Do overseas jobs pay a lot?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 85 of 85)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Ray in Järvenpää, Finland

61 months ago

Sharon Perry in Port Saint Lucie, Florida said: Good to see a "nice" comment. Although this thread is old, thank you for the "Merry Christmas" post.

You're welcome Sharon! Lucky you to live in Florida, i once lived in Clearwater and i know how it feels, friendly folks....nice weather etc! I always had a lot of work in America thanks to you all and i hope you all got jobs too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tarquineous in San Diego, California

61 months ago

Three pages of blogs, and I see nothing encouraging.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ALeXNo1 in Stip, Macedonia

60 months ago

I am ambitious young man 24 years from Macedonia willing to work in the European steel companies certainly will not be not satisfied of my work

Looking for a job as a welder and fitter for steel in Europa..
I WORKED MIG -MAG, and ARC WELDING.zavarivanje.
I worked in Macedonia's largest locksmith company as a fitter and welder for 3 years
With a passed test for electric welding

My contacts are:
E-mail: ALeX-No1@live.com
Mobile Phone: +389 78 241 677

Best Regards:
Apostolovski Aleksandar

hammond100 in Redcar, United Kingdom

60 months ago

I have heard today that the business mentioned in the comments about Don Tyler and Jim Dover has relocated from Bridlington to Hartlepool.

Do not have anything to do with them.

Dave

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No Reply - Report abuse

Garfield in Langley, British Columbia

60 months ago

Hey friends,

I'll throw in my ten cents as I'm a fellow expat - check here for industrial job leads; [url=www.expathiring.com]Expat Hiring; Expat Job; Multilingual Job [/url].

Good luck!

Gaz.

59 months ago

hammond100 in Redcar, United Kingdom said: What Don Tyler in Vernal has not told you about is the sheer number of suicides that he has on his conscience. This is because of his attitude towards everyone he knows and meets. He ran a business doing steel decking with Jim Dover, and several of their employees committed suicide. This business was based on Skippers Lane in Middlesbrough.

I have just discovered that the name of the company Don Tyler was running with Jim Dover was called Deck 'n' Steel Site Services Limited which was run from the Evans Business Centre on Skippers Lane, Middlesbrough.

They disappeared owing many hundreds of thousands of pounds to many cliants, and the business was part of the Carnaby Structures Limited business based in Bridlington. They had several other companies such as a company supplying building supplies and materials. This was called Equipt.

Don Tyler's has many suicides on his consience and his wife Jan Tyler presently works for DTW in Guisborough. Jim Dover drove his own wife to suicide.

I run a charity organisation which is presently based in the building where they occupied, and we are having to deal with all their former clients who constantly visit looking for their money.

I have had a visit from someone this morning who is owed £98,000 by them, and would be interested if anyone knows their whereabouts.

If you come across them, do not have any business dealings with them.

The business is now being run by Roger Phillips.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josephj

59 months ago

am looking for a welding job ,overseas am a welded go twenty five years and I need to make some real money

derekw in Calgary, Alberta

59 months ago

Overseas?,if your American look for a company that works in Canada to.More oil here than Saudi America.7k a month at a city job, Americans in the same company,same job, make 50% less,higher wages in the north and on camp jobs.
Note to U.S boarder guard jerks (Home land security);Canadians are not looking for under the table work in the U.S and are generally not a security risk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cataldo86 in Manchester, United Kingdom

59 months ago

hi guys im italian and im looking for the best place to work as a waiter.. who knows where is that i can get the best waiter job in terms of money and lifestyle?.. thanks for any answer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BACKGROUND CHECK in Reno, Nevada

57 months ago

derekw in Calgary, Alberta said: Overseas?,if your American look for a company that works in Canada to.More oil here than Saudi America.7k a month at a city job, Americans in the same company,same job, make 50% less,higher wages in the north and on camp jobs.
Note to U.S boarder guard jerks (Home land security);Canadians are not looking for under the table work in the U.S and are generally not a security risk

If your a U.S. citizen looking for work in canada, you have to go through a complete back ground check, finger printing etc.
If you have had a DWI chances are very thin you will be aloud to work in canada. All so, all canadians must be working in that field.
On the other hand all a canadian has too do is drive across the boarder go to a union hall or contractor no questions asked. THANK YOUR POLITICIANS FOR MAKING IT A ONE WAY STREET. The unions lobbied for this during busy (outage ) season.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

derekw in Calgary, Alberta

57 months ago

Canada's the place to your north,and no we cant cross over and work.Remember that we are children of a common mother(sign at peace arch border),our political representatives,like yours do not work for or represent the people.It would be nice to have workers that speak English.Here it goes:if your white and speak English you can not cross from The U.S to Canada to work,or from Canada to the U.S to work or(soon)to visit or shop.

BACKGROUND CHECK in Reno, Nevada

57 months ago

derekw in Calgary, Alberta said: Canada's the place to your north,and no we cant cross over and work.Remember that we are children of a common mother(sign at peace arch border),our political representatives,like yours do not work for or represent the people.It would be nice to have workers that speak English.Here it goes:if your white and speak English you can not cross from The U.S to Canada to work,or from Canada to the U.S to work or(soon)to visit or shop.

I have worked with alot of canadians threw out the north east and mid west, during the outage season and they didn't have too go through any back ground check. At the boarder they said they were visiting.
Couple years back the oil sands in alberta had a man power shortage, so i covered all the bases to help out my friends to the north,but what i had too go through on my own wasn't worth the trouble so i stayed home. I respected the laws that were in place. Not like the southern boarder in the U.S. these people will break all AMERICAN LAWS AT ANY COST, AND NOT RETURN HOME AS I WOULD HAVE AND THE CANADIANS DID THAT I WORKED WITH.
Try and stay warm in alberta i know the winters can be brutal

56 months ago

hammond100 in Redcar, United Kingdom said:

[What Don Tyler in Vernal has not told you about is the sheer number of suicides that he has on his conscience. This is because of his attitude towards everyone he knows and meets. He ran a business doing steel decking with Jim Dover, and several of their employees committed suicide. This business was based on Skippers Lane in Middlesbrough.

[I have just discovered that the name of the company Don Tyler was running with Jim Dover was called Deck 'n' Steel Site Services Limited which was run from the Evans Business Centre on Skippers Lane, Middlesbrough.]

One of these jumped from the roof structure of Wembley Stadium during the construction phase.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

certifiedgkd in Tampa, Florida

55 months ago

rigtruck2000 in Fairfield, California said: why doesnt the " UNION " find you a job ????????????

i work union they got me working as a welder mig & flux core

not required in West Wendover, Nevada

55 months ago

certifiedgkd in Tampa, Florida said: i work union they got me working as a welder mig & flux core

Unions are not required to find you work.
They train and represent there members.
Contractors call the union hall and then the dispatcher contacts it's members for dispatch.
If you would like too know what your international rep. makes go to unionfacts.com

55 months ago

hammond100 in Nottingham, United Kingdom said: I have heard today that the business mentioned in the comments about Don Tyler and Jim Dover has relocated from Bridlington to Hartlepool.

Do not have anything to do with them.

Dave

He may have relocated to Tampa in Florida.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

xty in Turin, Italy

54 months ago

scotty in Schleswig, Germany said: This may be a stupid question, but I know a guy who got paid $250,000 for 6 months of welding work in Germany. He got the job from a guy who was getting paid $3 million for 6 years of work in Africa. I'm just wondering - is this typical of overseas welding jobs? If anyone knows of someone who has done this sort of gig, how did they get it and what skills were needed?

utter bull, I work as a welder in Germany and get 15 euro an hour

but this is the same welding work my husband is doing in Italy and he is receiving 7£ per hour.

boiler rat in Honolulu, Hawaii

54 months ago

kella in League City, Texas said: my husbands brother left offshore to africa for 2 months only and made 20 thousand dollars.. of coarse tax was deducted but i belive welders can make that much in a lil period of time expecially if you have the skills to do so... he was only welding with stick stuctural welding which really isnt that hard of a job.

I work in boilers for Covanta Energy Field Services and I make about 2500 a week after taxes each week from January to June but I work 84s the whole time. that amounts to 20,000 in two months also but I never leave the US.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kanefiler in Melbourne, Australia

50 months ago

hi my name is kane filer im a boilermaker welder fabricator
iv been welding for about 9 or 10 years now and would like to get more skilled in welding
as i am a traes man iv been looking for a job in vietnam iv been over there 3 times now
and im looking to move over there but i would like to have a job there be for i do
so if you could help me can you email on jabbar197@hotmail.co.uk thank you very much
hope to her from you soon

Displaced Welder in Calgary, Alberta

47 months ago

Yal are all a bunch of dumb asses in Laurel, Mississippi said: kellogg brown an root (kbr) did not get bought out they are still the same company an still called kbr my brother works for them as for yall "welders" who obviously dont know a dam thing im 22 years old an two weeks ago I got back from a 3 month hitch to south africa $1,850 a day $2,450 I was on a lay barge tig/ flux 12 inch 1000 wall

There are people who are born billionaires and make over million a day and never have to weld or work.There are engineers and doctors that are no doubt smarter then you that make less then $50 a day.Large company's that get bought out by "to big to fall corporations" often keep their name.

We are working trades people,and as such most of us have respect for those that work hard for low pay,be it a welder, janitor or a garbage man.If you earn decent pay,good on you,but get over yourself.

jtland in Pagosa Springs, Colorado

41 months ago

Holly Shores in Wylie, Texas said: We are very interested in moving overseas for welding work. Does anyone know how or whom to contact?

i have a line on a job in afghnistan 130k annually, email me if your interested

larrylawson35 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

41 months ago

JT Land in Pagosa Springs, Colorado said: i have a line on a job in afghnistan 130k annually, email me if your interested

Anyway I could get more details? very interested.

m1chae1 in El Paso, Texas

41 months ago

Hey my name is Michael and my email myball4u2001@yahoo.com and I am very interested in your AD

m1chae1 in El Paso, Texas

41 months ago

JT Land in Pagosa Springs, Colorado said: i have a line on a job in afghnistan 130k annually, email me if your interested

Email me at myball4u2001@yahoo.com my name is Michael

jtland in Pagosa Springs, Colorado

41 months ago

larrylawson35 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Anyway I could get more details? very interested.

larry, contact me via email @ guide.jt@gmail i will send you the info

j.b.woods163@*****.*** in Easley, South Carolina

41 months ago

jackie in Chatham, New Jersey said: someone bought kbr its no longer called that

Hmm, that's real funny because I just got off a job they are doing as we speak a few weeks ago, which they are still at finishing up. Let me know if you need proof and I'll provide

perry 23 in Montgomery, Alabama

36 months ago

let me know were this jobs located

36 months ago

i never meet any 1

36 months ago

yes i would like to know

larrylawson35 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

35 months ago

dgjordanjr@yahoo in Houston, Texas said: working offshore I have met a lot of people who have done overseas work and I am currently in the process of getting my Security Clearance to do hust that. Yes, you can make a killing going offshore and even more overseaes.

where overseas?

vishal in Durban, South Africa

28 months ago

Iam south Africa qualified red seal boilermarker looking 2 work in overseas if ne1 cud help

samkelo in Pretoria, South Africa

23 months ago

Guys please help me to find a job overseas please I am a Qualified Welder. If you willing to help me you can comment!

mirasolbeniga in clark, Philippines

21 months ago

Hi, i am entry level welder. I studied SMAW and GTAW.Anyone who knows where i can get a job? Or give on the job training? It's really hard to find a job as a female welder huh but i still wanna do it. Here is my email add mirasolden@gmail.com

Please let know if you kmow some companies who hires directly or give training first before they hire you.
Thank you very much

brandon in Houston, Texas

19 months ago

Iam interested in any jobs welding. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Micah marcella in Lake Charles, Louisiana

16 months ago

C.W. Malc in Avon, Indiana said: I a welder member of the Local 798 Pipeliners Union and last year with rig pay, per diem, and my hourly pay I earnes over 200k! We make $49 an hr on our arm, $15 an hr on our rig, and $102.50 a day per diem. I only worked 9 months, but we work no less than 60hrs/wk. On one job we were working close to 110 hrs/wk! Why go to some place that sucks when you can stay in the good ole USA and make good $$$$! Get a rig setup, contact the Local 798, and fill out an app! GO UNION! Buy American, and Stay Proud!

Hello my name is Micah Marcella I have been a welder for many years. I am not like most guys on this blog . I have welded all over the US and have even been sent over seas with specialty companies like weld tech . I seen your post and I have been wanting to join the pipeliners for some time I have a diesel 4x4 that I building a bed for a Lincoln 250 d 150 ft of lead I've welded for the boilermaker for nine years and pipefitters local 155 for 3 years. I have welded pipe tube plate carbon stainless inconell chrome p5 aluminum exc all processes for many years I would like to join the pipe liners next year when my truck is ready and I finish giving this year to God as I owe him great thanks for my life and where he has lead me today.
Than you for your post it was very basic but gave me the info I need to join next year. Sincerely Micah marcella

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.