Looking for help with writing a career objective for my resume!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Carlie W. in Ottawa, Ontario

84 months ago

I am a 21 year old woman with a high school diploma and a college diploma in Preparatory Health Science, however, I don't have any experience in the veterinary field. I have lots of customer service experience as I have been working numerous serving jobs for the past 6 years so I am very personable and great at multi-tasking. I have recently moved to a new city and there is a vet receptionist job available in my area that I am very interested in. Any help at catering my resume to the job as well as any other tips would be GREATLY appreciated. I truly feel I would be an excellent candidate for the position and I know I would be an asset if given the chance.
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kelli in Gainesville, Florida

84 months ago

Carlie W. in Ottawa, Ontario said: I am a 21 year old woman with a high school diploma and a college diploma in Preparatory Health Science, however, I don't have any experience in the veterinary field. I have lots of customer service experience as I have been working numerous serving jobs for the past 6 years so I am very personable and great at multi-tasking. I have recently moved to a new city and there is a vet receptionist job available in my area that I am very interested in. Any help at catering my resume to the job as well as any other tips would be GREATLY appreciated. I truly feel I would be an excellent candidate for the position and I know I would be an asset if given the chance.
thanks

Hello, I just wanted to see if you ever got any tips on how to write your resume. I am needing the saqme help. I would like to apply for a vet receptionist job, but have never worked for a vet before. I have worked in property management for over 5 years, which offers lots of customer service and included many office duties. However; the last 3 years I have been a nanny. I would love to get this job, as I have always loved animals. Any suggestions on how to make this change on my resume?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Nutley, New Jersey

81 months ago

My objective on my resume is always pretty much the same except for maybe substituting the job title...

"Obtain a rewarding position as a veterinary receptionist at a growing animal hospital which will allow me to utilize and further build upon the skills I currently possess."

Also, it's VERY important to add a cover letter. I hated the thought of doing one and was able to get a couple of jobs without one but it looks REALLY good to employers. They read resume after resume blah blah blah. They all look the same and they do nothing to convey who you are and what you're all about. Employers LOVE passion and enthusiasm so make sure you portray those qualities. The job experience is secondary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anne Huard in Sudbury, Ontario

81 months ago

Kelli in Gainesville, Florida said: Hello, I just wanted to see if you ever got any tips on how to write your resume. I am needing the saqme help. I would like to apply for a vet receptionist job, but have never worked for a vet before. I have worked in property management for over 5 years, which offers lots of customer service and included many office duties. However; the last 3 years I have been a nanny. I would love to get this job, as I have always loved animals. Any suggestions on how to make this change on my resume?

As a vet receptionist , I will tell you that marketing your client service is important, how you like to deal with people, your love for animals, and most important a smile and warm welcome. You are the first person the clients see and the last person they see, you make the lasting impression, you need to be warm and friendly, client service is the most important. I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.