I need suggestions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Jethot in Mckees Rocks, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

I am currently a Flight Attendant with a major airline. I commute to work wich means being at the city I'm based from a day before a trip and sometimes a day after it ends. Also the months I am on "reserve" (3times a year) I am expected to be at the airport in a 1 hour notice. Since I commute this means sharing an apartment with many other Flight Attendants those months about $200.00. I have had it!!! The stress of commuting ( will I get on a flight to make it to work or not ....stand by) .... having to be at base on days I'm off .... Ect. I am paid 32.32 an hour and max out at 52.00. BUT .... these are " flight hours" all this periferal time is unpaid. Layovers.... Inbetween flight. Even boarding is NOT Paid!!! FLIGHT HOURS ONLY are paid. Sp for example a 3 day trip is paid at about 15-18 hours. I'm gone 31/2 days. Do the math!!! ANYWAY.... I'm thinking about quiting and looking for work at a high end restaurant as a server. I know there are no benifits or retirement but I'm wondering just how much can be made. I live in Pittsburgh. Any ideas??? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lj in Ypsilanti, Michigan

41 months ago

I hope you didn't switch to serving. You'll make 700 a week tops but with no benefits that's not as good as it sounds

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.