Question on HCC Surety Group

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

James C. in Toronto, Ontario

82 months ago

What is the reputation of HCC Surety Group in general and also as far as their Surety Bond departments?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike W. in Chalfont, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

I have never worked on the surety side (I am a producer), but you can speak to underwriters at the Surety Forums (see: www.suretyforums.org). Some of the members are underwriters from a lot of the top sureties.

As for my experience with HCC, they have been very slow in repsonse to submissions, even though we are the top producer for the branch we work with! However, like all carriers, not every branch is the same.

James C. in Toronto, Ontario

82 months ago

Mike W. in Chalfont, Pennsylvania said: I have never worked on the surety side (I am a producer), but you can speak to underwriters at the Surety Forums (see: www.suretyforums.org ). Some of the members are underwriters from a lot of the top sureties.

As for my experience with HCC, they have been very slow in repsonse to submissions, even though we are the top producer for the branch we work with! However, like all carriers, not every branch is the same.

Does anyone know anything about the Denver branch as far as their reputation?

Adam in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

I'd check the forums for underwriters at that branch. They have a "Professionals Only" section, which I am sure they will grant you access to.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.