requisites and the registry examination can be found on the ARDMS website at www.ardms.org.

ARDMS has certified more than 55,000 individuals and is the globally recognized standard of excellence in sonography.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

PART-III

The mission of the Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals or CARDUP is to provide a current registry of diagnostic ultrasound professionals who meet national competency standards; and to promote high standards of professional practice through liaison with provincial regulatory bodies, educational institutions, and both national and international associations and agencies. Information on pre-requisites for the CARDUP registration is available on the CARDUP website at www.cardup.org.

While ARDMS was established in 1975, CARDUP is fairly new and has been established in 2000. Registration with ARDMS and CARDUP is voluntary. Regulation of a profession is a provincial mandate only and national bodies do not regulate or license professions. Future provincial regulatory bodies may endorse CARDUP registration, i.e. the national standard, in the interests of their citizens and to facilitate inter-provincial portability. Employers may choose to prefer ultrasound professionals registered with CARDUP.

Although CARDUP cause is noble, it is still in the process of developing registration examination and has stopped voluntary registration by the practicing Sonographers a few years ago.

Society of Medical Sonographers, SDMS (www.sdms.org) and Canadian Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, CSDMS (www.csdms.com) are professional associations representing the professional interests and offer various services to the ultrasound professionals. The Ontario Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, OSDMS (www.osdms.org) is a professional association representing ultrasound professionals in the province of Ontario.

CSDMS website lists the various institutions in Canada that offer accredited educational programs in the provinces of Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

PART-IV: ACCREDITED ULTRASOUND PROGRAMS IN ONTARIO

CSDMS Lists the following accredited programs for the province of Ontario,

1. Mohawk-McMaster Institute for Applied Health Sciences, Hamilton
2. The Michener Institute, Toronto

4-year study programs may cost in excess of $10,000 per year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

PART-V

TRAINING PROGRAMS IN BRITISH COLUMBIA

CSDMS lists the following non-accredited programs for BC,

British Columbia Institute of Technology, 3700 Willingdon Ave. Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2 (www.bcit.ca)

72 months ago

PART-IV

ACCREDITED TRAINING PROGRAMS IN ALBERTA

1. NAIT- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program, Edmonton, Alberta T5G 2R1 (www.nait.ca)
2. SAIT- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program, Calgary, AB T2M 0L4 (www.sait.ab.ca)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

PART-VII

ACCREDITED TRAINING PROGRAMS IN MANITOBA

Health Sciences Centre, NA547, 820 Sherbrook St., Winnipeg, MB R3A 1R9 (www.hsc.mb.ca/ultrasound)

72 months ago

PART-VIII

ACCREDITED TRAINING PROGRAMS IN NOVA SCOTIA

QEII/Dalhousie School of Health Sciences, Bethune Building, 1278 Tower Road, Halifax, NS B3H 2Y9

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

PART-IX

ACCREDITED TRAINING PROGRAMS IN NEWFOUNDLAND

College of the North Atlantic, PO Box 1693, St. John's, Newfoundland A1C 5P7

72 months ago

PART-X

Further contact information for the training programs above is available on the CSDMS website (www.csdms.com). Please note that errors have been made in Part-II above for listing of the websites. These are the correct websites,

Canadian Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, www.csdms.com
Ontario Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, www.osdms.org
Society of Medical Sonographers, www.sdms.org

72 months ago

PART-XI

NON-ACCREDITED TRAINING PROGRAMS IN ONTARIO

An internet search was carried out and it was identified that several training services were being offered in Ontario. Most of these services were offered on KIJIJI and contact is no longer available. Evidence for training by the following two programs is wide spread on the internet,

1. Mainz Ultrasound Training, Mississauga
2. Toronto Centre for Ultrasound Training, TCUS, Mississauga

The content on the web and the comments posted on this forum assists well those interested in exploring this avenue. Mixed comments are posted. On one hand, the members have been extremely impressed with TCUS and got carried away in posting the comments. While others have been extremely cautious. Some comments have been posted that lists Mitchener as the sole option for ultrasound training while others have listed limited capacity of the same institution.

The websites for the two institutes indicate that the instructors for the Mainz ultrasound training and TCUS are both foreign medical graduates registered with ARDMS. However, the instructor for TCUS is also registered with CARDUP and CSDMS and is a working sonographer.

Those interested must carefully review the two programs and make decisions based on credentials, transparency of information and the facilities. Do not accept claims by these institutions unless in writing.

Readers are requested to post comments if the information posted above is of any significance.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Syed Rahman in Mississauga, Ontario said: PART-IV: ACCREDITED ULTRASOUND PROGRAMS IN ONTARIO

CSDMS Lists the following accredited programs for the province of Ontario,

1. Mohawk-McMaster Institute for Applied Health Sciences, Hamilton
2. The Michener Institute, Toronto

4-year study programs may cost in excess of $10,000 per year.

it is 2 year program if you already have your bachelor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Firuza in Richmond Hill and in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

I have noticed some negative comments about Mainz ultrasound school. I just finished my abdomen courses there. I have to say the teacher Dr. Khadija is a knowledgeable sonographer and a very nice lady. I did not have any problems there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Anatoli Wladyczack in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

Firuza in Richmond Hill and in Toronto, Ontario said: I have noticed some negative comments about Mainz ultrasound school. I just finished my abdomen courses there. I have to say the teacher Dr. Khadija is a knowledgeable sonographer and a very nice lady. I did not have any problems there.

Dear Mr. Firuza,

Members of the forum have made comments on Mainz to be sketchy and discreet. No comments have been made on the instructor or the training delivered since not much information is available and Mainz is not willing to share the information unless you register for the course.

It is also observed that members recommending Mainz never responded to questions from other members making the institute sketchier.

However, we are glad that you have attended the training at Mainz and we hope that you will share the following information with the members of the forum. This will help everyone to make a proper decision.

1. Location of the training center?
2. Details of the training facilities, training style, audio-visuals?
3. How the training is delivered? Theory and hands-on?
4. Is Mainz associated with a diagnostic center to enable job placement? Will the instructor sign the ARDMS CV?
5. Does hands-on training for Abdomen include real patients with pathology? Did it include small parts also?
6. How much is the instructor involved in the training? Does she discuss complex case studies other than the normal scanning?
7. Although ARDMS registered, how much experience does the instructor has while working under Canadian or North American Protocols?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bobby Miller in Richmond Hill

72 months ago

The claim from Mainz ultrasound is much appreciated. It seems that the institute is confident to provide written warrantee for a job following completion of their training programs. If they are willing to offer written warrantee, I would say go for it. Why wait for 2 to 4 years at Mitchener.

However, it is most unfortunate that an institution such as Mainz would make an unprofessional approach to undermine an instructor from another institute.

The same instructor has already informed in earlier communications that she has attended a course with Mainz for the purposes of examining the adequacy of the training programs offered by Mainz.

It is also surprising to note that job wanted adds usually appear from entry level sonographers trained by Mainz.

I suggest that the members must click on REPORT ABUSE from both institutes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kiran in Halifax, Nova Scotia

72 months ago

Recently, I have finished my training from Mainz Ultrasound Training successfully. Dr Khadija Ajmal possesses strong clinical knowledge, skill and vast experience in the field of Ultrasound. She was very helpful, friendly through out the course. I got all information over the phone without any hesitation or any appointment fee. She provided complete information regarding the ARDMS and Canadian Ultrasound License. I have passed my Gynecology & Obstetrics exam recently and got offered a job from local hospital. Overall experience was excellent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Administrator, Mainz Ultrasound Training in Beamsville, Ontario

72 months ago

Dear Bobby,

Many of our students have been offered jobs, and Kiran Nishat (above) is one of them. If you take the courses and are a good hard-working student, chances are very good that you will find a placement.

But you talk about a written guarantee of placement and no institution can ever provide that.

Can you tell a university to give you a written guarantee of admission into medical school? No you cannot. It depends on the student.

In regards to Lubna Kaleem Obaid, she is our student because she took a 7 week Musculoskeletal course with us.

Regardless of what her intentions were to take the course, she studied hard and completed all our tests and assignments.

She gained knowledge of the MSK field which she did not previously have, and hence she can be defined as "our student".

There is no abuse happening here and hence no reason to "Report Abuse" because Mainz Ultrasound Training came under question and we were forced to respond.

Thank you for taking the time to read the response and we welcome any further clarification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Raymond Park in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

It is displeasing that Mainz does not seem to understand that they must respond to the concerns raised on this forum and instead continues to adopt unethical behavior.
It is also interesting to observe that Mainz is the only training center involved in such unethical postings on this forum.
Mainz must professionally respond to concerns and improve its sketchy and shady image and open its doors to anyone who would like to visit them and make a decision. Postings under different names would only worsen the image.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Schmidt in New Market, Ontario

72 months ago

It seems like Mainz feels insecured due to positive feedbacks for the new training center.
Posts by Mainz has tempted me to visit the new facility and interview the instructor who certainly has better credentials than Mainz which cannot be earned overnight. Training in vascular is an edge above Mainz.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Firuza in Richmond Hill in Toronto, Ontario said: Dear Mrs. Anatoly,

I did not say that comments have been made on the instructor. Please go back and read my posting carefully, it says: "I have noticed some negative comments about Mainz ultrasound school." And also, I am not in the position to answer all your questions. The only thing I can tell you that I did not have any negative experience with Mainz ultrasound school, neither did I with the instructor and her teaching methods. I just have a feeling that other training facilities are using this forum to post anti-advertisement on Mainz school in order to advertise themselves. I just wanted to share my opinion. Thanks.

Thank for the response.

First of all it is not Mrs. Its miss.

While some information is directly related to Mainz, majority can be answered if you did attend the training at Mainz. This makes this issue more shady. I am sure that Mainz will be more transparent once the problems are fixed.

I do not understand whats so confidntial about the location of Mainz.

I do agree with the comments by Mr. Park and Lisa above and request that Mainz stop postings on this forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Victoriya in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

Anatoly,
Are you by any chance associated with OMA ultrasound training centre in North York? :))))

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Lisa Schmidt in New Market, Ontario said: It seems like Mainz feels insecured due to positive feedbacks for the new training center.
Posts by Mainz has tempted me to visit the new facility and interview the instructor who certainly has better credentials than Mainz which cannot be earned overnight. Training in vascular is an edge above Mainz.

Dont be so naive. those "positive feedbacks" are all from the training school itself posted under different names. this is all a game. don't you all understand?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Victoriya in Toronto, Ontario said: Anatoly,
Are you by any chance associated with OMA ultrasound training centre in North York? :))))

You can call me Anna.

No. I have heard the name Ontario Medical Association, but not OMA ultrasound training centre.

72 months ago

Anatoli Wladyczack in Toronto, Ontario said: You can call me Anna.

No. I have heard the name Ontario Medical Association, but not OMA ultrasound training centre.

Yea, I know, they call themselves OMA, but it doesn't stand for ontario medical association, it is something else, i just cant recall know. i believe that place was owned by some Anatoly, so I wasn't sure if it is you...

72 months ago

Victoriya in Toronto, Ontario said: Yea, I know, they call themselves OMA, but it doesn't stand for ontario medical association, it is something else, i just cant recall know. i believe that place was owned by some Anatoly, so I wasn't sure if it is you...

Trust me if I owned a training center, I would not have been on this forum. I respect this forum of professionals and would not involve the forum for financial gains.

72 months ago

Are you a working sonographer Anatoli? or just like many of us just struggling?

72 months ago

Victoriya in Toronto, Ontario said: Are you a working sonographer Anatoli? or just like many of us just struggling?

Soonafter coming to Canada, I had to struggle for a few years before getting a job as a sonographer. I had to upgrade thru training and attending conferences with hands-on sessions.

I am still learning MSK and Vascular.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Anatoli Wladyczack in Toronto, Ontario said: Soonafter coming to Canada, I had to struggle for a few years before getting a job as a sonographer. I had to upgrade thru training and attending conferences with hands-on sessions.

I am still learning MSK and Vascular.

Which training program did you attend? Did you pass ARDMS exams?

72 months ago

I attended a Downsview Medical & Training Center in Toronto in 2001. The center does not exist any more since the trainer a 70-yr old professional has retired.

I have passed my ARDMS in AB, OB/GYN under my family name.

Nishat in Chicago

72 months ago

A few years ago being a registered foreign trained sonographer, I could not get a job in the absence of a canadian education or experience on my resume. The Mainz certificate being bearing a canadian address fulfilled the shortcoming and provided me with an opportunity to use the ultrasound machine after a gap of 1-yr.

One must not expect more from Mainz.

The expectations from the ultrasound technician have now changed and the skills and quality of sonographer is more important than the resume itself. The resume may get you an interview, but your skills will ensure a job and the continuity of the job. Join an accredited institution or a good training facility and a good trainer to get the skills.

Having said, such training institutes must not claim credit for their students getting jobs sine it is not the quality of training but the existing competency and skills of the existing and foreign trained sonographers and medical professionals that ensure a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Calgary, Alberta

72 months ago

I agree, Mainz has refused to answer any questions and concerns directly, rather they keep posting from different users. When I had called none of these questions were answered and I had spoken directly to the insructor, Mrs Siddiqui. I find it very strange.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Schmdt in New Market, Ontario

72 months ago

Victoriya in Toronto, Ontario said: Dont be so naive. those "positive feedbacks" are all from the training school itself posted under different names. this is all a game. don't you all understand?

Thanks for the caution. My employers on several occassions have asked me to upgrade into MSK and vascular. Failure to do so will force my employers to hire another sonographer which will effect my employment.

Although the description of the the Toronto Centre for Ultrasound Studies may be exaggerated in one e-mail, I would not discount the info provided. What attracts me most is that they have offered both MSK and Vascular.

Do not worry, I would not post an exagerated comment following my visit.

Anatoly, how are you learning MSK and Vascular?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Natalya in Richmond Hill, Ontario

72 months ago

Anatoli Wladyczack in Toronto, Ontario said: I attended a Downsview Medical & Training Center in Toronto in 2001. The center does not exist any more since the trainer a 70-yr old professional has retired.

I have passed my ARDMS in AB, OB/GYN under my family name.

Anatoli,
Do you think it would be possible for me to find a job without canadian experience after I get my ARDMS?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sue Chang in Mississauga, Ontario

72 months ago

Kiran in Halifax, Nova Scotia said: Recently, I have finished my training from Mainz Ultrasound Training successfully. Dr Khadija Ajmal possesses strong clinical knowledge, skill and vast experience in the field of Ultrasound. She was very helpful, friendly through out the course. I got all information over the phone without any hesitation or any appointment fee. She provided complete information regarding the ARDMS and Canadian Ultrasound License. I have passed my Gynecology & Obstetrics exam recently and got offered a job from local hospital. Overall experience was excellent.

Please do not provide wrong information. I was your course mate at Mainz. You said you work for Dr. Khadija in your home country for many years as instructor and never got your ARDMS. Now you are writing your Gyne/ Obs but not physics. Also you are already working for a hospital in Halifax. You trained by Mainz in home country. Why do training again?

Loyalty to Mainz is good but no wrong information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

zareen razzaq in Markham, Ontario

72 months ago

I graduated with BSc.from U of T in 1992. Then I attended the michener institute for the nuclear med. program. at that time the program was 2 years. Unfortunately, due to some personal circumstances i was unable to finish the program. now i am mother of four trying to find a quick,suitable career which would balance my home life and at the same time get me into my desired profession. so when i heard of the mainz inst. through the internet, it offered exactly what i wanted--something i liked,which was on parttime basis plus paid clinical training. So I decided to call the institute and talked to the instructor herself. I gave her preview and asked her the same sort of questions that people have posted here and she laughed at me on the phone and suggested to go back to michener.She was very arrogant and not helpful at all. I am still looking for a fast legit way of studying this program if anyone has any suggesstions please advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Brampton, Ontario

72 months ago

Why does anyone still bother with Mainz?? Someone should report them to better business bureau!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Hamilton, Ontario

72 months ago

I am a student going into my 4th year in the Mohawk-McMaster program. I don't know if this will be of any help, but I thought I would make some comments regarding my experience. I think Mohawk-McMaster offers an excellent program, which prepares you well for a career. The course are all designed to teach you exactly what is required for the ARDMS exam, and you get 12 months (3 semesters, 4 months each) of clinical experience. Unfortunately, you cannot complete the program in 2 years if you already have a degree, you must do all four years of the program, and it cannot be done part-time. It is very expensive, over $5000 (tuition only) per semester x 10 semesters). But every student that graduated the program last year now has a job in the field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Natalya in Richmond Hill, Ontario said: Anatoli,
Do you think it would be possible for me to find a job without canadian experience after I get my ARDMS?

Dear Natalya,

This is a very important question and the members on the forum has provided with the opinions from different school of thoughts. An ARDMS would probably get you an interview, however, your skills would give you a job and ensure that you have a job. Education from an accredited school is always preferred by employers.

I have seen people trained by Mainz and some other schools come and go after a few days because they could not perform proper scanning and neither could identify proper pathology. Unless the radiologist has trust in you, it is difficult to survive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Raymond1 Park in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

Fellow forum members,

I have started to wonder if the egagerated emails from Tara Steller were a planned smear campaign from Mainz that would provide them to post commerically inflicted posts on this non-commercial forum.

It is now proven that Mainz has provided wrong information on this forum including posts under the name of KIRAN. Her colleague on one of the training has clarified that KIRAN has been working as an employee for Mainz and was also working for a hospital in Halifax before she attended the training. Surprisingly all these posts does not wish to respond to members of the forum and hence are probably fictitious.

Lets clean the forum by removing the e-mails from Tara Steller (aboyt 13-days ago ) and Mainz (about 5-days ago) by clicking on the REPORT ABUSE.

Sue Chang in Mississauga, Ontario

72 months ago

Mainz has recently hired two more instructors who have just finished some training from Mainz and like me still have to learn how to hold a probe. They are also not registered.

I will not take any more course at Mainz after I finish this course at Mainz. I will now look for another training center to do the same training again. for ultrasound. I wasted all my money.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.