What do you enjoy most about your veterinary receptionist career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a veterinary receptionist? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

annehuard in Sudbury, Ontario

89 months ago

What I enjoy the most is dealing with the clients and their pets every day is different.
What I dislike the most is the people who do not understand the dollar value of what we offer to their pets. I hear it alot, we charge too much, it's too expensive.

What I find the most challenging is multi tasking, answering phones, dealing with a client in front of you and trying to put patients in the rooms all at the same time. Those are just some examples of a day in a clinic.

I have been taking many courses online through VSPN & VET MED dealing with many subjects like client communication, dealing with difficult clients, euthanasia, front desk skills, these are great.

Well as far as advancement I have just received the title of head receptionist where I have 2 staff members under me, there is always the possibility of hospital manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LaughingIsGood in Bremerton, Washington

66 months ago

I can't wait to get done with my Medical Office
Support classes and begin this as my career.
They keep saying a love for animals is a big thing to have under your belt, but really it's not. But I'd say it's a huge plus. People really can tell a fake smile from a real one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.