NYC Editors?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Chris in Worcester, Massachusetts

50 months ago

I'm planning on moving to New York City in September because it seems to be the best place in the country for editing work. Are there any NY based editors here who can offer any tips on breaking into the market or any advice at all? I'm FCP and Avid trained and own my own system (8 core FCS3, Avid Media Composer, After Effects), but prefer FCP and honestly haven't used Avid in a year or so... Will this hurt my chances of finding work?

I'm currently based out of Boston and while I've worked on some great projects and have a good reel to show for it there just isn't that many opportunities. Looking forward to a change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

G in Nashville, Tennessee

33 months ago

You'll probably never see this, but I'm now in a very similar position. I hope you found what you were looking for. Any tips, leads, advice, help? I've just got FCP on my side and a ton of experience, great education, etc. I'm a catch, honest! Just need a starting point for editing work.

JL in New York, New York

23 months ago

Looking for experienced avid editor on pc for yoga dvd, please contact me asap, 1 month work august -sept 2012, tks

Chris in Worcester, Massachusetts said: I'm planning on moving to New York City in September because it seems to be the best place in the country for editing work. Are there any NY based editors here who can offer any tips on breaking into the market or any advice at all? I'm FCP and Avid trained and own my own system (8 core FCS3, Avid Media Composer, After Effects), but prefer FCP and honestly haven't used Avid in a year or so... Will this hurt my chances of finding work?

I'm currently based out of Boston and while I've worked on some great projects and have a good reel to show for it there just isn't that many opportunities. Looking forward to a change.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.