Vet/Training skills and education

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

boobear in Mechanicville, New York

60 months ago

wow thanks alot you really inspired me even more to become a veterinarian it is the career i've dreamed about everyday since i was a little girl.....thank you soooo much becuase in a specific way you changed my life in a good way.....thank you.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (86) Reply - Report abuse

keyra gore in Kennewick, Washington

47 months ago

Niko-ni in Corvallis, Oregon said: Training: undergraduate degree PLUS 4 years of Vet School, maybe an additional 2 if you want to specialize in a particular area/animal

Skills: Good people and animal skills, ability to function and make decisions under pressure, good observational skills, ability to disassociate from some actions- ie euthanizations

Conditions: long hours, a lot of noise, chance of physical harm from a variety of sizes of animals, not very extraordinary pay depending on location, and maybe even emotional trauma

These are the cold hard facts, but there is so much more that actually makes it a rewarding career choice. If you truly love animals and other people who love animals, than don't be overwhelmed by all of this criteria, but don't forget that that doesn't make this disappear. It's hard work.

Good luck!

I always wanted to be a vet ever since i was a little girl and now im 14 years old and when im old enough i want to be a vet and honestly i have all the skills need to be a vet!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (44) Reply - Report abuse

Ally in Port Orchard, Washington

37 months ago

I wanna be a Vet too!!!
I will def. remember this...
I want to go to Washington Stat Univisty (WSU)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (53) Reply - Report abuse

Depresha L. Rhodes in Memphis, Tennessee

30 months ago

Ally in Port Orchard, Washington said: I wanna be a Vet too!!!
I will def. remember this...
I want to go to Washington Stat Univisty (WSU)

Hey im 16 when I was little I love animla I also want to be a vet and I also want to go to Washington Stat Univisty. My sister told me that I will never make it to that point. But I will keep going to goal. I am so happy that I found someone with the same goal. bye!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

Depresha L. Rhodes in Memphis, Tennessee

30 months ago

No matter what keep going forward to your goal!!!!!!!!!!!
With a BIG smile!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

PrettYoungThang in San Diego, California

25 months ago

Depresha L. Rhodes in Memphis, Tennessee said: No matter what keep going forward to your goal!!!!!!!!!!!
With a BIG smile!!!!!!!

Exactly !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (36) Reply - Report abuse

hope in Monticello, Mississippi

24 months ago

Thank you so much because truly this has helped me understand that you will possiby get injured, hurt, or maybe even badly bruised. But the important thing is to just focus, as the other people have been saying, on your goal. Also that will need a variety of skills to be able to work well with the animals as well as the people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

eilish in Auckland, New Zealand

22 months ago

hey im 14 and i really want to be a veterinary surgeon. except all the google results keep coming up with is veterinary nurse. im more interested in surgery. but from what ive read nursing is far more basic than surgery. so any help on the NCEA schooling marks/qualifications i would need to get into a good university for this would be much apreciated. im super passionate about this so please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

eilish in Auckland, New Zealand

22 months ago

oh and by the way i also need this for a school project so please this is urgent

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.