Video/Film Editing in Georgia

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

constantine in Macon, Georgia

67 months ago

Hi, I am a soon to be communications graduate with focus in video production. I am new to obtaining employment in the entertainment field and would very much appreciate everyone's advice. I work with FCP & Premiere and have won a few awards for editing, special effects, and sound composition. I just don't quite know how to actually find out where the jobs are and how to go about applying for them.

I don't think that I am the best for there are guys/girls on youtube that are amazing; however, I am very profession and believe in meeting and/or exceeding any deadlines. So please any advice is welcomed.

Graciously,
Constantine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

toasterboy in Cumming, Georgia

66 months ago

my take on it is if you are graduating and you have not already worked for some local companies as an intern or part time helper you have hurt yourself. It sounds like you have some experience, but is it work related or school related?
Anyway, water under the bridge..
Be prepared to do mostly Freelance work. And for gods sake get an accountant to help with your taxes. There are major deductibles you need to know about when freelancing.
Anyway.
Small companies are a great way to get experience and build a demo reel.

Search Craigslist & not just your area, often there are national jobs you can do local if you have the equipment or a place that you can use or rent.
Look to see if there is a local government video production house, local cable access channel, large markets often provide studios to anyone that wants to do video work as long as it gets aired on their channel.
Churches are often good places to ask around for work, often they do in house work for cable access.
You are in Macon, check Warner Robins, the military has a major video production facility and broadcasts worldwide. Also check Ft. Benning.
Go to every production house you find and take a resume and short demo reel preferably 30 to 60 secs, if they are interested, have more material available if you have it. Do not give up if they say not hiring. Ask if they will let you watch, help on shoots, do whatever it takes to get into the place. Once in you can impress. Never sell yourself short. No freebies, no discounts. If you are good and they don't want to pay, take partial trade, use of facilities or something. Dress nice, no aftershave or cologne, they shouldn't smell you. (seriously) good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

pratap keshari patra in New Delhi, India

60 months ago

video editor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pratap keshari patra in New Delhi, India

60 months ago

Video Film Editing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.