Is this crazy or what?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Cybordolphin

71 months ago

Ok... what do you think.

I am 48 years young. I hate the corporate world I have been in for many years. I always preferred working with my hands... as opposed to sales and marketing.

I have a real knack for trouble shooting and fixing things. I have a MIG welder and enjoy it as a hobby.

I want to know if I am out of my mind for wanting to start a new career in welding.

How quickly can I obtain my certs and is there a reason a company would not hire me over a 20 year old buck?

Where would I go to get my certs, etc.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Sayreville, New Jersey

71 months ago

You are definitely not crazy you have to do what you like! What state are you in? I know someone looking for a welder.

Thanks!

Cybordolphin

71 months ago

Thanks Nicole...

Ya made my day! lol.

I am in Cali near Bakersfield. With all of the oil around here.... I think tube/pipe welding might be steady work. I also just found out that College of the Canyons has pretty outstanding welding courses. They were donated brand new high tech equipment from Arc Machines Inc., as well just received funding of $300,000 this year for weld classes.

Not sure where it is best to take classes from.

I want to specifically excel in tube welding. Ard Machines has some pretty neat looking new equipment they have designed for more high tech type welding (future?).

Anyway... thanks for the encouragment!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.