Am i ready to be a vet assistant?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Lyn in New Braunfels, Texas

75 months ago

I have no experience in being a veterinarian assistant. I have an interview this week to become one. I have experience with bottle feeding kittens and puppies, being around huge piles of poop, huge dogs because my sister owns a french mastif, birds because I nursed two of them back to health. Im willing to learn more and I am very interested in working with animals. Does it seem like im ready for a job like this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paula Homrig in Danville, California

74 months ago

Did you get the job? I also want to be a vet assistant. I have the office and administrative skills and a certificate in becoming a vet assistant. I know that I have a lot to learn, but I love animals and have had them all my life. Any tips?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

C D U in Liverpool, United Kingdom

65 months ago

im currently in a office job, but always wanted to do somethink with animal just, i was thinking of somethink like a veterinary nurse, but not sure what i need to do, any advise please!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas

65 months ago

C D U in Liverpool, United Kingdom said: im currently in a office job, but always wanted to do somethink with animal just, i was thinking of somethink like a veterinary nurse, but not sure what i need to do, any advise please!!

The requirements for being a veterinary nurse differ in the UK from the US. Here is a link that should provide you with some answers to your questions and contacts for further information:
www.bvna.org.uk/smartweb/careers/careers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.