Underwriter blog for you to vent

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Danelle Smith in Palm Springs, California

64 months ago

I have been in the Mortgage buiness going on 20 years. I just saw an add that I am extremly qualified for, but it read that if you have had a job gap of a year do not apply! Are they kidding! I lost my job at the end of 07. I have been doing this longer then some people have been married and older then most peoples children. If you can read and follow directions and do some math you can underwrite. Like somehow in the last year and 1/2 I have lost all my abilities!
Also what to do about FHA ... I have seen a few people on here write what a waste of money the class's are because everyone wants "experience" and for an u/w to already be DE approved. Has anyone told these lenders FHA stopped doing that years ago! I hope I havn't spread the crabbiness to much I am sure you all understand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anothermadunderwriter in Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

I do understand, I too as are most of us experienced underwriter know, the industry has turned backs on us. I really don't understand why they come up with things to keep us from working????Really??? They want us to have worked within last 6 months....ok then stop pulling credit....knowing that most of us went under when they crashed....the problem is that they still are not doing things right, they (mortgage companeys,Banks) are still tring to push thru the few underwriters a lot of work without hiring. they would rather hire a monkey than an experienced underwriter........like we forgot how to read or count in the last few years.....while we spent hours on the internet looking for jobs that we can't get due to god knows why. I am tired of the proving, tired of the test's, and tired of them asking me what did I do between 08 to 09.......what do you think? look for a job (my answer) I was then told I need to not say that and try and put something else that I was doing!@#$ well thats just crazy...... where have these people been......they would rather have lies.....and waste time interviewing students than put us back to work! Yes I am really mad.....really mad.....and don't let me get started on the hoops they make you jump thru to get a job with fannie or freddie.........impossible.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

monorth in Vacaville, California

39 months ago

you guys are exactly right?? I feel the same way.. I dont understand, about a month ago I went to a interview for a underwriter position, and he was questions a 3 mos gap of employment?? are you kidding. how about being laid off??? and I have been at Wells fargo 4 times, and wanted to know why I have been there so many times.. TRY, I WAS CONTRACTING??? I thought he would see that being impressive that wells kept hiring me back!! geeze... I am good underwriter who has been contracting for the last few years, and due to the recent ecomony has found herself out of work once again!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

monorth in Vacaville, California

39 months ago

you guys are exactly right?? I feel the same way.. I dont understand, about a month ago I went to a interview for a underwriter position, and he was questions a 3 mos gap of employment?? are you kidding. how about being laid off??? and I have been at Wells fargo 4 times, and wanted to know why I have been there so many times.. TRY, I WAS CONTRACTING??? I thought he would see that being impressive that wells kept hiring me back!! geeze... I am good underwriter who has been contracting for the last few years, and due to the recent economy has found herself out of work once again!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AD in Huntington Beach, California

25 months ago

monorth in Vacaville, California said: you guys are exactly right?? I feel the same way.. I dont understand, about a month ago I went to a interview for a underwriter position, and he was questions a 3 mos gap of employment?? are you kidding. how about being laid off??? and I have been at Wells fargo 4 times, and wanted to know why I have been there so many times.. TRY, I WAS CONTRACTING??? I thought he would see that being impressive that wells kept hiring me back!! geeze... I am good underwriter who has been contracting for the last few years, and due to the recent economy has found herself out of work once again!!!

Our law firm is investigating a class action against Wells Fargo Bank in California for underwriters who were not paid overtime. We believe underwriters are non exempt and entitled to overtime pay. Please contact me at client@paymeovertime.com Anthony

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.