Internship/employmentfor rehabilitation counselors

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

ems266 in Johnstown, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

My name is Evan and I live in Pennsylvania, I also experienced a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in 2002. I am also in the final semester of earning a master's degree in Rehabilitation Counseling. I need to participate in a 600 hour internship to gain clinical experience to graduate (the internship must also contain a one hour weekly meeting with a CRC). Any ideas on agencies that would prefer my insight as a TBI survivor for either this internship or an employment opportunity? Also, I intend to sit for the CRC exam on March 12, 2011. Thanks for the info, colleagues.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia in San Francisco, California

36 months ago

ems266 in Johnstown, Pennsylvania said: My name is Evan and I live in Pennsylvania, I also experienced a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in 2002. I am also in the final semester of earning a master's degree in Rehabilitation Counseling. I need to participate in a 600 hour internship to gain clinical experience to graduate (the internship must also contain a one hour weekly meeting with a CRC). Any ideas on agencies that would prefer my insight as a TBI survivor for either this internship or an employment opportunity? Also, I intend to sit for the CRC exam on March 12, 2011. Thanks for the info, colleagues.

Evan,
You can apply at the PA. Dept of Rehab near you for your internship opportunity, most likely.

I completely applaud your determination coping and succeeding with TBI! You are very needed in this field in my assessment!
Cynthia

SFSU Grad 2001 M.S. Rehab Counseling
CRC since 2003

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia in San Francisco, California

36 months ago

California is a different matter! Terrible! Ca. Dept. of Rehab is horrible; absolutely not interest in CRC's, UNLESS YOU ARE NOT PROGRESSIVE MINDED, NOT INTEGRATING PROGRESSIVE THERAPIES OR HEALTHY ALTERNATIVES from my professional experience dealing with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.