Realistic to go back to school to become a vet?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

AshleyElizabeth in Ventura, California

50 months ago

Hi all,

I've been reading through the postings and have seen a few similar to mine. I'm a 25 year old college graduate, but my degree is in Legal Studies/Political Science. I graduated from UC Santa Cruz in 2007 and have worked as a Legal Assistant and now as a Contracts Administrator. I thought I wanted to go to law school or get my MBA, but my passion has ALWAYS been animals. I always thought I wasn't inclined to do a science major, but I've really started to realize that I want to be happy and do something I love.

I don't feel like it's too late to go back, but I don't know where to start. I have the four year degree, but that doesn't help since I didn't take any science classes other than gen ed. Do I need to go back to a four year university to take my science classes or can I take them at a community college?

I guess I'm trying to figure out where I even begin on this journey! Thanks for any and all help :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LauraMcG in Newport Beach, California

49 months ago

I'm in a similar situation Ashley! I'm 25 and graduated in 2008 with a BA in Anthropology and has been working in a museum for the past two years. I know I am lucky to even have a job at this time and especially one in my field but I'm am considering becoming a Vet tech or possibly a veterinatian. Just like you, I don't know where to begin. I'm considering the Animal Health Science BS program at Cal Poly Pomona or the AA two year program at Pierce College. I'm scared to make a move like this.
If anyone has any advice about where to start, Thank you in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.