Does it worth it to move to Alberta for a welding job? Considering the rent is so expensive there?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 469)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

ManKun in Montreal, Quebec

90 months ago

I am a welder with 2 years exp. I am considering taking a High Pressure welding course so I can get a good job in Alberta, but THEN my friend advice me that the rent and expense are very high over there. Hence I have a question, does it worth the move? Cause I expect to make a lot of money working in Alberta. If the rent would already take out a big chunk of my income, then it won't worth all the trouble going there...

Can anyone tell me the reality of working in Albreta?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (129) / No (56) Reply - Report abuse

brad in Edmonton, Alberta

81 months ago

ticketed journey man with 4 years of school and "B" pressure tickets make around 35 dollars per hour dental and medical plan 80% coverage.companys run from 10 hour days to 14 hour days 5-7 days a week.every 2 weeks about three thousand take home. rent for 1 bedroom apt.is approx.1000 dollars a month just saw this posting now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Dennis in Toronto, Ontario

79 months ago

ManKun in Montreal, Quebec said: I am a welder with 2 years exp. I am considering taking a High Pressure welding course so I can get a good job in Alberta, but THEN my friend advice me that the rent and expense are very high over there. Hence I have a question, does it worth the move? Cause I expect to make a lot of money working in Alberta. If the rent would already take out a big chunk of my income, then it won't worth all the trouble going there...

Can anyone tell me the reality of working in Albreta?

Don't fool yourself...just go.The pay is nearly double what you'll get say... in Ontario.Check the rents online in Edmonton and you will be surprised.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Steve Cliche in Guelph, Ontario

77 months ago

Hello There,

im a local 46 steamfitter in Toronto ontario, i am working for my family company Welding pipeline for Enbridge Gas building trades and many other applications.Im a 3rd Generation family member in this company and i have been around it since little, i enjoy welding very much and im the only one left to experience the "Real" pipeline in Alberta, my dad talks about it, my uncle and cousin and grandfather talk about it, i would like to carry on the tradition, if anyone knows about a well paying job out there, please email me, it would have to be worth my while to uproot from my family company and it would have to be a min of six months and garented solid hours, my goal is to fill my pockets with lots of money just like everyone els! anyone reading this or welding companies please contact me thanks very much,

Steve Cliche

stevencliche@hotmail.com

card carring local 46 steamfitter/certified pipe welder

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

dusty potoski in Nanaimo, British Columbia

76 months ago

ManKun in Montreal, Quebec said: I am a welder with 2 years exp. I am considering taking a High Pressure welding course so I can get a good job in Alberta, but THEN my friend advice me that the rent and expense are very high over there. Hence I have a question, does it worth the move? Cause I expect to make a lot of money working in Alberta. If the rent would already take out a big chunk of my income, then it won't worth all the trouble going there...

Can anyone tell me the reality of working in Albreta?

want the truth ive got it .worth it, u decide.if you are the cream of the crop the boilermakers 146 want u.journeyman welders can make $3300 per week,TAKE HOME.i think you can pay rent with that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Student in Montreal, Quebec

76 months ago

Worth it. I'm going back to school in my thirties to be a welder just to move there. My friend is there and told me that welders on the pipeline start at around 35 an hour plus overtime.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Driver in Gander Bay, Newfoundland

76 months ago

This question's for anyone... planning on doing welding in september but not sure if that would be the best idea or not the best idea.Want to make lot's of cash but heard that i could get on a camp/company and they would train me right on their site. is this true and whats my best bet.and who make's more welder's or electials. and how much does first years make for both welding and electials

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

fric in Calgary, Alberta

76 months ago

Boom in Alberta is over ,come in ten years! Saskatchewan is hot now for welders!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

koki in Calgary, Alberta

76 months ago

I know at S.A.I.T in Calgary you can take B-pressure welding classes which cost $1200 and take a month to complete.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Need Answers in Brampton, Ontario

75 months ago

I have lived in Toronto for 11 years and Bramton 5 years. I am quit fed up with Ontario. I am just about to graduate from York University and I have been searching for a job in my field for about one year not. I am moving to Edmonton because I heard that there are alot of jobs in the Social Service sector. Is this true. io also heard that if you apply to be a resident of Alberta that you get a start-up check. Is this also true?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

jaime in Airdrie, Alberta

75 months ago

all you fellas that think being a pressure welder in alberta is an easy way to make alot of money, you need to wake up number one you have to have tickets that cover every type of process and material type and pass xray on a daily basis. Your better off staying home and getting a job collecting garbage youll make the same money ang youll get more respect thiers too many of us out here already. B pressure red seal welder

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

james in Edmonton, Alberta

75 months ago

Dennis in Mississauga, Ontario said: I heard that Sask.is booming now,give it a few years and the same thing will happen there.Wish I was a sanitary engineer.

I totally agree with Jaime from Airdrie I have lived in this province 44 yrs. welding for 20 of them dont need any more welders have enough overseas workers that cant pass a shot plus its very slow right now TOUGH LIVING for anyone with pipe dreams right now!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

K. Snow in Calgary, Alberta

75 months ago

It is not all that it is cracked up to be out here for welders if you don't know someone then you are out in the cold this city is not paved with gold if you have someone going where stay there. I was born and raised here in Calgary and we are looking to get out the crime rate is getting really out of control and welders are a dime a dozen, the industry is really slow right now and it is hard finding a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jaime in Kitchener, Ontario

75 months ago

Driver in Gander Bay, Newfoundland said: This question's for anyone... planning on doing welding in september but not sure if that would be the best idea or not the best idea.Want to make lot's of cash but heard that i could get on a camp/company and they would train me right on their site. is this true and whats my best bet.and who make's more welder's or electials. and how much does first years make for both welding and electials

train you well have you ever been misinformed you need a stack of tickets and years of experience just to get your resume looked at if you want to make good money. some will take on apprentices $17.00 per hour to start but it name hire out here. welders and electricians make around the same amount of money however you need to pass x-ray on a daily basis for welding 3 strikes and you are out .once you have all your tickets you should make $35.00 per hour. hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

welders wife in Kitchener, Ontario

75 months ago

Steve Cliche in Guelph, Ontario said: Hello There,

im a local 46 steamfitter in Toronto ontario, i am working for my family company Welding pipeline for Enbridge Gas building trades and many other applications.Im a 3rd Generation family member in this company and i have been around it since little, i enjoy welding very much and im the only one left to experience the "Real" pipeline in Alberta, my dad talks about it, my uncle and cousin and grandfather talk about it, i would like to carry on the tradition, if anyone knows about a well paying job out there, please email me, it would have to be worth my while to uproot from my family company and it would have to be a min of six months and garented solid hours, my goal is to fill my pockets with lots of money just like everyone els! anyone reading this or welding companies please contact me thanks very much,

Steve Cliche

stevencliche@hotmail.com

card carring local 46 steamfitter/certified pipe welder

if you want to do pipeline why would you move your family . they would be miles away from any pipeline job. my advice go yourself and leave your family here. I have made the alberta trip three times and my husband was away from us working. so now I am back in ontario where it is cheaper and my husband is home once a month for eight days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Calgary, Alberta

75 months ago

Sherazi in Markham, Ontario said: Hello guys,I m working as a Pressure Vessel welder,Tig mig and Arc 10 years in toronto,now i m thinking to mov in Alberta,but i here,in Alberta not except TSSA Pressure Ticket,anybody can help me how i can get good welder job in Alberta,thanks

We are looking for fabricators. Jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sherazi in Markham, Ontario

75 months ago

Jim in Calgary, Alberta said: We are looking for fabricators. Jim

Hello Jim
Jim thanks for reply back,my e mail is sherazin@hotmail.com or you can give me your e mail or phone number ,then i call you back detail,thanks, Sherazi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Calgary, Alberta

74 months ago

No we don't have enough welders in Alberta...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Calgary, Alberta

74 months ago

Sherazi in Markham, Ontario said: Hello Jim
Jim thanks for reply back,my e mail is sherazin@hotmail.com or you can give me your e mail or phone number ,then i call you back detail,thanks, Sherazi

jim.clow@ensignenergy.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wife in Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta

74 months ago

My husband, his brother and a number of their friends are welders and it is slow right now. We live right in the middle of the oil field and there is not enough work to barely keep us a float. They have all been looking for better welding jobs and so far no luck and it has been 6 months. All have years of experience and lots of good referals, but there is a lack of work. They are journeyman, 'B' pressure and constructional certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Student in Flin Flon, Manitoba

74 months ago

I am entering my gr 12 year and would like to get apprenticed in alberta or saskatchewan for welding is this something i should look into and what oil/gas companies offer apprenticeships for welding please reply!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Calgary, Alberta

74 months ago

Wife in Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta said: My husband, his brother and a number of their friends are welders and it is slow right now. We live right in the middle of the oil field and there is not enough work to barely keep us a float. They have all been looking for better welding jobs and so far no luck and it has been 6 months. All have years of experience and lots of good referals, but there is a lack of work. They are journeyman, 'B' pressure and constructional certified.

Can you send me your email so I can contact you about possible employment. jim.clow@ensignenergy.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

welders wife in Kitchener, Ontario

74 months ago

If you do decide to move to alberta,the real money is in fort mcmurray ( northern alberta ) be wary of working for some cheap companies in southern alberta the pay is often low less than $25.00 per hour plus you pay for your own accomodations. try some of the companies up north where they pay around $35.00 plus overtime also they either provide camp accomodations or loa( living out allowance ) usually $125.00 -$175.00 per day tax free.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BIG OIL ALBERTA in Edmonton, Alberta

74 months ago

fric in Calgary, Alberta said: Boom in Alberta is over ,come in ten years! Saskatchewan is hot now for welders!

THE BOOM IS OVER IN ALBERTA? AND ITS BOOMING IN SASKATCHEWAN? GET BENT!!!! WHERE ARE U GETTING YOUR INFO FROM? YOUR ON CRACK!!!! I'M AN ENGINEER IN CALGARY, AND THERES ONLY 84 RIGS DRILLING IN SASKATCHEWAN AND 261 DRILLING IN ALBERTA. WE TRIED RAMPING UP OUR PRODUCTION IN SASKATCHEWAN BUT FOUND IT TO DIFFICULT TO OPERATE IN AN AREA WHERE THERE IS LITTLE TO NO SUPPORT RESOURCES. DONT BE FLAPPING YOUR GUMS ABOUT SOMTHING YOUR NOT POSITIVE ABOUT. MAYBE THE REASON YOU THINK ITS SLOW IS BECAUSE YOUR A CRAPPY WORKER. AND TO MY EASTERN FRIENDS, FORT MAC IS THE PLACE TO BE. ITS AS BUSY THERE AS IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WE HAVE IS PEOPLE WHO POSE TO BE A MASTER WELDER, AND TURN OUT TO BE LIEING ABOUT THERE EXERIENCE. AND ALSO THE ODD GUY WHO CANT RESIST DOING DRUGS ON THE JOB. DONT BE AFRAID, AND JUST DO IT CUZ THE MORE TIME YOU TAKE TO MAKE YOUR DESION, THE MORE MONEY YOUR LOOSEING OUT ON.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gwen in Edmonton, Alberta

74 months ago

Wife in Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta said: My husband, his brother and a number of their friends are welders and it is slow right now. We live right in the middle of the oil field and there is not enough work to barely keep us a float. They have all been looking for better welding jobs and so far no luck and it has been 6 months. All have years of experience and lots of good referals, but there is a lack of work. They are journeyman, 'B' pressure and constructional certified.

Gwen from Jobology Consulting- I have alot of companies looking for welders in Alberta. Send your resumes and let me help you! email to jobologyconsultin@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gwen in Edmonton, Alberta

74 months ago

Dennis in Toronto, Ontario said: Don't fool yourself...just go.The pay is nearly double what you'll get say... in Ontario.Check the rents online in Edmonton and you will be surprised.

Dennis-email me your resume and I will respond with rent prices etc. I have companies in Alberta that are looking.
Gwen
email resume to jobologyconsulting@hotmail.com

I can help answer all your questions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gwen in Edmonton, Alberta

74 months ago

Need Answers in Brampton, Ontario said: I have lived in Toronto for 11 years and Bramton 5 years. I am quit fed up with Ontario. I am just about to graduate from York University and I have been searching for a job in my field for about one year not. I am moving to Edmonton because I heard that there are alot of jobs in the Social Service sector. Is this true. io also heard that if you apply to be a resident of Alberta that you get a start-up check. Is this also true?

Need answers in Brampton- send me your resume and let me help you answer your questions

gwen
jobologyconsulting@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

paul in Tacoma, Washington

74 months ago

Is there any opportunity for a certified FCAW/SMAW plate welder from the U.S. in Alberta? Please e-mail me at peeziee4851@yahoo.com. My wife is from Alberta and we were thinking of making our residence there.

Thanks,

Paul

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

bruce in Drummondville, Quebec

74 months ago

Hello everyone I would like to know if that is really worth after my price(lesson) of high-pressure soldering to move in alberta with my wife who is nursing for the work and the salary with the red seal indeed on. other criterion there ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bruce in Drummondville, Quebec

74 months ago

Hello everyone I would like to know if that is really worth after my price(lesson) of high-pressure soldering to move in alberta with my wife who is nursing for the work and the salary with the red seal indeed on. other criterion there ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gwen in Edmonton, Alberta

74 months ago

I have companies in Edmonton alone that are looking for welders, millwrights, electricians, carpenters, draftsman, industrial painters, etc. These are all great companies with great pay.

Send your resumes to find out!

jobologyconsulting@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gerry in Leduc, Alberta

74 months ago

Anyone can work in Alberta as a welder, providing they are an Alberta registered apprentice, Journeyman, or an Interprovincial red seal welder.
If not you need to sign up as an apprentice or challenge the red seal exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick Doucette in Nipawin, Saskatchewan

74 months ago

I've been welding for 10 years now , I worked a a few different company's I've got my pre-employment certificate and I've been with the same company for going on 8 years and getting absolutely no where. I'm a single dad raising my 8 year old daughter and I can barely make ends meet I want to get My B-pressure and My interprovicial journeyman ticket I know that there is so much more out there for me . and being able to pay for my schooling or going to get my B pressure is out of the question I can weld blind folded I feel like I'm stuck in a rut . I'm definately not getting paid enough for my experience and knowledge of welding I should not be living like this . any suggestions on how to get out . Thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick Doucette in Nipawin, Saskatchewan

74 months ago

Dennis in Mississauga, Ontario said: I heard that Sask.is booming now,give it a few years and the same thing will happen there.Wish I was a sanitary engineer.

If sask is booming then why are the weld wages low? I heard rumours in sask that it will pick up in the next few years so the company that I work for will have to do something other wise lose alot of guys like they have allready .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

welder in Kitchener, Ontario

74 months ago

hi bruce in Drummondville I am a B pressure red seal welder with 30 years experince I own 2 portable welding rigs working in Fort Mcmurray Alberta. I see a lot of people from Quebec writing into the welder forum about working in Alberta which is great but one thing troubles me, and that is the fact that Alberta welcomes all Canadians from every region but we are not welcome to work in your province.Your input on this would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

welder in Kitchener, Ontario

74 months ago

hi nick in sask I feel your pain bud sounds lick your caught between a rock and a hard place.You didnt mention what kind of welding your doing right now, chances are your not doing pipe work at the moment or you would probobly have your B and red seal by now.If your working at shop thats not into that type of work it will be hard to get to where you want to go.You may have to bite the bullit and go some where that you can get the experience you need but thats easy for some one to say thats not in your shoes.Its a good rule of thumb that if you want to play guitar you hang out with guitar players if you want to weld pipe you need to hang out with pipe welders.Sask by what Ive heard has future potential but lacks a lot of the infastructure i.e roads and services and people that are required to make it happen but hang in there and dont lose faith if you really want it youll get it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tarok in Calgary, Alberta

74 months ago

Nick Doucette in Nipawin, Saskatchewan said: I've been welding for 10 years now , I worked a a few different company's I've got my pre-employment certificate and I've been with the same company for going on 8 years and getting absolutely no where. I'm a single dad raising my 8 year old daughter and I can barely make ends meet I want to get My B-pressure and My interprovicial journeyman ticket I know that there is so much more out there for me . and being able to pay for my schooling or going to get my B pressure is out of the question I can weld blind folded I feel like I'm stuck in a rut . I'm definately not getting paid enough for my experience and knowledge of welding I should not be living like this . any suggestions on how to get out . Thanx

Just to let you know, if you don't already, when I challenged my IP exam(red seal), the written part cost $460 I believe, and the practical was $160 I think. I was in the same boat as you and now I also am B pressure certified. Let me know if you have any other questions. jweld97@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

bruce in Drummondville, Quebec

74 months ago

thank all for your comment ,,welder in Kitchener, Ontario I would like the Quebec changed but I can nothing there but however it accepts them nobody else nation to work being surprising that he does not accept other one Canadian. any manner it does not pay in the hushed up Quebec do not miss thing big

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Nick Doucette in Melfort, Saskatchewan

74 months ago

thanx for the info, I'm definately going for my b pressure next summer I look forward to challenging my self . I'm hoping that I can practice first cause I don't have any pipe experience I have alot of stick experience but it's been awhile since I welded with stick .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick Doucette in Melfort, Saskatchewan

74 months ago

fric in Calgary, Alberta said: Boom in Alberta is over ,come in ten years! Saskatchewan is hot now for welders!

That is very true saskatchewan do need welders especially in northern saskatchewan great pay and camp jobs , I see so many adds in the paper here for welders most of the adds say minimum experience . although shop wages for welders are low here .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick Doucette in Melfort, Saskatchewan

74 months ago

welder in Kitchener, Ontario said: hi nick in sask I feel your pain bud sounds lick your caught between a rock and a hard place.You didnt mention what kind of welding your doing right now, chances are your not doing pipe work at the moment or you would probobly have your B and red seal by now.If your working at shop thats not into that type of work it will be hard to get to where you want to go.You may have to bite the bullit and go some where that you can get the experience you need but thats easy for some one to say thats not in your shoes.Its a good rule of thumb that if you want to play guitar you hang out with guitar players if you want to weld pipe you need to hang out with pipe welders.Sask by what Ive heard has future potential but lacks a lot of the infastructure i.e roads and services and people that are required to make it happen but hang in there and dont lose faith if you really want it youll get it.

I have a ton of welding experience , I have done a lot of mobile stick welding , repair work, I had my C.W.B for stick but it expired a long time ago . I am currently welding in a shop with mig all flat and horrizontal welding I've been here for going on 8 years now and I'm finding it boring and the money is not the greatest thats forsure in the summer I plan on taking my B pressure test , I hope that I can practice first it has been a long time since I touched a stick but its like riding a bike .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sherazi in Markham, Ontario

74 months ago

Hello Mike thanks for you give us detail about welder jobs in ont, my friend i m working as pressure welder in tig , mig and Arc and and i have TSSA ticket with 10 years exprence making 22 dolar per hours would you like to tell me where is 37 doler job , i would like to apply there ,because i was thinking mov to Alberta, if i could find here good job why i go there thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Kitchener, Ontario

74 months ago

There is a job fair at the Waterloo Inn on October 25. My rate includes a shift premium. The rate isn't as much on days , but the money is still good. You must pass a test at the union hall, 100 percent X-ray. Sched 40 stainless tig root, tig fill and cap, and a carbon 6010 root 7018 fill and cap. Toronto also has a ua local as well as oshawa, peterborough and Hamilton. There is no question that the money out west is much better. It's just not a good life for someone with kids and a wife.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brad Williams in Saint John's, Newfoundland

73 months ago

Hey everyone! Can someone please give me some advice? I am a Newfoundlander looking for work out west in the welding trade. I am a first year apprentice and would consider relocating but would perfer a camp job. I have a SMAW ticket in flat and have found it hard to find work here. Things are pretty slow. Any tips or names of places hiring would bre greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! You can email me at bradwilliamsnf@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Need answers please in Tacoma, Washington

73 months ago

Is there any opportunity for a certified FCAW/SMAW plate welder from the U.S. in Alberta? Please e-mail me at peeziee4851@yahoo.com. My wife is from Alberta and we were thinking of making our residence there.

Thanks,

Paul

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Reply to me in Winnipeg, Manitoba

73 months ago

Hi, is it really hard to find a welding jobs in calgary nowadays? i only have close to 2 yrs exp. with Mig welding i had CWB ticket but its expired and i dont need to renew since its not needed for my job, soo what are my chances getting a job in calgary? w/o a red seal or journeyman ticket? i have worked in shops and fabrication. if my chances are low i guess i probably wont move although i like the weather in alberta. Please give me info

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

weldman in Mississauga, Ontario

73 months ago

Reply to me in Winnipeg, Manitoba said: Hi, is it really hard to find a welding jobs in calgary nowadays? i only have close to 2 yrs exp. with Mig welding i had CWB ticket but its expired and i dont need to renew since its not needed for my job, soo what are my chances getting a job in calgary? w/o a red seal or journeyman ticket? i have worked in shops and fabrication. if my chances are low i guess i probably wont move although i like the weather in alberta. Please give me info

thanks


Do your jobsearch through jobbank.gc.ca....Send your resumes out to Alberta.I would say that sooner or later an employer will ask how soon you could be there.That's what I did and had two jobs in less than a week.Rent a room in advance and you're all set.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dennis in Mississauga, Ontario

73 months ago

Gwen in Edmonton, Alberta said: Dennis-email me your resume and I will respond with rent prices etc. I have companies in Alberta that are looking.
Gwen
email resume to jobologyconsulting@hotmail.com

I can help answer all your questions

Hello Gwen,Just got laid off here in Ont.Things don't look to positive for the future.Moving back to Alberta was something I was putting off as a last resort,and all my tickets are expired.
How are things out you're way??....Regards,Dennis.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nicolaa in Kingston, Jamaica

73 months ago

good day, i am a welder for 15 years and i am looking for any welding job in Alberta, Edmonton. I am from Jamaica. Please contact . please all my relatives lives in Brampton but they are not trying hard enough to help me so i guess I have to help myself. my email is nicola_rhoden@yahoo.com. please help me to get a welding job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

weldman in Mississauga, Ontario

73 months ago

If you have access to the internet,go to jobbank.gc.ca/select job search/select"welder"/select Alberta,either Edmonton or Calgary/contact employers through e-mail or fax/if you are contacted,you will most likely be asked when you can arrive there.There are many rooms to rent there,most are affordable and include everything.Take care of this issue first.The rest is up to you.Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.