Looking for work!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Phillip in Van Buren, Arkansas

78 months ago

Henry K Witham Jr. in Lake Worth, Florida said: What is it with companys today? Whats not understandable is they want a degree for everything and still pay less than someone with no degree-dont get it-i have been looking for work in construction for the last month and nothing has come up-now i have to use skills that havent been put into practice for many years and its still the same thing-either you have too much experience or not enough-this has been a real pain so if anyone can help explain why after putting out over 40 resumes on line and in the field that nothing has panned out?

this is Phillip and I understand what your saying !! I have gone through the same in the past !! I'm Working for a Company now who is looking for good Welders 12 Hr days m-f its out of Fort Smith Ark, if you can pass the weld test and the Drug test, work the Long Hrs and live Around Fort Smith or are willing to Move to Fort Smith let me Know I can Get you on at my Job we are Building Bardges and Tug Boats , A New Comp Good Insurance Room to move up with this Comp!!! in Fort smith Please email me at milfam77@yahoo.com or send me a phone Number I would be glad to call you and tell you more about it ! I Hope we can help you we do need good Welders! Thanks Phil,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

David White in Pompano Beach, Florida

76 months ago

whats the pay in ark.

Phillip in Tulsa, Oklahoma

76 months ago

The Pay in Arkansas isn't very good that's for sure But now Tulsa is paying very well I was told to Check the Tulsa World news paper on Sunday that there is a lot of welding Jobs there and the Pay can be about 18.00 to 21.00 dollars depending on your Experience as all jobs !or one of the Tulsa news Papers and the Jobs are Good in Sundays news so Good Luck hope that Helps I'm Looking for a better paying Job my Self as what I make does not talk care of my family for what I know its Crazy for sure!Arkansas has Never been a good Place for Good Paying Jobs,But there are some here thy just don't Pay good 10.00 to 13.00 dollars a Hr Hope I helped you Good Luck Phil,

jw macaw in Woodhaven, New York

56 months ago

to anyone looking for decent welding employment, i have two words for ya, "civil service!" every large city uses welding in a big way. the civil service system offers steady employment, pension, annuity, great health benefits not to mention paid vacation, holidays and sick time. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that making some greedy contractor rich so that he can lay you off and give his dim witted nephew your job isn't the way to go. good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JW MACAW in Woodhaven, New York

56 months ago

HEY, AFTER WORKING FOR 16 YEARS IN THE STEEL ERECTING BUSINESS, I DECIDED TO TAKE THE CIVIL SERVICE TEST FOR WELDER. NOW IT'S 22 YEARS LATER AND 51 BUCKS AN HR. I SHOULD KNOCK ON WOOD BEFORE I SAY THIS BUT, NO LAY OFFS, NO GETTING RAINED OUT AND GREAT WORKING CONDITIONS. I JUST HOPE I DIDN'T JINX MYSELF.

Phillip in Sallisaw, Oklahoma

56 months ago

Now That's Awesome Pay !! Happy for you Man !!

56 months ago

Phillip in Sallisaw, Oklahoma said: Now That's Awesome Pay !! Happy for you Man !!

thanx phil! for once in my life i was in the right place at the right time!

Phil in Sallisaw, Oklahoma

56 months ago

Sure Sounds like it Man I would have loved to found a Better paying Job so I would take care of my Wife and Little girl I see your way up North wow hows the weather ? my wife is from Riverhead LI N.Y :)
Well I'm happy for yeah man its Great chating with someone that finely Got that Break Heads up Man, Phil

Phil in Sallisaw, Oklahoma

56 months ago

Sorry man I meant so I COULD! Take better care of my family!! I'm use to making 17.00 an hr plus over time but now its not much I'm certified, I've been a foremen, Welder, weld inspector, but there was either no jobs,or all the rest kept laying off ,its been pretty crazy the past two years, well thanks and again glad things worked out for you Man, Phil

56 months ago

phil;
like i said, the word is "civil service"! aren't there any union jobs down there? what about the federal government? the prison service uses welders and the feds have jails all over the country. i hear the oil industry is pretty big in oklahoma, aren't they hiring? btw, i live about an hour from riverhead. very nice out there.

56 months ago

phil;
there is a welding website called,"welding tips and tricks", it's run by a guy named jody. on this site is a message board for welding jobs all over the united states. have you ever considered re~locating? long island is a big place phil, don't know those family's.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.