vet receptionist help

Comments (2)

Kimberly in Hurst, Texas

85 months ago

I start vet tech school in about a month, and will be a fully certified vet tech by the end of the year. I m currently in the finance industry which is not doing very well right now. I m looking for a receptionist job, or a job at a vet that is willing to train, it will be full time job, school is online/weekend.

I have been in the customer service industry for 6 years. I have phone, computer, data entry, collection, verification, and office experience. Im looking for a company that will realize my ability and promote me as my vet expereince grows in both the job and the school.

I have applied at every vet office hiring in the Fort Worth, Arlington, Weatherford, Saginaw, Keller, Grapevine are with no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas

71 months ago

If you are just starting school, you will not be a fully certified veterinary technician by the end of the year. It is likely that you are confusing a certified veterinary assistant program with a veterinary technology program. CVA programs are not college degree programs and will not allow you to sit to take the Veterinary Technician National Exam nor Texas' jurisprudence exam---both of which are required to be a credentialed (Registered) veterinary technician in Texas.

I hope you have found a job by now, but if you have not I would recommend that you get involved in the Texas Association of Registered Veterinary Technicians to network with others in the veterinary profession.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.