volunteering

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

janet in Wilsons Mills, North Carolina

77 months ago

I am considering being a vet and am considering volunteering to help me get an idea of what the job is like. How old do you usually have to be to volunteer at a veterinarian hospital or practice? Also what do volunteers do? Any advice would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

tajjahnee in San Diego, California

65 months ago

my name is tajjahnee when i get older i wanna be a vet i also want to visit a veternasrians job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

tajjahnee in San Diego, California

65 months ago

my name is tajjahnee when i get older i want to be a vet right now i want to see what it is like so i can visit a veternarians job hoppefully i get someone to show me in a big surprise

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

janet in Rocky Mount, North Carolina

65 months ago

tajjahnee, Does your school have a career day? I shadowed a vet on mine and I learned a lot. Also the vet told me how important 'contact hours'(How much time you've been around a vet office)are. So it's good for you to try to get a summer job there or something. If they say you're too young, you might consider volunteering at an animal shelter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Loise in Hagerman in Boise, Idaho

64 months ago

tajjahnee in San Diego, California said: my name is tajjahnee when i get older i want to be a vet right now i want to see what it is like so i can visit a veternarians job hoppefully i get someone to show me in a big surprise

I am going to start collige next yaer when I'm twelve Because of my home schoolling program. I also whant to be a vet Tajjahnee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Morgan:D in New Port Richey, Florida

63 months ago

I'm going to volunteer this summer at a Vet's office, because it will help me when I apply for college, and I'm 14. I think that most offices will let you watch what they do or even help by walking a dog or cleaning out a cage, maybe changing a bandage. It never hurts to ask so what you two should do is ask your parent(s) to call a local vet's office and see what you can do over the summer!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

peyton in Oakland, California

32 months ago

I would love to be a vet when i grow up and i have sinc i was 3 and now im 10.I would love to at least start working as a volunteer but first i need to know how old i have to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hannah in El Paso, Texas

27 months ago

any of you all who want to be a veterinarian and want to volenteer you have to be at least 9 years old

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.