Do I let them know i want to volunteer or just do on the job training?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Sunny in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

My goal is to work as a Veterinary Assistant by doing on the job training. I would consider volunteering my time to gain the experience.
In a Resume do I tell them I am looking for an on the job training position or just tell them i would like to volunteer? Or do i mention both?
And, do I send a cover letter or just a Resume?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ripdolla in Columbus, Ohio

43 months ago

you send them your cover letter, resume, & references.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sunny in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

ripdolla in Columbus, Ohio said: you send them your cover letter, resume, & references.

Thank you. I actually did that.

mandr113 in Mesa, Arizona

43 months ago

As of January of this year, you have to attend college and get your degree in order to become a vet tech. By law they are no longer allowed to train you in the office.

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas

43 months ago

There is a difference between a veterinary technician and a veterinary assistant. No state in the US has education or training requirements to work as a veterinary assistant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bill O'Leary in Chatsworth, California

42 months ago

Sunny in Los Angeles, California said: My goal is to work as a Veterinary Assistant by doing on the job training. I would consider volunteering my time to gain the experience.
In a Resume do I tell them I am looking for an on the job training position or just tell them i would like to volunteer? Or do i mention both?
And, do I send a cover letter or just a Resume?

Many hospitals do not like accepting volunteers because of insurance reasons. I would consider joining the Pierce college pre vet or technician program in woodland hills ca. From their you can take their 181 class which will give you insurance. They also normally have hospitals that you can volunteer at to get experience. I hope this helps.

www.missionvet.com
www.missionvet.com/orthopedic.htm
www.missionvet.com/k9%20conditions/parvo.htm

Bill O'Leary in Chatsworth, California

42 months ago

mandr113 in Mesa, Arizona said: As of January of this year, you have to attend college and get your degree in order to become a vet tech. By law they are no longer allowed to train you in the office.

Different states have different laws, rules and regulations. Here in California a non licensed tech can do almost everything a licensed technician can do. I know one of my best technicians moved to Arizona a few years ago and when I talked to him he was upset because hew was not allowed to do anything at the hospital he was working at.

www.missionvet.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.