Salaries in the Utility Locating Industry

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Utility Locator in Klamath Falls, Oregon

43 months ago

Hello,

I am a newly hired Utility Locator and will begin my training in a few weeks. I know nothing about this field and I am being hired on at $11.00/hr. I have heard rumors that the pay for Utility Locators has gone down drastically since the economy crashed, and that pay used to be around $20-$22/hr. Does anyone think the pay will increase again after the economy turns around? Is this a good 'career' field? Is there anything else I should know? What do top earners get in this field? What opportunities for advancement are there?

Thanks for the help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dragon in Bowling Green, Kentucky

26 months ago

I just found your post , hope you are still locating .
Pay will go up and down with the econ. but depending on the company you work for . I have been lucky to work for many companies , some good some bad . But as for starting pay , that aint bad , it will get better . But the best company I ever worked for was a private locating company , Ground Hound Detection Services in Fla . The owner Jeff Poppe is a great boss , if you do your best for him , he would take care of you . The only company I ever regreted leaveing . I left for personal reaaon and he understood and still returns emails and phone calls to me . I would vote him the best locating boss ever .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.