Ultrasound Jobs in Canada

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Tiffanylola in Weston, Florida

7 months ago

Does anyone know the job market in Canada? Are jobs hard to find like they are in the U.S.? If not where exactly are the jobs in Canada?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LoganJohn in Los Angeles, California

7 months ago

Hi Tiffany, The ultrasound market in Canada is still good and booming. Canadian cities only have 1 or 2 schools that produce ultrasonographers so the demand is high. I know because I moved from LA to Vancouver and working as a Radiographer in a big private imaging. We hire newly grad as soon as they pass the ARDMS or the canadian version CARDUP. I'm going back to LA to study ultrasound and my employer is paying for my school. Here in Vancouver there is only 1 school and only producing 25 or so every 2 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiffanylola in Weston, Florida

7 months ago

LoganJohn in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Tiffany, The ultrasound market in Canada is still good and booming. Canadian cities only have 1 or 2 schools that produce ultrasonographers so the demand is high. I know because I moved from LA to Vancouver and working as a Radiographer in a big private imaging. We hire newly grad as soon as they pass the ARDMS or the canadian version CARDUP. I'm going back to LA to study ultrasound and my employer is paying for my school. Here in Vancouver there is only 1 school and only producing 25 or so every 2 years.

Thank you LoganJohn for your response. Are you a Canadian citizen? I'm not a Canadian citizen so I'd like to know the process of obtaining a job without Canadian citizenship. You can email me at qualityfurniture2010@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

padma in Grand Blanc, Michigan

7 months ago

Tiffanylola in Weston, Florida said: Thank you LoganJohn for your response. Are you a Canadian citizen? I'm not a Canadian citizen so I'd like to know the process of obtaining a job without Canadian citizenship. You can email me at qualityfurniture2010@yahoo.com.

Hi I am a General ultrasound tech looking for job in Michigan since 1 year. I am U.S citizen can I apply in Canada or do I need Citizenship or permanent residence. I am board certified in Abdomen, Ob.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LoganJohn in Los Angeles, California

7 months ago

Tiffany,

I'm canadian citizen now and applying for one is super easy since your american it took me 6 months to get everything processed, but it was before sept 11. I still think it is easier to apply a residency here. There is alot of american working here as radiographer and ultrasonographer mainly because the jobs are still abundant and the exchange rates is almost at par or at par. Once you lived here you will find the difference in healthcare system and its wonderful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiffanylola in Weston, Florida

7 months ago

LoganJohn in Los Angeles, California said: Tiffany,

I'm canadian citizen now and applying for one is super easy since your american it took me 6 months to get everything processed, but it was before sept 11. I still think it is easier to apply a residency here. There is alot of american working here as radiographer and ultrasonographer mainly because the jobs are still abundant and the exchange rates is almost at par or at par. Once you lived here you will find the difference in healthcare system and its wonderful.

Thanks Logan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.