Top warehouse supervisor skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every warehouse supervisor must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your warehouse supervisor expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

greg mitchell in Chester, Virginia

60 months ago

What are your top traits or skillsto excel as warehouse supervisor?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Issa in Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

59 months ago

-Training needed for warehouse supervisor?
-What are the most important traits or skills every warehouse supervisor should have?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

GM in Chester, Virginia

58 months ago

Always reply with your floor members, treat everyone with respect, be equal and fair never show favoritism. Foremost all lead you lead never let them lead you.. built a strong team by being involved with discussions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

iggy in Saint Paul, Minnesota

56 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every warehouse supervisor must have to excel?

People skills, timely decision making, multitasking...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hard Times0701 in Calgary, Alberta

44 months ago

A little comment for Just the Facts, I could not agree with you more. I spent 10 yrs at a company and worked my way from stocking shelves to Leadhand. I spent 5 of those yrs as the Leadhand. All my guys kept telling me I should be running the place. Having the guys do cross training was the best thing I ever did. Even though it was a union shop, the guys thanked me for being allowed a chance to receive knowledge they would not of been allowed to receive under a boss going by the CBA.
One thing I think you missed to make a great team is to give credit where credit is due. I had presented ideas to management that they approved and had me impliment. When they would come to the warehouse for the pat on the back in front of the whole group I would get funny looks from som e when I would tell them who to give the pat on the back to. the funny looks usually came from management and the guys in my team could not belive I let them have the credit. I find it's the little things like that make you a good leader and build a strong team.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lee in Perth, Australia

36 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every warehouse supervisor must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your warehouse supervisor expertise?

1.people skills,communication on all levels,multi tasking

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

chucki in Tustin, California

33 months ago

1.Inventory Records Accuracy at 98-100% to support ERP

2.Service beyond the Customer's expectations: on time delivery with excellent quality

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jcdesousa@rogers.com in Brampton, Ontario

12 months ago

Hard Times0701 in Calgary, Alberta said: A little comment for Just the Facts, I could not agree with you more. I spent 10 yrs at a company and worked my way from stocking shelves to Leadhand. I spent 5 of those yrs as the Leadhand. All my guys kept telling me I should be running the place. Having the guys do cross training was the best thing I ever did. Even though it was a union shop, the guys thanked me for being allowed a chance to receive knowledge they would not of been allowed to receive under a boss going by the CBA.
One thing I think you missed to make a great team is to give credit where credit is due. I had presented ideas to management that they approved and had me impliment. When they would come to the warehouse for the pat on the back in front of the whole group I would get funny looks from som e when I would tell them who to give the pat on the back to. the funny looks usually came from management and the guys in my team could not belive I let them have the credit. I find it's the little things like that make you a good leader and build a strong team.

Can't agree more, leading by example is powerful. I worked at a place where I was asked by my peers why I didn't run the department or apply for that Team Leader position. I used to tell them that company politics especially large ones are tough to deal with. You have to become their yes guy no matter what, and I would find myself exploiting the team the same way that I had experienced, and they would have looked at me and said what an AH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.