Finishing my BA in Bio at 30 -- Thinking about Vet School

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Rewd in Easton, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

Hi everyone,

For some years I've considered the idea of going to vet school but I've been working full time since I was 24 and never took the time to finish my BA in Biology.

Well, as of last January I started back to school to finish my degree and have recently become laid off so I will be focusing hard over the next year to finish this by December of 2013 (I already had my associates). I should earn my BA in Bio by December of 2013 or MAYBE the spring semester of 2014 at the ABSOLUTE latest.

If I want to seriously consider going to vet school after that what should I begin to look at? I have worked for Petco for many years and am about to start working part-time at Petsmart but beyond spending the vast majority of my free time with my two dobermans (we go to conformation shows, train in agility, etc) I don't have any clinical experience working with animals.

I should be graduating with my BA when I'm 30 years old (I'm 29 now) and I have no major obligations to worry about. I am a single guy with no kids or anything beyond these two dogs and my only financial obligations are my car payment and mortgage. I'm more then willing to sell this house to relieve myself of that obligation to focus on vet school if that is needed.

I know the costs involved with school and that the amount of time and dedication needed to complete it are staggering but I can't shake the idea that if I really want to do it NOW is the time to seriously consider it.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.