What are typical vb net developer salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

TALLEY in Raleigh, North Carolina

72 months ago

VB.NET was the first language introduced by Microsoft.For years people use this language because it easy to learn.If you know all aspect of VB.NET including ASP.NET then you can have a great job.But if you know C# and ASP.NET you will get more money because it is new and OOP .Top earner can make up to 100K/year depending of years of experience.The more years you have the more money you make.You should be up-to-date with the latest trend of these language.The current framework is .net 3.5

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kkemerait in Williston, Vermont

72 months ago

TALLEY in Raleigh, North Carolina said: VB.NET was the first language introduced by Microsoft.For years people use this language because it easy to learn.If you know all aspect of VB.NET including ASP.NET then you can have a great job.But if you know C# and ASP.NET you will get more money because it is new and OOP .Top earner can make up to 100K/year depending of years of experience.The more years you have the more money you make.You should be up-to-date with the latest trend of these language.The current framework is .net 3.5

I believe you mean Visual Basic, VB.NET was released with C# in Visual Studio in 2002. While there seems to be a preference for C#, especially in shops which are not migrating applications from VB. I do not believe there is a significant correlation to salary. Personally, I program with both but find that VB.NET syntax is less cumbersome and easier for someone new to the code to follow. (please, I don't want to start a language war lol...it's just my opinion).

Like any profession, there are moany paths and specialties that you may find interesting, but if you are just beginning to learn .net, then learning the basics is the way to go, both web and winforms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.