What do you enjoy most about your vocational rehabilitation counselor career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a vocational rehabilitation counselor? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Luz Carrasquillo in Bronx, New York

97 months ago

I enjoy when the person, client, participant,and/or consumer relizes that you know what they are talking about when they make statment like I can not work where it's to hot due to my condition or that type of enviornment is a trigger for me.
I also like to see when possible how a person blossoms when they obtain employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

97 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being a vocational rehabilitation counselor? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?
What keeps you at your job?
What I enjoy is when a person obtains a job and job retention services are provided, so that individual can keep working,like child care, assess a ride to keep medical appointments after work, or that extra transportation money appropiated for the first two months.
That agency's have to crunch numbers have to perform to keep afloat. Don't get me wrong I know that it is to wean out the Inappropriateness in the field, but at the same time the good agencies feel threaten.

Tony in Nellysford, Virginia

78 months ago

Assisting folks of discover opportunity and alternatives. Good stuff.

78 months ago

I like that we have the ability to really help a client prepare for employment via intrapersonal and intrepersonal skills. If they learn what they can do and learn about thier capbilities and skills it makes it easier for them to pursue an appropiate goal.

Ronda Freeman, VivIO Group in Canton, Michigan

32 months ago

I am in VR private practice; I appreciate that as diverse as my clients are, so is my ability to provide new services and create specific programs to meet their needs. Voc Rehab is not easy work, but when executed well, it can be rewarding.

While a considerable amount of focus is on job placement, there are other aspects of VR that if given greater attention would also address clients' needs; i.e., ADA consulting, forensic voc rehab and life assessment and planning services.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.