Rig Welding Jobs In Alberta

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 413)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

me_77 in Edmonton, Alberta

85 months ago

hey did anyone every have any luck with "lucky 1" who was supposedly looking for 10 rig welders in fort mac???? please comment and let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

colin johnston in Grande Prairie, Alberta

85 months ago

no hemust have everyone he needs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pressure_Welder in Nipawin, Saskatchewan

85 months ago

Hungry- Do you have a CWB all poss stick? No work that i know of for a Journeyman. You will at least need a structural ticket.

famous one in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan

85 months ago

me_77 in Edmonton, Alberta said: hey did anyone every have any luck with "lucky 1" who was supposedly looking for 10 rig welders in fort mac???? please comment and let me know.

never heard back at all so I dont know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

arctig in Lloydminster, Alberta

85 months ago

ya been home since last saturday i got 7 12 hour shifts im all done there now it looks like it mite be busy up there this winter but just aslow steady pace for whoever is up there for now i got 9hours in with granite oilfield const on thursday

85 months ago

Yeah I heard its going to be busy up there,a consultant buddy of mine said november and december are going be crazy for work for husky,so hopefully some work opens up.I think there are alot of out of town companies getting work around here so its just a matter of finding out who has it.

dirt dog in Calgary, Alberta

85 months ago

lucky1 in Fort Mcmurray, Alberta said: disco69
I am currently looking for 10 rig welders for a job in Fort McMurray. If you might be interested email me at rjanvier@telus.net

i am a rig welder and a dam good fabricator. gauranteed 100 inches a day i am presently working but willing to leave for more hours and a scheduled days off. ive been bouncing around alot. i do what i have to to stay busy. bills dont ever stop so i cant either. have 12 years experience in every aspect of welding. my email is derrickdiglerwelding@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

scrivs welding in Fort Mcmurray, Alberta

84 months ago

i live in fortmac,if anyone needs a cwb rig welder,please email scrivswelding@hotmail.com ,17 plus years doin every thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cabron welding in Medicine Hat, Alberta

84 months ago

Im a b pressure rig welder with cwb tickets for all positions looking for work. Have over 12 years experience. Willing to travel. e-mail me at cabron79@hotmail.com Thanx

lucky1 in Fort Mcmurray, Alberta

84 months ago

Thanks to everyone who sent in resumes for rig welders in Fort McMurray. We currently don't need anymore more welders but I will keep your resumes on file if something else comes up.

srivswelding@*****.*** in Fort Mcmurray, Alberta

84 months ago

theirs wrk up here,but its slow goin.flint is looking 4 b and cwb rigs.dual tickets.....ive been hearing that january,they'l be screamin 4 rigs,but all the companys r shying away from cwb rigs.cheers 4 now

kaddie3 in Calgary, Alberta

84 months ago

I want a apprenticeship in welding please, I am currently enrolled in grade 10 and am willing to work hard and be dedicated. Send me an e-mail at kaddie3@hotmail.com, Thanks.

-Kaddie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

I am goin to ride the crap outta my hog till it friggin snows or i get a job im so sick of sittin around waitin see all you on the road ill be the one on the green harley with a grin and frozen half to death

Alex B in Edmonton, Alberta

84 months ago

Second year here with CWB. Been in Edmonton since September and cant find a job. hundreds of resumes sent off. Cant believe it! Not even a one damn call! Kind of disheartening

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Apprentice in Calgary, Alberta

84 months ago

kaddie3 in Calgary, Alberta said: I want a apprenticeship in welding please, I am currently enrolled in grade 10 and am willing to work hard and be dedicated. Send me an e-mail at kaddie3@hotmail.com, Thanks.

-Kaddie

Have you read all the previous posts? Lots of experienced guys, can't find work! Stay in school and get your grade 12 and find another trade. I have given up trying to start a second career in welding and I'll keep it as a hobby! In slow times it would make sense for companies to be training apprentices so they are more productive when it gets busy, apprentices are cheap and most would probably be some what loyal to the employer who hired them. But that's not the way! Finish school, then decide....

ARCFLASH in Whaletown, British Columbia

84 months ago

Rig welder looking for work with close to 20 years in the field. I will be out of work in the middle of Nov. Looking to get back up north and work some hours before the holidays. Pipeline,Facility,CWB,, or whatever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Hey famous you out there what are you doin i hit the bricks today there is absolutly nothing happening in lloydminster not even a greasy tank floor to patch i see the gas prices are goin up again if it isnt raining or snowing im gonna keep riding see you on the road

84 months ago

arctig in Lloydminster, Alberta said: Hey famous you out there what are you doin i hit the bricks today there is absolutly nothing happening in lloydminster not even a greasy tank floor to patch i see the gas prices are goin up again if it isnt raining or snowing im gonna keep riding see you on the road

what happened with granite?

84 months ago

It was just 4 days of catch up doing crap jobs in the rain and snow and they are all caught up now its never more than 4 or 5 days with these local outfits unless you are in tight with someone what are you doin working or just sitting.

84 months ago

arctig in Lloydminster, Alberta said: It was just 4 days of catch up doing crap jobs in the rain and snow and they are all caught up now its never more than 4 or 5 days with these local outfits unless you are in tight with someone what are you doin working or just sitting.

about to start a small job at macklin for strike energy...see what comes of it I guess

welding robot in Leslieville, Alberta

84 months ago

I need work anywhere in alberta. I am a journeyman, red seal, all position cwb, with lots of experience and hard working.I too have too many bills

Alex B in Wetaskiwin, Alberta

84 months ago

Rig Welder wanted in edmonton area on jobbank.gc.ca just search welder in edmonton area.

84 months ago

No snow No work Gotta keep lookin down the hiway Iwill be bookin on my Harley Its alot cheaper than driving my rig

84 months ago

hey arctig,lets go for coffee if your not doing too much next week

olson local 118 in Sacramento, California

83 months ago

weldpig in Edmonton, Alberta said: FORGET ABOUT WELDING IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

BEEN A RIG WELDER FOR ALMOST TEN YRS.B-PRESSURE.
ITS BECOME A CUT THROAT BUSINESS WITH NO LOYALTY TO HARD WORKERS!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S DIRTY,LONG HRS.,UNHEALTHY,POOR WEATHER COND.,UNPREDICTABLE EMPLOYMENT AND YOU ARE TREATED LIKE SHAT BECAUSE EVERYONE THINKS YOU MAKE TOO MUCH.
UNLESS YOUR DADDY OWNS THE COMPANY YOUR SCREWED!!!!!!!!

GO POUND NAILS OR PULL WIRES ..........IT'S STEADY CLEAN WORK!!!

i hear you my union was good until now ..cut throats .who you know jobs now !

83 months ago

you bet any time thats all igot meet me at tim hortons dy the mall at100oclock tomorrow

Ryan F in Red Deer, Alberta

83 months ago

Any word on Kearl Lake Project?

Johnny Cash in Vernon, British Columbia

83 months ago

Ryan F in Red Deer, Alberta said: Any word on Kearl Lake Project?

go f yourself

83 months ago

why thnx a hole.do your home wrk and u'll kn0ow,that kewit and klemke r the 2.apply......as 4 the rest off the gig.wrks pickin up,,more rigs rippin around up here.come january its gona go crazy.i know.been here most of my life.go 2 fortmac high payin jobs and mmake some phone calls......over and f kin out dude/

83 months ago

me_77 in Edmonton, Alberta said: hey did anyone every have any luck with "lucky 1" who was supposedly looking for 10 rig welders in fort mac???? please comment and let me know.

a dud dude

83 months ago

hungry for work in Edmonton, Alberta said: Any camp jobs for experienced Journeyman welder? no rig, not b-pressure

flint or ledcor

angelheart1 in Johannesburg, South Africa

83 months ago

Is Ledcor or Berry on the hire in fort mac - any news?

Pre Apprentice - Calgary in Calgary, Alberta

83 months ago

I read most of the recent posts and it looks a bit depressing. I am completing the Pre-Employment welding course at SAIT this December. I need to find work after that as I am not on EI. If anyone knows of someone hiring welders helpers or apprenticeship opportunities it would be greatly appreciated.

weldpig in Delburne, Alberta

83 months ago

be carpenter or an electrician............throw them a hundred inches a day but if you don't touch dicks with them after hours you're first to go

Alex B in Edmonton, Alberta

83 months ago

2nd year apprentice here, I haven't been able to find work welding in 4 months... working as a labourer now pulling cable with electricans. everyone I've been talking to says its supposed to pick in in the new yeah. who knows? I hope it does!

sekin' work in Calgary, Alberta

83 months ago

the only thing keeping me going was selling a house during the boom...but that savings is going fast now with 10 sloooooooooooooow months!! Can't even swallow my pride and take the low paying shop work...they think I'm overqualified and will bolt if...when...IF things take off again. Feel like a dick for all the jobs I turned down a year ago!!

If anyone hears something I've got my own rig, lots of service work, boilers, oilfield, plant....everything but underwater. Should have stayed in the electrical program, damn it!! Can't afford to go back now.

Anyone else too overqualified to get a job??

83 months ago

hey seekin work i can really identify with you. ive been living on our savings since last feb. with only 1 months work since then. i cant even get a job in any of the shops here cause everyone knows i have my own rig and i am not in anyones inner clique i dont sit in the bar with anyone and buy my jobs like some welders.Im gonna deposit my withdrawal card back in to the unionhall and lie like a btard to try get back in as they really hate rigwelders and guys who work outside or think outside the box you are lucky you had an extra house to sell i know welders in this town that have lost it all already house rig all the toys wife etc well enough whining from me its 4 degrees out and dry enough to jump on the old harley to blow the cobwebs out of my head im gonna take a burn down the road until i get cold good luck we are all gonna need it this winter

Mike in Edmonton, Alberta

83 months ago

Rig Welder looking for work anywhere . I have my B-pressure , carbon and chrome tig. cwb all-position stick . downhand tickets . If anyone is looking or here of any jobs contact me . Thank You

83 months ago

arctig in Lloydminster, Alberta said: hey seekin work i can really identify with you. ive been living on our savings since last feb. with only 1 months work since then. i cant even get a job in any of the shops here cause everyone knows i have my own rig and i am not in anyones inner clique i dont sit in the bar with anyone and buy my jobs like some welders.Im gonna deposit my withdrawal card back in to the unionhall and lie like a btard to try get back in as they really hate rigwelders and guys who work outside or think outside the box you are lucky you had an extra house to sell i know welders in this town that have lost it all already house rig all the toys wife etc well enough whining from me its 4 degrees out and dry enough to jump on the old harley to blow the cobwebs out of my head im gonna take a burn down the road until i get cold good luck we are all gonna need it this winter

Maybe it was a good thing for those guys who lost their wives...should have saved them some $$$$...HA...(sorry honey, didn't mean anything by it)!

I hear you about the bar trolling though...the guys in there seem to be working steady. It sucks to think that if only I was a bad welder, drunk or shoving something up my now that I'd be doing fine now...Enjoy the ride...while you still got $ for gas anyways.

83 months ago

sekin' work in Calgary, Alberta said: Maybe it was a good thing for those guys who lost their wives...should have saved them some $$$$...HA...(sorry honey, didn't mean anything by it)!

I hear you about the bar trolling though...the guys in there seem to be working steady. It sucks to think that if only I was a bad welder, drunk or shoving something up my now that I'd be doing fine now...Enjoy the ride...while you still got $ for gas anyways.

that's nose not now...might make more sense that way

83 months ago

Hey Pressure Welder in Nipawin Sask did you used to live in LLoydminster ?

B-rig78-09 in Red Deer, Alberta

83 months ago

B-pressure rig welder with CWB all possition, SMAW/GMAW F3-F6 small bore tickets, CSTS, H2S tickets I got 16 years expieriance in everything from pipeline to facility construction, vessel alteration and general repair, fabrication, and shift lead hand/supervisor looking for work email me at rer78_2003@hotmail.com

CHRISTINA in Grande Prairie, Alberta

83 months ago

So there is no "blacklist?" what's the point of threatening there is one??
I'm working peace river for now but very hesitant to go back to Mac due to an "incident" at Shell....;o( They have zero tolerance for drugs and alocohl and I can't agree more...so how do you check with what security if you are banned for life or not?? Or site suspension?? How and where could I find a number to see my restrictions from SHELL or any site for that matter?? Any thought or comments muchly appreciated ;o)

83 months ago

blacklisted in Edmonton, Alberta said: I seen mention in a previous post about blacklisting. I have never worked in the oilsands, never failed a drug test and never been a member of either a real union or the phoney one clac. Over the past five years I have been offered several jobs, one with flint at cnrl, another with a small contractor at shell, and twice at albian sands. The kicker comes when its time to start the jobs, Flint would not return phone calls or emails after already checking references, my resume, and offering me the job at cnrl...... shell emailed the contractor back initially and said there was a problem with my resume(there isnt), so we sent copies of my qualifications, then the contractor stopped talking to me, a friend who works for him told me that shell emailed them and told them I was on the blacklist...I did a freedom of information request with flint, cnrl, and shell and they all say they never heard of me and have no information, and this is after me sending them resumes, references and copies of my tickets. My question is to anyone out there that has information on this oilsands blacklist, who runs and maintains this list? how or why would a person end up on this list? all my efforts to find out why I am on this list are met with denial of a list or by silence. Everyone knows there is a list, yet nobody is able to point out who exactly is responsible. Any help would be appreciated as this blacklist has ruined my career, and I hope to hold someone responsible.

I CANT agree more......did you ever find out any information because Im not sure if I'm going through the same thing at the moment S.O.S!!!Need direct number about this dang list and get some answers and not the cold shoulder who the hell came up with this damn list it's ridiculous

83 months ago

Pressure_welder in Nipawin, Saskatchewan said: Well, to me it sounds like if you never failed a D&A test, and your references are excellent, that the only solution is that you found a way to piss someone off in a company that employs 100s or 1000s of people yearly, that someone remembers you! I have been rig welding for 15 years in alberta, and the term blacklist is a general term. Unless you know someone that works for HR in one of these companies, you may never know the truth! Every site now does a background check on those that are being hired onto their sites...CNRL, Shell, Foster Creek, etc. So if something comes up in that such as a drug or alcohol charge, theft, vandalism, etc, then you would certinly be denied entry as well. Other than that try to make nicey nice with an HR person to get some insight. Then again, it could be one big conspiracy aimed at you...maybe they are watching you right now....wait, I've said too much already.....

haha so how do u get ahold of main security office at SHELL for instance to see whos denied access to site or not?? due to failed d & a test or for whatever reason??

Pressure Welder in Nipawin, Saskatchewan

83 months ago

Hey Arctig, Nope never lived or even worked in Lloyd. Lived in Saskatoon but pretty much only ever worked in Alberta. And Christina, I have never been in that situation, not sure what to advise you...sorry! I can only guess that they will be less than helpful when asked.

superman in Red Deer, Alberta

83 months ago

B-rig78-09 in Red Deer, Alberta said: B-pressure rig welder with CWB all possition, SMAW/GMAW F3-F6 small bore tickets, CSTS, H2S tickets I got 16 years expieriance in everything from pipeline to facility construction, vessel alteration and general repair, fabrication, and shift lead hand/supervisor looking for work email me at rer78_2003@hotmail.com

what kind of work are you looking for , how much money do you ask for.you must not be a bag licker if you have all this exsperience and no job.If you are from Red Deer Cmr is looking go and bug them for a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

B-rig78-09 in Red Deer, Alberta

83 months ago

superman in Red Deer, Alberta said: what kind of work are you looking for , how much money do you ask for.you must not be a bag licker if you have all this exsperience and no job.If you are from Red Deer Cmr is looking go and bug them for a job.

been there done that with them I am looking for more field work I got some in-town side jobs just always on the lookout for more preferably without the bag licking thats for your wife to do.

83 months ago

hey famous you out there

Kev man in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

83 months ago

Really interesting site wow. It totally opened my eyes to the welding industry. I came into the industry with alot of high expectations. Currently iam in my 2nd yr apprenticeship with Co outta of Saskatoon. But what to do when i do get my J papers wit red seal and the fixings. Hmmm wow sounds like a guy has to really do alot of searching for the right place to call home huh? I just found the site and its' cool to know all info. Thanks to everyone and good luck folks.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.