vet receptionist help

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Kimberly in Hurst, Texas

80 months ago

I start vet tech school in about a month, and will be a fully certified vet tech by the end of the year. I m currently in the finance industry which is not doing very well right now. I m looking for a receptionist job, or a job at a vet that is willing to train, it will be full time job, school is online/weekend.

I have been in the customer service industry for 6 years. I have phone, computer, data entry, collection, verification, and office experience. Im looking for a company that will realize my ability and promote me as my vet expereince grows in both the job and the school.

I have applied at every vet office hiring in the Fort Worth, Arlington, Weatherford, Saginaw, Keller, Grapevine are with no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas

66 months ago

If you are just starting school, you will not be a fully certified veterinary technician by the end of the year. It is likely that you are confusing a certified veterinary assistant program with a veterinary technology program. CVA programs are not college degree programs and will not allow you to sit to take the Veterinary Technician National Exam nor Texas' jurisprudence exam---both of which are required to be a credentialed (Registered) veterinary technician in Texas.

I hope you have found a job by now, but if you have not I would recommend that you get involved in the Texas Association of Registered Veterinary Technicians to network with others in the veterinary profession.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.