How do I start after I complete the 4 yrs undertand in tv production?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Karissa in Walnut Creek, California

49 months ago

Hi professionals, my name is Karissa and I am at my second year university majoring in tv production. I am interested in film editing, primarily in documentary. How do I start a job after I graduate? Do most career requires more than undergrad qualification?

Thank you .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Karissa in Walnut Creek, California

49 months ago

sorry i meant undergrad on the title*

smitty in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

46 months ago

Karissa in Walnut Creek, California said: sorry i meant undergrad on the title*

Make sure you get a internship and from your work there and from school you can make a resume reel. I would become a part of different extra curricular programs in school... that helped me a lot. A lot of the programs won emmys and various others awards and hunny that looks good on your resume.

I am not in film but I am a video editor for news. I got a job in the top 50 market right out of college, even before I graduated. Also go to networking events because you never know who knows who. Good luck hun ; )

Smitty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lindsey_G in Atlanta, Georgia

46 months ago

smitty in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Make sure you get a internship and from your work there and from school you can make a resume reel. I would become a part of different extra curricular programs in school... that helped me a lot. A lot of the programs won emmys and various others awards and hunny that looks good on your resume.

I am not in film but I am a video editor for news. I got a job in the top 50 market right out of college, even before I graduated. Also go to networking events because you never know who knows who. Good luck hun ; )

Smitty

Hi Smitty,

I am a writer working on a career guide for videographers and I wanted to know if I could ask you a couple of questions about your career as a video editor. If you wouldn't mind, please email me at lindsey.h.gregory@gmail.com and I'll email you a few questions; it shouldn't take too long. thanks!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.