Taking receptionist courses throught VSPN & VETMED

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Cat W. in Sarasota, Florida

75 months ago

Hello,

I am very interested in applying for a receptionist position at a veterinary clinic. I have previous receptionist experience, but not in the veterinary field.

Elsewhere I read on this board that taking receptionist courses through VSPN & VETMED are highly suggested. Looking at these websites it seems that even to join that one must already be employed at a veterinary office.

Is there any way to begin taking classes prior to applying for employment? Please advise.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cat W in Bradenton, Florida

75 months ago

Please disregard. I found out via VSPN that one must already be employed in this field to become a member, but that there are books I can buy to prepare me. They were very helpful and friendly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Millie Imler in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

Cat, what books and where can one get them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cat W in Bradenton, Florida

68 months ago

Well, Millie, the Veterinary Receptionist's Handbook is one that was suggested to me. However, beyond that I'm afraid I do not know as of yet. As it is I am currently not employed as a receptionist, however, I am blessed to be a kennel worker. A different direction from the one I thought I was going towards, but I'm still helping animals and am very happy with it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Poodle Mom in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

Cat W. in Sarasota, Florida said: Hello,

I am very interested in applying for a receptionist position at a veterinary clinic. I have previous receptionist experience, but not in the veterinary field.

Elsewhere I read on this board that taking receptionist courses through VSPN & VETMED are highly suggested. Looking at these websites it seems that even to join that one must already be employed at a veterinary office.

Is there any way to begin taking classes prior to applying for employment? Please advise.

Thank you.

I saw that www.pennfoster.com offers training online for animal care (dogs) and (cats) and administrative assistant. Perhaps you can build your credentials that way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Naples, Florida

26 months ago

Veterinary Technical Institute offers an online Veterinary Receptionist program that includes job placement assistance. Go to www.VetTechOnline.com and look under Diploma Programs.

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.