You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

lkumara swamy in Hyderabad, India

67 months ago

give me suggestions to improve my editing speed and some tips to improve

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Darmon in Ballwin, Missouri

67 months ago

lkumara swamy in Hyderabad, India said: give me suggestions to improve my editing speed and some tips to improve

I suggest a Macro Pad, often available for gamers. The nostromo n52 pro pad is a good example. With proper programming, you will virtually eliminate the need for a keyboard. That and finding the best program, and best window layout for you. The rest comes with practice.

lkumara swamy in Hyderabad, India

67 months ago

Joe Darmon in Ballwin, Missouri said: I suggest a Macro Pad, often available for gamers. The nostromo n52 pro pad is a good example. With proper programming, you will virtually eliminate the need for a keyboard. That and finding the best program, and best window layout for you. The rest comes with practice.

thank u so much for the reply
and it would be a favour if u help me on getting a job on editing in UK, ive completed my engneering and iam working on editing since 1 year in india.

Joe Darmon in Ballwin, Missouri

67 months ago

Sorry, I live in the US, and I just edit weddings. I'm trying to get another editing job myself, I just know that is what helped me.

Wilis in Chicago, Illinois

55 months ago

I got an entry level job as a video librarian....I got used to the linear equipment real fast. As a librarian sometimes I would ask to fill in as an editor if they were short handed and they often did. After that job I applied for news editor job, and that is how I picked up my speed.

Since almost everything is non-linear now a days, you just gotta be familiar with Avid and FCP for the most part.....once you know your way of doing things....I will just come to you when you work under pressure.

hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.