Rig Welding Jobs In Alberta

Comments (101 to 150 of 414)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

old timer in Red Deer, Alberta

67 months ago

the welding industry is slow right now and the only way to get a good job is to be lucky or know someone. For you to get a job join the union.Lots of my friends are joing the unions and like the steady pay. Dont stop trying it will soon get better.

famous one in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan

67 months ago

arctig in Lloydminster, Alberta said: hey famous you out there

yeah,haven't been online,my computer was down getting fixed.....whats happening

Alex B in Edmonton, Alberta

67 months ago

old timer in Red Deer, Alberta said: the welding industry is slow right now and the only way to get a good job is to be lucky or know someone. For you to get a job join the union.Lots of my friends are joing the unions and like the steady pay. Dont stop trying it will soon get better.

Which union are looking for apprentice?

Thanks

arctig in Lloydminster, Alberta

67 months ago

Hey famous not much is happening in town here I went out and hammered all the shops and maintance companys in town and not one nibble.Been putting miles on my bike since there is nothing better to do did a whole bunch of phoning and faxing emailing my resume but all I get are voicemails and answering machines.Sure hope it picks up I dont want to get to far behind Ive been living on my savings since feburary with about five weeks work inbetween then and now.Im gonna get back into the union (ugh)and get all retrained up and recertify all my tickets. Bye for now good luck

janvier@telus.net in Edmonton, Alberta

67 months ago

cec in Spruce Grove, Alberta said: are u still looking?

Are you still looking for rig welders. I'm available.

67 months ago

Are you still going for rig welders? I'm available.

67 months ago

Are you still looking for rig welders?

66 months ago

Is there any work for welders anywheres Im getting really bored and dicouraged. Ive been in this trade since 1981 and NEVER seen it this slow .You talk to some other welders and they seem to always be working.I am damn grateful I have no debtload other than monthly living expenses,but its getting worse every year to find any steady work.2years ago the phone never stopped ringing now all those companys and superintendants I worked for dont even answer the phone all I ever get is voicemail.Cant even get a job pounding nails on a framing crew cause they wont hire skilled tradesmen their sorry excuse is as soon as the oil patch gets rolling we all will be gone.That may be true but What about the 8 or 10 months we have not worked or longer?Enough whining for now Im goin for a long cold ride.

Nolan96 in saskatoon, Saskatchewan

66 months ago

Im wanting to start a welding rig. Do you have any advice on how i should go about doing it.

Thanks

weldpig1 in Hobbema, Alberta

66 months ago

if your daddy doesn't own the company......don't be a welder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brazemaster in Toronto, Ontario

66 months ago

Brazemaster in Red Deer, Alberta said: YOU KNOW IVE GOT A PICKER/WELDING BUSINESS AND ITS BEEN SINCE CHRISTMAS SINCE IVE BEEN WORKING IN MCMURRAY I THINK THEY LAID OFF LIKE 10000 PPL GOOD LUCK

it's gonna pick up boys don't get too discouraged there gonna bust those unions in 2010 to make room for the rigs because there is not enough production ua gravy train

66 months ago

Nolan96 in saskatoon, Saskatchewan said: Im wanting to start a welding rig. Do you have any advice on how i should go about doing it.

Thanks

hey nolan96,dont do it try to get on in the mines or something,job security is worth way more,and at the end of the day you probably make more money than a rig welder cause there isnt any expenses....rig welding isnt the place to be now,cause its over populated with no jobs. Good luck with whatever path you take.

dom in Crossfield, Alberta

66 months ago

Hi I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in hiring a hard working guy with good work ethic to apprentice under them, I dont have any experience but am a really quick learner and have welded in the past. I am even willing to be a helping hand if your work is slow. If you want to contact me just email me at dom_rock_is_lfe@hotmail.com

thank you

66 months ago

Hey famous glad to see you are back online what you been doing.I hit all the shops and welding companys the other day with no luck it seems its getting slower out there but its a bad time of the year to be looking for work.What are you up to these days.

66 months ago

Hey arctig,haven't been doing a hell of alot, making phone calls and sending out resumes,hoping it pays off one of these times.It sounds like things have slowed down around here,not looking very hopeful for the future.

Cam hildebrandt in peace river, Alberta

66 months ago

I own a welding rig . B pressure,CWB,Stainless tig. I am currently looking for work in northern Ab camp jobs or whatever anyone looking for rig welders can reach me at camlaptop.com@gmail.com

66 months ago

welcome to the club man

GWK WELD in winnipeg, Manitoba

66 months ago

Looking for b-pressure, fab,cwb,work anywhere in canada. Can weld anything but the crack of dawn

66 months ago

Hey all you rig welders out there have any of you ever had equipment stolen on the job site? I had a 2007 cargomate 14 ft tandem axle enclosed trailer with a GRB 12x12 fabtent and 5or 6 grand of tools pipestand my heavy roller stands for rolling big pipe plus lots of miccalanious stuff in it.If and when I get back to work Isure am going to miss all that gear expecially the tent. If I ever catch the thief who took it Ill have to dig another hole to hide another body.

66 months ago

hey famous what kind of rig you runnig? Mine is a Ford deck truck Lincoln 300D grey deck orange fab table strapped on the deck if you see me driving aimlessly around town flag me down we should get together for a cofee and swap numbers

Kev Man in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

66 months ago

Good evening all. Really tough huntin huh... How does i guy get onto the mines if at all possible. Is it possible to be hired as a 3rd yr apprentice? Dunno too much bout it just fresh to it. Any help out there? Thanks take care

66 months ago

Hey Kevman try like hell to get a job in a good shop and finish your apprentice ship there out in the oilpatch in a mine or mill of any kind you wont be welding anyways.There are hundreds of qualified welders with tickets trucks businesses etc out of work and it does not look very good for the foreseeable future I know cause Im one of them.I wish I could geta hand job in a shop even but its SLIMPICKINS everywhere rite now

Scrivs welding in Edmonton, Alberta

66 months ago

Jobs komin soon 2 the fort mac area,Jan 15th Meg energy ,chritina lake.apply at flint energy.chow

JackSchidt in North Battleford, Saskatchewan

66 months ago

I took the year off to spend with my kids and let the young guys with Loads of debt have the little work there was. spent past few years in mines and unions and decided that since I had the time and money i would rig up and give it a go. been ready for two months and nothing. Too close to christmas? maybe. everyone I talk to says the same thing."slowing down" "send us your resume we'll call you". blah blah blah. I am optimistic though that 2010 will be a good year and I can save some money for the next reccession. Its definately who you know though and is tough going for a guy starting out. For anyone considering this trade right now i would highly suggest you reconsider. go for mechanics or machine ops or something. let it pick up again. as for myself too fkin late. I have too much time and money invested to back out quite just yet. Good Luck to all.

66 months ago

arctig in Lloydminster, Alberta said: hey famous what kind of rig you runnig? Mine is a Ford deck truck Lincoln 300D grey deck orange fab table strapped on the deck if you see me driving aimlessly around town flag me down we should get together for a cofee and swap numbers

mine is grey ford dually with ranger and alum toolboxes

wildbill in North Battleford, Saskatchewan

65 months ago

i am a rig welder looking for work

Buckmaster in Hague, Saskatchewan

65 months ago

Can anyone help direct me to opportunities in Alberta. I am a 32 year old journeyman welder with b-pressure. I haven't been getting any responces to things I've applied for.

Preemploymentwelder in Calgary, Alberta

65 months ago

Welcome to the Club. I doubt employers are responding right now as there is nothing going on in the industry. Your comment did not mention if you are located in Alberta or just applying via email to jobs. I suspect that if jobs are available they will go to people who show up to employers personally with resume in hand and ready to take a welding test on the spot. Some companies have even taken their email off the website so as to prevent people from applying by email...... sign of the times I guess

Good luck

Mike in Calgary, Alberta

65 months ago

willbill. we all are

Cam Hildebrandt in Merritt, British Columbia

65 months ago

How soon are you Saskatchewan guys going to help us Alberta guys find work in your province, I hear the potash mines expanding, rigs are drilling like crazy down south by Estavan. Shure would be nice to see things go both ways for once!!!

65 months ago

For the jobs that are out there, its still who you know until things pick up guys.

Pressure_welder in Nipawin, Saskatchewan

65 months ago

Hey Cam, Every one from Alberta (or BC as you are) asks the same thing..."I hear there is tons of work in Sask". Yes there is alot of work at the potash mines and more on the horizon. But much of that is Union. Most of the work down south is locked up tighter than it is in Alberta. If you don't personally know a push, it isn't going to happen for you.

Cam Hildebrandt in Merritt, British Columbia

65 months ago

You know, in all my years, I always settled for what was going on in my province, and never got any jobs out of province. Now that things are slow, there is hardly enough for us locals, let alone out of province guys. Why don't you guys get union jobs, go back to building grain bins, ag equip, etc, it's YOUR work, and you can keep it. Sask work-Sask taxes! Do you pay taxes here?? Do you raise your family here?? support local business here?? then why think you should have to work here?? especially when ab rigs are being repossessed by banks! ps the address is a typo, can't seem to find were to change it. Cam in Peace River AB

Pressure_welder in Nipawin, Saskatchewan

65 months ago

Oh great...we have another whiner! You want to know why so many guys are losing their businesses and trucks? Because in the last 5 years, anybody who ever struck an arc called themselves a welder. They bought a truck, threw a ranger or bobcat in the back and called it a rig. The market was flooded with 100's of new welders with the ink still wet on their "B" and sometimes only a CWB. That dropped our rates and cut the available work in half. You usually could find work during these slow times but with guys running their trucks for $50/hr and THEY supply, it's pretty hard to compete.

That being said, anyone who has been around for a while and has kept a decent reputation should have a decent black book by now. I have stayed busy till end of September, all by former employers.

Oh and by the way, i was born and raised in Calgary. The same place that I would have paid $550-$750,000 anywhere 20 mins outside the city, i bought here for $140,000.

Cam hildebrandt in peace river, Alberta

65 months ago

Thanks for changing my address! (born and raised here!! BC ? that's just embaressing)

arcflash in Campbell River, British Columbia

65 months ago

Well. Sounds like there is a few welders that cant find work. There is an old saying. If your good you get work and if your not you sit. Lots of BS here about crossing borders. Sask. Al. Man and BC. If you run a Rig you go where you make money. Long days away from the family. I have not heard about a 50 buck rate yet but I do know some good guys from Edmonton that are working for 70 and they supply. Ps @#$!@ the world save yourselve.

arcflash in Campbell River, British Columbia

65 months ago

Cam hildebrandt in peace river, Alberta said: Thanks for changing my address! (born and raised here!! BC ? that's just embaressing)

Its not your fault its your parents.

65 months ago

Greetings from chilly Lloydminster .Ive been gone over the holidays went back to melfort to see the folks . Talked to some of my friends in the trade in sask and it did not sound to good where ever i went. There is good news in the future for those of us who are stable and patient.This to shall pass i have been operating my own company one truck one man outfit since1990 and have allways made a living.As for those young dudes rigging up it happens every 4 or 5 years they slap a welder on a truck and expect to make their fortune as a rig welder.I have seen alot of these guys go down in financial flames and good for them. these crashes us old dogs seem to ride thru only weed out the greedy and stupid. ALL you young guys get in a good pressure shop and get some trade experience before you come and play in the big bad oilpatch cause it will eat you and your hundred thousand dollar rigs and leave you sitting at tim hortons whining.There is nothing worse than a fresh wet B welder full of c--p and ego seen lots of them come and go.I picked up enough work since my last big job in oct to feb 09 to survive till the next big one.As amatter of rates goin down U-------- Industries in Lloydminster dropped their rates to 6500per hour for the welders.It is not the companys fault itsthe big greedy oil companys ie H---y Energy went ALL their vendors and told them to drop their rates or you dont work for them.I have a couple of truckers that haul oil for H----for 125.00perhour on a big semi superB unit that is down from 180. per hour a year ago.As far as future work goes I play it ONE DAY AT A TIME and dont sweat the small stuff IM off to northern BC for the rest of the winter IhopeITS adog eat dog world out there and us rig welders are like pirates we go where the normal people who are scared to go,thats usually where you make the best money and best business contacts you can keep all your firebags and long lakes there is to much crap and egos and everything else that goes with our jo

PreEmploymentWelder in Calgary, Alberta

65 months ago

Three B Pressure welders jobs on the kijiji DOT ca website. Try searching with the info below. Good luck guys

calgary.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-construction-trades-3-Rig-Welders

Go Big in Ontario

65 months ago

There is not an official 'blacklist' persay and no one person or group that manages it. My husband has worked as a fitter in Alberta as a travel card with the union and has said there are bans though. But from reading your post I am unsure why you would have ended up on one. If a person leaves or quits a job say to take another job, then there is a ban placed on that person for a period of time ( I think the usual is 3 months from most companies). You are not banned from working for the contractor, but you are banned from the site. So if you were working at CNRL for PCL say and you left for any reason other than an official lay off, or someone other legit reason that the company is willing to give you a lay off on your roe then a ban is placed against your name by CNRL, Shell or whomever. Once the ban is up you are free to work for whichever contractor on that site that will hire you. But if you are banned and are 'unknown' ( don't have anyone that knows you say ) then you may have a hard time getting hired. I'm not sure who you have worked for in the past, perhaps if you have quit a job where you are and it was for one of the affiliates of the sites that you are applying to get on to then that could be why you are not getting on after refs are done. Perhaps when your name is checked with the site, there is something against you. Having said that there is a mass shortage of men coming this spring (2010) for all the shelved jobs. A letter has been sent out to all (United Association of Journeymen unions) in Canada and the US letting the group know that there is going to be a mass shortage, and asking that it be put out to all members that they are looking for 5000 men. So I would suggest that you look into it again. The schedules are out and they are saying this is going to be the largest turn around Alberta has ever seen. I'm not sure if this help, but goodluck

Go Big in Ontario

65 months ago

Sorry forgot about CLAC. They run quite a bit in Alberta. What about joining a union where you are and then going as a travel card to Alberta. Then you can get around the CLAC.

Go Big in Ontario

65 months ago

UA takes apprentice welder. Google UA + whatever city you are in. There are big turn arounds coming and if you want to weld and be in Alberta, there is always work for members of the union there. Most jobs are not open to travel cards, but members only. Things are about to ramp up, so you may be able to find work in a shop that is nice and steady and will teach you for the next big boom. Make sure you save up when you are working so that when there is a lull in the field you can weather it. That's the construction industry. UP UP UP and then the bottom falls out. But it never dies, because those big places need to be maintained and every few years they have huge pushes where you make the $$.
Most of the welders that I know that want to work in Alberta and are union guys earn over 100k every year, even last year. So its about whether or not you want to join a union.

Go Big in Ontario

65 months ago

Buckmaster in Hague, Saskatchewan said: Can anyone help direct me to opportunities in Alberta. I am a 32 year old journeyman welder with b-pressure. I haven't been getting any responces to things I've applied for.

If you have your Red Seal Check out UA 488. They are going to get hammered soon with the upcoming man power need. Pre shuts are scheduled to begin in March.
I have a letter from ACTIMS: If you are interested in working at any of the upcoming spring turnarounds and you possess the applicable skills, qualification and experience, please forward your resume by email or by regular mail to:
ACTIMS
PO Box 76182
Calgary, Alberta T2Y 2Z9
jobs@actims.ca
Employers are looking for certified journeyman trades people :
Pipefitter/steamfitter
Pipefitter welder 'b pressure/tig alloy
boilermaker
boilermaker welder 'b' pressure/tig alloy
crane operator (conventional/hydraulic)
carpenter/scaffolder
insulator
The projects are Shell Scotford, Muskeg River, Suncor and Syncrude

Go Big in Ontario

65 months ago

welderswife in Fredericton, New Brunswick

65 months ago

My husband bought a rig welder almost 2 years ago while he was working on one of the sites in Alberta. He was promised min. of 6 months work with it, which would have paid for the truck and had us in the good. He worked only 28 days and was sent home. Hasn't worked the truck since. I suggest to any out of province people looking to buy rigs, not to. He worked in SJ for almost a year and has been off since Sept. The truck payments are almost killing us. Any young ones out there looking to be welders. Find a different trade. One not so dirty and hard on your lungs, with a little more stability.

65 months ago

Hey Famous one you out there?

65 months ago

Just got a sweet job in B.C. its good till spring from what my super tells me only its on a friggin mountain in the middle of nowheres.Cant tell you where cuz if the foriengers here about it they will all buy a bus ticket back to Alberta and try to steal it. The big bad oil companys got what they wanted ie lower labour rates material costs. this last crash just weeded out the greedy and foolish people who thougt they could come and make their million bucks .

blitzfab in Calgary, Alberta

65 months ago

why would he share. its every welder for themselves these days! things are looking up. ive worked more this month than the last 3 months all together. and yes i run portable and no my rate is still the same havent changed it since i started. the good guys will work and the rest wont.

me_81

65 months ago

hey guys... just posting for my husband. he just bought a new machine, and has a Miller Trailblazer 302 with 3900 hours on it for sale.. no cables & gas. $750.00 firm. please email me if you are interested :)

edwin.nehemiah@gmail.com in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

65 months ago

arctig in Lloydminster, Alberta said: Just got a sweet job in B.C. its good till spring from what my super tells me only its on a friggin mountain in the middle of nowheres.Cant tell you where cuz if the foriengers here about it they will all buy a bus ticket back to Alberta and try to steal it. The big bad oil companys got what they wanted ie lower labour rates material costs. this last crash just weeded out the greedy and foolish people who thougt they could come and make their million bucks .
yes

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.