What are typical vocational rehabilitation counselor salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Gemma Gapud in Hunters Hill, Australia

92 months ago

What is the average salary range for this type of role?

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lorraine (not my real name) in Saint Augustine, Florida

88 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

In public sector (vocational rehabilitation), it depends on what state you are in. Some places pay as much as 35,000 per year while others pay significantly less. If you want to make a lot of money and you have a lot of experience, the Veteran's Bureau pays more than anyone else but again it depends on the state. Private Sector rehabilitation varies as well. You start out as getting more than those in DVR public sector jobs usually but it depends on the setting. I don't know of any "skills" but it is helpful to be a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor. And if you are in the private sector and want to specialize in reemployment services, you have to be a Qualified Rehabilitation Provider.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lorraine (not my real name) in Saint Augustine, Florida

88 months ago

Gemma Gapud in Hunters Hill, Australia said: What is the average salary range for this type of role?

Thanks.

I have no idea what the average salary range is in Australia. I'm sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Nellysford, Virginia

78 months ago

Counselors is the public sector, typically start at about $35K a year (master's degree, internship). Those in the private sector, a little more, and those with a lot of private experience, and who are able to stomach the work, can earn six-figure salaries. But please know that private work, especially with or for insurance companies, is not what you think it is. The focus in the bottom line, not providing professional services. If you save an insurance company money, you do well as they reward you; if you provide true rehabilitation services, which may include training and other services that cost money, you may find yourself scrambling for a new job. It is a tough business, and that is what it is - a business. Cheers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.