Do overseas jobs pay a lot?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 113)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

m1chae1 in El Paso, Texas

45 months ago

Old Timer in New Albany, Mississippi said: I ind it hard to believe any one would be paid this much to be a welder. Germany is full of highly skilled welders

a if so how can i get a job like that my email is myball4u2001@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

m1chae1 in El Paso, Texas

45 months ago

a i just finished tech and im trying to get a job overseas if anybody can give me a good site or number thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Karsidi Sumaryo in Surabaya, Indonesia

44 months ago

Karsidi Sumaryo in Surabaya, Indonesia said: need welding job

auto weld machine operator for special tank builder

Karsidi Sumaryo in Surabaya, Indonesia

44 months ago

yes

rod burner in Greenock, United Kingdom

43 months ago

hi where are you from then ,

1badss

43 months ago

The best welding training u can get is at zachry industrial and fluor corp. They are both free but with the economy they won't have any more classes till next year. I went to zachry and it was great but still no job. Or you can just go to houston community collge or san jacinto college in pasadena. Its not about what you kno its about who you know trust me.

smith in Brooklet, Georgia

43 months ago

Vince in Johnson City, Tennessee said: This may be a stupid question, but I know a guy who got paid $250,000 for 6 months of welding work in Germany. He got the job from a guy who was getting paid $3 million for 6 years of work in Africa. I'm just wondering - is this typical of overseas welding jobs? If anyone knows of someone who has done this sort of gig, how did they get it and what skills were needed?

i doubt very much he made that much; however, they do pay a lot because of the danger....100,000 would be realistic for a year contract with no tax if a war zone and paid vacations..............i hope this helps

jj0000 in Bullard, Texas

42 months ago

this is not true welders should get paid more than that $15 an hr is not good enough for a Mexican welder

Muhammad Jameel in Tripoli, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

42 months ago

Holly Shores in Wylie, Texas said: We are very interested in moving overseas for welding work. Does anyone know how or whom to contact?

To,
The manager,

Subject: Request for Welder post,

Respected sir,
After highly regards I am interested in applying in your esteemed organization for the above post.

I am young, energetic and willing to work in your organization. I have an extra potential for the attainment of the knowledge as much as I may be allowed. I have great hands on working experience about Tig, Stick and Hot dip welding to working with different multinational companies. My 11 year experience showing in CV expresses my working experience and knowledge about different kind of welding techniques.

My experience especially in the field of oil and gas construction industry for pipe lines very helpful for your organization, I understand the completion of work at time and willing to work with extra potential

It is requested that your honor may be pleased to consider my application favorably and give chance to serve in your dynamic organization. I assure you that I will perform my duties to prove my self worthy and capable for the same

Thanking you in anticipation.

Yours truly,

Muhammad Jameel.

sbfwelder

42 months ago

Yes- try Zachry Construction in US.

kory Kyei in Mcgregor, Texas

41 months ago

hi im kory i have been looking for a job who hiring underwater welding i just cant find a lob. If anyone knows let me know

steve in Maple Ridge, British Columbia

40 months ago

trying in Darlington, South Carolina said: There is a company called KGB that hires qualified welders, fitters, etc to go overseas to places like Iraq. A couple of my buddies are preparing to go now. It's not an easy process but well worth it (but not with the stupid large amount of money that you suggest).

you're thinking of the company KBR not KGB dude

spaquette1 in Grande Prairie, Alberta

40 months ago

swamp in Derby, United Kingdom said: hi all i am 36yrs old and been a welder since i was 16 mig,mma and tig i have been doing pipe welding on power staitions at the mo but i am very intrested in working overseas europe or canada etc could anybody help me? many thanks

yes come to canada.

? in Amherst, Ohio

40 months ago

Gentelmen in your opinion which pipeline company has the toughest distructive weld test in the U.S.

? in Amherst, Ohio

40 months ago

TONE in Houston, Texas said: IM TRY 2 GET CERTIFIED AS A WELDER,,,LOOKING FOR THE BEST WELDING SCHOOL IN HOUSTON TX ANY SUGGESTIONS,,,

Try John Klein Welding in Houston, He's well up in his upper 60's. He's one of the top 4 or 5 welders on the N.& S. American continent. Back in the L8 60's there was a union strike at East Ohio Gas, now Dominion. They Drove out to his house,and hired him on the spot,to repair all the stuff they broke during the strike I will not give my name but he'll know exactly who referred you. Iv'e known his since then. I hope this helps you!!!

lilwolves in Memphis, Tennessee

39 months ago

CANADA said: The work starts in march, up in the oil sands an around alberta.
It's true you have to go through the visa process with immagration, back ground check. On the other hand canadians just drive across the boarder into the U.S. and go to work thanks to the politicians , it's a one way policey. They need 400 pipe welders and 600 mechanics. in alberta.

what company and who do i contact for these welding jobs in canada? are they on the pipeline? would you happen to know what kind of pay range they offer?....thanks

lilwolves in Memphis, Tennessee

39 months ago

spaquette1 in Grande Prairie, Alberta said: yes come to canada.

where in canada and who do i contact? any other specifics would be appreciated if you know any.... thanks :)

miketg23 in Toronto, Ontario

39 months ago

lilwolves in Memphis, Tennessee said: where in canada and who do i contact? any other specifics would be appreciated if you know any.... thanks :)

The work currently is not that busy where non sponsored foreign workers would have an easy time getting here. Coming into spring and summer there should be lots of work in Alberta and Saskatchewan, and whether you're union or not will dictate which companies you would be working for.

lilwolves

39 months ago

Thanks greatly! Can u offer any info on whether in canada that
It benefits more being union or non-union for those jobs?

lilwolves

39 months ago

Thanks greatly! Can u offer any info on whether in canada that

miketg23 in Toronto, Ontario

39 months ago

lilwolves said: Thanks greatly! Can u offer any info on whether in canada that

That's a long debate, and being union, of course I would be biased. There are benefits to both sides and there are many non union workers that choose to never join the union so they must have their reasons. In the western provinces the union's rate and pension are a little bit higher but not greatly so, and seems like the non union sites offer better deals in the way of incentives such as flights, accommodations, and hours of work, so it just depends on what you're looking for.

lilwolves

39 months ago

Thanks greatly again! I hav welded for Black and Decker for 16
Yrs and plant closing down so I'm currently in CW program and
Finish in Aug. Exploring ideas and really want to do high
Pressure vessel work with travel and highest pay options. Not
Really knowing the ropes and pertinent contacts, I'm reaching
Out in advance to get my ducks in a row and find trusting,
Reputable assistance to give me direction.
Grateful!

Sharon Perry in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

39 months ago

mikeyrajun1 in Beaumont, Texas said: It is KBR (Kellog Brown & Root) I am a welder here in Beaumont getting my degree and know of them hiring out over-seas. They do alot of government contracting.

Just Google the name Kellog Brown & Root. There is info all over the Internet about them.

william dixon in Apopka, Florida

38 months ago

iam looking for work ovesea as a pipe welder or any welding jobs open

Sharon Perry in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

38 months ago

Ray in Tampere, Finland said: I've met many people over the years who say they made a whole lot of money on some jobs but then are working with me on regular/normal wages, so i guess we all sometimes make a lot more than today??!! Also, i did a lot of plumbing back in America and loved every moment of it, have a Merry Christmas America!

Good to see a "nice" comment. Although this thread is old, thank you for the "Merry Christmas" post.

Donnie Adams in North Little Rock, Arkansas

38 months ago

I won't the chanse to weld oversea. how or what kind of form do i fill out. I need to no the contact information.

bob in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

38 months ago

rigwelder1 in Plaquemine, Louisiana said: wtf.try hooked on phonics dude.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!

Bryant Edwards in Kirbyville, Missouri

37 months ago

Vince in Johnson City, Tennessee said: This may be a stupid question, but I know a guy who got paid $250,000 for 6 months of welding work in Germany. He got the job from a guy who was getting paid $3 million for 6 years of work in Africa. I'm just wondering - is this typical of overseas welding jobs? If anyone knows of someone who has done this sort of gig, how did they get it and what skills were needed?

If you have the guy info I would like to talk to him email: bmartril@gmail.com are

sammy g in Attleboro, Massachusetts

36 months ago

Holly Shores in Wylie, Texas said: We are very interested in moving overseas for welding work. Does anyone know how or whom to contact?

yes jan de nul in belgium is looking for welders on boat and off boat and so is DEME

websites
www.jandenul.com use google translator for the jobs page dutch to english
www.deme.com use google translator for this site also

welder in Lake Charles, Louisiana

35 months ago

Vince in Johnson City, Tennessee said: This may be a stupid question, but I know a guy who got paid $250,000 for 6 months of welding work in Germany. He got the job from a guy who was getting paid $3 million for 6 years of work in Africa. I'm just wondering - is this typical of overseas welding jobs? If anyone knows of someone who has done this sort of gig, how did they get it and what skills were needed?[/QUOTE if a welder gets paid 65.00 an hour with his rig.he then works 7 12 hour day for a year = 283,920 not much for all the hard work, when a basketball player dwarfs this lol welder searching for teacher of basketball

Ray in Järvenpää, Finland

34 months ago

Sharon Perry in Port Saint Lucie, Florida said: Good to see a "nice" comment. Although this thread is old, thank you for the "Merry Christmas" post.

You're welcome Sharon! Lucky you to live in Florida, i once lived in Clearwater and i know how it feels, friendly folks....nice weather etc! I always had a lot of work in America thanks to you all and i hope you all got jobs too!

tarquineous in San Diego, California

34 months ago

Three pages of blogs, and I see nothing encouraging.

ALeXNo1 in Stip, Macedonia

34 months ago

I am ambitious young man 24 years from Macedonia willing to work in the European steel companies certainly will not be not satisfied of my work

Looking for a job as a welder and fitter for steel in Europa..
I WORKED MIG -MAG, and ARC WELDING.zavarivanje.
I worked in Macedonia's largest locksmith company as a fitter and welder for 3 years
With a passed test for electric welding

My contacts are:
E-mail: ALeX-No1@live.com
Mobile Phone: +389 78 241 677

Best Regards:
Apostolovski Aleksandar

hammond100 in Redcar, United Kingdom

33 months ago

I have heard today that the business mentioned in the comments about Don Tyler and Jim Dover has relocated from Bridlington to Hartlepool.

Do not have anything to do with them.

Dave

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No Reply - Report abuse

Garfield in Langley, British Columbia

33 months ago

Hey friends,

I'll throw in my ten cents as I'm a fellow expat - check here for industrial job leads; [url=www.expathiring.com]Expat Hiring; Expat Job; Multilingual Job [/url].

Good luck!

Gaz.

33 months ago

hammond100 in Redcar, United Kingdom said: What Don Tyler in Vernal has not told you about is the sheer number of suicides that he has on his conscience. This is because of his attitude towards everyone he knows and meets. He ran a business doing steel decking with Jim Dover, and several of their employees committed suicide. This business was based on Skippers Lane in Middlesbrough.

I have just discovered that the name of the company Don Tyler was running with Jim Dover was called Deck 'n' Steel Site Services Limited which was run from the Evans Business Centre on Skippers Lane, Middlesbrough.

They disappeared owing many hundreds of thousands of pounds to many cliants, and the business was part of the Carnaby Structures Limited business based in Bridlington. They had several other companies such as a company supplying building supplies and materials. This was called Equipt.

Don Tyler's has many suicides on his consience and his wife Jan Tyler presently works for DTW in Guisborough. Jim Dover drove his own wife to suicide.

I run a charity organisation which is presently based in the building where they occupied, and we are having to deal with all their former clients who constantly visit looking for their money.

I have had a visit from someone this morning who is owed £98,000 by them, and would be interested if anyone knows their whereabouts.

If you come across them, do not have any business dealings with them.

The business is now being run by Roger Phillips.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josephj

33 months ago

am looking for a welding job ,overseas am a welded go twenty five years and I need to make some real money

derekw in Calgary, Alberta

32 months ago

Overseas?,if your American look for a company that works in Canada to.More oil here than Saudi America.7k a month at a city job, Americans in the same company,same job, make 50% less,higher wages in the north and on camp jobs.
Note to U.S boarder guard jerks (Home land security);Canadians are not looking for under the table work in the U.S and are generally not a security risk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cataldo86 in Manchester, United Kingdom

32 months ago

hi guys im italian and im looking for the best place to work as a waiter.. who knows where is that i can get the best waiter job in terms of money and lifestyle?.. thanks for any answer

BACKGROUND CHECK in Reno, Nevada

30 months ago

derekw in Calgary, Alberta said: Overseas?,if your American look for a company that works in Canada to.More oil here than Saudi America.7k a month at a city job, Americans in the same company,same job, make 50% less,higher wages in the north and on camp jobs.
Note to U.S boarder guard jerks (Home land security);Canadians are not looking for under the table work in the U.S and are generally not a security risk

If your a U.S. citizen looking for work in canada, you have to go through a complete back ground check, finger printing etc.
If you have had a DWI chances are very thin you will be aloud to work in canada. All so, all canadians must be working in that field.
On the other hand all a canadian has too do is drive across the boarder go to a union hall or contractor no questions asked. THANK YOUR POLITICIANS FOR MAKING IT A ONE WAY STREET. The unions lobbied for this during busy (outage ) season.

derekw in Calgary, Alberta

30 months ago

Canada's the place to your north,and no we cant cross over and work.Remember that we are children of a common mother(sign at peace arch border),our political representatives,like yours do not work for or represent the people.It would be nice to have workers that speak English.Here it goes:if your white and speak English you can not cross from The U.S to Canada to work,or from Canada to the U.S to work or(soon)to visit or shop.

BACKGROUND CHECK in Reno, Nevada

30 months ago

derekw in Calgary, Alberta said: Canada's the place to your north,and no we cant cross over and work.Remember that we are children of a common mother(sign at peace arch border),our political representatives,like yours do not work for or represent the people.It would be nice to have workers that speak English.Here it goes:if your white and speak English you can not cross from The U.S to Canada to work,or from Canada to the U.S to work or(soon)to visit or shop.

I have worked with alot of canadians threw out the north east and mid west, during the outage season and they didn't have too go through any back ground check. At the boarder they said they were visiting.
Couple years back the oil sands in alberta had a man power shortage, so i covered all the bases to help out my friends to the north,but what i had too go through on my own wasn't worth the trouble so i stayed home. I respected the laws that were in place. Not like the southern boarder in the U.S. these people will break all AMERICAN LAWS AT ANY COST, AND NOT RETURN HOME AS I WOULD HAVE AND THE CANADIANS DID THAT I WORKED WITH.
Try and stay warm in alberta i know the winters can be brutal

30 months ago

hammond100 in Redcar, United Kingdom said:

[What Don Tyler in Vernal has not told you about is the sheer number of suicides that he has on his conscience. This is because of his attitude towards everyone he knows and meets. He ran a business doing steel decking with Jim Dover, and several of their employees committed suicide. This business was based on Skippers Lane in Middlesbrough.

[I have just discovered that the name of the company Don Tyler was running with Jim Dover was called Deck 'n' Steel Site Services Limited which was run from the Evans Business Centre on Skippers Lane, Middlesbrough.]

One of these jumped from the roof structure of Wembley Stadium during the construction phase.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

certifiedgkd in Tampa, Florida

29 months ago

rigtruck2000 in Fairfield, California said: why doesnt the " UNION " find you a job ????????????

i work union they got me working as a welder mig & flux core

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

not required in West Wendover, Nevada

29 months ago

certifiedgkd in Tampa, Florida said: i work union they got me working as a welder mig & flux core

Unions are not required to find you work.
They train and represent there members.
Contractors call the union hall and then the dispatcher contacts it's members for dispatch.
If you would like too know what your international rep. makes go to unionfacts.com

28 months ago

hammond100 in Nottingham, United Kingdom said: I have heard today that the business mentioned in the comments about Don Tyler and Jim Dover has relocated from Bridlington to Hartlepool.

Do not have anything to do with them.

Dave

He may have relocated to Tampa in Florida.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

xty in Turin, Italy

27 months ago

scotty in Schleswig, Germany said: This may be a stupid question, but I know a guy who got paid $250,000 for 6 months of welding work in Germany. He got the job from a guy who was getting paid $3 million for 6 years of work in Africa. I'm just wondering - is this typical of overseas welding jobs? If anyone knows of someone who has done this sort of gig, how did they get it and what skills were needed?

utter bull, I work as a welder in Germany and get 15 euro an hour

but this is the same welding work my husband is doing in Italy and he is receiving 7£ per hour.

boiler rat in Honolulu, Hawaii

27 months ago

kella in League City, Texas said: my husbands brother left offshore to africa for 2 months only and made 20 thousand dollars.. of coarse tax was deducted but i belive welders can make that much in a lil period of time expecially if you have the skills to do so... he was only welding with stick stuctural welding which really isnt that hard of a job.

I work in boilers for Covanta Energy Field Services and I make about 2500 a week after taxes each week from January to June but I work 84s the whole time. that amounts to 20,000 in two months also but I never leave the US.

24 months ago

Jim Dover drove his own wife Dot to suicide. This was through pure mental torture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kanefiler in Melbourne, Australia

23 months ago

hi my name is kane filer im a boilermaker welder fabricator
iv been welding for about 9 or 10 years now and would like to get more skilled in welding
as i am a traes man iv been looking for a job in vietnam iv been over there 3 times now
and im looking to move over there but i would like to have a job there be for i do
so if you could help me can you email on jabbar197@hotmail.co.uk thank you very much
hope to her from you soon

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.