How to increase marketability for VRC's?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

dsjnix in Kennesaw, Georgia

60 months ago

I hold Masters in Rehab Counseling and CRC. I currently work live and work in Georgia for a nationally known company as a Vocational Case Manager. However, we have lost our primary contract which supplied 95% of my work, thus I have been cut to half time. In looking for jobs in Georgia as VRC there has been nothing for months! What training could I add to my current level that would enable me to be better marketable? I have considered getting AS as RN which would make me marketable as Medical Case Manager, but this training whill require two years of work. Is there anything shorter term that would anyone would recommend?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Carly in Georgetown, Texas

60 months ago

Have you thought about becoming an LPC? It requires 3000 hours of supervised time, but it is something you could work towards while working. It doesn't really help you RIGHT THIS MINUTE, but it will def. increase your marketability.

As for right now....maybe look into volunteering? Although it is no pay, it may provide you with some networking opportunities and it will also help fill up your Resume.

D.B. Prutting in Colorado Springs, Colorado

52 months ago

I don't know who you were working for, but have you tried the other big companies in your state in the private sector?

dsjnix in Kennesaw, Georgia

52 months ago

Yes, I have applied with the otehr large and small companies in the private sector. This economy appears to have impacted all fields.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.